Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Swimmortal
ProjectHero

Palestinian Khader Adnan; 65th day hunger strike.

Khader Adnan has not eaten since mid-December when he was arrested by Israeli forces at his West Bank home

Doctors say that after 64 days without food the prisoner is at immediate risk of death.

Israel says he is a security threat. Its high court of justice has scheduled a petitions hearing regarding the case for Thursday.

The group Phsyicians for Human Rights said after visiting him in hospital in Israel that he had lost a third of his body weight and was shackled to his bed.

The 33-year-old baker is being held under what Israeli law calls administrative detention, meaning he can be held without trial or charges indefinitely if he is deemed to be a security threat.

He has been told he will be held for four months, although that could be extended.

Earlier this week thousands of Palestinians rallied in Gaza and the West Bank in support of Mr Adnan, who is widely believed to be a member of the militant group Islamic Jihad. (Though he has not been charged in any of the 8 times he has been accused of this)

The European Union's foreign policy chief, Catherine Ashton, said she was following Mr Adnan's case with great concern.

She said prisoners had the right to be informed of any charges and to be subject to a fair trial.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-17092051

Being held without charges for years and years is a trait of a democratic country right?

Oh Snap!
Swimmortal
ProjectHero

Re: Palestinian Khader Adnan; 65th day hunger stri

Reply to ProjectHero - Message ID#: 63792221

Some more info, according to reports:

Before entering his house, soldiers used the driver that takes Khader’s father to the vegetable market, Mohammad Mustafa, as a human shield by forcing him to knock on the door of the house and call out Khader’s name while blindfolded. A huge force of soldiers then entered the house shouting. Recognizing Khader immediately, they grabbed him violently in front of his two young daughters and ailing mother.

Adnan also claims that he was beaten, the guards made sexual references about wife and mother, insulted Islam and held him in solitary confinement for giving wrong answers in "interrogation that lasts for hours"

Oh Snap!
Swimuminati
stilgar

Reply to ProjectHero - Message ID#: 63792245

Wow, this just makes me mad

Just f*ck already! ~ Tristan Taylor

If someone wants to stick stuff in your poop hole and then gets mad when said poop comes out, well they're just silly...

"I do say commoner, could you drop the filth you are packing and saunter off to get me a spork, before I'm forced to feed you to my mop bucket full of piranha fish!"

Reika is my puppy. She is the most adorable puppy ever.
Roxy_da_Mistress: message received :smileywink:
4-HBabe is all mine! :smileymad:
still me is now in my sig.
LDK_SPARDA makes me blush.
GlitterCupcakes likes to feel special *feels her* Yup, she feels special.

Often I must speak other than I think. That is called diplomacy.

Swimmortal
ProjectHero

[ Edited ]

Why am I not surprised that the usual Israeli apologist aren't responding to this thread? You can ignore this man all you want, but the world will recognize this heroic act against an apartheid state.

Oh Snap!
Swimfamous
TVs_Frank

Reply to ProjectHero - Message ID#: 63793651

Or blinded by his faith. Which'd make him no better than the strict Orthodox Jews in the country causing much of this #### in the first place.
Close Personal Friend Of Al
Swimmortal
ProjectHero

Reply to TVs_Frank - Message ID#: 63793703

What faith? He is a Muslim but he is protesting against Administrative detention, one without charge for months and years on in. Surely if you get arrested and put in prison for years and years with things like getting beaten and humiliated you would at least want a trail of some sort, charges filed against you...anything really.
Oh Snap!
Swimfamous
TVs_Frank

Reply to ProjectHero - Message ID#: 63793839

He went on the hunger strike immediately in mid-December, not after years or months of detention.

I doubt either party here has clean hands, ultimately.
Close Personal Friend Of Al
SwimStar
Gaius_Sextus

ProjectHero wrote:

Khader Adnan has not eaten since mid-December when he was arrested by Israeli forces at his West Bank home

Doctors say that after 64 days without food the prisoner is at immediate risk of death.

Israel says he is a security threat. Its high court of justice has scheduled a petitions hearing regarding the case for Thursday.

The group Phsyicians for Human Rights said after visiting him in hospital in Israel that he had lost a third of his body weight and was shackled to his bed.

The 33-year-old baker is being held under what Israeli law calls administrative detention, meaning he can be held without trial or charges indefinitely if he is deemed to be a security threat.

He has been told he will be held for four months, although that could be extended.

Earlier this week thousands of Palestinians rallied in Gaza and the West Bank in support of Mr Adnan, who is widely believed to be a member of the militant group Islamic Jihad. (Though he has not been charged in any of the 8 times he has been accused of this)

The European Union's foreign policy chief, Catherine Ashton, said she was following Mr Adnan's case with great concern.

She said prisoners had the right to be informed of any charges and to be subject to a fair trial.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-17092051

Being held without charges for years and years is a trait of a democratic country right?

Bradley Manning.

http://www.visembryo.com/

Good men don't need rules. Now is not the time to find out why I have so many.

"Holy Sh!t, Hellhounds!"
"Harry, you know I don't like it when you swear."
"Oh, sorry. I forgot. Holy Sh!t, Heckhounds!"
Swimfamous
Llama_Fly_Aardvark

[ Edited ]

ProjectHero wrote:

taking ourselves as an example, yes.
I BURY THOSE COCKAROACHES.

OHOHOHOHOH YOU THINK THIS IS BABBLE INCOHERENT!! BUT THIS JUST REGULAR BABBLE!! OHOHOHOHOHO
varia elite
Ice_Faerie_Green

Haha. I starved myself for years. This guy is boring.

If I post in it, they will leave.

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. " ~ Mark Twain

.....So Lavendar Soup.......
Swimuminati
stilgar

Reply to Ice_Faerie_Green - Message ID#: 63799769

:smileyindifferent:

If someone wants to stick stuff in your poop hole and then gets mad when said poop comes out, well they're just silly...

"I do say commoner, could you drop the filth you are packing and saunter off to get me a spork, before I'm forced to feed you to my mop bucket full of piranha fish!"

varia elite
Ice_Faerie_Green

Reply to stilgar - Message ID#: 63799791

:smileyhappy:

If I post in it, they will leave.

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. " ~ Mark Twain

.....So Lavendar Soup.......
Order of the Kitty
Master-Debater131

RAWR! JEWS BAD! ISRAEL BAD!

RAWR!!!!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ive got a lovely bunch of coconuts

The voices in my head said I need to be nicer. What do they know anyways?
Swimmortal
westpark

Inb4IsraelvsPalestineissue blows up.

WESTPARK THE KING OF ASMB

"westpark ran a train on this thread" - Stilgar

"Every woman needs a good slap now & again." - Sir Sean Connery
Swimuminati
stilgar

Reply to Master-Debater131 - Message ID#: 63800103

i bet if that guy wasn't a muslim you would be outraged

SwimLegend
GiantMegaDoucheX

ProjectHero wrote:

Sounds about right. Our own country now has similar laws.

Absolutely insane. F*** Israel...we have no business supporting this regime. We're instigating violence and angering the middle east for supporting a country the size of the California bay area.

Swimmortal
ProjectHero

Reply to Master-Debater131 - Message ID#: 63800103

Master-Debater131 wrote:
RAWR! JEWS BAD! ISRAEL BAD!

RAWR!!!!

I like how you had no substantial reply to my last comment on this issue and you have non here too but take it as "JEWS BAD!"

You can take it as a victory even though your argument is nothing but ad hominem and childish.

at least you got a kudo for being a moron.

Oh Snap!
Reeve
NaBraniel

itt : human nature
Muslim brotherhood
Swimmortal
ProjectHero

Reply to NaBraniel - Message ID#: 63804773

Update: Palestinian prisoner ends 66-day hunger strike after Israel guarantees his release

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/palestinian-prisone
r-ends-66-day-hunger-strike-after-i...

Oh Snap!
Reeve
NaBraniel

Reply to ProjectHero - Message ID#: 63804797

:smileyhappy:

As soon as I saw UPDATE in giant font I did not think it would be a pleasant update.

Good on Israel for... avoiding probable violent demonstrations and a PR disaster in this particular case?

I wonder how long a person can survive without food, this guy is a beast at starving.
Muslim brotherhood
Swimmortal
ProjectHero

Reply to NaBraniel - Message ID#: 63804833

I wouldn't say good on Israel. A spokesmen called him a terrorist and it seemed they had a case on him but I guess that isn't true. They didn't really have any evidence against him to put him on actual trial and convict him so they decided to let him go.

Which is a natural thing to do, when you aren't charged or found guilty of any crime you let the person go. B'Tselem, the Israeli Information Centre for Human Rights in the Occupied Territories holds that Israel is holding about 400 prisoners, a couple of minors without charge in prison right now.

A man can survive about 70 days without food, the most famous case of death by hunger strike was probably Bobby Sands who died on his 66th day.
Oh Snap!