Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Serf
MackenCheez
Posts: 1,306
Registered: ‎02-16-2012

Re: Gas prices on the way up again....

Reply to Zaphod_209 - Message ID#: 63769467

MANY PEOPLE

HAD NO CHOICE

BUT TO OWN A VEHICLE

 

WITH BAD FUEL EFFICIENCY

THIS IS NOT HARD TO GRASP. WHY AREN'T YOU GRASPING IT?

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Scaredy Cat
Pero8P
Posts: 4,201
Registered: ‎06-14-2006
0

Re: Gas prices on the way up again....

Reply to westpark - Message ID#: 63739751

do you know the exact price that causes total societal collapse? Because to make the assertion that at $5 we all die, I would presume you're using some complex cost equation to predict investment rates, trade, GDP, etc at a certain price of gas.
"Fear me - Pero8P
Freinds: abby_dooby cereal my gramma markoff_cheney evilknome ryan_plays_flok
Scaredy Cat
Zaphod_209
Posts: 6,833
Registered: ‎07-29-2006
0

Re: Gas prices on the way up again....

Reply to MackenCheez - Message ID#: 63769509

I refuse to believe that.

 

With the wide-wide range of used cars availabie, they had a choise to buy a car with good or at least "meh" fuel efficiency. 

Dude, that was my heat sink.
Now where am I gonna sink my heat?
Serf
MackenCheez
Posts: 1,306
Registered: ‎02-16-2012
0

Re: Gas prices on the way up again....

Reply to Zaphod_209 - Message ID#: 63769569

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY

Enjoy your middle class paradise

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Scaredy Cat
Zaphod_209
Posts: 6,833
Registered: ‎07-29-2006
0

Re: Gas prices on the way up again....

Reply to MackenCheez - Message ID#: 63769597

Don't get of the subject.

 

Posting in ALL CAPS or links to silly youtube videos changes nothing and does nothing for your argument.

 

I know many people who drive cars that get good gas mileage.  Sone are rich, some are poor. 

 

My boss, a rich man from Japan, drives a 2010 Prius.

 

My co-worker, a poor woman from Detroit, drives a '94 Civic coupe.

 

My neighbor, a poor woman from North Carolina, drives a '03 Saturn L200.

 

For the record, I, a middle class man from Georgia, drive a '01 Mazda Protege.

 

All of these people had a choice, and they made the right one.

Dude, that was my heat sink.
Now where am I gonna sink my heat?
Serf
MackenCheez
Posts: 1,306
Registered: ‎02-16-2012
0

Re: Gas prices on the way up again....

Reply to Zaphod_209 - Message ID#: 63769681

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIgfiSzCy1o

See, you're so wrong, I don't care enough to actually rebutt your arguments. It's not that I can't, I just don't need to. Anyone with a handful of common sense knows you're talking out your ass. Anecdotal evidence is not evidence.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Scaredy Cat
Posts: 6,180
Registered: ‎02-17-2010

Re: Gas prices on the way up again....

Reply to rotanalebor - Message ID#: 63752965


rotanalebor wrote:
New drilling wouldn't actually do much to affect prices oil prices in the short or long term because the amount that could actually be extracted each day would be a tiny fraction of the world market. And since oil is a fungible commodity, if OPEC wants to keep prices high they'll just choke back on their production to counteract whatever additional oil we produce.

To the same point, the Keystone would bring in approximately 800,000 barrels per day. Global oil production consists of 87,500,000 barrels per day. So Keystone would increase global supply by 0.9%. If we assume a proportional reduction in the price of gas, that would be -$0.03 per gallon at $3.50 a gallon.

Better than nothing, sure, but it would come nowhere close to turning the overall tide of rising oil prices.

Assuming the oil refined by Keystone goes into the global market. North Dakota is also producing tons of oil and tons of jobs, but we shouldn't drill here should we? I mean, who wants cheaper fuel and a lot of high paying jobs?

maybe that's how he got his wife :smileyvery-happy:

http://boards.adultswim.com/t5/Babbling/definition-of-rape-has-be
en-updated-by-the-U-S/m-p/63228589#M9189342

alucardsexyghost accusing me of being a rapist, and drugging my wife. Stay classy [AS]
Serf
MackenCheez
Posts: 1,306
Registered: ‎02-16-2012
0

Re: Gas prices on the way up again....

Reply to Astromang - Message ID#: 63769789


Astromang wrote:

rotanalebor wrote:
New drilling wouldn't actually do much to affect prices oil prices in the short or long term because the amount that could actually be extracted each day would be a tiny fraction of the world market. And since oil is a fungible commodity, if OPEC wants to keep prices high they'll just choke back on their production to counteract whatever additional oil we produce.

To the same point, the Keystone would bring in approximately 800,000 barrels per day. Global oil production consists of 87,500,000 barrels per day. So Keystone would increase global supply by 0.9%. If we assume a proportional reduction in the price of gas, that would be -$0.03 per gallon at $3.50 a gallon.

Better than nothing, sure, but it would come nowhere close to turning the overall tide of rising oil prices.

Assuming the oil refined by Keystone goes into the global market. North Dakota is also producing tons of oil and tons of jobs, but we shouldn't drill here should we? I mean, who wants cheaper fuel and a lot of high paying jobs?


But the Mexicans and teen moms will take all the jobs

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Creepy Doll
valiente16
Posts: 49,932
Registered: ‎10-08-2003
0

Re: Gas prices on the way up again....

Reply to Tempty_McHotstuff - Message ID#: 63739789


Tempty_McHotstuff wrote:

i couldn't imagine paying 5 dollars a gallon.

 

life decisions...

 

i would go find a clip of kat williams, but i don't feel like it.


there ya go

Once upon a time in a land far away, a beautiful, independent, self-assured princess happened upon a frog as she sat contemplating ecological issues on the shores of an unpolluted pond in a verdant meadow near her castle. The frog hopped into the princess' lap and said: Elegant Lady, I was once a handsome prince, until an evil witch cast a spell upon me. One kiss from you, however, and I will turn back into the dapper young prince that I am, and then, my sweet, we can marry and set up housekeeping in your castle with my mother, where you can prepare my meals, clean my clothes, bear my children, and feel forever grateful doing so. That night, as the princess dined sumptuously on a repast of lightly sautéed frogs legs seasoned in a wine and onion cream sauce she chuckled to herself and thought: I don't f*cking think so..

Ghost Doge
TVs_Frank
Posts: 15,237
Registered: ‎12-04-2003

Re: Gas prices on the way up again....

Reply to Gaius_Sextus - Message ID#: 63743241


Gaius_Sextus wrote:

westpark wrote:

http://www.mcall.com/business/mc-gas-prices-20120214,0,2776477.st
ory?track=rss

 

 

Remember that prediction from last yr about 5 buck a gallon this year....yep, probably gonna happen.



http://current.com/shows/the-young-turks/videos/blame-oil-specula
tion-by-big-banks-for-rising-gas-pr...


Wow, I love how the idiot reveals his bias immediately.

 

Speculation has been the cause for YEARS now.  This is no great revelation, and in no way is it some stupid conservative plot.  It was a joint effort from Republicans and Democrats to allow special waivers for those big guys to speculate.  So, if it was all the evil Republicans sole fault, why when the Democrats had complete control did they not take away the special waivers?  Because most Americans won't begin to comprehend speculation so they can safely continue to take their kickbacks without fear of getting voted out over it.

 

In fact, this special waiver #### started with agriculture, so your rising food prices are to blame for it too, not just the price of gas (oh, and those ridiculously stupid corn subsidies).

 

The ball started rolling well before Bush Part Deux got into office.

Close Personal Friend Of Al
Scaredy Cat
Gaius_Sextus
Posts: 8,817
Registered: ‎07-16-2009
0

Re: Gas prices on the way up again....

Reply to Astromang - Message ID#: 63769789


Astromang wrote:

rotanalebor wrote:
New drilling wouldn't actually do much to affect prices oil prices in the short or long term because the amount that could actually be extracted each day would be a tiny fraction of the world market. And since oil is a fungible commodity, if OPEC wants to keep prices high they'll just choke back on their production to counteract whatever additional oil we produce.

To the same point, the Keystone would bring in approximately 800,000 barrels per day. Global oil production consists of 87,500,000 barrels per day. So Keystone would increase global supply by 0.9%. If we assume a proportional reduction in the price of gas, that would be -$0.03 per gallon at $3.50 a gallon.

Better than nothing, sure, but it would come nowhere close to turning the overall tide of rising oil prices.

Assuming the oil refined by Keystone goes into the global market. North Dakota is also producing tons of oil and tons of jobs, but we shouldn't drill here should we? I mean, who wants cheaper fuel and a lot of high paying jobs?


And what about the speculators? What's to keep one from, say, buy up oil cheap, filling up four supertankers and sending them off-shore, and waiting until prices have gone up to bring the tankers back and sell the oil at a profit?

http://www.visembryo.com/

Good men don't need rules. Now is not the time to find out why I have so many.

"Holy Sh!t, Hellhounds!"
"Harry, you know I don't like it when you swear."
"Oh, sorry. I forgot. Holy Sh!t, Heckhounds!"
Scaredy Cat
Posts: 6,180
Registered: ‎02-17-2010
0

Re: Gas prices on the way up again....

Reply to Saddy - Message ID#: 63752715


Saddy wrote:

Zaphod_209 wrote:

"WAAAHHH............... Gaz iz twoo expensve!  I can't afford to fill up my tank."

 

That's because you bought the wrong car, dumbass!




not everyone can afford to buy a hybrid and not everyone can get by with a tiny little car. so shoosh.

You're right, hybrids aren't an economical vehicle even with gas prices being so high. However, to your other point that not everyone can bet by on a tiny car is bunk. Sure, it may be more spacious and have more amenities that you like, but in the end a four door sedan does the same for you as a Tahoe. Unless you're like the Dougers (oh however you spell it) you don't need that Impala or Escort.

 

Now I'm not saying you shouldn't have it, but when it comes down to price you don't really get to ####. You chose your automobile knowing it was a gas guzzler, now live with that choice. Me? I'll by getting 42 mpg city in my Corola until they make an economically viable electric car. Deal with it.

maybe that's how he got his wife :smileyvery-happy:

http://boards.adultswim.com/t5/Babbling/definition-of-rape-has-be
en-updated-by-the-U-S/m-p/63228589#M9189342

alucardsexyghost accusing me of being a rapist, and drugging my wife. Stay classy [AS]
Scaredy Cat
Zaphod_209
Posts: 6,833
Registered: ‎07-29-2006
0

Re: Gas prices on the way up again....

Reply to MackenCheez - Message ID#: 63769737

You're right. Anectodotal evidence does nothing, but I don't thin you can actually rebutt my argunet.

 

Anyone with a handfull of common sense should have been able to see what was coming.

Dude, that was my heat sink.
Now where am I gonna sink my heat?
Scaredy Cat
Posts: 6,180
Registered: ‎02-17-2010
0

Re: Gas prices on the way up again....

Reply to Gaius_Sextus - Message ID#: 63769835


Gaius_Sextus wrote:

Astromang wrote:

rotanalebor wrote:
New drilling wouldn't actually do much to affect prices oil prices in the short or long term because the amount that could actually be extracted each day would be a tiny fraction of the world market. And since oil is a fungible commodity, if OPEC wants to keep prices high they'll just choke back on their production to counteract whatever additional oil we produce.

To the same point, the Keystone would bring in approximately 800,000 barrels per day. Global oil production consists of 87,500,000 barrels per day. So Keystone would increase global supply by 0.9%. If we assume a proportional reduction in the price of gas, that would be -$0.03 per gallon at $3.50 a gallon.

Better than nothing, sure, but it would come nowhere close to turning the overall tide of rising oil prices.

Assuming the oil refined by Keystone goes into the global market. North Dakota is also producing tons of oil and tons of jobs, but we shouldn't drill here should we? I mean, who wants cheaper fuel and a lot of high paying jobs?


And what about the speculators? What's to keep one from, say, buy up oil cheap, filling up four supertankers and sending them off-shore, and waiting until prices have gone up to bring the tankers back and sell the oil at a profit?


First, I didn't address the topic of speculators. Second, your scenario is not how commodities trading works.

maybe that's how he got his wife :smileyvery-happy:

http://boards.adultswim.com/t5/Babbling/definition-of-rape-has-be
en-updated-by-the-U-S/m-p/63228589#M9189342

alucardsexyghost accusing me of being a rapist, and drugging my wife. Stay classy [AS]
Scaredy Cat
Gaius_Sextus
Posts: 8,817
Registered: ‎07-16-2009
0

Re: Gas prices on the way up again....

Reply to Astromang - Message ID#: 63769879


Astromang wrote:

Gaius_Sextus wrote:

Astromang wrote:

rotanalebor wrote:
New drilling wouldn't actually do much to affect prices oil prices in the short or long term because the amount that could actually be extracted each day would be a tiny fraction of the world market. And since oil is a fungible commodity, if OPEC wants to keep prices high they'll just choke back on their production to counteract whatever additional oil we produce.

To the same point, the Keystone would bring in approximately 800,000 barrels per day. Global oil production consists of 87,500,000 barrels per day. So Keystone would increase global supply by 0.9%. If we assume a proportional reduction in the price of gas, that would be -$0.03 per gallon at $3.50 a gallon.

Better than nothing, sure, but it would come nowhere close to turning the overall tide of rising oil prices.

Assuming the oil refined by Keystone goes into the global market. North Dakota is also producing tons of oil and tons of jobs, but we shouldn't drill here should we? I mean, who wants cheaper fuel and a lot of high paying jobs?


And what about the speculators? What's to keep one from, say, buy up oil cheap, filling up four supertankers and sending them off-shore, and waiting until prices have gone up to bring the tankers back and sell the oil at a profit?


First, I didn't address the topic of speculators. Second, your scenario is not how commodities trading works.


My scenario?:smileyvery-happy: Oh my dear Astro, that's not anyone's "scenario", it actually happened. Not that you would know, ignoring links the way you do . . . . .

 

And again, supply and demand isn't what's driving up gas prices. Getting more oil from drilling and oil-sands will not help one whit.

http://www.visembryo.com/

Good men don't need rules. Now is not the time to find out why I have so many.

"Holy Sh!t, Hellhounds!"
"Harry, you know I don't like it when you swear."
"Oh, sorry. I forgot. Holy Sh!t, Heckhounds!"
Serf
MackenCheez
Posts: 1,306
Registered: ‎02-16-2012
0

Re: Gas prices on the way up again....

Reply to Astromang - Message ID#: 63769847


Astromang wrote:

Saddy wrote:

Zaphod_209 wrote:

"WAAAHHH............... Gaz iz twoo expensve!  I can't afford to fill up my tank."

 

That's because you bought the wrong car, dumbass!




not everyone can afford to buy a hybrid and not everyone can get by with a tiny little car. so shoosh.

You're right, hybrids aren't an economical vehicle even with gas prices being so high. However, to your other point that not everyone can bet by on a tiny car is bunk. Sure, it may be more spacious and have more amenities that you like, but in the end a four door sedan does the same for you as a Tahoe. Unless you're like the Dougers (oh however you spell it) you don't need that Impala or Escort.

 

Now I'm not saying you shouldn't have it, but when it comes down to price you don't really get to ####. You chose your automobile knowing it was a gas guzzler, now live with that choice. Me? I'll by getting 42 mpg city in my Corola until they make an economically viable electric car. Deal with it.


Just as an experiment, I checked Crraigslist in a random area to see what I could find. Put a max price at a grand because half the country doesn't even make enough to pay taxes and that's about a month's salary. Best I found was an old Acura with a measely 20 highway mpg. This and worse is what a good half of the country is stuck with. Deal with it.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Scaredy Cat
Posts: 6,180
Registered: ‎02-17-2010
0

Re: Gas prices on the way up again....

Reply to Gaius_Sextus - Message ID#: 63769965


Gaius_Sextus wrote:

Astromang wrote:

Gaius_Sextus wrote:

Astromang wrote:

rotanalebor wrote:
New drilling wouldn't actually do much to affect prices oil prices in the short or long term because the amount that could actually be extracted each day would be a tiny fraction of the world market. And since oil is a fungible commodity, if OPEC wants to keep prices high they'll just choke back on their production to counteract whatever additional oil we produce.

To the same point, the Keystone would bring in approximately 800,000 barrels per day. Global oil production consists of 87,500,000 barrels per day. So Keystone would increase global supply by 0.9%. If we assume a proportional reduction in the price of gas, that would be -$0.03 per gallon at $3.50 a gallon.

Better than nothing, sure, but it would come nowhere close to turning the overall tide of rising oil prices.

Assuming the oil refined by Keystone goes into the global market. North Dakota is also producing tons of oil and tons of jobs, but we shouldn't drill here should we? I mean, who wants cheaper fuel and a lot of high paying jobs?


And what about the speculators? What's to keep one from, say, buy up oil cheap, filling up four supertankers and sending them off-shore, and waiting until prices have gone up to bring the tankers back and sell the oil at a profit?


First, I didn't address the topic of speculators. Second, your scenario is not how commodities trading works.


My scenario?:smileyvery-happy: Oh my dear Astro, that's not anyone's "scenario", it actually happened. Not that you would know, ignoring links the way you do . . . . .

 

And again, supply and demand isn't what's driving up gas prices. Getting more oil from drilling and oil-sands will not help one whit.


http://www.investorplace.com/2011/01/5-dollar-gas-prices-crude-oi
l-gasoline/

 

OPEC Wants Expensive Oil: The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, or OPEC, has made it clear that $100 oil isn’t a sign of alarm but rather a decent equilibrium. The group has gone on the record saying oil prices above $100 a barrel are no reason for an emergency session. “If oil prices increase to $100 or more, it is not worrying and does not justify holding an extraordinary meeting by OPEC,” Iranian oil minister Masoud Mirkazemi was quoted as saying by the ministry’s news agency Shana. Is not worrying to whom, Mr. Mirkazemi? I think motorists and crude-dependent industries would have a different point of view.

 

Supply Problems Becoming Common: Just this week, we learned the Trans Alaska Pipeline network is suffering continuous pumping and leaking problems, raising concerns about tightening global oil supply. According to reports, owners BP plc (NYSE: BP), ConocoPhillips (NYSE: COP) and Exxon Mobil (NYSE: XOM) at one point slashed output by 95% this week. That adds up to 600,000 barrels a day lost – and despite reports of progress, the pipeline is yet to return to full capacity as of this writing. At the same time, U.S. commercial oil supplies fell 1.2% to 335.3 million barrels last week. And as commodity expert George Kleinman wrote recently, the EIA Energy Stocks Report shows a steady downward spiral in the amount of crude oil currently on hand. Coupled with news from OPEC countries like Iran and Kuwait will keep output constant, we are up against a supply shortfall in the months ahead.

 

A Healthier Economy Means More Demand: The biggest problem with $4 gas in 2008 was that it coincided with the beginnings of a recession in the U.S. as the mortgage crisis took hold. As the American economy shut down, we saw oil peak at a whopping $147.27 before flopping to $40 a barrel in early 2009. The double edged sword of economic recovery this time around is that sustained spending will add up to sustained oil prices. The bottom won’t be as likely to drop out since the economy is in much better share in the first quarter of 2011 (and beyond) than it was in the first quarter of 2009 after the mayhem of the financial crisis and the failure of GM, AIG, Lehman and others. There will of course be a tipping point, but judging from the stock market’s surge alongside oil in the last several months, we are not near that point yet.

 

Inflation Continues to Rear Ugly Head: Another weak, and another warning of runaway inflation in the works. Leading central bankers warned again Monday of resurgent inflation in fast-growing emerging economies and warned rising food and energy prices could spread to Europe and North America. Euro zone inflation rose above central bank targets in December, and UK inflation unexpectedly hit a 6-month high. If the steady drumbeat of inflation news continues we can expect the recent surge of crude oil prices (15% in 3 months) to continue.

 

 

Pretty much everything you know is wrong. Inflation is probably the biggest factor in all of this, but knowing your love of the government and everything it does you probably don't mind falling all over the federal reserve ####.

maybe that's how he got his wife :smileyvery-happy:

http://boards.adultswim.com/t5/Babbling/definition-of-rape-has-be
en-updated-by-the-U-S/m-p/63228589#M9189342

alucardsexyghost accusing me of being a rapist, and drugging my wife. Stay classy [AS]
Scaredy Cat
Posts: 6,180
Registered: ‎02-17-2010
0

Re: Gas prices on the way up again....

Reply to MackenCheez - Message ID#: 63770001


MackenCheez wrote:

Astromang wrote:

Saddy wrote:

Zaphod_209 wrote:

"WAAAHHH............... Gaz iz twoo expensve!  I can't afford to fill up my tank."

 

That's because you bought the wrong car, dumbass!




not everyone can afford to buy a hybrid and not everyone can get by with a tiny little car. so shoosh.

You're right, hybrids aren't an economical vehicle even with gas prices being so high. However, to your other point that not everyone can bet by on a tiny car is bunk. Sure, it may be more spacious and have more amenities that you like, but in the end a four door sedan does the same for you as a Tahoe. Unless you're like the Dougers (oh however you spell it) you don't need that Impala or Escort.

 

Now I'm not saying you shouldn't have it, but when it comes down to price you don't really get to ####. You chose your automobile knowing it was a gas guzzler, now live with that choice. Me? I'll by getting 42 mpg city in my Corola until they make an economically viable electric car. Deal with it.


Just as an experiment, I checked Crraigslist in a random area to see what I could find. Put a max price at a grand because half the country doesn't even make enough to pay taxes and that's about a month's salary. Best I found was an old Acura with a measely 20 highway mpg. This and worse is what a good half of the country is stuck with. Deal with it.


If you want to complain about the lack of used cars on the market talk to Obama and the Democrat congress that passed cash for clunkers. It took thousands of fuel efficient cars off the market thus driving up used car prices.

maybe that's how he got his wife :smileyvery-happy:

http://boards.adultswim.com/t5/Babbling/definition-of-rape-has-be
en-updated-by-the-U-S/m-p/63228589#M9189342

alucardsexyghost accusing me of being a rapist, and drugging my wife. Stay classy [AS]
Scaredy Cat
Zaphod_209
Posts: 6,833
Registered: ‎07-29-2006
0

Re: Gas prices on the way up again....

Reply to MackenCheez - Message ID#: 63770001

How do you not have enough money to pay taxes?  Aren't taxes based on income?  I know there's property taxes, but if you can't pay your property tax, it means that you're likely un-employed and you've got bigger problems than taxes.

 

My point wan't about not being able to buy someing new.  My point was that these people created their own problem when they chose a gas-guzzler over something more reasonable.

Dude, that was my heat sink.
Now where am I gonna sink my heat?
Scaredy Cat
Gaius_Sextus
Posts: 8,817
Registered: ‎07-16-2009
0

Re: Gas prices on the way up again....

Reply to Zaphod_209 - Message ID#: 63770133


Zaphod_209 wrote:

How do you not have enough money to pay taxes?  Aren't taxes based on income?  I know there's property taxes, but if you can't pay your property tax, it means that you're likely un-employed and you've got bigger problems than taxes.

 

My point wan't about not being able to buy someing new.  My point was that these people created their own problem when they chose a gas-guzzler over something more reasonable.


"When they chose something they could affford instead of something with more reasonable gas mileage" is what you meant, right?

http://www.visembryo.com/

Good men don't need rules. Now is not the time to find out why I have so many.

"Holy Sh!t, Hellhounds!"
"Harry, you know I don't like it when you swear."
"Oh, sorry. I forgot. Holy Sh!t, Heckhounds!"
Scaredy Cat
Posts: 6,180
Registered: ‎02-17-2010
0

Re: Gas prices on the way up again....

Reply to Gaius_Sextus - Message ID#: 63770205


Gaius_Sextus wrote:

Zaphod_209 wrote:

How do you not have enough money to pay taxes?  Aren't taxes based on income?  I know there's property taxes, but if you can't pay your property tax, it means that you're likely un-employed and you've got bigger problems than taxes.

 

My point wan't about not being able to buy someing new.  My point was that these people created their own problem when they chose a gas-guzzler over something more reasonable.


"When they chose something they could affford instead of something with more reasonable gas mileage" is what you meant, right?



This is a ridiculous claim, more often than not cars with better fuel efficiency cost LESS than those with lower fuel efficiency.

maybe that's how he got his wife :smileyvery-happy:

http://boards.adultswim.com/t5/Babbling/definition-of-rape-has-be
en-updated-by-the-U-S/m-p/63228589#M9189342

alucardsexyghost accusing me of being a rapist, and drugging my wife. Stay classy [AS]
Scaredy Cat
Zaphod_209
Posts: 6,833
Registered: ‎07-29-2006
0

Re: Gas prices on the way up again....

Reply to Gaius_Sextus - Message ID#: 63770205

No.

 

There were and are plenty of used Accords, Civics, Focuses (or is if Foci?) and whatnot on the market.

Dude, that was my heat sink.
Now where am I gonna sink my heat?
Scaredy Cat
Gaius_Sextus
Posts: 8,817
Registered: ‎07-16-2009
0

Re: Gas prices on the way up again....

Reply to Astromang - Message ID#: 63770231


Astromang wrote:

Gaius_Sextus wrote:

Zaphod_209 wrote:

How do you not have enough money to pay taxes?  Aren't taxes based on income?  I know there's property taxes, but if you can't pay your property tax, it means that you're likely un-employed and you've got bigger problems than taxes.

 

My point wan't about not being able to buy someing new.  My point was that these people created their own problem when they chose a gas-guzzler over something more reasonable.


"When they chose something they could affford instead of something with more reasonable gas mileage" is what you meant, right?


This is a ridiculous claim, more often than not cars with better fuel efficiency cost LESS than those with lower fuel efficiency.


Sez you.

http://www.visembryo.com/

Good men don't need rules. Now is not the time to find out why I have so many.

"Holy Sh!t, Hellhounds!"
"Harry, you know I don't like it when you swear."
"Oh, sorry. I forgot. Holy Sh!t, Heckhounds!"
Scaredy Cat
Gaius_Sextus
Posts: 8,817
Registered: ‎07-16-2009
0

Re: Gas prices on the way up again....

Reply to Zaphod_209 - Message ID#: 63770239


Zaphod_209 wrote:

No.

 

There were and are plenty of used Accords, Civics, Focuses (or is if Foci?) and whatnot on the market.


Just because they're out there doesn't mean some people can afford them. Seriously, how #### hard is that for you and Astro to understand? When you don't have much money, but you need a car to get to work, you don't always have the privlige to buy what's better out there. You have to settle for what you can afford, good gas mileage or no.

http://www.visembryo.com/

Good men don't need rules. Now is not the time to find out why I have so many.

"Holy Sh!t, Hellhounds!"
"Harry, you know I don't like it when you swear."
"Oh, sorry. I forgot. Holy Sh!t, Heckhounds!"
Ghost Doge
TVs_Frank
Posts: 15,237
Registered: ‎12-04-2003
0

Re: Gas prices on the way up again....

[ Edited ]

Reply to Gaius_Sextus - Message ID#: 63770259

Fuel efficient cars tend to be smaller. Smaller cars require less material.

I mean, if you're gonna call him out on something, at least call him out on something that that makes sense to.

Yes, hybrids cost more, but that's because they have a crapload of expensive batteries in them. Filter out hybrids and the fuel efficient cars tend to be cheapest new.

 

Used cars, RIGHT NOW, tend towards the more fuel efficient cars being more expensive than usual due to supply and demand if for no other reason than so many people wanting to sell their SUV killed used SUV prices.

Close Personal Friend Of Al