KittehIcon
the_shotgun_rhetoric

Re: GUN PR0N THREAD!

Reply to the_shotgun_rhetoric - Message ID#: 63960891

.30-30 Win 160gr (FTX LEVERevotion spitzer bullet)

The made-up stories are all about brilliant handsome rich suave people who almost get away with it; the real stories are about stupid, mean pigs who confess the minute they get brought into the interrogation room. Just scum killing scum, for some dumb reason or no reason at all. That’s the smell of truth. ~ Gary Brecher
KittehIcon
the_shotgun_rhetoric

Reply to the_shotgun_rhetoric - Message ID#: 63960917

12 ga 3-inch Magnum .00 buck

The made-up stories are all about brilliant handsome rich suave people who almost get away with it; the real stories are about stupid, mean pigs who confess the minute they get brought into the interrogation room. Just scum killing scum, for some dumb reason or no reason at all. That’s the smell of truth. ~ Gary Brecher
SwimGuardian
The-Green-Hornet

Reply to the_shotgun_rhetoric - Message ID#: 63948063

do not use a slug for home defense unless you live like a mile from the neighboor cause a slug will keep going through just about anything.

μολὼν λαβέ

SwimGuardian
The-Green-Hornet

Reply to The-Green-Hornet - Message ID#: 63967513

KittehIcon
the_shotgun_rhetoric

Reply to the_shotgun_rhetoric - Message ID#: 63960935

.44 Magnum 240 gr

.500 S&W 275 gr

.50GI 230 gr hollowpoint

KittehIcon
the_shotgun_rhetoric

Reply to the_shotgun_rhetoric - Message ID#: 64037567

Here's a weird one--a "duplex" cartridge (two FMJ bullets in the same cartridge). Would be vicious in an M240 for suppression and breaking cover.

7.62 x 51mm M198

SwimGuardian
The-Green-Hornet

Reply to the_shotgun_rhetoric - Message ID#: 64037583

Double barrel 1911

μολὼν λαβέ

KittehIcon
the_shotgun_rhetoric

Reply to The-Green-Hornet - Message ID#: 64037675

Haha, holy sh!t.

KittehIcon
the_shotgun_rhetoric

Reply to the_shotgun_rhetoric - Message ID#: 64038439

.357 Magnum COP derringer

The TF2 Scout's Shortstop.

KittehIcon
the_shotgun_rhetoric

Reply to the_shotgun_rhetoric - Message ID#: 55246299

Taurus Circuit Judge (.410/.45 Long Colt)

Saw one of these in a sporting goods store for $429 and am starting to rethink my No Taurus policy. This looks pretty f--king awesome and unique, not too many revolving carbines out there, I just have concerns about how reliable it would be.

Kittehmortal
westpark

Reply to the_shotgun_rhetoric - Message ID#: 64429215

the_shotgun_rhetoric wrote:

Taurus Circuit Judge (.410/.45 Long Colt)

Saw one of these in a sporting goods store for $429 and am starting to rethink my No Taurus policy. This looks pretty f--king awesome and unique, not too many revolving carbines out there, I just have concerns about how reliable it would be.

How many rounds does that beast hold?

WESTPARK THE KING OF ASMB

"westpark ran a train on this thread" - Stilgar

"Every woman needs a good slap now & again." - Sir Sean Connery
KittehIcon
the_shotgun_rhetoric

Reply to westpark - Message ID#: 64430131

Five in either .45 Long Colt and/or .410 shotgun round.

Grumpy Cat
Cepheus84

Reply to the_shotgun_rhetoric - Message ID#: 63947591

This is why you don't use a rifle as a home defense weapon, kids:

.223 Remington Triple-Shock 55 gr

.30-06 Springfield (Remington Accelerator) 55 gr

.308 Winchester 150 gr softpoint (yes, that is the gel going airborne)

Wow, I really would not have guessed a .22 would have that kind of power.

Also, why not a rifle?  It's going to blow away whatever you aim at.  The only real problem of a rifle is maneuverability in the tighter confines of a house.

Quit talking about math. This thread is about wanting to be raped.
-lunarnoodle
Grumpy Cat
Cepheus84

Reply to the_shotgun_rhetoric - Message ID#: 63948151

That's odd, aren't hollowpoints supposed to expand?
-lunarnoodle
Grumpy Cat
Cepheus84

I have a coworker who keeps on raving about the Judge. My in-laws in Alabama are also big fans as well.

Just not that into contemporary guns, though...
-lunarnoodle
KittehIcon
the_shotgun_rhetoric

[ Edited ]

Reply to Cepheus84 - Message ID#: 64430401

Cepheus84 wrote:

This is why you don't use a rifle as a home defense weapon, kids:

.223 Remington Triple-Shock 55 gr

.30-06 Springfield (Remington Accelerator) 55 gr

.308 Winchester 150 gr softpoint (yes, that is the gel going airborne)

Wow, I really would not have guessed a .22 would have that kind of power.

Also, why not a rifle?  It's going to blow away whatever you aim at.  The only real problem of a rifle is maneuverability in the tighter confines of a house.

It's not a .22LR or another rimfire round. .223 Remington is centerfire and is designed to kill things bigger than a squirrel, almost same exact round as 5.56 NATO in fact. They have more power at 100 yards than .357 Mag has at the muzzle.

That's the exact reason you don't want most rifles indoors, it'll almost certainly kill anything you hit but they will also kill whoever's in the room behind the target. Too much power. And you can't trust anything smaller than, say, .223 to reliably put down a person. At least a 12 or 20 gauge firing .00 greatly increases the odds of killing whatever you're aiming at in close quarters.

KittehIcon
the_shotgun_rhetoric

Reply to Cepheus84 - Message ID#: 64430427

Cepheus84 wrote:
That's odd, aren't hollowpoints supposed to expand?

Yes. If it had, it would've done a bunch more damage than that along with not going through the gel.

KittehIcon
the_shotgun_rhetoric

S&W 500 Magnum

Dunno how I feel about a ridiculously oversized/overpowered revolver like this, but I do know that it makes a way more badass watermelon smasher than Gallagher. Funnier too.

Kittehmortal
westpark

Reply to the_shotgun_rhetoric - Message ID#: 64038631

.357 Magnum COP derringer

The TF2 Scout's Shortstop.

What exactly is the point of a derringer? They run out of bullets too quick. If ppl are worried about jamming I'd rather just get a .357 6 shooter revolver. @ least then u have more bullets to fire if u find urself in a jackpot.

Kittehmortal
westpark

Reply to the_shotgun_rhetoric - Message ID#: 64435091

S&W 500 Magnum

Dunno how I feel about a ridiculously oversized/overpowered revolver like this, but I do know that it makes a way more badass watermelon smasher than Gallagher. Funnier too.

lol @ Gallagher.

What's ur opinion on the Savage 1907? Its probably the only older gun that I'm interested in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDXtX_BJY_Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it6RlTUjUKI

KittehIcon
the_shotgun_rhetoric

[ Edited ]

Reply to westpark - Message ID#: 64438301

A derringer is a lot more concealable than a revolver of the same caliber. They're really meant to be last-ditch or CCW guns, anyway.

KittehIcon
the_shotgun_rhetoric

Reply to westpark - Message ID#: 64438415

westpark wrote:

What's ur opinion on the Savage 1907? Its probably the only older gun that I'm interested in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDXtX_BJY_Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it6RlTUjUKI

Don't know much other than old, expensive, and rare. Also lost to the Colt/Springfield M1911 in performance trials for the US Army prior to WWI. Looks interesting though.

Kittehmortal
westpark

Reply to the_shotgun_rhetoric - Message ID#: 64441159

A derringer is a lot more concealable than a revolver of the same size. They're really meant to be last-ditch or CCW guns, anyway.

But unless ur a criminal why would u want ppl not to see it? I'd like to see some criminal see me packing. That way the guy will think twice about messing with me.

KittehIcon
the_shotgun_rhetoric

Reply to westpark - Message ID#: 64442653

If the point of owning a firearm to you is to be all Zeni about it, you probably shouldn't have one.

Kittehmortal
westpark

Reply to the_shotgun_rhetoric - Message ID#: 64442847

I'm not trying to show off, I just want them to know I"m packing in case they try to start ####. I have 2 firearms right now, used to have more. But I only use them in case somebody breaks in.