KittehHipster
Sentroid91

Re: What happened to Adultswimshop.com?

Reply to itsacoaster - Message ID#: 64149873

I think what it comes down to is... Shop was shut down (again) because it wasn't profitable for Swim in this economy. Let's be honest, a lot of the merch they were selling could have been made, using the same materials for at least 50% of the cost.

I've been ranting about Shop since they opened back up a few years ago as Williams Street Shop, you can't expect people who are accustomed to buying [adult swim] t-shirts, toys, etc. from retail stores for between $15 - $25 to buy the same exact stuff from you for $10 more PLUS S&H.  On the other hand, a lot of the stuff sold on Shop was pretty bad quality. T-shirts especially.

I'm sure down the road Swim will end up rethinking the shop idea, but for now I think they're happy with throwing their remaining merch on Amazon, etc. I'm also rather bummed because (as Itsacoaster mentioned) I'm one of those people who missed the boat on the Lucy DVD... because I couldn't afford to pay $20 S&H for a $10 DVD set.

At any rate, I think i'll cut my rant on Shop's re-death short and save the rest for Friday's Swimcast record... for anyone who listens. :smileywink:

The Librarian

Reply to LUNI_TUNZ - Message ID#: 64169581

They cost more than what I have to spare. Sure, there are cheap platforms, but those forums are kinda icky.
Aye swimae.
"Yes whales are big." -DBZ4ever
“Something to remember, that: cats for missiles.”

Come talk books in The Library!
MasterKitteh
Top_Gun

Reply to 770312 - Message ID#: 64177373

Really? phpBB and Simple Machines are two very widely used open-source software suites, and they won't cost you a penny beyond the server you host them on.
[as] Old School: Movie Edition -- This week: Inuyasha Movie 3: Swords of an Honorable Ruler
TG loves lists: MyAnimeList / DVD Aficionado | Ye Olde ASMB Icons: Photobucket / Archive | Ze AD Fanfic! (through chapter 44)
Farewell, Gecko..."Death...casts its eye upon us gently, and then guides us into infinity."
The Librarian

Reply to Top_Gun - Message ID#: 64178737

I havent run across any that I really like... plus with moola I could just hire someone to run the technical side of it. Aaaaand, if you dont have to worry about any costs than you dont have to worry about silly ads. :manmad:

This is all just silly talk though. XD
Aye swimae.

KittehPunk
TeenRacer66

Reply to Cuyler_man - Message ID#: 64144313

I just had a wild thought.

The last paragraph of the shop's closed message says "Now clear off and stop loitering. You #### kids with your skateboards."

They are premering the show Loiter Squad soon, and the only ad I ever saw for it was one of them being idiotic with some kid on a skateboard.

Coincidence, or is [AS] trolling us?

InuYashographer
doxiedachsie

Reply to TeenRacer66 - Message ID#: 64179199

All I can say is that April 1st is getting close.  >.>

kienasai! eien ni!
New Rank Chart | Custom Rank Chart | Communiy Error Reports | Inuyasha Board | Moribito Board | Casshern Sins Board | Samurai 7
Your HELPeR for Inuyasha, Moribito!, Casshern Sins, and Samurai 7!
Moribito Episode Viewing going on right now in the Moribito Folder! Episode 21 now up!

KittehStar
simoFG14

I find it ironic that they claim they want our money so much and then shut down the only direct way to get it.

Actually, I thought I saw a bump this week that mentions the shop? 

i don't remember any html
MasterKitteh
viperxmns

Reply to simoFG14 - Message ID#: 64192113

That was TheHafk suggesting a real Delocated soundboard suit, or at least a soundboard

Ironic that now there is no Shop.. though speaking of which it would also seem sorta irresponsible for them to not have any sort of bump in regard to the closing of the shop.
KittehFan
ShlickShlickShlick

Reply to viperxmns - Message ID#: 64210297

Or bumps encouraging people to go to the Shop when it was open.

Might have solved that money problem.
I woke up with a clown's hand down my pants. That's how my day went.
KittehGuru
LUNI_TUNZ

Reply to 770312 - Message ID#: 64179075

770312 wrote:
I havent run across any that I really like... plus with moola I could just hire someone to run the technical side of it. Aaaaand, if you dont have to worry about any costs than you dont have to worry about silly ads. :manmad:

This is all just silly talk though. XD
I don't know, if Lithium is truly the group of incompetents they're portrayed as who just bang their dicks together instead of actually fixing problems, then paying for message boards doesn't seem like such a great thing.

Dave Says:
May 7th, 2010 at 10:32 am
Batman Begins suck is not even Bruce Wayne is Peter Peter parker. they take a formula and TDK is way overated movie. i don’t even se a gothic city, i see the movie Heat whit AL Pacino and Robert De Niro but whit a clown in black and a homless clow.
I'm on the PSN: LUNI_TUNZ. Also, read stuff I write about animes.
The Librarian

Reply to LUNI_TUNZ - Message ID#: 64245461

.... you've got a major point there. :smileyvery-happy:
Aye swimae.

MasterKitteh
Vash_Bebop

The shipping was what killed it in my opinion. Even the Cartoon Network shop offers a free shipping option when you spend $60+. If [AS] did this, people probably would have purchased more from them. I know I would have. Curious to see where their merchandise goes now though. Would have picked up a few things if I realized this was going to happen.

Space Ghost: Hey man, crack a window open! INTERRUPT TRANSMISSION GHOST PLANET CODE V1.2: CHSg+++++Bm+ C2C++++ West "Banjo" CP++ "Smells like Cartoon Planet" "Zorak's Nuggets of Joy" U* L s# F# RESUME TRANSMISSION

Want to bring back memories of 'old school cartoons'? Check out www.toontracker.com, Pictures, descriptions and songs.
Kittehmortal
CartoonPlanet

Maybe not forever, but from the looks of it, a pretty long time at least.

Geez, I'm glad I finally finished my SGC2C complete episode collection when I did.
If I had waited any longer, I would have been SOL as well.

I'll be pretty pissed off if in the future they decide to shut down the boards. This is one of the sites I visit the most.

We want answers, Adult Swim. :smileyindifferent:

Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness.
KittehPunk
Ryokazoid

Reply to Fighting_Panties - Message ID#: 64147143

Nothing 'slow' about it. [AS] is tumbling down a steep cliff at supersonic speed.
cleans your balls