Kittehuminati
stilgar

Re: State Agent Deems Child's Lunch "Not Nutr

Reply to 1938_Packard - Message ID#: 63724647

You aren't supposed to mix bleach and ammonia

Just f*ck already! ~ Tristan Taylor

If someone wants to stick stuff in your poop hole and then gets mad when said poop comes out, well they're just silly...

"I do say commoner, could you drop the filth you are packing and saunter off to get me a spork, before I'm forced to feed you to my mop bucket full of piranha fish!"

Reika is my puppy. She is the most adorable puppy ever.
Roxy_da_Mistress: message received :smileywink:
4-HBabe is all mine! :smileymad:
still me is now in my sig.
LDK_SPARDA makes me blush.
GlitterCupcakes likes to feel special *feels her* Yup, she feels special.

Often I must speak other than I think. That is called diplomacy.

KittehStar
1938_Packard

Reply to stilgar - Message ID#: 63724663

stilgar wrote:
You aren't supposed to mix bleach and ammonia

I never do and what does that have to with anything at all here?

Logic dictates, that in the unlikely event that pro - gunners become as violent and destructive as the anti - gunners claim them to be, there would not be a solitary anti - gunner remaining.
Kittehuminati
stilgar

Reply to 1938_Packard - Message ID#: 63724709

You have lost your mind due to the inhalation of toxic fumes

Just f*ck already! ~ Tristan Taylor

If someone wants to stick stuff in your poop hole and then gets mad when said poop comes out, well they're just silly...

"I do say commoner, could you drop the filth you are packing and saunter off to get me a spork, before I'm forced to feed you to my mop bucket full of piranha fish!"

Reika is my puppy. She is the most adorable puppy ever.
Roxy_da_Mistress: message received :smileywink:
4-HBabe is all mine! :smileymad:
still me is now in my sig.
LDK_SPARDA makes me blush.
GlitterCupcakes likes to feel special *feels her* Yup, she feels special.

Often I must speak other than I think. That is called diplomacy.

KittehStar
1938_Packard

Reply to stilgar - Message ID#: 63724999

stilgar wrote:
You have lost your mind due to the inhalation of toxic fumes

Tell that to my boss.

Logic dictates, that in the unlikely event that pro - gunners become as violent and destructive as the anti - gunners claim them to be, there would not be a solitary anti - gunner remaining.
KittehHotshot
crapshot2

Reply to 1938_Packard - Message ID#: 63722379

1938_Packard wrote:

katt_goddess wrote:

Master-Debater131 wrote:
Want to know the more hilarious thing?

Not only did they replace the lunch, but they replaced a lunch that fell under the guidelines that they had set out. And on top of that girl didnt even eat the "healthy" options because she doesnt unless her mom is there.

Dont you love when the government makes your decisions for you? Im sure those "nuggets" were so much more healthy for her. Nothing says healthy like deep-fried chicken!

I really hope the mom sues the #### out of this school.

The mom won't be paying the $1.25 she was charged for the replacement lunch because it was determined that the lunch she had packed was within the guidelines offered. She had a meat, a grain, and two fruit options packed.

This appears less a government intrusion as dumb people in charge not recognizing food categories in the first place. And perhaps a sign that some schools are so desparate for money that they are willing to starve a kid for $1.25.

And just think about that.  This is a precision duplicate of how Obama wants to handle your health care.

it was a conservative state legislature that made this stupid law.

you know, your guys. people like santorum.

all hail the crimson king
KittehStar
1938_Packard

Reply to crapshot2 - Message ID#: 63725267

crapshot2 wrote:

1938_Packard wrote:

katt_goddess wrote:

Master-Debater131 wrote:
Want to know the more hilarious thing?

Not only did they replace the lunch, but they replaced a lunch that fell under the guidelines that they had set out. And on top of that girl didnt even eat the "healthy" options because she doesnt unless her mom is there.

Dont you love when the government makes your decisions for you? Im sure those "nuggets" were so much more healthy for her. Nothing says healthy like deep-fried chicken!

I really hope the mom sues the #### out of this school.

The mom won't be paying the $1.25 she was charged for the replacement lunch because it was determined that the lunch she had packed was within the guidelines offered. She had a meat, a grain, and two fruit options packed.

This appears less a government intrusion as dumb people in charge not recognizing food categories in the first place. And perhaps a sign that some schools are so desparate for money that they are willing to starve a kid for $1.25.

And just think about that.  This is a precision duplicate of how Obama wants to handle your health care.

it was a conservative state legislature that made this stupid law.

you know, your guys. people like santorum.

I'd like to see how that played out.

KittehHotshot
crapshot2

[ Edited ]

Reply to 1938_Packard - Message ID#: 63725359

did you read the article? 

it was a conservative state legislature that made the law and sent the agent. the conservatives made the law, thats how it played out

KittehStar
1938_Packard

Reply to crapshot2 - Message ID#: 63725397

crapshot2 wrote:

it was a conservative state legislature that made the law...

As what?  Was it debated first?  Who originally drafted it?  How many times was it amended before the debate or before the vote and by whom?  What was the exact wording of the original bill before any changes could have been made?  These and more have to be answered before you can tell me who "made" the law.

KittehHotshot
crapshot2

[ Edited ]

Reply to 1938_Packard - Message ID#: 63725483

it doesn't matter because it was made by conservitives.

logic. it's what happens when you just don't make #### up

Order of the Kitty
Saddy

Reply to 1938_Packard - Message ID#: 63725483

1938_Packard wrote:

crapshot2 wrote:

As what?  Was it debated first?  Who originally drafted it?  How many times was it amended before the debate or before the vote and by whom?  What was the exact wording of the original bill before any changes could have been made?  These and more have to be answered before you can tell me who "made" the law.

i love how you ask others to provide all sorts of actual proof when they make a statement, yet you feel that all that's required of you when you're asked to do the same is some anecdotes.
KittehHotshot
crapshot2

Reply to Saddy - Message ID#: 63725511

I think we should all just start making #### up when talking to kenworth. really fuuuuuudge with his mind

KittehHotshot
Josey

Reply to crapshot2 - Message ID#: 63725397

crapshot2 wrote:

it was a conservative state legislature that made the law and sent the agent. the conservatives made the law, thats how it played out

It doesn't say anything about conservatives making the law, North Carolina's house of representatives is made up of 52 Democrats and 68 Republicans. The bill setting standards passed with 115 votes, which meant there was pretty much a consensus of Democrats and Republicans voting for it.

The intention of the bill was good, there is definitely an issue when parents are sending their kids to school with Twinkies and AMP for lunch, but enforcing it is another issue, especially considering that healthy food can be expensive and the number of ignorant parents who don't see the link between unhealthy childhood eating and obesity or diabetes. It ought to be mandatory for parents to be educated on these sort of things when they enroll their kids in school. Having a lunch police is just a bit silly, considering what schools pass off as "nutritious."

Take my political philosophy quiz! | Candiru? No can do. | Current events discussion and other nonsense
Order of the Kitty
Saddy

Reply to crapshot2 - Message ID#: 63725515

it doesn't matter cause he thinks we're making it up anyways. XD
KittehStar
1938_Packard

Reply to Saddy - Message ID#: 63725511

Saddy wrote:

1938_Packard wrote:

crapshot2 wrote:

i love how you ask others to provide all sorts of actual proof when they make a statement, yet you feel that all that's required of you when you're asked to do the same is some anecdotes.

Just turning the tables on you.  I'm sure you weren't on the state house floor when the bill got passed, so you couldn't possibly know who passed it or how.

KittehHotshot
crapshot2

[ Edited ]

Reply to 1938_Packard - Message ID#: 63725523

ya.... it's not like there are ways of finding that out.

oh look josey found out, he is a time and space magician!!

KittehHotshot
Josey

[ Edited ]

Reply to crapshot2 - Message ID#: 63725529

crapshot2 wrote:

oh look josey found out, he is a time and space magician!!

I gave up my genitals in exchange for my magic powers. Please refer to me as "it."

Take my political philosophy quiz! | Candiru? No can do. | Current events discussion and other nonsense
Order of the Kitty
Saddy

Reply to 1938_Packard - Message ID#: 63725523

1938_Packard wrote:

Saddy wrote:

1938_Packard wrote:

crapshot2 wrote:

Just turning the tables on you.  I'm sure you weren't on the state house floor when the bill got passed, so you couldn't possibly know who passed it or how.

you aren't turning any tables. people provide you with actual links all the time, you just deny them or don't read them. when you make a statement that you are asked to prove, with actual evidence, you NEVER do. instead you give us some anecdote that you somehow thinks qualifies as "evidence" that proves your case. it doesn't. as for me being on the state house floor, lol um, i'm not the one talking about who passed the law, that's someone else. i don't care if they were democrat or republican. the law isn't the issue, it is how it is being carried out by idiotic people who don't know what does and doesn't qualify as healthy food.
KittehHotshot
Josey

Reply to Saddy - Message ID#: 63725539

Saddy wrote:
i don't care if they were democrat or republican. the law isn't the issue, it is how it is being carried out by idiotic people who don't know what does and doesn't qualify as healthy food.

Especially when they claim meat is a "must" considering the number of vegetarian and vegan parents out there now who are raising healthy kids too.

Order of the Kitty
Saddy

Reply to Josey - Message ID#: 63725557

yea seriously. i have friends who are vegan and they would have been horrified and absolutely [and rightfully] livid if this had happened to their child.
KittehHotshot
Josey

Reply to Saddy - Message ID#: 63725611

If only people would put as much effort into education on healthful eating as they do fighting evolution, to keeping "one nation under God" and or to bury the fact the Founding Fathers were slaveowners ...

KittehStar
1938_Packard

Reply to Saddy - Message ID#: 63725539

Saddy wrote:

1938_Packard wrote:

Saddy wrote:

1938_Packard wrote:

crapshot2 wrote:

you aren't turning any tables. people provide you with actual links all the time, you just deny them or don't read them. when you make a statement that you are asked to prove, with actual evidence, you NEVER do. instead you give us some anecdote that you somehow thinks qualifies as "evidence" that proves your case. it doesn't. as for me being on the state house floor, lol um, i'm not the one talking about who passed the law, that's someone else. i don't care if they were democrat or republican. the law isn't the issue, it is how it is being carried out by idiotic people who don't know what does and doesn't qualify as healthy food.

Actual links to prepackaged bullpucky.

What you mention in the rest is nothing but how most laws get carried out.  Gov makes a law and puts morons and lunatics in charge of enforcement.  That's how we end up with crippled old ladies in wheel chairs getting their Depend garments torn off and sniffed by perverts at the airport.  Welcome to New America.  See, the people who make the law, either Republican or Democrat, are so far detatched from any part of reality that they never consider any of the probable consequences of such laws.  And whether some legislator has labeled himself a Rep or Dem isn't iportant at all because it's his/her actions, not the label that makes a conservative or liberal.

KittehIcon
rotanalebor

Reply to Astromang - Message ID#: 63719053

Don't you ever get tired of being repeatedly rolled by right-wing liars?

1. the child didn't have her sack lunch taken away
2. the child was given a second lunch for free only because her sack lunch lacked a vegetable serving
3. the only reason the child got the second lunch is because her mom opted-in to a healthy eating program offered by the school
4. the only reason the school offers the healthy eating program is because the school opted into a state program
5. the only reason the mother complained is because she incorrectly though she would be charged for the lunch

To summarize: no one at any level was forced to do anything and there was no actual harm done to anyone.
yes
KittehHotshot
crapshot2

Reply to 1938_Packard - Message ID#: 63726281

1938_Packard wrote:

What you mention in the rest is nothing but how most laws get carried out.  Gov makes a law and puts morons and lunatics in charge of enforcement.  That's how we end up with crippled old ladies in wheel chairs getting their Depend garments torn off and sniffed by perverts at the airport.  Welcome to New America.

do you actually know anyone in real life besides your famely? oh and that one guy with all the books. do you really think everyone outside of your door is some kind of retarded perverted freak with no self control?

MasterKitteh
katt_goddess

Reply to 1938_Packard - Message ID#: 63722379

1938_Packard wrote:

I'm pretty sure Obama knows the difference between a turkey sandwich and junk food. Hell, I would even give Bush enough credit to know the difference because turkey sandwiches are not exactly brain surgery by any definition of the term. Some of the Secret Service, maybe not so much but ever since the 80's they've been trained to consider food as potential assassin material. I blame pretzels.

Would you like to hear a rather truncated story about the health care broo-hah-hah as seen first hand? As part of things, there was to be an affordable government alternative with all this reform. It would have provided direct competition to the insurance companies which would have forced a good large chunk of these bloated corporations into actually doing what they are supposed to have been doing since the start of insurance - provide peace of mind to those policy holders in need of that peace of mind rather than line their own pockets. No company is going to allow someone to cut their profit margain without a fight. Enter the Tea Party. Great idea - ordinary people sick of being stepped on and demanding a voice that is of the people rather than of the career politions. Hell yeah, you would be against that. I frickin' pulled a Tea Party in college because the usual reps were pinheads - put a rabbit on the ballot to prove a point. Too bad the Tea Party can be bought even if they didn't realize it at first. There was a local Tea Party rally to scream against the horrors of the public option. Would you like to know where the money came from to fund this rally when it was followed backwards? Someone with amazing pockets who just so happened to be connected to Blue Cross / Blue Shield - the ONLY health insurance in the city / area / state. All this reactive crap across the country and the public option ended up getting pretty much pulled. And now the bitching isn't as funded as it used to be because the insurance companies are going to win no matter what happens - either it passes and everyone has to buy insurance [cha-ching!] or it doesn't pass and any reforms that could have been shrivel on the vine [cha-ching!] .

This crap is political but I think you're aimming in the wrong direction. You'll need to drop the .45 and load up with bird shot. You might actually hit the ones responsible that way.

Current Bump Thread : "Dear [adult swim] - Fight The Twits Edition " thread & posting normal on boards and Bump Builder.
It's an Unholy Communion! Honest! Check it out at 8 min in...Wanna join the 'Unholy Communion' yourself? Hit us up... [SHOTTS #8]
Will Kill Threads For Food...HELPeR for Code Geass, Robot Chicken, and ThunderCats - come on over and wow me sometime...
Robot Chicken Project is now officially go - Season [1], [2], [3], [4], [5], [6], [7] [SW1], [SW2][SW3], [RC:smileyvery-happy:C].

Currently reading : [asmb] BotM...a year's backlog of Shonen Jumps...
thumbslave to Rakshata the kitten - DethKlok Roadie #541-C :smileyvery-happy:
Honorary Snarky Bitch of the [asmb] ...

This is what the hole in my soul looks like...
MasterKitteh
katt_goddess

Reply to Josey - Message ID#: 63725557

Josey wrote:

Especially when they claim meat is a "must" considering the number of vegetarian and vegan parents out there now who are raising healthy kids too.

Yeah, that's an off-point. They would have been better off using the word "protein" instead of "meat" in the requirements. And considering the issues this has already seemed to cause, a solid list of what is considered an acceptable form of protein so no one gets their humus in a bunch.

Current Bump Thread : "Dear [adult swim] - Fight The Twits Edition " thread & posting normal on boards and Bump Builder.
It's an Unholy Communion! Honest! Check it out at 8 min in...Wanna join the 'Unholy Communion' yourself? Hit us up... [SHOTTS #8]
Will Kill Threads For Food...HELPeR for Code Geass, Robot Chicken, and ThunderCats - come on over and wow me sometime...
Robot Chicken Project is now officially go - Season [1], [2], [3], [4], [5], [6], [7] [SW1], [SW2][SW3], [RC:smileyvery-happy:C].

Currently reading : [asmb] BotM...a year's backlog of Shonen Jumps...
thumbslave to Rakshata the kitten - DethKlok Roadie #541-C :smileyvery-happy:
Honorary Snarky Bitch of the [asmb] ...

This is what the hole in my soul looks like...