SwimSuperfan
FussyMcFusserson

Re: More on the Trayvon Martin shooting

Reply to The_Pirate-King - Message ID#: 64115107

What Everyone Should Know About Trayvon Martin (1995-2012)

" . . . And sometimes when you fall, you fly."
SwimLegend
alucardsexyghost

Reply to FussyMcFusserson - Message ID#: 64147765

I'm telling you people skittles are a dangerous weapon.

But seriously the family needs to sue Zimmerman. If he isn't going to jail at least he can spend every penny he has in reparations.

Tip: trolls can not be fully defeated without the help of fire or acid
"bitchs love cannons" Hellsing ultimate abridged
PSN: Sabrem82
I have a crush on Erio from Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
Order of the Kitty
Glodson

This story shouldn't exist. This moron should have just been arrested. He essentially told the 911 operator that he was going action hero on this small teen.

But I guess it takes a real man to confront an unarmed kid who is walking and weighs over 100 pounds less than yourself from the safety of your car while armed with a gun.

And the race factor is impossible to escape. If this had been a young white boy shot under similar circumstances, I would bet the shooter would already be in jail and full investigation would be underway.

This police department is crap.
SwimLegend
alucardsexyghost

Reply to Glodson - Message ID#: 64148031

"I heard the teenager call for help"

"no you didn't it was the shooter that cried for help OK?"

yeah because police should always tell witnesses what they heard/saw.

Order of the Kitty
Glodson

[ Edited ]

Reply to alucardsexyghost - Message ID#: 64148099

Exactly. We all know that first you figure out what happened, then you make the evidence suit that narrative.

It would be insane to let a man go who stalked and killed an unarmed teen who just look suspicious as he was the wrong color, so it must be that the teen was insane with hormones and weaponized Skittles in such a way to change the entire meaning of "taste the rainbow," and this poor 240 pound armed man had to defend himself. It was obviously self-defense, because if it was a case where a man stalked and murdered a child, the police would be investigating.

Spoiler
This may have been sarcastic.

SwimSuperfan
Pero8P

Oh whoa, that was right by the mall. and next to the derby track.

"Fear me - Pero8P
Freinds: abby_dooby cereal my gramma markoff_cheney evilknome ryan_plays_flok
RRRRRR!!
The_Pirate-King

Reply to FussyMcFusserson - Message ID#: 64147765

FussyMcFusserson wrote:

Wow. As if it wasn't clear enough already, this brings what actually happened into 1080p. How could the police be so blind, or so racist as to not acknowledge that a murder was committed here?
SwimSuperfan
Pero8P

OH ####!, that dude's apartment is right next to an elementary school. wtf dawg. "looks like a black adult male...oh my god! he's got macaroni pictures! *BAM BAM*
"Fear me - Pero8P
Freinds: abby_dooby cereal my gramma markoff_cheney evilknome ryan_plays_flok
Order of the Kitty
Glodson

Reply to The_Pirate-King - Message ID#: 64148361

The_Pirate-King wrote:

FussyMcFusserson wrote:

Wow. As if it wasn't clear enough already, this brings what actually happened into 1080p. How could the police be so blind, or so racist as to not acknowledge that a murder was committed here?

I cannot imagine that the entire department is this bad. But... I am really having a hard time explain why they wouldn't pursue an investigation. At the very least. Anytime someone pulls a gun and kills another human, it should be investigated. A person died. We should at least make sure the killing was justified.

And this case is about as far from justified as it gets. Zimmerman hunted this child down. There's no other way to describe it. Calling in a suspicious teen in the area, okay, I can see that. It might be over zealous, but at least it makes a semblance of sense. Following the suspect again, again can make some strange sense. Getting out of your car and confronting a teen whose only crime is possibly being in a neighborhood he doesn't live in just because you are suspicious, now we are getting where I can't even see the reasoning. The first two were stretches, but still could be reasonable given some strange new meaning of the word. But the confrontation is where the intent becomes evident. At best, he was trying to throw his weight around as the protector of the cul-de-sac. At the very best, this man is delusional. At the very worst, he's a vile racist who thought he could get away with murdering a black child.

Because he got out of the car, because he was armed and his victim was unarmed, because he was much larger and much more dangerous, because he ignore explicit orders to stay away, for all of these reasons, this case should be investigated. At the best, Zimmerman is a sick man who played out some vigilante fantasy, in which case he needs to be locked up. At the worst, he stalked and killed a child for the hell of it. In which case, his ass needs to go to prison.

Now, his acts has exposed a police department that is either incompetent, or rife with racism. There is nothing good about this story.
SwimHotshot
Gark

sure is racist in there

now, lets hear white people try to say that racism isn't rampant in this country anymore

SwimHotshot

Reply to Glodson - Message ID#: 64148031

Glodson wrote:
This story shouldn't exist. This moron should have just been arrested. He essentially told the 911 operator that he was going action hero on this small teen.

But I guess it takes a real man to confront an unarmed kid who is walking and weighs over 100 pounds less than yourself from the safety of your car while armed with a gun.

And the race factor is impossible to escape. If this had been a young white boy shot under similar circumstances, I would bet the shooter would already be in jail and full investigation would be underway.

This police department is crap.

i saw on the news today the people that live there now live in fear and distrust of their police dept

of course they are! they can now be shot down and no one will do anything about it!

if i live there.. with my already bad nerves, lol, id be moving and using that sh*t as an excuse to be let out of my lease

psn: sweetcandygrl
SwimHotshot

Reply to Glodson - Message ID#: 64148187

Glodson wrote:

Exactly. We all know that first you figure out what happened, then you make the evidence suit that narrative.

It would be insane to let a man go who stalked and killed an unarmed teen who just look suspicious as he was the wrong color, so it must be that the teen was insane with hormones and weaponized Skittles in such a way to change the entire meaning of "taste the rainbow," and this poor 240 pound armed man had to defend himself. It was obviously self-defense, because if it was a case where a man stalked and murdered a child, the police would be investigating.

Spoiler
This may have been sarcastic.

####, Glodson. More brillance. I wish this man was in court and YOU were the defense attorney. 

Order of the Owl
Cepheus84

The guy's a trigger-happy douche who deserves to go to jail.
Quit talking about math. This thread is about wanting to be raped.
-lunarnoodle
SwimHotshot

Reply to Cepheus84 - Message ID#: 64151567

Cepheus84 wrote:
The guy's a trigger-happy douche who deserves to go to jail.

but he didnt and the police dont agree with you. THATS the problem.

i posted the petition link on my page and friends pages on facebook. even a high profile chick with friends in the music industry. im hoping they read it and do something

SwimIcon
Nyanya

Reply to fugglesss - Message ID#: 64151593

ZIMMERMAN 2012

hashtag it, friends.

My first novel, Kardia, has now been published! Click here to read!
The Fallen's Chalice - Coming Soon

The Greatest Moment in Anime History
My Little One Piece
Swimmortal
dposse

Reply to Nyanya - Message ID#: 64151685

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/19/2703029/us-department-of-ju
stice-fbi-and.html

The U.S. Department of Justice’s Civil Rights Division and the FBI will investigate the killing of Miami Gardens teenager Trayvon Martin by a neighborhood watch volunteer, the department announced late Monday.

The announcement coincided with a statement from Florida Gov. Rick Scott asking the Florida Department of Law Enforcement to offer “appropriate resources” in the case.
SwimLegend
alucardsexyghost

Reply to dposse - Message ID#: 64155921

heh Neighborhood watch boy is going down, and the police department is going to look like idiots.

Order of the Kitty
Glodson

Reply to fugglesss - Message ID#: 64150457

Well, if I were the defense attorney, I would have to defend this man to the best of my abilities. Which is a reason I am not eager to be any type of attorney. No matter how guilty, everyone is entitled to a competent defense.

But that's an interesting exercise, how would one defend this man in a court of law? Well, the police have already done part of the job. By not investigating since day one, I could attempt to cast some doubt on the evidence collected in subsequent investigations, suggesting that media coverage tainted and corrupted some of it. All I would have to do is introduce doubt. The doubt has to be about the charges in this case. There is no reasonable doubt that Zimmerman killed this kid. But I could cast doubt on if it was murder.

Now, this was a murder. I believe that one can show that there was an unlawful homicide where the killer acted with malicious forethought. This fits the legal definition of murder. If I were defending this man, I would try to cast doubt on the intent aspect of if, and maybe even attempt to paint the kill as justified. But that would require more knowledge of the castle type laws in Florida. Other avenues for defending this man might involve a plea deal. Putting Zimmerman on the stand is out of the question. I think the best option for any defense attorney in this case would be to attempt to avoid the trial with a plea deal. Get the charges down to manslaughter and a lighter sentence. Going to trial in this case would be too risky. While there might be some room to introduce doubt, the evidence I have seen suggests that it would take a brilliant defense attorney and a moron prosecutor, coupled with an inept police department. Sadly, there is an inept police department on this case, which as I said, allows for some wiggle room.

But in the end, the best Zimmerman could hope for is a plea deal, should this go forward. Perhaps an insanity plea, but those rarely work and it could easily result in a longer net sentence(getting institutionalized could leave one in for years, with no hope of leaving, while a prison sentence can leave one in a position for parole). A good defense attorney would look to reduce the charges in this case, try to get it down to a type of manslaughter.

Which is why I'm not interested in being a lawyer. Defending people who don't deserve it is part of the job and our system.
Order of the Kitty
Saddy

yea. not surprising at all. a black kid gets killed in a white neighborhood for being black. yea. that's a shocker. i think things are actually getting worse. i dunno, maybe it's just me, but it seems like for the past few years we are regressing like crazy. around this time last year, maybe a little later, some idiot in virginia called the police on a black kid who was sitting on the grass in front of the library. apparently he was "suspicious looking" and was "possibly carrying a gun", ya know, because he was black after all. yea, this kind of stuff ticks me off to no end, but what good is me getting upset about it going to accomplish. the people who care aren't the ones who need to hear it and the ones that do need to hear it don't care and won't listen.
SwimSuperfan
FussyMcFusserson

Reply to Glodson - Message ID#: 64161309

Glodson wrote:
Well, if I were the defense attorney, I would have to defend this man to the best of my abilities. Which is a reason I am not eager to be any type of attorney. No matter how guilty, everyone is entitled to a competent defense.

But that's an interesting exercise, how would one defend this man in a court of law? Well, the police have already done part of the job. By not investigating since day one, I could attempt to cast some doubt on the evidence collected in subsequent investigations, suggesting that media coverage tainted and corrupted some of it. All I would have to do is introduce doubt. The doubt has to be about the charges in this case. There is no reasonable doubt that Zimmerman killed this kid. But I could cast doubt on if it was murder.

Now, this was a murder. I believe that one can show that there was an unlawful homicide where the killer acted with malicious forethought. This fits the legal definition of murder. If I were defending this man, I would try to cast doubt on the intent aspect of if, and maybe even attempt to paint the kill as justified. But that would require more knowledge of the castle type laws in Florida. Other avenues for defending this man might involve a plea deal. Putting Zimmerman on the stand is out of the question. I think the best option for any defense attorney in this case would be to attempt to avoid the trial with a plea deal. Get the charges down to manslaughter and a lighter sentence. Going to trial in this case would be too risky. While there might be some room to introduce doubt, the evidence I have seen suggests that it would take a brilliant defense attorney and a moron prosecutor, coupled with an inept police department. Sadly, there is an inept police department on this case, which as I said, allows for some wiggle room.

But in the end, the best Zimmerman could hope for is a plea deal, should this go forward. Perhaps an insanity plea, but those rarely work and it could easily result in a longer net sentence(getting institutionalized could leave one in for years, with no hope of leaving, while a prison sentence can leave one in a position for parole). A good defense attorney would look to reduce the charges in this case, try to get it down to a type of manslaughter.

Which is why I'm not interested in being a lawyer. Defending people who don't deserve it is part of the job and our system.

Yeah, I can't see using the "self-defense" defense when the guy had a #### gun in his hand. Sheesh. I have to laugh anytime someone suggests the voice pleading for help on the 9-1-1 tapes is Zimmerman.

SwimSuperfan
FussyMcFusserson

Hey! I've been wondering: Where's that guy who was in that other thread gloating about laws having unintended consequences? Y'know, calling everyone who disagreed with his comments "nanny-staters"? Wonder where he's at right now . . . . .

SwimSuperfan
FussyMcFusserson

RRRRRR!!
The_Pirate-King

Reply to Saddy - Message ID#: 64161417

Well, there's a federal investigation being launched into it, so obviously someone cares.
RRRRRR!!
The_Pirate-King

Reply to FussyMcFusserson - Message ID#: 64165823

Was it Jingai? Or maybe packard? I do remember one of them arguing against hate crime laws and the like.
SwimSuperfan
FussyMcFusserson

Reply to The_Pirate-King - Message ID#: 64165951

The_Pirate-King wrote:
Was it Jingai? Or maybe packard? I do remember one of them arguing against hate crime laws and the like.

*coughastrocough*