Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Order of the Kitty
KnightStar

Re: Santorum: cell phones!

Reply to Icarus27k - Message ID#: 63956849

Rick Santorum, the idiot and chief.

If president I demand that be what everyone around the world call him other than "Hello there Mr. Frothy."

If you look back in technology history, technically the first cellular phone was in use by the United States military in 1940, they were the size of a backpack though and you had to crank them to get enough power to send a transmission back to H.Q with, but yes that was the begining of Cellular Phones.

Rick Santorum, making me stupider every time I read something he has said.......

TOMOE242004
"It is a journey into the male mind, in which I believe is really a potentially funny place cause lets face it, nothing happens there." -Andy Wilman Top Gear Producer-

"What will be will, what won't....won't." -Kamina-

"The only person that ever looked good in a four seated convertible was Adolph Hitler!" -Jeremy Clarkson-

"Ha! Sanity, what would I do with something as useless as that?" "Good thing I never had use for such a thing." -Zaraki Kenpatchi-

"I've never seen a ship like this before. It's far behind any C'tarl-C'tarl ship. It won't move unless you're naked! That's very kinky, wouldn't you say? -Aisha Clanclan-

"Well it was the least I could do for you, actually the least I could have done was run away and stick my head in a gopher hole." -Griffin Kato-

"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people." -Harry McDougal-

SwimHELPeR
wickedlady4180

I didn't know what a cell phone was until 1998...

So yeah, he's right in a sense.
Tim & EricATHFH.MoviesBrakSGC2COblongsFamily.GBirdmanSealabVentureBebopS.JailMetalInuyasha12ozD.Note
[ プリクラ ] [ »»───(knee)───► ] [ Official H.E.L.P.e.R of the T&E/FG/CIO folders ]
Order of the Kitty
KnightStar

Reply to wickedlady4180 - Message ID#: 63958779

wickedlady4180 wrote:
I didn't know what a cell phone was until 1998...

So yeah, he's right in a sense.

I didn't have a cell phone till 2008, but that makes him no less of an idiot.

He doesn't have a leg to stand on!

Why did he say that if the government would have taken over the technology sector that nobody would have ever seen a cell phone?

Is he trying to say in some deluded sense that Obama has taken over the technology sector of the economy and is on purpose repressing technological development?

If so the man is a utter loon, Mr. Puritanical belief system! If Santorum had his way women wouldn't be able to get an abortion if her life literally depended on it.

Barefoot and pregnant would still be a way of life, and yeah I guarantee if he was president that we wouldn't have any form of technology, because technology leads to learning and learning is a curse to bible thumping loonies like Rick Santorum

TOMOE242004
"It is a journey into the male mind, in which I believe is really a potentially funny place cause lets face it, nothing happens there." -Andy Wilman Top Gear Producer-

"What will be will, what won't....won't." -Kamina-

"The only person that ever looked good in a four seated convertible was Adolph Hitler!" -Jeremy Clarkson-

"Ha! Sanity, what would I do with something as useless as that?" "Good thing I never had use for such a thing." -Zaraki Kenpatchi-

"I've never seen a ship like this before. It's far behind any C'tarl-C'tarl ship. It won't move unless you're naked! That's very kinky, wouldn't you say? -Aisha Clanclan-

"Well it was the least I could do for you, actually the least I could have done was run away and stick my head in a gopher hole." -Griffin Kato-

"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people." -Harry McDougal-

Order of the Owl
FieryDoom

why is this even newsworthy? the guy's an idiot.

the People's Republic of Venturethe Forum | the Site | the WiKi | the Twitter

The-Big-Steamy-Thing wrote:
Somebody should put up Stop signs in the ocean. That way the sharks would see them, stop and then die.

SwimSuperfan
FussyMcFusserson

Reply to FieryDoom - Message ID#: 63958945

FieryDoom wrote:

why is this even newsworthy? the guy's an idiot.

It's newsworthy because of the insane stupid ignorance of this man who's running for president, that's why. It's scary that he's as popular as he is.

" . . . And sometimes when you fall, you fly."
SwimHELPeR
wickedlady4180

Reply to KnightStar - Message ID#: 63958903

KnightStar wrote:
Why did he say that if the government would have taken over the technology sector that nobody would have ever seen a cell phone?

Is he trying to say in some deluded sense that Obama has taken over the technology sector of the economy and is on purpose repressing technological development?

The tense "would have" would suggest that he's talking about government 20 years ago, so no I assume Obama would have nothing to do with what he's talking about.

Most likely, he's making a comment on how the private sector is better at creating technology and sharing it with society. And I agree, the gov. screws up everything they touch.

Tim & EricATHFH.MoviesBrakSGC2COblongsFamily.GBirdmanSealabVentureBebopS.JailMetalInuyasha12ozD.Note
[ プリクラ ] [ »»───(knee)───► ] [ Official H.E.L.P.e.R of the T&E/FG/CIO folders ]
Piercer of the Heavens
GinaSzanboti

Reply to KnightStar - Message ID#: 63958903

KnightStar wrote:
because technology leads to learning and learning is a curse to bible thumping loonies like Rick Santorum

This is the same man who was offended that the President thinks everyone should have some sort of continuing education or training after high school.  The man who thinks you're an elitist snob if you see universal education as a desirable goal. 

Where does he think all these cutting edge technological advances are supposed to come from for capitalism to exploit?

Madness is not a place one goes, it’s a spider waiting to feel the tremble of the web. -- GuiltyRed
We're all mad here. - The Cheshire Cat
SwimStar
Pero8P

Reply to wickedlady4180 - Message ID#: 63959429

I like your sensibility. People like to pick on frothy cuz he's super christian. But they forget hes also conservative. so he's gotta talk about bureaucratic inefficiency.

What no one talks about is the bureaucracy of large companies like cellphone providers. Or the crazy amounts of money that goes into them, or the government GPS system etc.
"Fear me - Pero8P
Freinds: abby_dooby cereal my gramma markoff_cheney evilknome ryan_plays_flok
SwimHotshot
crapshot2

wickedlady4180 wrote:

KnightStar wrote:

The tense "would have" would suggest that he's talking about government 20 years ago, so no I assume Obama would have nothing to do with what he's talking about.

Most likely, he's making a comment on how the private sector is better at creating technology and sharing it with society. And I agree, the gov. screws up everything they touch.

then you really have no idea about the government.

seriously, no idea.

the private sector really protects the environment and the air I breath and water I drink!!!

all hail the crimson king
SwimSuperfan
FussyMcFusserson

Reply to Pero8P - Message ID#: 63959619

Pero8P wrote:
I like your sensibility. People like to pick on frothy cuz he's super christian. But they forget hes also conservative. so he's gotta talk about bureaucratic inefficiency.

What no one talks about is the bureaucracy of large companies like cellphone providers. Or the crazy amounts of money that goes into them, or the government GPS system etc.

No, people pick on Santorum because he's a #### idiot.

" . . . And sometimes when you fall, you fly."
SwimStar
TheMasterBlaster

wickedlady4180 wrote:

KnightStar wrote:

Santorum makes a frothy mess of everything he touches or makes time go backwards for us all due to his stupidity so, still well Santorum looses.

Swimmortal
railroadengine

Is he aware that cell phones were private sector technology developed and run by the private sector?
fuuuuuudge him.
I'd rather vote for actual Santorum.

©2012. I have seen the writing on The Wall, have you?
My Vash Icon 7/10/06-3/27/08 :smileysad: Railroadengine is a man.
Piercer of the Heavens
GinaSzanboti

Reply to railroadengine - Message ID#: 63960497

Um, that was his point, that if it had been government run instead, he thinks we'd all have pagers.

But hey, our private sector is why we have the best and cheapest cell phone and internet service in the world!  Well, except for the part where we don't.

Madness is not a place one goes, it’s a spider waiting to feel the tremble of the web. -- GuiltyRed
Swimmortal
railroadengine

Reply to GinaSzanboti - Message ID#: 63960735

If I appear to be excessively unintelligent, it's because of listening to people like him.

©2012. I have seen the writing on The Wall, have you?
My Vash Icon 7/10/06-3/27/08 :smileysad: Railroadengine is a man.
Swimportant
Drake6-5

wickedlady4180 wrote:

KnightStar wrote:

Considering the cell phone technology was developed at the behest of the government with government funds the idea that the government inherently disupts and obstructs and creation of technology and sharing it with society, is laughable in fact I'd say both directly and indirectly the U.S. government has facilitated the creation of technology and sharing it with society more than any single private corporation ever has and probably ever will.

"Once you figure out what a joke everything is being the comedian is the only thing that makes sense."
Piercer of the Heavens
GinaSzanboti

Reply to Drake6-5 - Message ID#: 63960797

I can't agree that government screws up everything it touches, but the reason it does screw up a lot is because we keep electing people who say government doesn't work and then proceed to make sure it doesn't.

SwimHotshot
crapshot2

Reply to GinaSzanboti - Message ID#: 63960735

the funniest thing is china has 10g wireless.

oh the irony

all hail the crimson king
Piercer of the Heavens
GinaSzanboti

Reply to crapshot2 - Message ID#: 63961907

I saw a chart that said that Russia now has the most cell phones per person, with more than 1.5 phones each.  And 1.5 is ironically descriptive of the situation as most are working with 2G tech at best.

Swimportant
Drake6-5

Reply to crapshot2 - Message ID#: 63961907

crapshot2 wrote:

oh the irony

What's even funnier is 10G is just the name of their wireless standard and the 10 has nothing to do speed or bandwidth capasity of the network.

"Once you figure out what a joke everything is being the comedian is the only thing that makes sense."
RRRRRR!!
The_Pirate-King

Well, I suppose he's thinking of Ma Bell way back when, and that definitely did stifle innovation but... come on man, cell phones?
ZOUNDS!
SwimHotshot
lunarnoodle

Reply to Pero8P - Message ID#: 63958437

No, by "this guy's insane" I meant Santorum. I don't really care what Packard says. He can be as crazy as he wants to. He's not running for president.

I am completely serious.
SwimStar
Gaius_Sextus

Reply to Drake6-5 - Message ID#: 63964413

Drake6-5 wrote:

crapshot2 wrote:

oh the irony

What's even funnier is 10G is just the name of their wireless standard and the 10 has nothing to do speed or bandwidth capasity of the network.

The same can be said of 4G . . . . .

http://www.visembryo.com/

Good men don't need rules. Now is not the time to find out why I have so many.

"Holy Sh!t, Hellhounds!"
"Harry, you know I don't like it when you swear."
"Oh, sorry. I forgot. Holy Sh!t, Heckhounds!"
Order of the Kitty
MafiaFlood

lolwut
★ ♦ ♥ I'm looking at myself, reflections of my mind. ♥ ♦ ★
:heart: ♥ Komichi, always ♥ :heart:
☆ I have double kudos, so be extra witty. ☆
CLICK THIS
stilgar likes me for my lamia-ness ^,...,^
:robotindifferent:
Order of the Kitty
Glodson

Piercer of the Heavens
GinaSzanboti

Reply to Glodson - Message ID#: 63968809

Things like that make me weep for the stupidity.  These people are politicians - how can they be so oblivious to their image?  If I were running for national office, I wouldn't be caught dead eating a corn dog, hot dog, swirl #### cone, banana, or anything else of the sort.  In fact, I'd probably say, "No way am I eating anything in front of a camera."

And again, it's clear St. Torum does not actually aspire to be President, he just wants the attention and to hear himself speak.  Just look at Stewart's compilation video of his speeches. (I gotta run, I'll leave it to someone else to link that)