SwimSuperfan
BravoBravo

Marlboro Special Blend VS Marlboro Red

Anyone switched over to these?

My parents used to buy Reds, but we switched to Special Blends because they're like $10 cheaper a carton.

I don't get it. They're almost completely identical to Reds. I don't know what's so special about them.

And if they're special, why do they cost a dollar or more less per pack?

:smileyindifferent:

We gays love to kill babies.

==SandStoneRebornv==
SwimFan
Tharzus

Re: Marlboro Special Blend VS Marlboro Red

Reply to BravoBravo - Message ID#: 55776959

i think they taste better too.
Winter comes to the empty shell.

I shall forever hunt for you, Nyssor.
SwimLegend
Buddyroe360

It's made mostly of the stems.....So to speak.

Kaitlyn brought a wolf for me to fight, and refused to speak to me until I'd bested it in battle.
I did so, easily. Because there are three things that I'm the t!ts at: Barbecuing, Mega Man 2 and finding lupine pressure points.
I thought we'd mack a little after that, but she just laugh-cried manically over the wolf corpse until her face turned purple. Also, she was driving an Aztek and that's literally my only deal breaker.

I'M COMMITTING VERBAL MURDER IN THE MAJOR THIRD DEGREE
MY NAME IS BEETHOVEN MOTHERPHUKKER, MAYBE YOU'VE HEARD OF ME.
SwimSuperfan
Schizo

Probably because "Marlboro Crappy Taste" doesn't sell as well as "Special Blend".

The Libertarian Atheist

Religious Tolerance

Proud resident of the seventh circle of hell.
Order of the Owl
Your_Master

I hear the Special Blend is smoother, and they cost less because Marlboro keeps inventing new blends in order to be able to put the new ones on sale so people don't have to pay outrageous prices after the tobacco tax hike :smileyindifferent:

(I'm not a smoker, I know these things because I work in a gas station and cigarettes are the item we sell the most of, besides gas and fountain sodas.)

♥ ♦ ★ OWL NUMBER 283 ★ ♦ ♥

♫ ♥ ☆ All your Drifloons are belong to TrigunBebop ☆ ♥ ♫
"Well I brush the hair on my head with that. I'd rather not have a guy's pubes that close to my face, even if they are mine." -boonduck
"You can smoke anything if you try hard enough. And have enough fire." -Cau
"Tis the season to embrace all souls being devoured by Snow Hitler"- GodspreadThin
[This] [Odin says I can steal your evils] [There Will Be Blood]
Swimmortal
westpark

No clue, I only smoke cigars man.

WESTPARK THE KING OF ASMB

"westpark ran a train on this thread" - Stilgar

"Every woman needs a good slap now & again." - Sir Sean Connery
SwimLegend
HonorableCloud

Never tried Red, but the Special Blend is alright.

These are real men doing real things.
Swimmortal
totallyrad

I used to smoke reds but I switch to the best cigarettes in the world...Virginia Slims. AMIRITE GUYS?

Ghost in the Stilgar: Forever Alone Complex - Panic
Swimmortal
ZeroStralem

If I'm correct, special blends contain extra chemicals that kill you faster. I forgot what it all was. Some guy selling cigarettes behind a counter in Kroger was telling me, but I so seldom smoke that I just didn't really listen. I only smoked cigarettes near finals time in school (which I would smoke Reds), and well, now that I'm done with school, no need for a cheap and quick nicotine kick. :smileytongue:

I'm a tyrannical princess
PSN ID: ZeroStralem | Gamer Tag: ZeroStralem | AIM: ZeroStralem | YIM: zerostralem | [S.H.O.T.T.S. #92]
Order of the Owl
Cepheus84

Enjoy your cancer.
Quit talking about math. This thread is about wanting to be raped.
-lunarnoodle
SwimStar
olmoldy

Reply to ZeroStralem - Message ID#: 55778975

All Cigarettes are now under the control of the FDA. All the Chemicals the Used to put in them

such as Formaldehyde, Ammonia, etc to enhance the transfer of Nicotine and the Burn rate have

been removed. The Tobacco Companies also have been forced to stop selling so called

"Light" Cigarettes since the only thing that made them "Light" were a series of small holes

in the paper just above the filter, oddly enough where most smokers hold the cigarette

thus rendering the "Air holes" Useless.  Also Outlawed are flavored cigarettes, with an

exception for Menthol's. So, all the Major brands are coming out with new "Blends"

to try and attract new customers. The average cigarette today is 10 times more

addictive than one just  8 years ago.

"It is good that war is so terrible, lest we become to fond of it! "
(Robert E. Lee, Battle of Fredricksburg)! " It was a Close run Thing!" (The Duke of Wellington, after the battle of Waterloo)
"And that's the way it is!" (Walter Cronkite) "Beware of Foriegn entanglements, and the setting up of political parties" (George Washingtons farewell address) "Beware of the Military Industrial Complex" (Dwight David Eisenhower's farewell address) "Power corupts, and absolute Power, Corupts, ABSOLUTELY" (Benjamin Franklin) "Three pints of Guinness, for that's what was poured, Three pints of Guinness, Three, and no more"( I thought that up) "If it is NOT Nesessary to Amend the Constitution, THEN it is Nesessary NOT to AMEND IT" (Benjamin Franklin)
"America has no Real Native Criminal Class, We just have CONGRESS" (Mark Twain) "the BEST friend a Man Can Have is a Congressman, that is Completely Bought & Paid for" (Mark Twain) "Death is more universal than Life; Everyone dies but not Everyone lives"( A. Sachs) "Show Me a Gold Mine, and I'll Show You
a Hole in the Ground , with a LIAR at the Bottom!" (Mark Twain)
Order of the Owl
FieryDoom

Reply to ZeroStralem - Message ID#: 55778975

ZeroStralem wrote:

If I'm correct, special blends contain extra chemicals that kill you faster. I forgot what it all was. Some guy selling cigarettes behind a counter in Kroger was telling me, but I so seldom smoke that I just didn't really listen. I only smoked cigarettes near finals time in school (which I would smoke Reds), and well, now that I'm done with school, no need for a cheap and quick nicotine kick. :smileytongue:

sounds about right.

the People's Republic of Venturethe Forum | the Site | the WiKi | the Twitter

The-Big-Steamy-Thing wrote:
Somebody should put up Stop signs in the ocean. That way the sharks would see them, stop and then die.

SwimStar
ArmTheHomeless

Reply to olmoldy - Message ID#: 55779321

olmoldy wrote:

All Cigarettes are now under the control of the FDA. All the Chemicals the Used to put in them

such as Formaldehyde, Ammonia, etc to enhance the transfer of Nicotine and the Burn rate have

been removed. The Tobacco Companies also have been forced to stop selling so called

"Light" Cigarettes since the only thing that made them "Light" were a series of small holes

in the paper just above the filter, oddly enough where most smokers hold the cigarette

thus rendering the "Air holes" Useless.  Also Outlawed are flavored cigarettes, with an

exception for Menthol's. So, all the Major brands are coming out with new "Blends"

to try and attract new customers. The average cigarette today is 10 times more

addictive than one just  8 years ago.

You're not really right about the holes in the filter thing. You really have to hold all the way around to change the effect of the holes and you can really tell the difference when you do. That's how I smoke lights because I hate lights.

Maybe this is the one, the one I won't come back from: the end. Just playin' with your head! Would you rescue me if it were true?

Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring.

Here's some giant earthworms. Your argument is invalid.

"I have to do it with a priest ... he's planned out... and humble, flexible and willing to take" - CremeX
SwimStar
ArmTheHomeless

Oh, but anyway. Marlboro is horrible, go with Camel. I'm smokin the Camel Turkish Golds now. Got a hint of chocolate to the taste.
Maybe this is the one, the one I won't come back from: the end. Just playin' with your head! Would you rescue me if it were true?

"I have to do it with a priest ... he's planned out... and humble, flexible and willing to take" - CremeX
SwimIcon
_KaMuLJo_

I stick with menthols.
SwimLegend
MusketBoned

I can't smoke manufactured cigs anymore, I can taste the chemicals. The ones I make myself are much better.
Do you have any fruit swords?

"I was just saying; smart smart smart, classic cars, Portland."

I HAVEN'T EVEN JERKED OFF SINCE EASTER
SwimIcon
SetsunaMoriya

I was going to make a Final Fantasy joke, but I figured no one would get it and I would just feel like a nerd.

Imagine I just shrugged.
SwimStar
ArmTheHomeless

Reply to MusketBoned - Message ID#: 55782945

I like rollies too, I just don't like to roll them. I think the Turkish Golds I'm smokin now taste a lot like Bugler.

SwimStar
ArmTheHomeless

Reply to SetsunaMoriya - Message ID#: 55782959

Good call.

SwimLegend
MusketBoned

Reply to ArmTheHomeless - Message ID#: 55782961

I'm a lazy mofo, I got the machine and tubes. Can pump out a pack in like a half-hour easy. Never really timed it or anything though.
Do you have any fruit swords?

"I was just saying; smart smart smart, classic cars, Portland."

I HAVEN'T EVEN JERKED OFF SINCE EASTER
SwimStar
ArmTheHomeless

Reply to MusketBoned - Message ID#: 55783015

I could hand roll a pack in that amount of time. I just don't like to roll ahead of time and I don't like carrying the big pack around all the time and rolling wherever I go. I only smoke like 1-2 a day anyway, I don't need to save the money and just getting the pack is more convenient.

Swimportant
No_Soup_For_You

Reply to ArmTheHomeless - Message ID#: 55782751

ArmTheHomeless wrote:
Oh, but anyway. Marlboro is horrible, go with Camel. I'm smokin the Camel Turkish Golds now. Got a hint of chocolate to the taste.
Camel is horrible.
SwimStar
ArmTheHomeless

Reply to No_Soup_For_You - Message ID#: 55788259

Your taste is horrible.

Also, so is your face.

Swimportant
No_Soup_For_You

Reply to ArmTheHomeless - Message ID#: 55788281

Camel fell off when they made those new filters/lights. Bring back their old Filters and I'd probably go back to them. And even then...I'm not smoking more than two or three a day at this point. Used to smoke a pack or more and that was just two weeks ago.
SwimStar
ArmTheHomeless

Reply to No_Soup_For_You - Message ID#: 55788335

Are you saying they changed the Filters or they quit making them? Because they still make them.