Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SwimArbiter
SwimMod_Luuv

Abuse Reports and Babbling

dngr mod rant:

Some notes and tips on Babbling and the Report Abuse feature:

1.  You guys come on, you all show up here every day, and some of you don't like each other, tough shiz.  The people you don't like are going to show up every day too.  Learn to deal.  I can't believe for YEARS we've been getting the same frivolous abuse reports (often 20-30+ per day) from the same users about the same users.  Usually it's a back-and-forth situation too.

So not only are we getting like 20 reports a day from dumbass A about dumbass B, but dumbass B also submits 20 reports a day on dumbass A.  Just knock it the hell off already.  Jesus christ, it's been friggin YEARS of this crap. 

The truth of the situation is, you are all now, have always been, and will continue to be, part of the same community.  As such you really do owe each other a little bit of common courtesy, and at the very least the same amount of respect you expect others to give to you.

2.  Really people, I can't believe I have to say this again, but if you have like 4 or 5 reports in the system, and you're just dogging around one particular user, blowing everything they say out of proportion, and reporting it, it's too many friggin reports already.  So adding another 20 or 30 on top of it DOES NOT HELP.  In fact, it creates a scenario where moderators have to sift through report after report of nothing.  There may be one legit flame in there, but it's like finding a needle in a haystack because there are so many friggin reports from one user on another user, most of which are ridiculous and frivolous, irrational blowing something out of proportion type stuff.

Then we get "wah wah wah the mods aren't doing their jobs 'sniff'" well - newsflash, the mods are actually doing their jobs, and you're lucky you're not getting banned once a week for all the frivolous nonsense you submit via the report abuse folder.

And ironically - the same exact people pull the exact same crap on each other, and on us, and whine when it's done to them, and whine at us in exactly the same way when we don't act as their personal whim slaves and do whatever they tell us to do in the ridiculous friggin abuse reports they send in.

Newsflash:  The guy you're reporting is reporting you.  You're sending in exactly the same crap/meaningless abuse reports on each other, and you're whining equally as loud when you don't get your way.

3.  DO NOT send in any more frivolous reports.  You're taking time away from legitimate issues with your ridiculous childish irrational overreactions to one another.

4.  SEND ONE REPORT.  Make it a good one.  If I see any more of these screenfulls of reports by one user against another user, I'm banning the user that sent them in for abusing the system and compromising the ability of moderators to get to legitimate abuse reports for having to go through all your childish bullshit.

I reiterate:  MAKE IT A GOOD ONE.  If you're going to send in one report, it better be an actual flame, or something important.

And obviously, I'm only addressing a handful of users with this particular point, they know who they are, if you've sent in like, 5-30 abuse reports in a row, yeah it's you.

5.  The abuse report system is a way to preserve community standards to make things safer for everyone primarily.  Safety issues are job 1.  That includes posting or solicitation of contact information, posts that suggest a user may be underage, stuff like that. 

Civility and navigability etc are also important in their way.  We will indeed read and respond accordingly to any abuse reports submitted.  Just think about what you're doing when you submit one.  Are you blowing it out of proportion just to make it look worse than it is because you're actively trying to get another user kicked off the board?  If so, just don't send it.

If somebody legitimately flames you in an extreme enough way that you feel it needs to be reported, report it.

But really guys, for frigs sake, you've all been coming here for forever and you STILL pull this same crap on each other?

It's a waste of my time, it's a waste of your time, and you're compromising our ability to get to possible actual safety issues.

So cut the crap.  If you're one of these users that sends in like 80 reports at a time:  SEND IN ONE REPORT ONLY.  And it better be an obvious/direct flame or something, none of this "Here's the quote of what he said and this is how I interpreted it, so now you have to interpret it the same way"  It's got to be obvious ot anybody who looked at it that wasn't actively trying to spin it into a flame so they can report it.

All this angst and frustration would evaporate if you'd just treat the other guy with the same respect you feel they should be treating you with.  I don't care if the other guy isn't biting.  Who gives a crap really.  You're not in charge of that other guy.  You supposedly do have control of yourself.  If you exercise that self control, you'll have no worries.  The other guy can flame and whine all they want and they'll be dealing with mods and all the other BS that goes with that. 

Just do it.  For gods sake, you're part of the same community, none of the lot of you that's been sniping and reporting and bating and reporting and whining about how nobody ever takes you reports seriously act like it. 

But it's way past time for this revelation to hit you:  You are part of the same community.  You have been for a long time.  You will continue to be.  Just accept it.  Respect each other as you would have others respect you. Move forward.

Swimuminati
Glodson

Re: Abuse Reports and Babbling

Reply to SwimMod_Luuv - Message ID#: 63240667

REPORTED FOR TROLLING!
Swimmortal
Goldar

[ Edited ]

i lol every time i see someone saying, "i reported X for X"

Just so you know Luuv, just so you know.

edit: also, I'd be willing to bet who some of those users are
“Dopplepopolis? Is that Greek?”
Order of the Kitty
Saddy

*cough*astroman*cough*

'cause i'm all yours if you're all mine
i'm a white wh*re driving a white bushcar bought by a black man
SwimLegend
MusketBoned

As long as I can still report people for looking at me funny.
Do you have any fruit swords?

"I was just saying; smart smart smart, classic cars, Portland."

I HAVEN'T EVEN JERKED OFF SINCE EASTER
Otaku Info Broker
helpme

[ Edited ]

I'm hardly here for that

ask Doxie and Odin

also I read this on private time

MyAnimeList
Anime Manga More website
Either way Don't have fun or I will hunt it down and kill it ~SwimModPerseus
Take a chill pill. Log off. You're being a jackass, and it's annoying ~SwimOdin
Come back from a weekend and you guys are trying to castrate each other Jeeze ~SwimMod_Bast
Knight SwimDeath main account 

SwimStar
TheMasterBlaster

It takes something extraordinarily bad for me to use the report function around the asmb.

Like a direct threat to someone.

Although Saddy makes the penultimate point on excessive Abuse Reports from Babbling......that's all I'm going to say.

SwimPWNED
BackupAlt

Reply to Goldar - Message ID#: 63240679

I reported you for having an awesome icon.

*high fives*
Swimmortal
Goldar

Reply to BackupAlt - Message ID#: 63240767

We meet again, Dr. Jones.
“Dopplepopolis? Is that Greek?”
Void
Shadowstaarr

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your point is that if we want to get mod attention, we should report a person multiple times?

Don't correct me.  I swear to God I'll report you.

VirusJunkie : I DONT WANT THAT MAN ON MY CO0CH!

ban dat dude!

And I can't seem to find Molly

Swimfamous
Rasputin0070

You just had to leave comments open, didn't you?

By the by, Saddy's robot bewbies are crossing my property line.

Ignorance is forgivable, but willful ignorance is not. -lowman :: Perception is a real mutha for ya. -slyfoxx2
The S.U.V. [ Sorry about the broken promise thing, but I'm evil. ]
A Brave Accomplishment for the People, Comrades.
Order of the Kitty
Saddy

Reply to Rasputin0070 - Message ID#: 63240889

yea. they are, but you know you like it so shoosh!

'cause i'm all yours if you're all mine
i'm a white wh*re driving a white bushcar bought by a black man
SwimSuperfan
anDaibhalsHusair

Reported. Take it to rants, nerd.
We would be surprised to find ourselves in a universe in which we couldn't live - Lawrence Krauss

Mistakes are some of the best things In life.
Swimfamous
Rasputin0070

Reply to Saddy - Message ID#: 63240913

Yeah, well . . .

I guess I'll just have to learn how to limbo better. 

Ignorance is forgivable, but willful ignorance is not. -lowman :: Perception is a real mutha for ya. -slyfoxx2
The S.U.V. [ Sorry about the broken promise thing, but I'm evil. ]
A Brave Accomplishment for the People, Comrades.
Swimfamous
Scrotum_Punch

This thread is such a tease!
I read all this and not even one name was dropped.

On a side note, do people really report others users? I though it was all just joking around.
“You want me to tell you what's immoral? War is immoral, poverty is immoral, racism is immoral, police brutality is immoral, oppression is immoral, genocide is immoral, imperialism is immoral! This country represents all those things!”

Gidge is my Hasselhoff.
SwimPWNED
BackupAlt

I Kudod your post because I saw other people doing it and I wanted to fit in.
SwimStar
DeathysaurusRex

So basically, what I'm hearing is that you mods are like the police, and the whiny posters are like a broken family whose wife and husband don't get along and call up the authorities each time some stuff happen. And now it's getting to the point where you just look at the number, or the report, and instantly know what's going down.
Yeah, I can see how that can get annoying.
Solution: BAN THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!
aaaaaah...WIRE!
RIP Mopey
SwimPWNED
BackupAlt

Reply to DeathysaurusRex - Message ID#: 63241021

This isn't IB...

Or the kitchen...

Shoo!
Swimmortal
valiente16

I just ignore people when they act like aholes......probably in my 8 years here I have made few reports..I dunno. I just mostly blow it off

Once upon a time in a land far away, a beautiful, independent, self-assured princess happened upon a frog as she sat contemplating ecological issues on the shores of an unpolluted pond in a verdant meadow near her castle. The frog hopped into the princess' lap and said: Elegant Lady, I was once a handsome prince, until an evil witch cast a spell upon me. One kiss from you, however, and I will turn back into the dapper young prince that I am, and then, my sweet, we can marry and set up housekeeping in your castle with my mother, where you can prepare my meals, clean my clothes, bear my children, and feel forever grateful doing so. That night, as the princess dined sumptuously on a repast of lightly sautéed frogs legs seasoned in a wine and onion cream sauce she chuckled to herself and thought: I don't f*cking think so..

Swimfamous
Scrotum_Punch

Reply to valiente16 - Message ID#: 63241079

I know for a fact that I reported only one person. Some new no-name for spamming the board.
And I'm 98% sure that I've never been reported... since I'm one of the good guys.
“You want me to tell you what's immoral? War is immoral, poverty is immoral, racism is immoral, police brutality is immoral, oppression is immoral, genocide is immoral, imperialism is immoral! This country represents all those things!”

Gidge is my Hasselhoff.
SwimPWNED
BackupAlt

Reply to valiente16 - Message ID#: 63241079

I reported you for being Grade-A wife material.

:smileywink:
Swimfamous
Llama_Fly_Aardvark

[ Edited ]

hahaha what?!?!?

it's been confirmed by mod, pod six is *actually* jerks.

you guys :smileyvery-happy:

you guys :smileysad:
I BURY THOSE COCKAROACHES.

OHOHOHOHOH YOU THINK THIS IS BABBLE INCOHERENT!! BUT THIS JUST REGULAR BABBLE!! OHOHOHOHOHO
Swimmortal
valiente16

Reply to Scrotum_Punch - Message ID#: 63241113

Scrotum_Punch wrote:
I know for a fact that I reported only one person. Some new no-name for spamming the board.
And I'm 98% sure that I've never been reported... since I'm one of the good guys.

Yeah...I report little and really do not bother people on here....I am a pretty okay chick.

Once upon a time in a land far away, a beautiful, independent, self-assured princess happened upon a frog as she sat contemplating ecological issues on the shores of an unpolluted pond in a verdant meadow near her castle. The frog hopped into the princess' lap and said: Elegant Lady, I was once a handsome prince, until an evil witch cast a spell upon me. One kiss from you, however, and I will turn back into the dapper young prince that I am, and then, my sweet, we can marry and set up housekeeping in your castle with my mother, where you can prepare my meals, clean my clothes, bear my children, and feel forever grateful doing so. That night, as the princess dined sumptuously on a repast of lightly sautéed frogs legs seasoned in a wine and onion cream sauce she chuckled to herself and thought: I don't f*cking think so..

SwimStar
DeathysaurusRex

Reply to BackupAlt - Message ID#: 63241027

OH?
*sets up camp*
aaaaaah...WIRE!
RIP Mopey
Swimmortal
valiente16

Reply to BackupAlt - Message ID#: 63241125

BackupAlt wrote:
I reported you for being Grade-A wife material.

:smileywink:

<_<   that was almost adorable...stop it