Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
SwimLegend
Ebon
Posts: 20,390
Registered: ‎08-27-2003
0

Re: Hello...its been awhile

Reply to Kuge - Message ID#: 49658534

A 20 day head start. Ho hum.
SwimNerd
Kuge
Posts: 480
Registered: ‎08-07-2003
0

Re: Hello...its been awhile

Reply to Ebon - Message ID#: 49658597

Bow to me!!! muwahah

~~Cigarettes killed my father...And raped my mother~~
SwimStar
LenBowRez
Posts: 4,704
Registered: ‎09-20-2003
0

Re: Hello...its been awhile

Reply to Kuge - Message ID#: 49666416

Hello. . . it's me.
"An elbow launcher in every hand, a safer future for every man"
"You shouldn't let poets lie to you." -Bjork
"Losing weight is temporary. Bacon is forever." - Anthrax85
"Dolphins are exactly what Zeni's looking for: wet, want to screw a lot, and don't much feel like talking to him." TVs_Frank
SwimSuperfan
goku4u
Posts: 3,499
Registered: ‎07-21-2004
0

Re: Hello...its been awhile

Reply to Kuge - Message ID#: 49666416

necromancer
SIGNATURE
Order of the Kitty
tsar4
Posts: 56,181
Registered: ‎01-11-2004
0
SwimNerd
Fat_Granny
Posts: 450
Registered: ‎03-22-2007
0

Re: Hello...its been awhile

Reply to Kuge - Message ID#: 49666416

wow... how is this thread still existent? i feel like i know you so well by the 3 updates you have given me in this thread.
Nobody's Perfect, well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.
SwimFan
AubOrange
Posts: 831
Registered: ‎04-26-2009
0

Re: Hello...its been awhile

Reply to Kuge - Message ID#: 49658497


Kuge wrote:

 

Odd thing after I bumped the topic in 07, I broke things off with my girlfriend...she took it hard.

 


It... It wasn't related to the 07 bump, was it?

 

And no.

 

AubOrange ..............."Did you ever consider that perhaps you're not attracting men who are touching themselves, but rather
[AKA: Jex3491] ............you're purposely placing yourself in places where the touching was already in progress?" - Ebon / Shadowstaarr
SwimNerd
Kuge
Posts: 480
Registered: ‎08-07-2003
0

Re: Hello...its been awhile

[ Edited ]

Reply to AubOrange - Message ID#: 49672740


AubOrange wrote: It... It wasn't
related to the 07 bump, was it?

 

And no.

 


 

Actually, after I posted the 07 bump I looked at my life and decided I should settle down.  Then as I looked at that I looked at engagement rings.  Before I bought the engagement ring I actually thought about where I was in life (Age, Aspirations, Where I am and how do I get to be where I want in life) and I asked myself if this was the right decision and asked myself if I really loved her.  I thought about this for over a couple of months and I knew I would be marrying her for the wrong reasons.  She was my first girlfriend at the time and I had become very unhappy with who I was.  I knew I was  only with her because I believed that I wouldn't be able to find another girlfriend and that our relationship was based on fear of being alone and not actual love.  I broke things off with her and didn't talk to her for over a year.  I dropped a lot of weight and shaved my hippie hair and became part of society again.  The next time I saw her, her boyfriend (rebound?) cheated on her and she found out because the girl who he cheated on got pregnant.  We talked for a long time as she cried...here we were, over a year later and I was getting over her living my life a changed man, and she was still the cute sheltered girl with fairy tale dreams and reluctantly avoided the reality that is life.  I told her to leave him (she was debating on moving out her stuff from their apartment) and just be single for awhile do whatever the hell she wanted...she didn't need to be with a guy all the time to live her life.  After awhile before I said my goodbye to her and perhaps talk again as friends, she took it upon herself invite me to watch a movie with her.  

 

Time stood still at that very moment.  When I broke up with her originally, my whole life changed.  I had no friends in college (except probably 2-3 people who I met when I played poker...yeah...no social skills cause I spent all my time with her) and I was away from my home town where my friends growing up came.  I was overweight, had hippy hair, just a mess to look at.  I was praying to god everynight that I made the right decision breaking up with her.  It hurt, it hurt a lot.  I dedicated all my time to working out and to get back in shape.  I read forums/guides on how to meet people and to become more social.  I starting talking to people more in class, and outside of class.  I wanted to do standup and pursue that and when I performed...I bombed but I was very glad I did something I wanted to do.  I became a man on a mission to improve my life in all aspects.  It turns out that I am actually a decent (dare I say good?) looking guy when I am not overweight and very friendly cause I like to joke.  My friend network grew in my final semester of college as I invited new friends to do things with me and then I would get invites to do things with them.   I did all of this just so I didn't have to think about being alone/missing my ex/wondering if it was the right choice.

 

I knew that when she asked me this particular question, I told myself; "Kuge, you know that she still has feelings for you and wants you back.  If you take her back...everything you have worked for to improve yourself will come to a halt.  She is the same person as before and you...are a different person now.  You know if you come back to her you will probably end up changing back to your old self, and even if you don't change she probably will just be unhappy because she doesn't know the person I am now and will just settle for me cause she is afraid of being alone.  You know the answer.

 

Her: Kuge

Kuge: ...what? Oh sorry

Her: So you wanna head out and watch that movie (gives the smile)

*Just so you know I'm almost tearing up as I type this because now I'm reliving the moment in my head*

Kuge (sighs, and laughs to self): Hmph...just stay single.  I'm goanna go home.  Call me if you ever need advice on something...I pretty much made you and you haven't changed since the last time I talked to you.  Experience life.  Trust me on this one.  

Her: Ok, well if you change your mind...call me.

Kuge: Yeah, I don't see that happening.  But just to make it clear...if you go back to your "man" that cheated on you.  Consider whatever we had before a total waste of time.

Her: *laughs* Don't worry, I am probably gonna pack my stuff from his place and move back in with my mom.  I'm glad I talked to you.

Kuge: Seriously, I'm not kidding.  I care for you but I know for some reason after today we won't talk again, and it won't be because of me.  Take care and I wish that you will enjoy the rest of your life.

 

I get in my car and drive off.  The next day her mom calls me and lets me know that they went back together.  I tell her, "I know...I figured that would happened." 

 

 Over a year later (this past summer/fall) I finished my last day working with the government and pack my stuff i a car and tell my family I'm moving to Las Vegas in a week.  She sent me a message on facebook(she's not a facebook friend, nor a myspace friend, or anything) just saying that my she heard I was moving to Vegas and wished me good luck and a bunch of random stuff.  I say thanks and a couple of things and that was that.  

 

So yeah.  I guess a lot has happened since that bump...lol.

 

 

Message Edited by Kuge on 03-07-2010 08:57 PM
~~Cigarettes killed my father...And raped my mother~~
Order of the Owl
neverkeepchangin11
Posts: 26,269
Registered: ‎09-05-2008
0

Re: Hello...its been awhile

Reply to Kuge - Message ID#: 53540498


Kuge wrote:

AubOrange wrote: It... It wasn't
related to the 07 bump, was it?

 

And no.

 


 

Actually, after I posted the 07 bump I looked at my life and decided I should settle down.  Then as I looked at that I looked at engagement rings.  Before I bought the engagement ring I actually thought about where I was in life (Age, Aspirations, Where I am and how do I get to be where I want in life) and I asked myself if this was the right decision and asked myself if I really loved her.  I thought about this for over a couple of months and I knew I would be marrying her for the wrong reasons.  She was my first girlfriend at the time and I had become very unhappy with who I was.  I knew I was  only with her because I believed that I wouldn't be able to find another girlfriend and that our relationship was based on fear of being alone and not actual love.  I broke things off with her and didn't talk to her for over a year.  I dropped a lot of weight and shaved my hippie hair and became part of society again.  The next time I saw her, her boyfriend (rebound?) cheated on her and she found out because the girl who he cheated on got pregnant.  We talked for a long time as she cried...here we were, over a year later and I was getting over her living my life a changed man, and she was still the cute sheltered girl with fairy tale dreams and reluctantly avoided the reality that is life.  I told her to leave him (she was debating on moving out her stuff from their apartment) and just be single for awhile do whatever the hell she wanted...she didn't need to be with a guy all the time to live her life.  After awhile before I said my goodbye to her and perhaps talk again as friends, she took it upon herself invite me to watch a movie with her.  

 

Time stood still at that very moment.  When I broke up with her originally, my whole life changed.  I had no friends in college (except probably 2-3 people who I met when I played poker...yeah...no social skills cause I spent all my time with her) and I was away from my home town where my friends growing up came.  I was overweight, had hippy hair, just a mess to look at.  I was praying to god everynight that I made the right decision breaking up with her.  It hurt, it hurt a lot.  I dedicated all my time to working out and to get back in shape.  I read forums/guides on how to meet people and to become more social.  I starting talking to people more in class, and outside of class.  I wanted to do standup and pursue that and when I performed...I bombed but I was very glad I did something I wanted to do.  I became a man on a mission to improve my life in all aspects.  It turns out that I am actually a decent (dare I say good?) looking guy when I am not overweight and very friendly cause I like to joke.  My friend network grew in my final semester of college as I invited new friends to do things with me and then I would get invites to do things with them.   I did all of this just so I didn't have to think about being alone/missing my ex/wondering if it was the right choice.

 

I knew that when she asked me this particular question, I told myself; "Kuge, you know that she still has feelings for you and wants you back.  If you take her back...everything you have worked for to improve yourself will come to a halt.  She is the same person as before and you...are a different person now.  You know if you come back to her you will probably end up changing back to your old self, and even if you don't change she probably will just be unhappy because she doesn't know the person I am now and will just settle for me cause she is afraid of being alone.  You know the answer.

 

Her: Kuge

Kuge: ...what? Oh sorry

Her: So you wanna head out and watch that movie (gives the smile)

*Just so you know I'm almost tearing up as I type this because now I'm reliving the moment in my head*

Kuge (sighs, and laughs to self): Hmph...just stay single.  I'm goanna go home.  Call me if you ever need advice on something...I pretty much made you and you haven't changed since the last time I talked to you.  Experience life.  Trust me on this one.  

Her: Ok, well if you change your mind...call me.

Kuge: Yeah, I don't see that happening.  But just to make it clear...if you go back to your "man" that cheated on you.  Consider whatever we had before a total waste of time.

Her: *laughs* Don't worry, I am probably gonna pack my stuff from his place and move back in with my mom.  I'm glad I talked to you.

Kuge: Seriously, I'm not kidding.  I care for you but I know for some reason after today we won't talk again, and it won't be because of me.  Take care and I wish that you will enjoy the rest of your life.

 

I get in my car and drive off.  The next day her mom calls me and lets me know that they went back together.  I tell her, "I know...I figured that would happened." 

 

 Over a year later (this past summer/fall) I finished my last day working with the government and pack my stuff i a car and tell my family I'm moving to Las Vegas in a week.  She sent me a message on facebook(she's not a facebook friend, nor a myspace friend, or anything) just saying that my she heard I was moving to Vegas and wished me good luck and a bunch of random stuff.  I say thanks and a couple of things and that was that.  

 

So yeah.  I guess a lot has happened since that bump...lol.

 

 

Message Edited by Kuge on 03-07-2010 08:57 PM

Z...Zeni?

I dare you to make less sense.

The end starts now

Say Ya To Da U.P. Eh?

so hop on your rainbow, and ride into oblivion
SwimNerd
Kuge
Posts: 480
Registered: ‎08-07-2003
0

Re: Hello...its been awhile

Reply to neverkeepchangin11 - Message ID#: 53540597

Uh...?

 

I only replied to this topic because when I was younger  (like 6 years younger) I used to post here a lot.  Then I just stopped.  But then I found out about the robot unicorn game and I remembered I posted here awhile back and I was hoping someone from 6 years ago would still be here to remember me lol.

 

But if you want content, here is a link to my "I hate college" parody I made with a friend this past summer before I moved to Las Vegas.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkNJY9GLY5k

~~Cigarettes killed my father...And raped my mother~~
Order of the Owl
neverkeepchangin11
Posts: 26,269
Registered: ‎09-05-2008
0

Re: Hello...its been awhile

Reply to Kuge - Message ID#: 53540754

Yeah I read through this thread for fun. Seemed interesting that it hasn't gotten locked for necro-bumping yet. But it kind of neat to see a progression. Sorry your story just reminded me of another users blog entries on these boards.
I dare you to make less sense.

The end starts now

Say Ya To Da U.P. Eh?

so hop on your rainbow, and ride into oblivion
SwimNerd
Kuge
Posts: 480
Registered: ‎08-07-2003
0

Re: Hello...its been awhile

Reply to neverkeepchangin11 - Message ID#: 53540774

Ah, no worries mate!  It's just that when I posted a long time ago I was into the boards a lot.  But as time progressed and I would update what's going on...I found it very interesting to see the responses.

 

Like I recall this board used to be called "coherent babbling" as opposed to just "babbling".  And the content of coherent babbling back then was nothing like it is now.  I feel like an old man now.  Espcially in my young day when gas was 79 cents!

~~Cigarettes killed my father...And raped my mother~~
Order of the Owl
neverkeepchangin11
Posts: 26,269
Registered: ‎09-05-2008
0

Re: Hello...its been awhile

Reply to Kuge - Message ID#: 53540850

Most of that coherent stuff went to Rants.
I dare you to make less sense.

The end starts now

Say Ya To Da U.P. Eh?

so hop on your rainbow, and ride into oblivion
SwimNerd
Kuge
Posts: 480
Registered: ‎08-07-2003
0

Re: Hello...its been awhile

Reply to neverkeepchangin11 - Message ID#: 53540860

Well, maybe I'll end up posting here more.  Or...you will see me in a year or so :/. 
~~Cigarettes killed my father...And raped my mother~~
SwimHotshot
TheGirlWithTheDreads
Posts: 7,898
Registered: ‎08-12-2006
0

Re: Hello...its been awhile

Reply to Kuge - Message ID#: 53546247

Dude, I think I might remember you from back in the day....

S.H.O.T.T.S. Member #88

"Dude, your junk is inside out" ~TheMrDeadHead
"Nothing for nothing leaves whatever's leftover" ~Kirk Mangus
Ask TheGirlWithTheDreads
Reeve
NaBraniel
Posts: 30,285
Registered: ‎11-26-2004
0

Re: Hello...its been awhile

Reply to Kuge - Message ID#: 53546247

Tell me more about your standup stint, I find that more interesting than your ex-girlfriend. Even if it's 2011 when you read this, talk about it anyway. I'll probably still be here.

 

 

 

That last sentence kind of hurt to say, a little.

America's my hometown
SwimNerd
Kuge
Posts: 480
Registered: ‎08-07-2003
0

Re: Hello...its been awhile

[ Edited ]

Reply to NaBraniel - Message ID#: 53546420


NaBraniel wrote:

Tell me more about your standup stint, I find that more interesting than your ex-girlfriend. Even if it's 2011 when you read this, talk about it anyway. I'll probably still be here.

 

 

 

That last sentence kind of hurt to say, a little.


3 years, sorry to make you wait NaBraniel.

 

The truth is I haven't made it in stand-up.

 

When I posted last time I recently moved to Las Vegas to pursue that career. My problem was that I got sidetracked into playing poker professionally (online). Open-mic standups never paid money and I was good at poker and bills needed to be paid, so I told myself once I get enough money I will have more time to do stand-up comedy.

 

I made enough to get by, but my lifestyle went to complete ####. I had no desk, one mattress and a used blanket (old roommates) and pillow as my amenities. Oh, and only one monitor! My ADHD started kicking in around August of 2010 and even when I played poker I was bored. Dungeon Fighter Online was my life, I spent 18 hours a day on my belly playing an addictive online game. Insomnia became my best friend and for a few months I couldn't sleep at night. Or if I were sleeping around Am I would wake up shaking uncontrollably around 5am. Eventually with no health insurance, unemployment running out (as well as my savings) and increasing college bills and eventual lack of playing poker, a buddy of mine let me move in with him. I quit poker for good when I decided the stress wasn't worth it and spent most of my time figuring out what to do.

 

I figured with my marketing degree I would be able to land something. I would apply for positions in spurts. August 2010 I applied for 4 jobs, September about 10, October - 100+, November - 0, December - 75, January - 50. I applied for any position and hoped someone would care enough. I had several job interviews but I never took the initiative to accept any job. Everytime I had a chance to get a job I was too nervous and scared to go back to "work" since I was used to making money in poker and felt like something bigger was in store for me.

 

Around the beginning of 2011 my funds were almost depleted. I had a call from AT&T for a call center position, I went to their pre-lim group interview/testing and passed that and was scheduled for the another interview at the end of January. Then around the 24th I found a CL ad for a call center and told myself I don't want to move back to Michigan, but if a call center job is what awaits my future than so be it. I went to the office (all suited up) and they filled all positions. I went home and texted my friend who got a job at a small time company (he does forex or something, fairly well off, but didn't want to be bored during the day) as a reference. He told me they were hiring and I asked how much the pay was. $9 / hr doing data entry and they needed to fill a spot. I laughed since at the time my logic was "I have a degree! I like to believe I'm smart, this is beneath me". He told me it was really relaxed, they have free snacks and him and I would crush the job.

 

I told him, "Eh...if you are able to get me in an interview today, I will show up. I haven't taken my interview pants off yet so I can do an interview today" Yes...I was that lazy at the time. After a few minutes he told me to come to the store for an interview anytime that day. 30 minutes later I had my interview and was offered a job on the spot and will begin after a couple days.

 

So my job was to pretty much copy and paste data from other websites into our site (as my friend too). I worked my ass off for so many months, I spent all of my time learning what my friend / mentor at this point did with his time, (internet marketing & SEO). I became so obsessed that I would study and read and learn and practice it at work 16+ hours a day and it consumed me. As time went on I essentially became a strategist and once my friend moved on to another company I effectively ran the company and spent my time helping it grow.

 

I had a raise, ended up getting a girlfriend, moving in together this past summer, but eventually my gf was getting annoyed that at this point it was obvious I had grown way too big and was getting drastically underpaid. I didn't mind sitting around and learning and managing, but I did mind being break even month to month. So I got told to get another job in mid October, I applied for a dozen positions & 3 days later I got an interview + offer for an in-house SEO/strategy position. Oddly enough, half of those companies replied eventually wanting me or at least an interview. Even typing that just now, it's almost 2 years to the day that I had no idea what I wanted to do and was hoping that someone gave me a chance to having companies that would like to speak with me for positions.

 

I don't want this to sound like I'm bragging, but in all honesty I still don't know 100% what I want to do with my life. My initial goal was to make money so I can be worry-free pursuing standup comedy. I had to buckle down these last 2+ years and get serious, my sense of humor and overall ability to be funny has lessened significantly. Part of me still wants to do Stand-up, part of me wants to be a business strategist or a consultant / digital specialist. I worked so hard to get to this point, maybe somehow be the funniest Biz strategist that can market himself as someone who can increase your revenues and your laughs!

Either way, sorry for the delay update NaBraniel. If everything seems all out of order...it's the ADHD... :/

~~Cigarettes killed my father...And raped my mother~~
Order of the Owl
neverkeepchangin11
Posts: 26,269
Registered: ‎09-05-2008
0

Re: Hello...its been awhile

Reply to Kuge - Message ID#: 67160673

you probably have to wait a while for Bran's response

*sniff*
I dare you to make less sense.

The end starts now

Say Ya To Da U.P. Eh?

so hop on your rainbow, and ride into oblivion
SwimGuru
Apothiss
Posts: 14,971
Registered: ‎08-07-2007
0

Re: Hello...its been awhile

Reply to Kuge - Message ID#: 3724055

SwimStar
Mjöllnir
Posts: 7,086
Registered: ‎10-08-2010
0

Re: Hello...its been awhile

Reply to neverkeepchangin11 - Message ID#: 67160749

a thread through the ages. how weird.
SwimNerd
Kuge
Posts: 480
Registered: ‎08-07-2003
0

Re: Hello...its been awhile

Reply to neverkeepchangin11 - Message ID#: 67160749


neverkeepchangin11 wrote:
you probably have to wait a while for Bran's response

*sniff*

He said he would wait... *tear*

~~Cigarettes killed my father...And raped my mother~~
Order of the Owl
kimopo
Posts: 26,599
Registered: ‎04-03-2008
0

Re: Hello...its been awhile

Reply to Mjöllnir - Message ID#: 67160831


Mjöllnir wrote:
a thread through the ages. how weird.

If i had the patience this would be really cool to read. 

SwimStar
Mjöllnir
Posts: 7,086
Registered: ‎10-08-2010
0

Re: Hello...its been awhile

Reply to kimopo - Message ID#: 67160983

It's only 48 replies long. It would take like 2 minutes to read.
Order of the Owl
neverkeepchangin11
Posts: 26,269
Registered: ‎09-05-2008
0

Re: Hello...its been awhile

Reply to Mjöllnir - Message ID#: 67161039

too long for kimo.... oooo a butterfly
I dare you to make less sense.

The end starts now

Say Ya To Da U.P. Eh?

so hop on your rainbow, and ride into oblivion
SwimStar
Mjöllnir
Posts: 7,086
Registered: ‎10-08-2010
0

Re: Hello...its been awhile

Reply to neverkeepchangin11 - Message ID#: 67161069

He's like the dog from Up.