Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Order of the Owl
Detroit_Red

ITT: Why I hate Apple

Get it? Got it? Now sign it.

The problem is that white people see racism as conscious hate, when racism is bigger than that. Racism is a complex system of social and political levers and pulleys set up generations ago to continue working on the behalf of whites at other people’s expense, whether whites know/like it or not. Racism is an insidious cultural disease. It is so insidious that it doesn’t care if you are a white person who likes black people; it’s still
going to find a way to infect how you deal with people who don’t look like you. Yes, racism looks like hate, but hate is just one manifestation. Privilege is another. Access is another. Ignorance is another. Apathy is another. And so on. So while I agree with people who say no one is born racist, it remains a powerful system that we’re immediately born into. It’s like being born into air: you take it in as soon as you breathe. It’s not a cold that you can get over. There is no anti-racist certification class. It’s a set of socioeconomic traps and cultural values that are fired up every time we interact with the world. It is a thing you have to keep scooping out of the boat of your life to keep from drowning in it. I know it’s hard work, but it’s the price you pay for owning everything. -Scott Woods

Owl #318
SwimLegend
redsilversnake

Re: ITT: Why I hate Apple

Reply to Detroit_Red - Message ID#: 63501669

Why just Apple? Why not Sony, Microsoft, and all the other companies who also use FoxConn as well?

It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

History teaches that it doesn't.
Order of the Owl
Detroit_Red

Reply to redsilversnake - Message ID#: 63501691

Because you touch yourself at night.

The problem is that white people see racism as conscious hate, when racism is bigger than that. Racism is a complex system of social and political levers and pulleys set up generations ago to continue working on the behalf of whites at other people’s expense, whether whites know/like it or not. Racism is an insidious cultural disease. It is so insidious that it doesn’t care if you are a white person who likes black people; it’s still
going to find a way to infect how you deal with people who don’t look like you. Yes, racism looks like hate, but hate is just one manifestation. Privilege is another. Access is another. Ignorance is another. Apathy is another. And so on. So while I agree with people who say no one is born racist, it remains a powerful system that we’re immediately born into. It’s like being born into air: you take it in as soon as you breathe. It’s not a cold that you can get over. There is no anti-racist certification class. It’s a set of socioeconomic traps and cultural values that are fired up every time we interact with the world. It is a thing you have to keep scooping out of the boat of your life to keep from drowning in it. I know it’s hard work, but it’s the price you pay for owning everything. -Scott Woods

Owl #318
Swimmortal
Goldar

Those never work.
“Dopplepopolis? Is that Greek?”
SwimIcon
the_shotgun_rhetoric

redsilversnake wrote:

Why just Apple? Why not Sony, Microsoft, and all the other companies who also use FoxConn as well?

I think it's because Apple paints itself as the hipster-friendly, humanity-aware alternative to all of those. Nevermind that Steve Jobs was arguably a bigger **noel** than Bill Gates ever was, or that it's all just a **noel** marketing campaign like numerous others previously shoved down the throats of consumer culture. 

The made-up stories are all about brilliant handsome rich suave people who almost get away with it; the real stories are about stupid, mean pigs who confess the minute they get brought into the interrogation room. Just scum killing scum, for some dumb reason or no reason at all. That’s the smell of truth. ~ Gary Brecher
Swimfamous
desantoos

Reply to the_shotgun_rhetoric - Message ID#: 63502631

Yeah, it's hilarious how all of the "concerned" people turned away from Microsoft, whose founder has spent more money in philanthropy than anybody else ever trying to rid the world of horrible diseases, while they continue to worship Apple, whose former leader was notorious for hating any sort of giving and ran a business with no concern for the environment or human beings in general.

I shot an arrow toward the sky...
SwimHotshot
VTEKID

Where was the petition to protect the workers making Xbox 360's? Or is it just the cool, rebellious thing to hate on Apple?

Remember everybody, I'm a troll.

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth."
- John F. Kennedy
SwimLegend
MusketBoned

Reply to VTEKID - Message ID#: 63503633

Apple's been in the news recently. Flavor of the month.

They are pretty terrible as a company though. Then again lots of companies are terrible.
Do you have any fruit swords?

"I was just saying; smart smart smart, classic cars, Portland."

I HAVEN'T EVEN JERKED OFF SINCE EASTER
Order of the Owl
Detroit_Red

Reply to VTEKID - Message ID#: 63503633

HEY LOOKIE HEER BUB, I BEEN HATIN APPLE SINCE EVE!

DID........ didja see wat I did there?

Owl #318
SwimStar
ArmTheHomeless

Their products alone are reason enough for me to hate them.
Maybe this is the one, the one I won't come back from: the end. Just playin' with your head! Would you rescue me if it were true?

Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring.

Here's some giant earthworms. Your argument is invalid.

"I have to do it with a priest ... he's planned out... and humble, flexible and willing to take" - CremeX
SwimHipster
HanginWithMrDeadHead

anyone who didn't know this already doesn't use their apple device to follow tech news or blogs.
touch the screen
Spiral Power
conanwong

also this.

KEEP CALM AND CALL THE DOCTOR

CIA - We can neither confirm nor deny that this is our first tweet.

Fisherman & Hawkins Vs. Hardwell & Amba Shepherd - Apollo Virus (Markus Schulz Mashup)

"Truth is a thing which only appears to those who have observed, considered, and made a choice.
"At the end of the path you chose lies the truth… Believe in it, and continue without faltering." - Elizabeth
Nisekoi Minamoto-kun Monogatari Shokugeki no Soma Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai! - Rojou Kansatsu Kenkyuu Nisshi
SwimSuperfan
FrankHam

maybe instead of this petition you should stop buying consumer electronics. As long as there is a demand for cutting edge electronics at low prices stuff like this is going to keep happening.
PSN NapalmSunburn
Order of the Kitty
KnightStar

That should be a petition to bring jobs back to the United States where workers have rights, not a boycott Apple type of petition.

People need to face facts, everything we get in the states that is made in China has this same issue, bring the jobs home and solve such issues once and for all.

TOMOE242004
"It is a journey into the male mind, in which I believe is really a potentially funny place cause lets face it, nothing happens there." -Andy Wilman Top Gear Producer-

"What will be will, what won't....won't." -Kamina-

"The only person that ever looked good in a four seated convertible was Adolph Hitler!" -Jeremy Clarkson-

"Ha! Sanity, what would I do with something as useless as that?" "Good thing I never had use for such a thing." -Zaraki Kenpatchi-

"I've never seen a ship like this before. It's far behind any C'tarl-C'tarl ship. It won't move unless you're naked! That's very kinky, wouldn't you say? -Aisha Clanclan-

"Well it was the least I could do for you, actually the least I could have done was run away and stick my head in a gopher hole." -Griffin Kato-

"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people." -Harry McDougal-

SwimNerd
Vagiknightous

if i have to pay double to triple the amount for a mac than a pc just to have a decent one then im out on apple. A thousand bucks can get me a badass pc that I can format and put together for cheap cheap. Thats my big concern about apple its outragous prices. Mac pro 1500- over 2000, badass gaming pc 1000 bucks (maybe a little bit more depending on personal prefernces)

SwimSuperfan
FrankHam

Reply to KnightStar - Message ID#: 63513471

China is too far ahead of the US in labor like this. Where are you going to find over 300,000 americans to work 12 hour shifts 6 days a week? and if we bring the assembly factory we have to bring some of the manufacturers back.
I was reading an article a while ago and basically most of their parts manufacturers are located very closely, which I'm sure not only saves on shipping but is very convenient. There's just no way our country could handle the demand of that kind of labor. I work in a factory and people whine and complain about working late one or two days a week. I think in a way unions have crippled the efficiency of the american labor force. And I'm not talking about having higher wages for workers. More in the sense that it has caused SUCH an inefficiency in people working, they all take long breaks, are lazy, **noel**ty employees but because they belong to a union they can't be fired for doing a **noel**ty job.
PSN NapalmSunburn
Order of the Owl
scoobdog

Reply to MusketBoned - Message ID#: 63503747

MusketBoned wrote:
Apple's been in the news recently. Flavor of the month.

They are pretty terrible as a company though. Then again lots of companies are terrible.

This.  I love my Mac and would give it up in a heart-beat if it meant supporting a company that did things right.  But, the problems with supply chains and labor pools (both a result of the move to overseas production) are too complex to be fixed overnight.  It's to the point now that there are lot of terrible companies out there, some (unlike Apple) who are terrible out of necessity.

SwimSuperfan
TahoeDenver

Just did.

But I doubt those smug fuuuuuudges in clown pants & nerd glasses will care.

Caring & human rights are so 90s.

And we know what the Bush era kids think: the 90s **noel** bruh.

Cuz ya know, havin a job is a bad thing & stuff. As long as my dad owns a dealership & I have an iPodiFart I'm good.

李德 Li De

"i have never encountered anyone who is wrong about so many things in my entire life. i'm being completely serious. i honestly cannot understand how one person can be this full of wrong and not either have accidentally offed themselves or been beaten to death by an angry mob. you're a living, breathing, disastrous miracle." - Saddy

"Westpark ran a train on this thread." - Failgar
SwimSuperfan
TahoeDenver

redsilversnake wrote:

Because its cool to hit on Apple.

李德 Li De

"i have never encountered anyone who is wrong about so many things in my entire life. i'm being completely serious. i honestly cannot understand how one person can be this full of wrong and not either have accidentally offed themselves or been beaten to death by an angry mob. you're a living, breathing, disastrous miracle." - Saddy

SwimSuperfan
TahoeDenver

Reply to desantoos - Message ID#: 63502953

desantoos wrote:

Yeah, it's hilarious how all of the "concerned" people turned away from Microsoft, whose founder has spent more money in philanthropy than anybody else ever trying to rid the world of horrible diseases, while they continue to worship Apple, whose former leader was notorious for hating any sort of giving and ran a business with no concern for the environment or human beings in general.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjxSNwenylk

BUT

BUT BUT

^^ look @ how cool those Bush kids are!! They're multicolored & playin overrated Bush mp3 players.

OMGZ!!!

李德 Li De

SwimSuperfan
Satoh

I wonder how many people signed this from their iPhones.

Oh, cruel irony.
Google翻訳は、実際の知識に代わるものではありません。
SwimHELPeR
DoomsDayDevice

Reply to desantoos - Message ID#: 63502953

desantoos wrote:

this x 100.

IMMA RAIN HOT DOOM DOWN UPON YOU!

Visit The Pillow Fort

You're dead to me.

SwimStar
ArmTheHomeless

Reply to FrankHam - Message ID#: 63514305

Unions destroying labor in America is a joke. The problem is CEO's and it always has been. The problem is top down and the man on bottom holds the least fault.
Maybe this is the one, the one I won't come back from: the end. Just playin' with your head! Would you rescue me if it were true?

Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring.

Here's some giant earthworms. Your argument is invalid.

"I have to do it with a priest ... he's planned out... and humble, flexible and willing to take" - CremeX
Swimmortal
westpark

Detroit_Red wrote:

Get it? Got it? Now sign it.

+1

WESTPARK THE KING OF ASMB

"westpark ran a train on this thread" - Stilgar

"Every woman needs a good slap now & again." - Sir Sean Connery
Swimmortal
westpark

redsilversnake wrote:

Because Bush hipsters like Apple.

Its too popular & therefore has to be humbled & destroyed. Its the law of anarchy.

WESTPARK THE KING OF ASMB

"westpark ran a train on this thread" - Stilgar

"Every woman needs a good slap now & again." - Sir Sean Connery