Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
SwimNerd
xotheusedguyox
Posts: 228
Registered: ‎03-04-2009

AS most popular show & they dont respect it, wtf?

aqua teen or aqua unit is the longest running and most popular AS show and they dont respect it by giving it blu-ray releases when all these other crappy shows on AS get blu-ray releases....wtf???

SwimPunk
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎02-09-2010
0

Re: AS most popular show & they dont respect i

Reply to xotheusedguyox - Message ID#: 62222936

+1

 

This is the only reason they've never gotten my money off a release.

SwimHipster
ZorakTheEvilLocust
Posts: 1,326
Registered: ‎03-20-2010
0

Re: AS most popular show & they dont respect i

Reply to xwinterbornx - Message ID#: 62224604

I really do wish they would put them on Blu-Ray, because I really like HD.
When your life's a chain of troubles,
And your dreams all broken bubbles,
While your woes recur in doubles,
Simply pause, and smile a while.
I'm crying! Because I wanted you to see the full range... of my emotions!
SwimNerd
StephenHero
Posts: 468
Registered: ‎03-28-2011
0

Re: AS most popular show & they dont respect i

Reply to xotheusedguyox - Message ID#: 62222936

Aqua Teen is their longest running and most popular show? Do you mean that because you aren't old enough to remember Space Ghost?

Space Ghost C2C April 1994 - May 2008 (15 years)

ATHF/USP1 December 2000 - July 2011 (12 years, season 9/year 13 pending)

 

Pretty sure SG is their longest running property. I know more people that know about SG than MS (much less Frylock and Meatwad), especially since there was this thing called Cartoon Planet back in the 90s, which was little more than a children's version of SGC2C sans guests. The Aqua Teens/Unit may have gotten a movie, but did/do they have three different tv series utilizing the same stable of characters? Did any of the Aqua Teens attend the ATHFCMFFT premier? The answer to both of those is no. But in the case of Space Ghost, the answer is an emphatic yes.

 

Seriously, calm down. Everyone is getting screwed with [as] choices for production of dvd/blu-ray. The final season of SGC2C, the majority of the second and entire third season of Moral Orel have yet to ever be put on a disc. Its cheaper to buy the VB S4 blu-ray than the two dvds, but most people don't have a blu-ray player because it is an unnecessary commodity that's replacing something that was itself a replacement within the past decade - I remember a time when I could choose between VHS and DVD and HDDVD and Blu-ray... suddenly half of those choices are gone because ignorant consumers with too much expendable capital drive the market.

 

Seriously, WTF indeed, but not at the lack of an ATHF/AUPS1 blu-ray, instead WTF at the person so upset it doesn't exist that he gets online to demand it. WHY? Why do you need the Aqua Teens in HD? Need an accurate fry count? Wondering just how sexy Carl's sweaty tanktop is? OH! Perhaps there's some grit on Meatwad the creators have always secretly upset you couldn't notice due to subpar broadcasting definitions.

 

And what crappy shows are getting blu-ray releases from [as]? Sure, the VB fans make the show (outside of its airing) unbearable, but it isn't a crappy show. You must be, then, referring to Metalocalypse or Robot Chicken. Metal has the same problem as VB: a rabid fan base. And in the case of Robot Chicken, I'm pretty sure Seth Green is a big enough name to sell a few slightly more expensive discs. I know people that have never seen/heard of Robot Chicken that could tell me more about Seth Green than I could tell you about pretentious literature. That said, I can say for a fact, that most people I know that love ATHF/AUPS1 to the point you do (if not more so) are usually the kind of people too high to remember their shift at Subway started 30 minutes ago. So, cater to people that lounge around and try to not spend money, or market to the people clamoring for mass consumption... And now I just realized why I don't own an HDDVD.

History is a nightmare from which I am trying awake.
SwimNerd
StephenHero
Posts: 468
Registered: ‎03-28-2011
0

Re: AS most popular show & they dont respect i

Reply to StephenHero - Message ID#: 62226808

It is a goddamned cartoon. There is no need for an HD release, and I certainly would never buy one for this show or any other [as] show. The regular DVDs are adequate. In fact, NO SHOW ON TELEVISION need be released in blu-ray, you as a HUMAN BEING cannot discern the difference between modern "standard" def and "high" def. Yes, the remastered versions of shows look great, but was it really necessary to remind us that EVERYTHING in Star Trek TOS was made of paper mâché?

History is a nightmare from which I am trying awake.
SwimNerd
xotheusedguyox
Posts: 228
Registered: ‎03-04-2009
0

Re: AS most popular show & they dont respect i

Reply to StephenHero - Message ID#: 62226808


StephenHero wrote:

Aqua Teen is their longest running and most popular show? Do you mean that because you aren't old enough to remember Space Ghost?

Space Ghost C2C April 1994 - May 2008 (15 years)

ATHF/USP1 December 2000 - July 2011 (12 years, season 9/year 13 pending)

 

Pretty sure SG is their longest running property. I know more people that know about SG than MS (much less Frylock and Meatwad), especially since there was this thing called Cartoon Planet back in the 90s, which was little more than a children's version of SGC2C sans guests. The Aqua Teens/Unit may have gotten a movie, but did/do they have three different tv series utilizing the same stable of characters? Did any of the Aqua Teens attend the ATHFCMFFT premier? The answer to both of those is no. But in the case of Space Ghost, the answer is an emphatic yes.

 

Seriously, calm down. Everyone is getting screwed with [as] choices for production of dvd/blu-ray. The final season of SGC2C, the majority of the second and entire third season of Moral Orel have yet to ever be put on a disc. Its cheaper to buy the VB S4 blu-ray than the two dvds, but most people don't have a blu-ray player because it is an unnecessary commodity that's replacing something that was itself a replacement within the past decade - I remember a time when I could choose between VHS and DVD and HDDVD and Blu-ray... suddenly half of those choices are gone because ignorant consumers with too much expendable capital drive the market.

 

Seriously, WTF indeed, but not at the lack of an ATHF/AUPS1 blu-ray, instead WTF at the person so upset it doesn't exist that he gets online to demand it. WHY? Why do you need the Aqua Teens in HD? Need an accurate fry count? Wondering just how sexy Carl's sweaty tanktop is? OH! Perhaps there's some grit on Meatwad the creators have always secretly upset you couldn't notice due to subpar broadcasting definitions.

 

And what crappy shows are getting blu-ray releases from [as]? Sure, the VB fans make the show (outside of its airing) unbearable, but it isn't a crappy show. You must be, then, referring to Metalocalypse or Robot Chicken. Metal has the same problem as VB: a rabid fan base. And in the case of Robot Chicken, I'm pretty sure Seth Green is a big enough name to sell a few slightly more expensive discs. I know people that have never seen/heard of Robot Chicken that could tell me more about Seth Green than I could tell you about pretentious literature. That said, I can say for a fact, that most people I know that love ATHF/AUPS1 to the point you do (if not more so) are usually the kind of people too high to remember their shift at Subway started 30 minutes ago. So, cater to people that lounge around and try to not spend money, or market to the people clamoring for mass consumption... And now I just realized why I don't own an HDDVD.



space ghost was 1994-2004 (10 years) then was cancelled then 2 years later some other eps were made and never even aired on tv fool.  and the crappy shows getting blu-rays is venture bros and robot chicken.

SwimHipster
ZorakTheEvilLocust
Posts: 1,326
Registered: ‎03-20-2010
0

Re: AS most popular show & they dont respect i

Reply to StephenHero - Message ID#: 62226808

Since when was Space Ghost on after 2004?
When your life's a chain of troubles,
And your dreams all broken bubbles,
While your woes recur in doubles,
Simply pause, and smile a while.
I'm crying! Because I wanted you to see the full range... of my emotions!
SwimNerd
StephenHero
Posts: 468
Registered: ‎03-28-2011
0

Re: AS most popular show & they dont respect i

[ Edited ]

Reply to xotheusedguyox - Message ID#: 62229604

Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how right I am.

 

Seriously, you call me a fool? You're the idiot asking that a cartoon be released in HD. (<-- sorry, I wasn't asking that). What's the matter, is the grass not green enough for you?

 

Now, unlike yourself, I'll make counterpoints to your "argument". SGC2C lasted until 2008 - it was the same show regardless of who was making it, where the episodes were being shown. Does the fact that Family Guy was off the air for a few years change the fact that it has been airing for over a decade? Does the fact that Futurama, while still produced by 20th Century Fox, is now, after a few years of being cancelled, being broadcast on Comedy Central make it a different show? You say they never aired on tv, but neither did the final episode of [as]'s 12 Oz. Mouse or Perfect Hair Forever - both being shows that were created in the time when ATHF was not in production... Hey, yeah, that's right, ATHF had an almost two year span where there were no new episodes, that means it hasn't really been on for 12 years! And then it isn't even ATHF anymore, it is a different show called AUPS1 and is set in Seattle, so ATHF only ran for 9 years and this AUPS1 is headed into its second year... So again, SGC2C is winning at 10 years... Oh, but wait, SG took a short break while the creators were trying to develop the other [as] originals like ATHF... hmm. It would seem that in every way, SG holds more weight, that is to say IMPORTANCE, than most other [as] shows, and at the end of the day, we see what good that has done.

 

Again, seriously? Get over it. Sorry you're not smart enough to enjoy Venture Bros, nor know enough pop-culture to appreciate Robot Chicken, but you really don't need to get mad because you can't buy a "better looking" version of a cartoon show when fans of those two other programs can. Just take comfort in the fact that you aren't getting ripped off, and go back to laughing at the television, lord knows that's the closest your life will ever get to happiness.

History is a nightmare from which I am trying awake.
SwimNerd
StephenHero
Posts: 468
Registered: ‎03-28-2011
0

Re: AS most popular show & they dont respect i

Reply to ZorakTheEvilLocust - Message ID#: 62236382

Note that I said longest running property:

 

After the initial 8 season run, Gametap produced two more seasons of the show, both of which were broadcast exclusively through the internet. SG is still a member of the same family as [as], therefore, SG is longest running property.

History is a nightmare from which I am trying awake.
SwimHipster
ZorakTheEvilLocust
Posts: 1,326
Registered: ‎03-20-2010
0

Re: AS most popular show & they dont respect i

Reply to StephenHero - Message ID#: 62236996

Oh, yeah. I forgot about the Gametap episodes. I remember that one where Zorak was host...good stuff.
When your life's a chain of troubles,
And your dreams all broken bubbles,
While your woes recur in doubles,
Simply pause, and smile a while.
I'm crying! Because I wanted you to see the full range... of my emotions!
SwimNerd
xotheusedguyox
Posts: 228
Registered: ‎03-04-2009
0

Re: AS most popular show & they dont respect i

[ Edited ]

Reply to StephenHero - Message ID#: 62236962


StephenHero wrote:

Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how right I am.

 

Seriously, you call me a fool? You're the idiot asking that a cartoon be released in HD. (<-- sorry, I wasn't asking that). What's the matter, is the grass not green enough for you?

 

Now, unlike yourself, I'll make counterpoints to your "argument". SGC2C lasted until 2008 - it was the same show regardless of who was making it, where the episodes were being shown. Does the fact that Family Guy was off the air for a few years change the fact that it has been airing for over a decade? Does the fact that Futurama, while still produced by 20th Century Fox, is now, after a few years of being cancelled, being broadcast on Comedy Central make it a different show? You say they never aired on tv, but neither did the final episode of [as]'s 12 Oz. Mouse or Perfect Hair Forever - both being shows that were created in the time when ATHF was not in production... Hey, yeah, that's right, ATHF had an almost two year span where there were no new episodes, that means it hasn't really been on for 12 years! And then it isn't even ATHF anymore, it is a different show called AUPS1 and is set in Seattle, so ATHF only ran for 9 years and this AUPS1 is headed into its second year... So again, SGC2C is winning at 10 years... Oh, but wait, SG took a short break while the creators were trying to develop the other [as] originals like ATHF... hmm. It would seem that in every way, SG holds more weight, that is to say IMPORTANCE, than most other [as] shows, and at the end of the day, we see what good that has done.

 

Again, seriously? Get over it. Sorry you're not smart enough to enjoy Venture Bros, nor know enough pop-culture to appreciate Robot Chicken, but you really don't need to get mad because you can't buy a "better looking" version of a cartoon show when fans of those two other programs can. Just take comfort in the fact that you aren't getting ripped off, and go back to laughing at the television, lord knows that's the closest your life will ever get to happiness.

 


wow your dumb as fcuk, you play the sound of wrongness, you don't count the years it was cancelled so it be 12 years and you dont count the bootleg internet seasons so its down to 10 years.....theres dumb and theres stupid, calling you abysmal mind either one is an overstatement

SwimHipster
ZorakTheEvilLocust
Posts: 1,326
Registered: ‎03-20-2010
0

Re: AS most popular show & they dont respect i

Reply to xotheusedguyox - Message ID#: 62239100

Take your wrongness to 4chan.
When your life's a chain of troubles,
And your dreams all broken bubbles,
While your woes recur in doubles,
Simply pause, and smile a while.
I'm crying! Because I wanted you to see the full range... of my emotions!
SwimNerd
StephenHero
Posts: 468
Registered: ‎03-28-2011
0

Re: AS most popular show & they dont respect i

Reply to xotheusedguyox - Message ID#: 62239100


xotheusedguyox wrote:

wow your dumb as fcuk, you play the sound of wrongness, you don't count the years it was cancelled so it be 12 years and you dont count the bootleg internet seasons so its down to 10 years.....theres dumb and theres stupid, calling you abysmal mind either one is an overstatement



An idiot's idiotic way of identifying another individual as an idiot... I would assume, I no hablo broken Anglish.

History is a nightmare from which I am trying awake.
SwimPunk
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎02-09-2010
0

Re: AS most popular show & they dont respect i

Reply to StephenHero - Message ID#: 62226852

You are ignorant on this matter. To my eyes, animation actually shines greater than live action does when put into HD. The lines end up looking like vector images, pure perfection. Either you have poor eyesight or you don't quite know what HD is.

SwimNerd
StephenHero
Posts: 468
Registered: ‎03-28-2011
0

Re: AS most popular show & they dont respect i

Reply to xwinterbornx - Message ID#: 62375750


xwinterbornx wrote:

You are ignorant on this matter. To my eyes, animation actually shines greater than live action does when put into HD. The lines end up looking like vector images, pure perfection. Either you have poor eyesight or you don't quite know what HD is.


 

Way to argue with opinion and not fact. You are ignorant in general. High Def does nothing but darken edges and brighten colors and it does it on such a minute scale that so long as something has the right dimensions or brightness it looks "HD". Take, for instance, modern video games: whether you have an HD cable running from your system to the tv or not, COD and Battlefield (et al.) look pretty realistic because the designers effort, and the only thing that changes with the HD cord plugged in is that the sun glare gets a little more noticeable. I assure you, there is no HUGE discernable difference between the two mediums, and as it stands blu-ray buyers are getting ripped off worse than DVD buyers on the cost from production vs cost at retail. 

History is a nightmare from which I am trying awake.
SwimSuperfan
HolyLoliSoul
Posts: 6,244
Registered: ‎09-20-2011
0

Re: AS most popular show & they dont respect i

Reply to xotheusedguyox - Message ID#: 62222936

So why do you want to pay more to add a slightly sharper quality to the limited animation? And by other crappy shows, do you mean Robot Chicken and Venture Bros.?
WE ARE GRANDMA. WALL ST = REIGNDEAR
SwimNerd
StephenHero
Posts: 468
Registered: ‎03-28-2011
0

Re: AS most popular show & they dont respect i

Reply to HolyLoliSoul - Message ID#: 62396944

He's already ignored those points completely, so... yeah. Also, I already got him to admit: "and the crappy shows getting blu-rays is venture bros and robot chicken."

History is a nightmare from which I am trying awake.
SwimHipster
ZorakTheEvilLocust
Posts: 1,326
Registered: ‎03-20-2010
0

Re: AS most popular show & they dont respect i

Reply to StephenHero - Message ID#: 62377980

So what you imply is that 240p and 1080p are EXACTLY the same, just brighter colors and darker lines?
When your life's a chain of troubles,
And your dreams all broken bubbles,
While your woes recur in doubles,
Simply pause, and smile a while.
I'm crying! Because I wanted you to see the full range... of my emotions!
SwimNerd
xotheusedguyox
Posts: 228
Registered: ‎03-04-2009
0

Re: AS most popular show & they dont respect i

Reply to ZorakTheEvilLocust - Message ID#: 62422266


ZorakTheEvilLocust wrote:
So what you imply is that 240p and 1080p are EXACTLY the same, just brighter colors and darker lines?


the man has no logic, just ignore him

SwimHotshot
-Dudeco-
Posts: 9,727
Registered: ‎02-24-2008
0

Re: AS most popular show & they dont respect i

Reply to xotheusedguyox - Message ID#: 62222936

Just because ATHF hasn't gotten a Blu Ray release doesn't mean it's getting f***ed over. It's still getting standard DVD's for each season. And this is coming from someone who likes ATHF. Hell, some shows don't even have DVDs yet, but are just as deserving (Like Stroker & Hoop and Drinky Crow).

 

Plus, the only difference between Blu Ray and DVD is picture quality and maybe less extras on the DVDs, but other than that, I'm sure ATHF fans can bite the bullet and settle for DVDs. Like I said, some deserving shows haven't even had the privledge of coming to DVD.

Fern Gully, Aladdin and Robots will all be watched in future generations for one reason.
There are 5 original seasons of Futurama, not 4.
The old school=The new school!

SwimNerd
StephenHero
Posts: 468
Registered: ‎03-28-2011
0

Re: AS most popular show & they dont respect i

Reply to -Dudeco- - Message ID#: 62433064

Thank you. Everything I've tried to say and more.

History is a nightmare from which I am trying awake.
SwimNerd
StephenHero
Posts: 468
Registered: ‎03-28-2011
0

Re: AS most popular show & they dont respect i

Reply to ZorakTheEvilLocust - Message ID#: 62422266

Oh yeah, the two numbers unlike clearly indicates a difference. My point was that the difference is so minute it isn't worth your money in the cost difference. What little more there is to notice is little more than depth and brightness, and with a cartoon of this kind, it is completely unnecessary of a treatment while HD still isn't even the standard... hence HD.

History is a nightmare from which I am trying awake.
SwimPunk
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎02-09-2010
0

Re: AS most popular show & they dont respect i

[ Edited ]

Reply to StephenHero - Message ID#: 62441004

We'll go with poor eyesight then. The difference in quality is quite astounding (yes, on cartoons with limited animation too). I bet you used to rant against DVDs too. Kept with your old VCR unit. You're probably just mad because you can't afford a PS3 or blu-ray player.

Also, the fact that you apparently think the difference between 280p and 1080p is "just numbers" and that the letter H in HD indicates it is not even the "standard" proves you are more than just misinformed, you're plain stupid. So enough with you.

SwimHipster
ZorakTheEvilLocust
Posts: 1,326
Registered: ‎03-20-2010
0

Re: AS most popular show & they dont respect i

[ Edited ]

Reply to xwinterbornx - Message ID#: 63017331

I thought it was the standard to release all upcoming movies and shows on Blu-Ray now.

 

And to StephenHero, I was agreeing with you, but recently, I've found that you are just a dumbass. Come on, you're just so impossibly wrong it's gotta be a joke.

When your life's a chain of troubles,
And your dreams all broken bubbles,
While your woes recur in doubles,
Simply pause, and smile a while.
I'm crying! Because I wanted you to see the full range... of my emotions!
SwimNerd
StephenHero
Posts: 468
Registered: ‎03-28-2011
0

Re: AS most popular show & they dont respect i

Reply to xwinterbornx - Message ID#: 63017331

You're wrong, and you need to learn how to comprehend better. I'm done arguing with an idiot that can't understand he's just a butthurt **noel**got. Look, I have said, more than once, THERE IS A DIFFERENCE, but I have also stated the difference is too minute to justify the increased price. But yeah, no, my problem is being unhealthy and poor right? Goddamn me for not having more disposable income. I should just kill myself now for not having a flat screen in everyroom and a swiming pool inside my house that is big enough for my 12 waveriders.

 

You are a **noel** idiot that is wasting your money. Have fun being an angry nerd with nothing better to do than cry because things don't look pretty enough.

History is a nightmare from which I am trying awake.