Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
varia elite
Ice_Faerie_Green
Posts: 12,062
Registered: ‎02-16-2010

Re: Why are fat people... Fat? Did it sneak up on

Reply to Pinkfrog - Message ID#: 63701035

I'm done here. We live in America, and if I want to eat 20 Big Macs a day (not that I think that's humanly possible :smileyvery-happy:), it's my decision. . . not yours or the gov'ts.

 

You need to question why you have an issue with overweight people, sweetheart.


If I post in it, they will leave.

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. " ~ Mark Twain


.....So Lavendar Soup.......
Order of the Owl
Pinkfrog
Posts: 26,640
Registered: ‎09-03-2003
0

Re: Why are fat people... Fat? Did it sneak up on

Reply to Ice_Faerie_Green - Message ID#: 63701099

Lunch is over lol
but be assured i will be back to adress this.... oh god you are funny
SwimHotshot
lunarnoodle
Posts: 9,160
Registered: ‎06-23-2003

Re: Why are fat people... Fat? Did it sneak up on

[ Edited ]

Reply to Pinkfrog - Message ID#: 63700605

No, weight gain doesn't sneak up on ppl, it happens pretty fuuuuuudgein fast in a lot of cases. The thing a lot of ppl forget is that it is a lot easier to gain than to lose. Weight takes a long time to come off.
And when it does, it is difficult to keep off because your body wants to put it back.

And I don't know how severe your thyroiditis is, but it seems like you would be more sympathetic to the unique problems that come with that condition.
I have autoimmune thyroiditis, which means my body decided one day that organ didn't belong and started to attack it and kill it.
I am on near total hormone replacement at this point. Which means that every single day I have to take pills to supply the hormones my body no longer makes. And your thyroid doesn't just control weight, it has a hand in regulating every system in your body. So when it is not working properly it creates a lot of problems.

If your dose is not regulated properly, you will gain or lose weight, depending on your body's reaction. There are times where you think your dose is regulated but then you notice a few more lbs despite eating less, so you know you are off and need to get checked. It requires you to pay much more attention to caloric intake vs. calories burned than one would normally have to do.

Over or under treatment also causes syptoms like extreme fatigue and fibromyalgia, so that one workout can cause extreme soreness and your body takes longer to recover.

So while I do agree that thyroiditis is not an excuse for obesity, I also think that ppl judge those who have it much too harshly without knowing exactly what it does to the body.
Your mischaracterization when you have the disease is particularly disturbing. I can only guess your condition is not very severe.
I am completely serious.
Order of the Kitty
Saddy
Posts: 101,065
Registered: ‎08-15-2003
0

Re: Why are fat people... Fat? Did it sneak up on

Reply to Pinkfrog - Message ID#: 63700993


Pinkfrog wrote:
Who am i passing judgment upon exactly though saddy?

Fat people who have the option to not be fat and have less health problems?

Yea what an #### I am.
Do you feel the same about First Lady Obama is she wrong as well?
http://articles.philly.com/2012-02-12/news/31052458_1_campaign-ag
ainst-childhood-obesity-michelle-ob...


You are so quck to make judgements you saddy on topics like abortion and if you honestly think bashing people isnt counter productive maybe some people should take that to heart because when i look at the first page of this folder lol yea look at the topics and what is said..

Obesity on the otherhand isnt totally but it is within our controll "if" we choose to adress it.


you're passing judgment on people you don't fucking know, that's who. and who the hell do i pass judgment on regarding abortion? mmmmyea, no one. in fact, it's quite the opposite. i have said countless times that i don't care if someone is pro-life, what i do care about is when those people think that they have the right to force their beliefs on others. and AGAIN, you are assuming to know why people are overweight. you don't know just by looking at someone. you can't assume just because someone is eating a big mac that that is why they are overweight. i know plenty of thin people who eat horribly and i know plenty of heavy people who eat incredibly healthy. weight is not just about diet and you are assuming that it is. there is so much more to it than just what a person is putting into their mouths and you refuse to acknowledge that.

'cause i'm all yours if you're all mine
i'm a white wh*re driving a white bushcar bought by a black man
Order of the Kitty
Saddy
Posts: 101,065
Registered: ‎08-15-2003

Re: Why are fat people... Fat? Did it sneak up on

Reply to Pinkfrog - Message ID#: 63701035


Pinkfrog wrote:
See sweetheart i'm not perfect and i dont always exercise self control
I have my own share of problems yet I manage to overcome it simply by watching what i eat and working out when i can.

I mean it isnt some kind of state held secret on how to not get fat right?
No where have i said some people do not have controll have I?
You had anorexia
Did you have controll over that? I'm going to assume no not till you got treatment.

How is that the same as people who are born healthy then choose to get fat?

Should smokers or people who drink.. Should they pay more for their healthcare because of the choices they made?


and yet again, ASSUMPTIONS, ASSUMPTIONS, ASSUMPTIONS!!! just because that is how YOU watch your weight doesn't mean that that is a solution for everyone. you ASSUME that people choose to be fat. overeating is an eating disorder, no different than bulemia or anorexia. the same psychological issues that cause someone to not eat, can also cause a person to over eat. why do you not get that?

'cause i'm all yours if you're all mine
i'm a white wh*re driving a white bushcar bought by a black man
Order of the Owl
scoobdog
Posts: 29,582
Registered: ‎09-13-2003

Re: Why are fat people... Fat? Did it sneak up on

Reply to Pinkfrog - Message ID#: 63700605

Saddy already said it, but I want to elaborate. The fact is, obesity is only one aspect of a much larger issue that is not dependent on appearances. There are fare more "unhealthy" people out there than just the obese, and you can't see them just by looking. It also has only a little bit to do with calorie count.

Instead of preaching "reduced calories" you should be preaching "make those calories count." Getting your calories from unprocessed food sources and cutting back on meat is far more important, even with exercise, than just simply eating less.
SwimHipster
lillhammer78
Posts: 1,163
Registered: ‎11-08-2004
0

Re: Why are fat people... Fat? Did it sneak up on

Reply to Pinkfrog - Message ID#: 63700605

Most fat people are in denial about how bad they are. I been fat my whole life except between ages 15 -18 and I power dieted my way from 250 to a respectable 140 which was about right for my stout frame. Then in adulthood I steadily and slowly gained weight. My highest weight was about 230 when I decided enough was enough and so far it's been going great. I'm wayyyy ahead of schedule on my weight loss goals, my stomach shrank, I don't break a sweat so easily, my postures improved, I have more energy and I don't avoid mirrors anymore.

 

Why are people fat? Well why are people alcoholics? Why do people smoke cigarettes? Why are people drug addicts? Why do people sit on the internet all day? It's called addiction. Any one of these are detrimental to mental and physical health but yet it's only the fatties who get targeted for ridicule. I feel nothing but pity for morbidly obese people because I know that they know they need help. Unless I see them riding a rascal or a store provided scooter, then I get all :smileymad:

Be thankful we are not getting all the government we're paying for. -Will Rodgers
Swimfamous
TheAltsAlternateAlt
Posts: 17,677
Registered: ‎05-22-2006
0

Re: Why are fat people... Fat? Did it sneak up on

Reply to Saddy - Message ID#: 63700763


Saddy wrote:
if i saw you on the street i wouldn't know anything about you, why would it be fair for me to make assumptions about you or your life based just on what i saw?

no self respecting american citizen would neglect the opportunity to make unfounded assumptions based on physical appearance.

All I know is...it's your fault. ~ GinaSzanboti

\m/ d[=_=]b \m/
Order of the Kitty
Saddy
Posts: 101,065
Registered: ‎08-15-2003

Re: Why are fat people... Fat? Did it sneak up on

Reply to TheAltsAlternateAlt - Message ID#: 63701453


TheAltsAlternateAlt wrote:

Saddy wrote:
if i saw you on the street i wouldn't know anything about you, why would it be fair for me to make assumptions about you or your life based just on what i saw?

no self respecting american citizen would neglect the opportunity to make unfounded assumptions based on physical appearance.




clearly i'm a commie. clearly.

'cause i'm all yours if you're all mine
i'm a white wh*re driving a white bushcar bought by a black man
Swimfamous
TheAltsAlternateAlt
Posts: 17,677
Registered: ‎05-22-2006
0

Re: Why are fat people... Fat? Did it sneak up on

Reply to Saddy - Message ID#: 63701473

*shakes head in disgust*
All I know is...it's your fault. ~ GinaSzanboti

\m/ d[=_=]b \m/
Order of the Kitty
Glodson
Posts: 74,436
Registered: ‎07-13-2003

Re: Why are fat people... Fat? Did it sneak up on

Reply to lunarnoodle - Message ID#: 63701143

Why must you people bring facts into this?!
SwimHELPeR
DoomsDayDevice
Posts: 12,319
Registered: ‎05-23-2008

Re: Why are fat people... Fat? Did it sneak up on

Reply to Pinkfrog - Message ID#: 63700691

One of the main problem is that society has come to believe that the portions we get at any restaurant are regular food portions. You see the McDonald's ads and everyone in them is a skinny, good looking, All American Joe Blow or Jane Blow and that's what you are shown since the day you're born, that all these perfectly fine and fit people eat at mcdonald's and that you should be able to do it, too. Same thing ith coke, when is the last time you ever saw some over weight slob drinking a coke in a coke commercial? And the thing is that all coke is is sugar water. For millions of years our ancestors drank water, there wasn't such a thing as sugar water on a regular basis, and the few times they did get a coconut or some other sweet water like it, was a few times a year. Now everyone thinks drinking sugar every meal is a normal thing, but, hey neither is eating meat on a regular basis.

 

One of the other problems we have is the abundance of food we produce and how cheap it is to get it from point A to point B and the subsisdies involved in growing corn and wheat. I mean, how many things you eat on a daily basis do you think contain ingredients from either corn or wheat? So hey, restaurants are going to fill your plate up with cheap food because they want your business and they figure the more food they give you the more you will want to buy food from them because it's a better deal. Sure, your health is going to go down the toilet in the long run, but who cares as long as their stock price goes up? and guess what!? Stock prices for big pharma go up to, so it's a win-win for all the corporations, so everyone's happy!

IMMA RAIN HOT DOOM DOWN UPON YOU!


Visit The Pillow Fort


You're dead to me.

SwimIcon
Tempty_McHotstuff
Posts: 10,488
Registered: ‎03-25-2007
0

Re: Why are fat people... Fat? Did it sneak up on

Reply to DoomsDayDevice - Message ID#: 63701743

doomy, mcdonalds and coke taste like crap. :catmad:

 

sushi > crap.

♡❤♡❤♡
Together Forever
Order of the Owl
Pinkfrog
Posts: 26,640
Registered: ‎09-03-2003
0

Re: Why are fat people... Fat? Did it sneak up on

Reply to lunarnoodle - Message ID#: 63701143

Bast how quickly would you say is pretty fudgen fast?

A week?

A month?

How much weight can the average person working gain in a week?

 

The thing is no where do i disagree with you that there can be other factors or reasons as to why someone is obese.

If I do please point it out because I was wrong.

 

I understand if someone has a thyroid problem or other problems they were BORN with or devlop over no controll of their own.

 

That said how many people are there in america?

Roughly 308 million http://2010.census.gov/2010census/data/

 

Now bast of the population that does not have a disease would you say that maybe. Just maybe we have more people who are overweight and do have controll over it or there are more people who do not have controll over it and are overweight?

 

Also The CDC agrees 

http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/causes/index.html

Yes there are many reasons that can cause obesity but they do not outweigh.. see what i did there.. the number of people who are outright fatties.

 

http://www.helpcurechildobesity.com/

Childhood obesity is a problem

Acting like it is not a problem seems like putting lead in the pipes and saying meh its just eaiser.. Even after you see the health results of such actions.

My problem isnt with the minority who do not have controll over their weight

Its with the majiority who do and choose not to.

 

Swimfamous
Llama_Fly_Aardvark
Posts: 15,131
Registered: ‎06-17-2006
0

Re: Why are fat people... Fat? Did it sneak up on

Reply to Pinkfrog - Message ID#: 63701035

pinkfrog how is the extent to which a person has control over their eating habits not comparable to the extent to which they have control over their self-image re: anorexia.
I BURY THOSE COCKAROACHES.

OHOHOHOHOH YOU THINK THIS IS BABBLE INCOHERENT!! BUT THIS JUST REGULAR BABBLE!! OHOHOHOHOHO
Order of the Owl
Pinkfrog
Posts: 26,640
Registered: ‎09-03-2003
0

Re: Why are fat people... Fat? Did it sneak up on

Reply to Saddy - Message ID#: 63701217

You want to talk about assumptions saddy?

 

Please show me where I said that everyone chooses to be fat?

<<

>>

Hmm not there or over there

The thing is I do get that saddy. I understand it because i have personally experenced it. Do you want me to quote my self where I already said that on the last page?

My fight isnt with people who have no controll over it

It is with the people who think being lethargic with the problem is some kind of solution or even worse.. should be aplauded as not judgeing people on apearences which you do all the time lol everyone does its why we have fukin eyeballs lol.. Its why we see color http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_communication

 

If you have no control over it fine but most people do have controll over it and most parents have controll over what their children eat.

http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/2010/05/childhood_obesity_
epidemic.html

I can quote a bunch of articles but so what

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/01/07/eveningnews/main6069163
.shtml

It isnt like I am makeing this stuff up right?

http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/GettingHealthy/Overweight-in-Childr
en_UCM_304054_Article.jsp
#

It is a problem

And you dont solve problems by acting like they are not there

 

Order of the Kitty
Saddy
Posts: 101,065
Registered: ‎08-15-2003

Re: Why are fat people... Fat? Did it sneak up on

Reply to Pinkfrog - Message ID#: 63702011

you keep saying that you understand that there are reasons other than overeating that can make a person obese, yet you feel comfortable judging people. how does that work exactly. if you know that there are other reasons that contribute to obesity then how can you keep trying to justify judging people based on appearance alone? it doesn't make any sense. i'm really tired of the "everyone does it" line of bull####. are you in control of your mind and thoughts? then you are in control of the judgments you make. if you look at someone and make assumptions about them then you should probably work on that. not everyone does it. i don't because it's stupid and presumptuous and did i mention stupid?

'cause i'm all yours if you're all mine
i'm a white wh*re driving a white bushcar bought by a black man
Order of the Owl
scoobdog
Posts: 29,582
Registered: ‎09-13-2003

Re: Why are fat people... Fat? Did it sneak up on

Reply to Pinkfrog - Message ID#: 63701937

Your pointing to one symptom and making a false equivocation for a much larger issue. Pointing to one indicator and saying "See? We have a problem" not only adversely affects people who may not be unhealthy despite their weight, it also lulls those who don't outwardly display weight problems into thinking they don't have a health issue.

You're trying so hard to make a point that you're neglecting the issue itself.
Swimuminati
stilgar
Posts: 118,211
Registered: ‎07-19-2003

Re: Why are fat people... Fat? Did it sneak up on

Reply to Tempty_McHotstuff - Message ID#: 63701789

i love you


Just f*ck already! ~ Tristan Taylor


If someone wants to stick stuff in your poop hole and then gets mad when said poop comes out, well they're just silly...

"I do say commoner, could you drop the filth you are packing and saunter off to get me a spork, before I'm forced to feed you to my mop bucket full of piranha fish!"


Reika is my puppy. She is the most adorable puppy ever.
Roxy_da_Mistress: message received :smileywink:
4-HBabe is all mine! :smileymad:
still me is now in my sig.
LDK_SPARDA makes me blush.
GlitterCupcakes likes to feel special *feels her* Yup, she feels special.




Often I must speak other than I think. That is called diplomacy.


Order of the Owl
Pinkfrog
Posts: 26,640
Registered: ‎09-03-2003
0

Re: Why are fat people... Fat? Did it sneak up on

Reply to Saddy - Message ID#: 63702081

I dono the same way you justify makeing fun of astro or packard or when you make snarky comments. Your tired of the evryone does it line of bullsheet?
Then you follow up with the question

Am I in cntrol of my own mind and thoughts?
Well saddy
Yes for the most part I am whats your view on that subject?

If I look at someone.. anyone and make an assumption about them... I should work on that hunh?
Yay science?
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/12/091210130000.htm
Justify it anyway you like
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physiognomy
Your wrong
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/personality-disorders/DS00562/DS
ECTION=symptoms

Because many disorders are characterized by visual means
Swimuminati
stilgar
Posts: 118,211
Registered: ‎07-19-2003

Re: Why are fat people... Fat? Did it sneak up on

Reply to Pinkfrog - Message ID#: 63702175

we make fun of astro and pakard because they are clowns


Just f*ck already! ~ Tristan Taylor


If someone wants to stick stuff in your poop hole and then gets mad when said poop comes out, well they're just silly...

"I do say commoner, could you drop the filth you are packing and saunter off to get me a spork, before I'm forced to feed you to my mop bucket full of piranha fish!"


Reika is my puppy. She is the most adorable puppy ever.
Roxy_da_Mistress: message received :smileywink:
4-HBabe is all mine! :smileymad:
still me is now in my sig.
LDK_SPARDA makes me blush.
GlitterCupcakes likes to feel special *feels her* Yup, she feels special.




Often I must speak other than I think. That is called diplomacy.


SwimIcon
Tempty_McHotstuff
Posts: 10,488
Registered: ‎03-25-2007
0

Re: Why are fat people... Fat? Did it sneak up on

Reply to stilgar - Message ID#: 63702173

te amo. :3

♡❤♡❤♡
Together Forever
SwimHELPeR
DoomsDayDevice
Posts: 12,319
Registered: ‎05-23-2008
0

Re: Why are fat people... Fat? Did it sneak up on

Reply to Tempty_McHotstuff - Message ID#: 63701789


Tempty_McHotstuff wrote:

doomy, mcdonalds and coke taste like crap. :catmad:

 

sushi > crap.


i know, i know, but everytime i drive by a mcd's the drive thru is packed and it isn't ever not packed.

IMMA RAIN HOT DOOM DOWN UPON YOU!


Visit The Pillow Fort


You're dead to me.

SwimIcon
Tempty_McHotstuff
Posts: 10,488
Registered: ‎03-25-2007
0

Re: Why are fat people... Fat? Did it sneak up on

Reply to DoomsDayDevice - Message ID#: 63702239


DoomsDayDevice wrote:

Tempty_McHotstuff wrote:

doomy, mcdonalds and coke taste like crap. :catmad:

 

sushi > crap.


i know, i know, but everytime i drive by a mcd's the drive thru is packed and it isn't ever not packed.


i really don't understand it. mcdonalds taste like salt balls.

♡❤♡❤♡
Together Forever
SwimHELPeR
DoomsDayDevice
Posts: 12,319
Registered: ‎05-23-2008
0

Re: Why are fat people... Fat? Did it sneak up on

Reply to Tempty_McHotstuff - Message ID#: 63702253


Tempty_McHotstuff wrote:

DoomsDayDevice wrote:

Tempty_McHotstuff wrote:

doomy, mcdonalds and coke taste like crap. :catmad:

 

sushi > crap.


i know, i know, but everytime i drive by a mcd's the drive thru is packed and it isn't ever not packed.


i really don't understand it. mcdonalds taste like salt balls.


yeah, but people love cheap, salty, greasy crap instead of taking the time to make themselves a good meal.

IMMA RAIN HOT DOOM DOWN UPON YOU!


Visit The Pillow Fort


You're dead to me.