Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
SwimIcon
Nyanya
Posts: 11,591
Registered: ‎10-14-2005
0

Re: Oh Rush Limbaugh ...

Reply to stilgar - Message ID#: 63985415


stilgar wrote:

i don't think it was tacky at all or distasteful


Point -  Dragging his daughters into his reasoning behind a political maneuver is tacky and distasteful. No one would have mentioned them to begin with and he could have articulated his position without having done so.

 

Counterpoint - No.

 

*golf clap*

My first novel, Kardia, has now been published! Click here to read!
The Fallen's Chalice - Coming Soon (See the cover first here!)

The Greatest Moment in Anime History
My Little One Piece
Swimmortal
dposse
Posts: 32,732
Registered: ‎12-17-2003

Re: Oh Rush Limbaugh ...

Reply to Jingai - Message ID#: 63985389


Jingai wrote:

4-HBabe wrote:

Gaius_Sextus wrote:

Obama: 'Decent Folks' Don't Call Women Sluts


"The reason that I called Ms. Fluke is I thought about [my daughters] Malia and Sasha, and one of the things I want them to do as they get older is to engage in issues they care about, even ones I may not agree with them on. I want them to be able to speak their mind in a civil, thoughtful way. And I don't want them attacked or called horrible names because they are being good citizens. And I wanted Sandra to know that I thought her parents should be proud of her."

 

Obama added: "We want to send a message to all our young people that being part of democracy involves argument and disagreements and debate, and we want you to be engaged and there's a way to do it that doesn't involve you being demeaned and insulted, particularly when you're a private citizen."

 

 

Way to single out the real heart of the issue and deftly deflect all the fluff and flaming traps reports were trying to tie him up in and focus on what really matters to him as a decent person and as a father. This is exactly why I love our President so much and exactly why his opponents hate him so much.


  I'm disappointed he dragged his daughters into this. That is just tacky honestly, he could have easily

said the same thing without mentioning them. Forget the fact that he called this conference just to try and step

on the GOP "super Tuesday" coverage, that I expect, but to drag his daughters into this by expressly mentioning them

is rather distasteful and frankly, tacky. No one is going to mention them, and he didn't need to, everyone would have

understood his position.

 

 

 

 

 

 


soo, he's tacky for saying he knows what its like to be a father of two girls, and...what would he be in the eyes of republicans if he completely ignored family?

Order of the Owl
Icarus27k
Posts: 28,925
Registered: ‎01-17-2005

Re: Oh Rush Limbaugh ...

Reply to Nyanya - Message ID#: 63985629


Nyanya wrote:

stilgar wrote:

i don't think it was tacky at all or distasteful


Point -  Dragging his daughters into his reasoning behind a political maneuver is tacky and distasteful. No one would have mentioned them to begin with and he could have articulated his position without having done so.

 

Counterpoint - No.

 

*golf clap*


I find that sometimes that counterpoint is the most appropriate of all.

;
SwimIcon
Nyanya
Posts: 11,591
Registered: ‎10-14-2005
0

Re: Oh Rush Limbaugh ...

Reply to Icarus27k - Message ID#: 63986105


Icarus27k wrote:

Nyanya wrote:

stilgar wrote:

i don't think it was tacky at all or distasteful


Point -  Dragging his daughters into his reasoning behind a political maneuver is tacky and distasteful. No one would have mentioned them to begin with and he could have articulated his position without having done so.

 

Counterpoint - No.

 

*golf clap*


I find that sometimes that counterpoint is the most appropriate of all.


Nothing you say surprises me anymore, Icarus.

My first novel, Kardia, has now been published! Click here to read!
The Fallen's Chalice - Coming Soon (See the cover first here!)

The Greatest Moment in Anime History
My Little One Piece
SwimStar
cobrasks
Posts: 5,281
Registered: ‎08-02-2003

Re: Oh Rush Limbaugh ...

[ Edited ]

Reply to Icarus27k - Message ID#: 63908651

I haven't been keeping up with this thread .

 

 

I figured the usual partisan hacks will just say the same crap and if their proven wrong they'll

just go to the personnel attacks or just attack any info sources .

 

 

Have we reached the part yet where people figure out that this woman isn't a kid but a 30 year old activist that only

went to this school just to troll them ?

 

 

 

http://www.lifenews.com/2012/03/05/sandra-fluke-a-self-described-
professional-pro-abortion-activist/

 

 

 

 

 

 

Order of the White Lotus .
Molon Labe !
SwimIcon
rotanalebor
Posts: 10,022
Registered: ‎02-16-2004

Re: Oh Rush Limbaugh ...

[ Edited ]

Reply to cobrasks - Message ID#: 63989005


cobrasks wrote:

[accuses others of being "partisan hacks"]

[links to Drudge]

[silently edits post to change link when called out, pretends "Pro-Life News" is non-partisan]



*facepalm*
yes
SwimHELPeR
chelydra
Posts: 6,857
Registered: ‎04-02-2007

Re: Oh Rush Limbaugh ...

Reply to cobrasks - Message ID#: 63989005

It's a bit early to tell for sure, but it seems that the boycott has backfired on one advertiser.
buuuuuuaaahhhhhahahahahahhahahahahahhaha
Don't put your faith in gods. But you can believe in turtles. - Terry Pratchett
SwimIcon
rotanalebor
Posts: 10,022
Registered: ‎02-16-2004
0

Re: Oh Rush Limbaugh ...

Reply to chelydra - Message ID#: 63989071

I was actually kind of surprised to hear Carbonite had pulled their ads. The only place I have ever been exposed to an ad for Carbonite was on Rush's show.
yes
Order of the Owl
Icarus27k
Posts: 28,925
Registered: ‎01-17-2005
0

Re: Oh Rush Limbaugh ...

Reply to rotanalebor - Message ID#: 63989105

I was kind of surprised to hear Matrix Direct left Limbaugh because they were one company who tried hard to hang onto Glenn Beck's TV show when it had an advertiser boybott going on.

;
Order of the Kitty
Master-Debater131
Posts: 60,838
Registered: ‎06-20-2005

Re: Oh Rush Limbaugh ...

Reply to chelydra - Message ID#: 63989071

That will be a lesson to some of Rushs advertisers to take a second and think before they react to a fake outrage.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ive got a lovely bunch of coconuts

The voices in my head said I need to be nicer. What do they know anyways?
SwimLegend
redsilversnake
Posts: 20,496
Registered: ‎06-06-2005

Re: Oh Rush Limbaugh ...

Reply to Master-Debater131 - Message ID#: 63989617

MD, why do you hate women?

It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

History teaches that it doesn't.
Order of the Owl
Icarus27k
Posts: 28,925
Registered: ‎01-17-2005
0

Re: Oh Rush Limbaugh ...

Reply to chelydra - Message ID#: 63989071


chelydra wrote:
It's a bit early to tell for sure, but it seems that the boycott has backfired on one advertiser.
Sure, that's definately caused by something Limbaugh related. (sarcasm)

 

;
Swimmortal
dposse
Posts: 32,732
Registered: ‎12-17-2003
0

Re: Oh Rush Limbaugh ...

Reply to chelydra - Message ID#: 63989071


chelydra wrote:
It's a bit early to tell for sure, but it seems that the boycott has backfired on one advertiser.


I'm not sure how there's a direct link between the two. That article tries to connect two seperate events, but with no actual proof.

 

*googles the daily caller*

 

ohh, i see. created by mr. bowtie Tucker Carlson and #### Cheney. that makes sense. 

Order of the Owl
Icarus27k
Posts: 28,925
Registered: ‎01-17-2005
0

Re: Oh Rush Limbaugh ...

Reply to Master-Debater131 - Message ID#: 63989617


Master-Debater131 wrote:
That will be a lesson to some of Rushs advertisers to take a second and think before they react to a fake outrage.

That kind of ignores that facts I pointed out earlier, about how major advertisers already avoid political shows and how many of them were surprised to hear their ads were running during his show. (Geico even threatened to remove their ads from the entire Premier Radio Network because stations were found to be violating the company's "no run" rules.)

 

Not only are they not afraid of dropping the show, they had previously told the network not to air their ads during Limbaugh, but the stations did it anyway.

;
Order of the Owl
covered_in_sponges
Posts: 27,868
Registered: ‎07-29-2007

Re: Oh Rush Limbaugh ...

Reply to Icarus27k - Message ID#: 63989727

No, obviosuly they're all just trying to jump on the bandwagon of hateful liberals making fun of Rush.

As soon as the fad of "women's rights" is over they'll all be crawling back to him, because, you know, of all the liberal filth he exposes on a daily basis.
I'd like to thank everyone who participated and voted for an awesome competition.

Second Place- Grave by Kohikki


Third Place- Neon Genesis Evan-DELI-on by Gaynor


Also Third Place- Prophet By BadWitch

Order of the Owl
Icarus27k
Posts: 28,925
Registered: ‎01-17-2005
0

Re: Oh Rush Limbaugh ...

Reply to Master-Debater131 - Message ID#: 63989617

Hilarious.

 

Out of the twenty-one commercials aired during today's The Rush Limbaugh Show on WABC of New York City, the show's flagship station, fourteen were free PSAs from the Ad Council.

 

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201203070008

;
Order of the Owl
Icarus27k
Posts: 28,925
Registered: ‎01-17-2005

Re: Oh Rush Limbaugh ...

Reply to Icarus27k - Message ID#: 63991033

Again, on Limbaugh's flagship NYC station WABC, the first hour of Limbaugh's show ends with a full minute of silence. Limbaugh speaks as if he's throwing to a commercial and then nothing until he comes back on again. Listen:

 

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201203080008

;
SwimLegend
TheGreatUrameshi13
Posts: 23,513
Registered: ‎05-23-2004

Re: Oh Rush Limbaugh ...

Reply to redsilversnake - Message ID#: 63989635

I love how you try to paint MD as a misogynist.  For a multitude of reasons, it is quite hilarious. :smileyvery-happy:

"Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred."
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Order of the Kitty
Saddy
Posts: 101,092
Registered: ‎08-15-2003

Re: Oh Rush Limbaugh ...

Reply to Master-Debater131 - Message ID#: 63989617

fake outrage? i think a lot of people are genuinely disgusted and i think that they should be. what he said was disgusting, not that he doesn't say disgusting crap all the time, but this really took the cake. i don't think people are outraged just because it's rush limbaugh. it would have been just as offensive if someone else had said it. if someone on the street said this crap within earshot, they woulda had a crotch full of my fist.

'cause i'm all yours if you're all mine
i'm a white wh*re driving a white bushcar bought by a black man
SwimLegend
redsilversnake
Posts: 20,496
Registered: ‎06-06-2005
0

Re: Oh Rush Limbaugh ...

Reply to TheGreatUrameshi13 - Message ID#: 64000999


TheGreatUrameshi13 wrote:

I love how you try to paint MD as a misogynist.  For a multitude of reasons, it is quite hilarious. :smileyvery-happy:


Considering he's a total tool who agrees with everything a misogynist party says, I don't see the hilarity of me pointing out that he's being a misogynist.

It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

History teaches that it doesn't.
Reeve
NaBraniel
Posts: 30,210
Registered: ‎11-26-2004

Re: Oh Rush Limbaugh ...

Reply to redsilversnake - Message ID#: 64001573

She.


She's a misogynist.
America's my hometown
Swimmortal
dposse
Posts: 32,732
Registered: ‎12-17-2003
0

Re: Oh Rush Limbaugh ...

Reply to NaBraniel - Message ID#: 64001593

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/07/eric-bolling-obama-sandr
a-fluke_n_1326370.html


New conspiracy theory from Faux News.

"President Obama and his "allies in the press" were "trying to pull a fast one on you," he said. Calling Fluke a "foot soldier" for the White House, he added, "President Obama, on the ropes with the economy and specifically with women voters, gets Mrs. Fluke to create a controversy, and the liberal media puppets play along as scripted.""
Order of the Owl
Icarus27k
Posts: 28,925
Registered: ‎01-17-2005

Re: Oh Rush Limbaugh ...

Reply to dposse - Message ID#: 64002025

Insanity, which was somewhat reflected by ASMB's resident right-leaning poster, Jingai, when he called Fluke an "Obamunist".

;
SwimHotshot
crapshot2
Posts: 9,561
Registered: ‎04-14-2011

Re: Oh Rush Limbaugh ...

[ Edited ]

Reply to Icarus27k - Message ID#: 64002161

so let me get this straight.

 

I can go and call your daughter a #### and that she should put her #### sex tapes online so I can #### to them and it's cool. but if someone says anything about it they are fakeing outrage because they are partisan tools that want the government to shut me down

 

cool beans

 

 

oh and also if I say that I have a daughter and this will effect her then I am a puppet liar who shoud be ashamed of himself. but if I call said daughter a ####, thumbs up!

 

cool means

all hail the crimson king
Order of the Kitty
Saddy
Posts: 101,092
Registered: ‎08-15-2003

Re: Oh Rush Limbaugh ...

Reply to crapshot2 - Message ID#: 64002293

yea. that pretty much seems to be the case. which to me seems kinda crazy, but whatevs.

'cause i'm all yours if you're all mine
i'm a white wh*re driving a white bushcar bought by a black man