Awesome Kitteh
BigTimeGemmySham

Re: NFL Offseason Thread, 2012 edition.

[ Edited ]

Reply to Detheros - Message ID#: 63858417

In the meantime, the NFL Network's official coverage of the NFL Combine on-field workouts started today. Offensive lineman, tight ends, and kickers are today. Running backs, quarterbacks, and wide receivers are tomorrow.

rukiasoul and polexia rule! Also, HackerEdward is f*cking awesome! (Anyone who says otherwise is a jerk.)
"Your tweets are the best anti-drug PSA ever." - Andy Levy (to Yoko Ono.)
"I hate this idea that you're the best...because you're not. I'm the best. I'm the best in the world." - CM Punk
"YOU DO NOT THROW ROCKS AT A MAN WHO'S GOT A MACHINE GUN!" - Rowdy Roddy Piper
Regarding 4chan: "It's like a pack of retarded mutants with super strength and no way to control themselves!" - The-Green-Hornet
Currently listening to: Liquid Tension Experiment
KittehStar
olmoldy

Reply to BigTimeGemmySham - Message ID#: 63858677

the CHARGERS said today, that they will offer a contract to Vincent Jackson "after" they see what Other

Teams Offer Him. That They Have No Intentions of using the Franchise player on him,  they just want

to see what his Market Value is. ** Gawd! we are Doomed**

"It is good that war is so terrible, lest we become to fond of it! "
(Robert E. Lee, Battle of Fredricksburg)! " It was a Close run Thing!" (The Duke of Wellington, after the battle of Waterloo)
"And that's the way it is!" (Walter Cronkite) "Beware of Foriegn entanglements, and the setting up of political parties" (George Washingtons farewell address) "Beware of the Military Industrial Complex" (Dwight David Eisenhower's farewell address) "Power corupts, and absolute Power, Corupts, ABSOLUTELY" (Benjamin Franklin) "Three pints of Guinness, for that's what was poured, Three pints of Guinness, Three, and no more"( I thought that up) "If it is NOT Nesessary to Amend the Constitution, THEN it is Nesessary NOT to AMEND IT" (Benjamin Franklin)
"America has no Real Native Criminal Class, We just have CONGRESS" (Mark Twain) "the BEST friend a Man Can Have is a Congressman, that is Completely Bought & Paid for" (Mark Twain) "Death is more universal than Life; Everyone dies but not Everyone lives"( A. Sachs)
Awesome Kitteh
BigTimeGemmySham

Reply to olmoldy - Message ID#: 63860131

Seems that way, moldy. Sorry, man. I bet Moparman wouldn't like that news either.
rukiasoul and polexia rule! Also, HackerEdward is f*cking awesome! (Anyone who says otherwise is a jerk.)
"I hate this idea that you're the best...because you're not. I'm the best. I'm the best in the world." - CM Punk
Regarding 4chan: "It's like a pack of retarded mutants with super strength and no way to control themselves!" - The-Green-Hornet
SwimGuardian
The-Green-Hornet

Reply to BigTimeGemmySham - Message ID#: 63860529

i've officially begun to question the sanity of the entire chargers organization, not just the screwballs at the top anymore.

μολὼν λαβέ

Grumpy Cat
Detheros

Reply to The-Green-Hornet - Message ID#: 63863741

Someone's gotta be the Raiders post Al Davis.
No one in life is a virgin, Life screws us all over.
Here's my Twitter ~ Follow me for boring real life crap, random complaining, and retweet abuse! ~ Owl #263
Here's my PSN trophy list I guess... PsnID: Detheros2 SteamID: Detheros send a friend invite and I'll accept if I notice.
Awesome Kitteh
BigTimeGemmySham

Reply to Detheros - Message ID#: 63867425

Detheros wrote:
Someone's gotta be the Raiders post Al Davis.

I thought we all decided it was gonna be Dallas with their "wonderful" owner Jerreh (Jerry, of course. :smileyvery-happy:) Jones.

Grumpy Cat
Detheros

Reply to BigTimeGemmySham - Message ID#: 63867443

No. The Cowboys can't have anything good. :smileyindifferent:
Here's my Twitter ~ Follow me for boring real life crap, random complaining, and retweet abuse! ~ Owl #263
Here's my PSN trophy list I guess... PsnID: Detheros2 SteamID: Detheros send a friend invite and I'll accept if I notice.
Grumpy Cat
Detheros

Reply to Detheros - Message ID#: 63892323

Also the Rams plan on trading the Number 2 pick in the draft.

Kittehmortal
JusticeGundam

Reply to Detheros - Message ID#: 63892335

So out of the Redskins and Dolphins, whoever does not get that Pick(and RGIII) will most likey get Manning.

Though I am putting my money on the swerve of the century. Texans go after Manning.

Martinman (7:38:09 PM): Twilight is my favorite
Martinman (7:38:16 PM): because she is what I would be if I were a female pony
MasterKitteh
ShowUsYourTaint

Reply to JusticeGundam - Message ID#: 63900005

I wonder if Manning will even be capable of playing.   I mean he's cleared to play by doctors but that just means he likely won't hurt himself more by playing, it doesn't mean he has arm strength back.

Cast off this taint, and become taintless
Awesome Kitteh
Duo-Yuy

Reply to BigTimeGemmySham - Message ID#: 63858677

I can't believe how many people actually watch the combine
PSN Crossbone-F93
Grumpy Cat
Detheros

Reply to Duo-Yuy - Message ID#: 63904335

THE COMBINE IS IMPORTANT YO!

JUST AS IMPORTANT AS MOCK DRAFTS FOR 2013 RIGHT NOW!

:smileyindifferent:
Awesome Kitteh
BigTimeGemmySham

Reply to JusticeGundam - Message ID#: 63900005

lolno :smileyvery-happy: We need to go after a good number two receiver.
Kittehmortal
JusticeGundam

Reply to BigTimeGemmySham - Message ID#: 63904995

With Manning, you wouldnt need a #2 or 3 or 4 receiver.

you dont even need a runningback. good thing you guys do tho.

KittehHotshot
conanwong

Reply to TheGreatUrameshi13 - Message ID#: 63726111

i for one applaud them senators. "selling out" games is a huge waste of time and money and effort. the nfl should be ashame of themselves for monopolizing on how each teams need to sell out in order for them to have a broadcast game for the home team fans.
Postmodern Jukebox - Royals ft. Puddles Pity Party

Live broadcast - A State of Trance episode 650 events

"Truth is a thing which only appears to those who have observed, considered, and made a choice.
"At the end of the path you chose lies the truth… Believe in it, and continue without faltering." - Elizabeth

http://i.imgur.com/SJcyjTa.gif http://i.imgur.com/Yf5d1kG.jpg http://i.imgur.com/w0oUxqt.gif http://i.imgur.com/73AhHgj.jpg http://i.imgur.com/s0ZC9Ne.jpg
KittehHotshot
conanwong

Reply to conanwong - Message ID#: 63909499

hines ward is no more - http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-02-29/pittsburgh-steelers-to-r
elease-four-time-pro-bowl-wide-rece...

"Truth is a thing which only appears to those who have observed, considered, and made a choice.
"At the end of the path you chose lies the truth… Believe in it, and continue without faltering." - Elizabeth

http://i.imgur.com/SJcyjTa.gif http://i.imgur.com/Yf5d1kG.jpg http://i.imgur.com/w0oUxqt.gif http://i.imgur.com/73AhHgj.jpg http://i.imgur.com/s0ZC9Ne.jpg
KittehLegend
TheGreatUrameshi13

Reply to conanwong - Message ID#: 63909499

conanwong wrote:
i for one applaud them senators. "selling out" games is a huge waste of time and money and effort. the nfl should be ashame of themselves for monopolizing on how each teams need to sell out in order for them to have a broadcast game for the home team fans.

What a bunch of centrally-planned hooey!

The NFL already has a major problem getting butts into stadium seats because it's such a great TV product.  Additionally, the d-bag factor at most NFL stadiums is off the charts, so no one's gonna want to bring their family there.

Furthermore, these senators don't have the intestinal fortitude to tackle any real issues, so they're just patronizing voters by bringing this non-issue to the forefront.  It's just an election year sham.

The NFL is only the most successful sports league in the world.  Let them decide how to run their business and let the senators go and f*ck up something else.

"Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred."
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Awesome Kitteh
BigTimeGemmySham

Reply to TheGreatUrameshi13 - Message ID#: 63918419

TheGreatUrameshi13 wrote:

conanwong wrote:

What a bunch of centrally-planned hooey!

The NFL already has a major problem getting butts into stadium seats because it's such a great TV product.  Additionally, the d-bag factor at most NFL stadiums is off the charts, so no one's gonna want to bring their family there.

Furthermore, these senators don't have the intestinal fortitude to tackle any real issues, so they're just patronizing voters by bringing this non-issue to the forefront.  It's just an election year sham.

The NFL is only the most successful sports league in the world.  Let them decide how to run their business and let the senators go and f*ck up something else.

I completely agree. DC needs to leave the NFL alone and let it do what it does best: Continue to be the best professional sports league in the world.

KittehLegend
TheGreatUrameshi13

Reply to BigTimeGemmySham - Message ID#: 63918453

Out of curiosity, I did some checking.  Two of those senators are up for re-election this year.  What a coincidence. :smileyindifferent:

"Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred."
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

KittehHotshot
conanwong

Reply to TheGreatUrameshi13 - Message ID#: 63918547

several news items:

always knew that day was a cheap shot game.

and how the fuuuuuudge did he get acquitted!?

Kittehmortal
Iowa_CubsFan

Reply to conanwong - Message ID#: 63948627

Saints are boned this year.

That is all
#SaveOlympicWrestling
"Bicycles are for communists"-Don Cherry
"But weren't you suppose to lead a glorious revolution to save America for the working people? You'd give all that up for a dame? Worst radical ever."-Slyfoxx2
Evangelion Nerd Club Founder, President, and Five Star General
5 time ASMB Pick em' champion and 2 time Fantasy Sport Champion: 2007 Nascar Champion, 2008 MLB Playoff Champion, 2010 FIFA World Cup Champion and 2010 Nascar Champion 2011 Nascar Champion. As well as 2012 Fantasy Blernsball champion and 2012 Fantasy Football champion.
Kittehmortal
JusticeGundam

Reply to Iowa_CubsFan - Message ID#: 63953989

Are you referring to the bounty controversy or franchising Brees :smileyvery-happy:

How do you not sign him to a long-term deal?

Awesome Kitteh
BigTimeGemmySham

Reply to JusticeGundam - Message ID#: 63956939

Good question. At least they can keep negotiations going by franchising Brees and get him signed to a long-term deal. (That's actually one of the reasons the franchise tag even exists under the CBA.)
Kittehmortal
JusticeGundam

Reply to BigTimeGemmySham - Message ID#: 63956995

I think, unless I am crazy, Brees derserves a long term top quarterback in the league deal. Of course, I am most likely crazy.

Awesome Kitteh
BigTimeGemmySham

Reply to JusticeGundam - Message ID#: 63957019

I don't disagree, but he's 30-something now, right? That's probably what the Saints are concerned about: "What if we give this guy too much money during the downswing of his career?" Does he deserve a top-tier QB contract? Absolutely. Of course, his age might hamper him though. That's it.