Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ghost Doge
spring

Re: Upgrade Feedback/Complaint Thread

Reply to gekko_man - Message ID#: 54717071

well its back up now so yay! and they musta been doing some repairs on it or something lol.

anyways far as PMs not being a pop up i miss that option buuut i think theres a way i can set my firefox settings to open links up in a new window but its alright its not that bad im getting use to right click > new tab lol

DARKSIDE AND I ARE BFFZ ^_^
CSW read nao pls ^_^
Kanou from maid-sama is my new anime husband ♥
pimpin aint easy
I'm the Baroness of Ballewnz and TrigunBebop is the Lord of Latex
Ask Meh Stuff!
Creepy Doll
gekko_man

Reply to SwimHumbug - Message ID#: 54696955

i understand why we cany post pics in posts, only links

but what about PM's? can we make it so we can in PM's? the button is there but it just doesnt work like in posts.
"It could always be worse, you could be me"(CAC) GITS Membership Card , Orihime Fanclub
Its All Good in the E7 Nation(CAC) , Defence Against The Undead Card , Mommy #1, Mommy #2, > MAL
"Believe in the me that believes in you!" -Kamina to Simon
Candy Thief
The_Inner_Wolf

Only issues I've had so far is with the Quick Reply not refreshing the page to see your new post. Also, html doesn't seem to work in Quick Replies. I think it looks great [as] design team. :smileyhappy: Kudos.
■■■■ STEAM ME BEHBEH.

Hi Chessie. I love you. ^______^
Creepy Doll
Raptorpat

Reply to GinaSzanboti - Message ID#: 54703437

GinaSzanboti wrote:

Tracker columns should be in this order:

Subject    Replies    New    Author    Latest Post    Kudos

Where it notes the message number and (views), there should be a line break (and no commas) so that when threads hit over 1000, it will read

Message 1001 of 1045

(75 views)

instead of

Message 1001 of 1,045 (75

views)

It just bugs me.

Tracker posts with new messages should be in bold.  It would make seeing them at a glance easier, but also help differentiate the title from the first line of the message (which is nice to have, actually - I expect that to save me some searches).  Maybe if that first line was in a pale blue or something, or if the title of the post was pale blue, one or the other, just to help break up the page when you're scanning down it.  It just makes no sense that the boldest, brightest thing on the page (other than the giant tracker name) is the date/time stamp.

I would also really prefer it if the link on our profiles was changed back to something more similar to what it was before. It took me forever to find the link to my tracker (it's not even called the post tracker anymore) and the 'view all posts' link seemed pretty obscure and hard to find compared to in the past.

Also, now that I'm actually replying to a post, I think it would make so much more sense to move the reply button back to the left side of the post. Maybe have Reply on the top and Quick Reply on the bottom.

i got pantsed by an admin

"I have been here way too long, I spelled diarrhea right on my first try." - MusketBoned
Mysterious Ooze
kanye_wong

i miss the old way of telling which thread i have posted... and which threads are "red-hot" as in over a certain amount of replies.

what time is it? Far East Movement - "I stay fly like Buzz Lightyear."

Fall 2010: too lazy to list so gonna rely on this handy chart. winter 2010--2011 list
[to finish list: shoujo sect. kure-nai. Shiki. Hen Zemi. Kure-nai OVA. Kyou, Koi o Hajimemasu.Kuttesukiboshi. Senkou no Night Raid. Arakawa under the bridge. yutori-chan. heroman. Dance in the Vampire Bund. Ookami Kakushi. fairy tail. Quiz Academy 2 OAD. Aki Sora OAD. qwaser of stigmata. asura crying 2. koihime musou 2. KIDDY GiRL-AND. Umineko no Naku Koro ni. Taishou Yakyuu Musume. Hidamari Sketch x. GA - Geijutsuka Art Design Class. Natsu no Arashi ~Akinai-chuu~. letter bee. kobato. yumeiro patissiere. nogizaka haruka 2. Weiß Survive R. Kamen no Maid Guy.]
maiden's love love affair Ojōsama wa H ga Osuki Oni Chichi erogeshop best thing to happen since sliced bread fall schedule zero-chan
Scaredy Cat
CartoonPlanet2

THESE BOARDS TAKE FOREVER TO LOAD

that is all

Candy Thief
episodenoin

* too dark. makes all the colors that exist hurt my eyes. worse, makes the white on black harder to read. would think it would make the message pop out more but the sharpness of the black prevents that.

* needs a better break between posts. in locked threads, I can't tell where one ends and the other begins.

* please move the left border a little to the right by just a few pixels. it looks like the icon got chopped on its left side.

* kudos. do not like. kudos are for granola bar eating, not ASMBing.

* tags. not sure what's the point.

* search. major. please fix. please. make it go back. the search doesn't want to work as it should when you enter in all the parameters. if I'm looking for a keyword with a username, I get one or the other. it is strenuous to have to carefully fill in the query in a specific order just to get a result and then it's still more likely to give me a post by the threadmaker where the user posted in instead of the user's own post within that thread. i don't want to have to read down the thread and that would be chaos for me with the new hard-to-read template. imagine how that would be if I used it to find a post in Rants.

* Quick Reply. i'm actually starting to grow on this one.

* lack of HTML acceptance. I paste a link, it tells me that HTML is invalid. I attempt to backspace. it won't let me. I cancel and try it again by linking in the HTML tab. the same happens. please bring back a valid WYSIWYG Editor and the ability to do HTML just as before.

* please move the timestamp where it was. every time I come across a new post, I strain to read that only to go "oh, it was just the timestamp and not an actual part of the post".

* if you could move Reply/Quick Reply above the username or below the registration mark that would be great. there's just enough space both can be fit there. we've sort of always have had Reply on the left but it's less about tradition and more about how we can have it sort of streamlined towards the left of the post with the other things. if that makes it too crowded, you can always move it there and flip Kudos over to where R/QR are now so that it and tags are on the same line. to me, you'd think you want to lead a post with the ability to reply to that post and not with the ability to Kudos it. that's why I'm making this case.

* please get rid of the mass of 5 eyes that mark the start of every folder on the main page. the eyes are creepy, is why.

* please give us the ability to not see or individually collapse the "Top Kudoed Authors", "Top Kudoed Posts" and "Top Taggers" section. I would like to be able to control whether or not I see the increasing **snarf** that comprises the multitude of Kudos. i mean, seriously, I don't care to see the fapnation that stands for a popularity show (the heavily trolled, those that haven't logged in for years, mods that are befriended and spoken of behind their backs, spammers, spoiled brats, the arrestibly perverted, and accounts that should've been banned long ago) in this town. I looked over the Top 20 and there's probably 6 that are decent and generally don't fit into the categories within the parentheses. Please give us the option of if we'd like this glaring in our face when we go to the main page or not.

* when going through the tracker, I'd like to go back to being able to see more than the 20 last posts. That's about 2 days' worth of posts for how many I can go through per day. It's an inconvenience for me to have it that low. I'd like to go back to seeing the past 100 posts or so. That way, I can see what's new for my past week instead of flipping through pages of the tracker. Imagine what it's like for users that post more frequently which would be along the lines of 40 posts a day.

* I like the auto-suggest and I can handle just about everything else... I think.

Ghost Doge
spring

Reply to spring - Message ID#: 54717421

so im just wondering if theres a way we can see past 100 pages in our trackers?

i know im really lame but sometimes id like going way back and reading old posts for nostologic reasons >_>

CSW read nao pls ^_^
pimpin aint easy
Ask Meh Stuff!
Creepy Doll
eimajtl

Reply to spring - Message ID#: 54721929

That's one of the things Humbug has on his list of thing to fix/change.
Letters. And stuff. Maybe some numbers.
Pumpkin Guts
Brittle_Shell

[ Edited ]

While i'm happy for finally some pictures in post (It just seems like taunting now)

I'm very disapointed at how **snarf** laggy it acts. I was logged in for 20 minutes just trying to post a thread with hyperlinks that don;t let me post the message it's excuse of  invalid HTML while I looked tooth and nail, and I still can't find anything wrong as well with it saying that i'm post flooding every other time I try. Now I can't post any links, nor will it oddly let me preview my message until it logs me out as well. :smileyindifferent:

Main Problems: HTML is very hard to work with when all you want to do is simply just post a god **snarf** link. What's te point of having the picture button for us? On and off slow as hell server

Creepy Doll
eimajtl

[ Edited ]

Reply to episodenoin - Message ID#: 54721855

The eyes are going sometime soon - the mass of five of them. The html thing with linking will be fixed tonight.

Kudos can be disabled in your profile, same as tags. If you want nothing to do with them, that's within your ability to change.

Candy Thief
episodenoin

[ Edited ]

Reply to eimajtl - Message ID#: 54722289

Thanks on the 5 eyes and the HTML stuff. I started writing before the announcement was made.

As for Kudos/Tags, seeing them within threads bugs me less than seeing it on the main page because of the aforementioned "**snarf**". I tried disabling and read someone else also say that it stays on the main page (at least it did with them) when they also tried disabling.

edit:  "circIejerk" is... edited? wonder since when.

edit2: Could you also make it so that threads within the tracker that have posts that haven't been read yet (i.e. like it used to be) go back to how it used to be where the entire title of the thread would be in bold if we had outstanding unread messages there? ...or is this just me and it was reset in Preferences and I have to go back to adjust it to how it once was before? ...because it used to be this way just a few hours ago and now it's not. What's up?

edit3: bug asked to test this out.

Howl of the Hobgoblin
MysticDrachen

[ Edited ]

Well, this is the first time I've actuallly had to sign in since the boards were ugraded, so I guess that was finally fixed.

lmao, it was kinda weird to be here when not technically signed in.

Anyway, this is a good sign.

The new boards are still kind of laggy/freezy when changing pages.

I'm on IE 8 if that's important to know.

I can only hope this is because you're still working on ironing everything out and it's not "fully operational" yet.

Oh, and despite the fact that I complained earlier that I'd like some different background styles,
I'm kinda getting used to this Acid Green Screamer background. It's not as harsh to look at as it was when I origionally saw it.

I guess this new background was kind of like a swimming pool.

When you dive right in, it initially feels really cold, but you get used to it after a bit.

It's better than that filthy bear rug anyway. I was never used to that.

That pool water was not only freezing cold, but full of algae.

Anyway, yeah, I could still use a heater for the pool, but I can wait.

I don't mind if the water is only 70 degrees. I'll still swim.

This legendary dragon is a powerful engine of destruction.
Virtually invincible, very few have faced this awesome creature and lived to tell the tale.

MysticJhn = ArseneJhnIII = DanielFenton = Electrical_Merlin = The_Wizard_of_Truth = MysticDrachen = MechaFrog
The vandals stole the gazebo!
★★★★ FUKUROU NO KAMI ★★★★
Aunt Norma's Urn
Giraffe_Murder

[ Edited ]

Reply to eimajtl - Message ID#: 54699567

on mine & everybody elses tracker , theres 1 LESS post than the total # of posts

I kill your giraffe.
Creepy Doll
eimajtl

Reply to Giraffe_Murder - Message ID#: 54725991

Just noticed that I can set the front page to show my online friends - I am happy with that.

Also I switched to relative time for posts and it's nifty. I think I like it better than seeing the date and time.
Ghost Doge
spring

Reply to eimajtl - Message ID#: 54722231

eimajtl wrote:
That's one of the things Humbug has on his list of thing to fix/change.

ah i see thanks gotcha!

CSW read nao pls ^_^
pimpin aint easy
Ask Meh Stuff!
Vengeful Mummy Curse
Tuttle1

Reply to eimajtl - Message ID#: 54728369

I'm kinda pissed I had to re-log in when I came home because my "session timed out". This isn't bank account :smileyindifferent:
Aunt Norma's Urn
I_Eat_My_Head

what happened to the boards?

ANIME RULES ON [ADULT SWIM] WATCH TOONAMI EVERY SATURDAY NIGHTS ON ADULTSWIM
Spinning Spider
lordadmira

Reply to NumyMufn - Message ID#: 54712159

NumyMufn wrote:

eimajtl wrote:

Know what the thread was called? Nevermind about the title... I'm assuming it's the FAQ?

I didn't have any luck finding it. 

Also, holy cow! Best thing about this upgrade? This icon is FINALLY usable. It used to always just set your icon as what you had before or make it blank. Wahoo!

It's the original music thread.

(formerly at boards.adultswim.com/t5/General-Adult-Swim-Discussion/OFFICIAL-Ad
ult-Swim-Music-FAQ/td-p/5741870)

It was a bit messed up but it wasn't useless, quite the contrary. I was on page 59 before the upgrade, now I'm afraid it's gone forever. :smileysad: My bookmarks & searches just keep bringing up "Message Not Found" errors

Also, that IS an awesome icon!

If it really is gone u should still be able to find it in the Google search cache.  Search for the thread title along with site:boards.adultswim.com.

LA

the leeks have chosen me as their master...
The Anime Prime Directive is in effect.
Chief Justice of the Orihime Fanclub                               How to see all of AD at once
Anata wa baka da! REPENT!!
Spinning Spider
lordadmira

[ Edited ]

Reply to gekko_man - Message ID#: 54714749

gekko_man wrote:

inhumanrampager wrote:

Not liking the fact that quick reply doesn't automatically show the new post.

if it did it would have to reload the whole page.....which makes the quick reply pointless, you might as well use the regular reply then.

Not true. They could have had it update in place just like Faisebook does. Lithium is a bunch of noobs.

LA

the leeks have chosen me as their master...
The Anime Prime Directive is in effect.
Chief Justice of the Orihime Fanclub                               How to see all of AD at once
Anata wa baka da! REPENT!!
Spinning Spider
Laidar

[ Edited ]

Reply to Laidar - Message ID#: 54698479

Laidar wrote:
I have a question, is the page auto refresh feature coming back?

I liked being able to set it so that the boards refreshed after about 5 - 10 min

thought I would bump this to a new page

edit: because I really miss this feature

S.H.O.T.T.S. #100                                                                                                  My Mal

Rank Chart, if you have stat's lower than what's listed go Here and post your stats please ♥♥

Candy Thief
GinaSzanboti

Reply to Rishiden - Message ID#: 54712197

Rishiden wrote:

you should have put the POST button before the CANCEL button.

Or on opposite sides of the text box.  I have very nearly cancelled about 4 posts already.

Madness is not a place one goes, it’s a spider waiting to feel the tremble of the web. -- GuiltyRed
We're all mad here. - The Cheshire Cat
Clan of the Crypt
RPD

don't like it one bit...

Hell's Minions
NumyMufn

Reply to lordadmira - Message ID#: 54729721

lordadmira wrote:

NumyMufn wrote:It's the original music thread.

(formerly at boards.adultswim.com/t5/General-Adult-Swim-Discussion/OFFICIAL-Ad
ult-Swim-Music-FAQ/td-p/5741870)

It was a bit messed up but it wasn't useless, quite the contrary. I was on page 59 before the upgrade, now I'm afraid it's gone forever. :smileysad: My bookmarks & searches just keep bringing up "Message Not Found" errors

If it really is gone u should still be able to find it in the Google search cache.  Search for the thread title along with site:boards.adultswim.com.

LA

omigosh Thank You - that never crossed my mind. This is even more strange, I found a cached page and just for the halibut I clicked on the 'jump to the end' arrows and the last page of the thread is here as it should be. o.O
boards.adultswim.com/t5/General-Adult-Swim-Discussion/OFFICIAL-Ad
ult-Swim-Music-FAQ/m-p/5741870/page/78?view=by_date_ascending

Hell's Minions
wickedlady4180

I have a question.

On the tracker page, it used to highlight and bold new posts in threads, and tell the amount of new posts.

It no longer does this.
can this be fixed?
Tim & EricATHFH.MoviesBrakSGC2COblongsFamily.GBirdmanSealabVentureBebopS.JailMetalInuyasha12ozD.Note
[ プリクラ ] [ »»───(knee)───► ] [ Official H.E.L.P.e.R of the T&E/FG/CIO folders ]