Swimmortal
westpark

GE: economic traitors....

[ Edited ]

Recall a few weeks ago I posted a thread talking about how GE(General Electric) had outsourced their entire hi-tech medical device industry to China, or were expanding it in China while laying off here or something like that.

Well -- now GE, which paid no federal taxes last year, & whose CEO is on Obama's jobs council....has teamed up with China to build airplanes. The problem is they're going to directly challenge Boeing. Airbus is a European-subsidized company that is kicking ass all over the world. And now we have to worry about this.

Don't get me wrong, I actually don't like Boeing too much but they're still an American company. I can't think of another term besides treason. Free trade is one thing but they're going to **beast** give away military secrets & high tech technology to the Chinese govt.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/ge-all-in-on-aviat
ion-deal-with-china/2011/07/17/gIQA...

http://www.economicpopulist.org/content/ge-hearts-china

I used to joke about this but I'm beginning to actually wonder - should I immigrate to China? They're cleaning us out.....

WESTPARK THE KING OF ASMB

"westpark ran a train on this thread" - Stilgar

"Every woman needs a good slap now & again." - Sir Sean Connery
SwimLegend

Re: GE: economic traitors....

Reply to westpark - Message ID#: 61450924

no need to emigrate. soon enough, we'll be a part of the prc right here.

i wonder what they will want to call us. united states of west china perhaps?

ADDITION MYFACE NUTS THE FBI COWLICKS
"Yeah, I know that but screw facts." -- FullMetal_Beauty
the world around you is not what it seems
Order of the Owl
AlastourBlaque

If it'll get you away from us, sure. 

Order of the Kitty
KnightStar

GE has been traitors for years, GE has done business with Iranian interests for the past ten or more years!

It's not a surprise they are moving everything to China and leaving us out in the cold.

The only reason China is cleaning the United States out is because we have a bunch of cowards for politicians!

I would make trade tariffs so high for Chinese goods that I would bleed every company in China dry as dust!

Then I would turn around and incentives any company that wanted to come back to the U.S and ship goods over seas with the lowest tariffs that this country has ever known.

But be damned sure I would make life shipping goods into this country hell for companies around the world and especially those countries who truly hate our guts to begin with like China.

TOMOE242004
"It is a journey into the male mind, in which I believe is really a potentially funny place cause lets face it, nothing happens there." -Andy Wilman Top Gear Producer-

"What will be will, what won't....won't." -Kamina-

"The only person that ever looked good in a four seated convertible was Adolph Hitler!" -Jeremy Clarkson-

"Ha! Sanity, what would I do with something as useless as that?" "Good thing I never had use for such a thing." -Zaraki Kenpatchi-

"I've never seen a ship like this before. It's far behind any C'tarl-C'tarl ship. It won't move unless you're naked! That's very kinky, wouldn't you say? -Aisha Clanclan-

"Well it was the least I could do for you, actually the least I could have done was run away and stick my head in a gopher hole." -Griffin Kato-

"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people." -Harry McDougal-

SwimLegend

Reply to KnightStar - Message ID#: 61451810

i heard a good analogy that explains our global economic standing.

other countries use traders and economists to handle their foreign trade agreements. we use diplomats. guess who can put together a more advantageous trade agreement?

ADDITION MYFACE NUTS THE FBI COWLICKS
"Yeah, I know that but screw facts." -- FullMetal_Beauty
the world around you is not what it seems
SwimStar

ITT: everyone is an economic traitor.

Move your company to China because regulatory costs and taxes are too high? Traitor!

Manufacture in America but don't pay your employees $25/hour plus full benefits? Traitor!

All the rabblerabble is nice and all, but the fact still remains that for the time being if you're educated you can make a great living in America far beyond the standard in China. The sad part is, no one wants an education, despite it being practically free via the government and various scholarships.

maybe that's how he got his wife :smileyvery-happy:

http://boards.adultswim.com/t5/Babbling/definition-of-rape-has-be
en-updated-by-the-U-S/m-p/63228589#M9189342

alucardsexyghost accusing me of being a rapist, and drugging my wife. Stay classy [AS]
Order of the Kitty
KnightStar

Reply to wacky1980 - Message ID#: 61451874

wacky1980 wrote:

i heard a good analogy that explains our global economic standing.

other countries use traders and economists to handle their foreign trade agreements. we use diplomats. guess who can put together a more advantageous trade agreement?

I agree with this statement to a certian point because it seems like our economists even have sh!t for grey matter, I mean look at our economy right now!

TOMOE242004
"It is a journey into the male mind, in which I believe is really a potentially funny place cause lets face it, nothing happens there." -Andy Wilman Top Gear Producer-

"The only person that ever looked good in a four seated convertible was Adolph Hitler!" -Jeremy Clarkson-

"Ha! Sanity, what would I do with something as useless as that?" "Good thing I never had use for such a thing." -Zaraki Kenpatchi-

"I've never seen a ship like this before. It's far behind any C'tarl-C'tarl ship. It won't move unless you're naked! That's very kinky, wouldn't you say? -Aisha Clanclan-

"Well it was the least I could do for you, actually the least I could have done was run away and stick my head in a gopher hole." -Griffin Kato-

Swimuminati
stilgar

Reply to Astromang - Message ID#: 61452080

tell that to all the college grads who are working low paying part time jobs making next to nothing

Just f*ck already! ~ Tristan Taylor

If someone wants to stick stuff in your poop hole and then gets mad when said poop comes out, well they're just silly...

"I do say commoner, could you drop the filth you are packing and saunter off to get me a spork, before I'm forced to feed you to my mop bucket full of piranha fish!"

Reika is my puppy. She is the most adorable puppy ever.
Roxy_da_Mistress: message received :smileywink:
4-HBabe is all mine! :smileymad:
still me is now in my sig.
LDK_SPARDA makes me blush.
GlitterCupcakes likes to feel special *feels her* Yup, she feels special.

Often I must speak other than I think. That is called diplomacy.

SwimGuardian
The-Green-Hornet

Reply to stilgar - Message ID#: 61452688

stilgar wrote:

tell that to all the college grads who are working low paying part time jobs making next to nothing

or are unemployed like me. 

μολὼν λαβέ

Swimuminati
stilgar

Reply to The-Green-Hornet - Message ID#: 61452690

The-Green-Hornet wrote:

stilgar wrote:

but according to astromang if you have an education and live in america then you must be rolling in cash

If someone wants to stick stuff in your poop hole and then gets mad when said poop comes out, well they're just silly...

"I do say commoner, could you drop the filth you are packing and saunter off to get me a spork, before I'm forced to feed you to my mop bucket full of piranha fish!"

Order of the Kitty
KnightStar

Reply to Astromang - Message ID#: 61452080

Astromang wrote:

Move your company to China because regulatory costs and taxes are too high? Traitor!

Manufacture in America but don't pay your employees $25/hour plus full benefits? Traitor!

All the rabblerabble is nice and all, but the fact still remains that for the time being if you're educated you can make a great living in America far beyond the standard in China. The sad part is, no one wants an education, despite it being practically free via the government and various scholarships.

*rolls eyes*

Do you even know that the average tuition for college is in this country?

Do you know that 11 years ago when I graduated from High School that the advice I was given was to take three years at a local Vocational College become certified as an Auto Body Tech and make more money in a year than most college graduates will ever see in the same year?

Do you also know that something on order of 2 million well educated college graduates can't find a job doing anything other than raking muck or flipping burgers right now?

One more for the road before I go from this thread, do you also know that a recent study of colleges came out recently saying that the education recieved from any given college is not worth the money you invest in it?

I can get my surface mining lisence in the span of a couple classes, jump in a Komatsu not 4 miles from my home here and be making a starting wage of $15 an hour!

If I wanted to better myself I could become a Blasting Tech at the mine and start out at $22 an hour!

Fuck college! It's not helping this country because all our high paying jobs went to China!

Yes it's the behavior of a traitor company leaving the states where competent people who's education demand a high paying job, but instead these companies go where they get ignorant people who are enslaved for mere cents on our dollar to do the job.

Blah, blah, blah! I love your Conservative attitude of as long as the product gets made who cares if it fails in the span of a week, just as long as we stay rich the people poor all is good!

TOMOE242004

Order of the Kitty
Master-Debater131

[ Edited ]

GE has to many problems to name. Least of all is that they are basically giving Obama a BJ and then turn around and stab him in the back. Obama really needs to be less friendly with GE if only to help his image. Having a massive corporation on your team while constantly blasting these corporations for not paying enough in taxes only to have GE pay zero in taxes last year is really not good for his image. Makes it look like pure crony capitalism/politics.

That said GE sees a massive weakness in Boeing, and they have one. Their Union and the NLRB is refusing to let Boing open up a new factory in South Carolina which would add anywhere between 6 and 10 thousand new jobs down there. It really is a disgrace.

With how we are supposed to be all about jobs its no wonder none are being made. When you have the constant threat of taxes and then when you actually try to expand get slapped by unions its no wonder we arent growing.

It really is a disgrace to this administration and the NLRB.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ive got a lovely bunch of coconuts

The voices in my head said I need to be nicer. What do they know anyways?
SwimStar

Reply to stilgar - Message ID#: 61452706

stilgar wrote:

The-Green-Hornet wrote:

stilgar wrote:

but according to astromang if you have an education and live in america then you must be rolling in cash

I don't mean people who majored in womens studies or English literature. I mean real degrees.

alucardsexyghost accusing me of being a rapist, and drugging my wife. Stay classy [AS]
Swimuminati
stilgar

Reply to Astromang - Message ID#: 61452942

Astromang wrote:

stilgar wrote:

The-Green-Hornet wrote:

stilgar wrote:

I don't mean people who majored in womens studies or English literature. I mean real degrees.

and there are people with "real" degrees who can't find work and the work they do find is low paying

SwimGuardian
The-Green-Hornet

Reply to Astromang - Message ID#: 61452942

i've got degrees in marketing and management. :smileyindifferent: and i can't find ANY JOB. 

μολὼν λαβέ

SwimStar

Reply to KnightStar - Message ID#: 61452714

KnightStar wrote:

Astromang wrote:

*rolls eyes*

Do you even know that the average tuition for college is in this country?

Do you know that 11 years ago when I graduated from High School that the advice I was given was to take three years at a local Vocational College become certified as an Auto Body Tech and make more money in a year than most college graduates will ever see in the same year?

Do you also know that something on order of 2 million well educated college graduates can't find a job doing anything other than raking muck or flipping burgers right now?

One more for the road before I go from this thread, do you also know that a recent study of colleges came out recently saying that the education recieved from any given college is not worth the money you invest in it?

I can get my surface mining lisence in the span of a couple classes, jump in a Komatsu not 4 miles from my home here and be making a starting wage of $15 an hour!

If I wanted to better myself I could become a Blasting Tech at the mine and start out at $22 an hour!

Fuck college! It's not helping this country because all our high paying jobs went to China!

Yes it's the behavior of a traitor company leaving the states where competent people who's education demand a high paying job, but instead these companies go where they get ignorant people who are enslaved for mere cents on our dollar to do the job.

Blah, blah, blah! I love your Conservative attitude of as long as the product gets made who cares if it fails in the span of a week, just as long as we stay rich the people poor all is good!

http://www.cnbc.com/id/43459947

All of your **beast** negated with one link. How sad.

Swimuminati
stilgar

Reply to The-Green-Hornet - Message ID#: 61452966

didn't you hear, marketing and management is a useless degree

Order of the Kitty
KnightStar

The-Green-Hornet wrote:

i've got degrees in marketing and management. :smileyindifferent: and i can't find ANY JOB. 

WTF?!

Where did this post come from!

Damned ASMB has ghosts in it!

Astromang says you don't exist!

TOMOE242004

SwimStar

The-Green-Hornet wrote:

Those don't sound math or science related.

SwimGuardian
The-Green-Hornet

Reply to stilgar - Message ID#: 61452986

well thats what i got degrees in. 

μολὼν λαβέ

SwimGuardian
The-Green-Hornet

Reply to KnightStar - Message ID#: 61452988

clearly i'm here. 

μολὼν λαβέ

Swimuminati
stilgar

Reply to The-Green-Hornet - Message ID#: 61453014

well astromang says they are useless

Order of the Kitty
KnightStar

Reply to Astromang - Message ID#: 61453004

Astromang wrote:

The-Green-Hornet wrote:

This statement is so stupid I want to have a stroke after reading it.

TOMOE242004

SwimGuardian
The-Green-Hornet

Reply to KnightStar - Message ID#: 61453054

KnightStar wrote:

Astromang wrote:

The-Green-Hornet wrote:

please do. 

μολὼν λαβέ

SwimStar

Reply to KnightStar - Message ID#: 61453054

KnightStar wrote:

Astromang wrote:

The-Green-Hornet wrote:

It's probably because you can't comprehend it.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-08-07/employers-ready-to-hire-
in-u-s-can-t-find-qualified-workers...

Another article showing you that you have no idea what you're talking about.