Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Creepy Doll
westpark
Posts: 59,269
Registered: ‎10-26-2005
0

"Obama's hurting oil production"

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/energy/article/U-S-oil-output-se
t-to-boom-3345237.php#ixzz1nC5reQK7

 

 

Yeah right:

 

-----

After declining to levels not seen since the 1940s, U.S. crude production began rising again in 2009. Drilling rigs have rushed into the nation's oil fields, suggesting that a surge in domestic crude is on the horizon.

The number of rigs in U.S. oil fields has more than quadrupled in the past three years to 1,272, according to the Baker Hughes rig count. Including those in natural gas fields, the U.S. now has more rigs at work than the entire rest of the world.

“It's staggering,” said Marshall Adkins, who directs energy research for financial services company Raymond James. “If we continue growing anywhere near that pace and keep squeezing demand out of the system, that puts you in a world where we are not importing oil in 10 years.”

-----

 

"Drill here, drill now, drill often."

 

Well you see Sister Sara -- they are you idiot.

WESTPARK THE KING OF ASMB

"westpark ran a train on this thread" - Stilgar

"Every woman needs a good slap now & again." - Sir Sean Connery
Spinning Spider
Tempty_McHotstuff
Posts: 10,488
Registered: ‎03-25-2007
0

Re: "Obama's hurting oil production"

Reply to westpark - Message ID#: 63829699

lawl, sister sara.

 

one day there's not going to be any oil left and we'll have to wear solar panels on our bodies to keep warm.

♡❤♡❤♡
Together Forever
Clan of the Crypt
KnightStar
Posts: 61,002
Registered: ‎07-21-2003

Re: "Obama's hurting oil production"

Reply to westpark - Message ID#: 63829699

Don't try and tell any member of the GOP or Republican voter base that under Obama oil production has increased on a domestic scale they will fly into a fit of denial you cannot fathom.

TOMOE242004
"It is a journey into the male mind, in which I believe is really a potentially funny place cause lets face it, nothing happens there." -Andy Wilman Top Gear Producer-

"What will be will, what won't....won't." -Kamina-

"The only person that ever looked good in a four seated convertible was Adolph Hitler!" -Jeremy Clarkson-

"Ha! Sanity, what would I do with something as useless as that?" "Good thing I never had use for such a thing." -Zaraki Kenpatchi-

"I've never seen a ship like this before. It's far behind any C'tarl-C'tarl ship. It won't move unless you're naked! That's very kinky, wouldn't you say? -Aisha Clanclan-

"Well it was the least I could do for you, actually the least I could have done was run away and stick my head in a gopher hole." -Griffin Kato-

"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people." -Harry McDougal-


Aunt Norma's Urn
Posts: 855
Registered: ‎08-13-2005
0

Re: "Obama's hurting oil production"

Reply to westpark - Message ID#: 63829699

But if Obama had approved the Keystone Pipeline, we'd be swimming in $0.50 gasoline!

Another shocking fact: The United States is now a net exporter of refined oil products.
Clan of the Crypt
KnightStar
Posts: 61,002
Registered: ‎07-21-2003
0

Re: "Obama's hurting oil production"

Reply to YouFailAtLife - Message ID#: 63829831


YouFailAtLife wrote:
But if Obama had approved the Keystone Pipeline, we'd be swimming in $0.50 gasoline!

Another shocking fact: The United States is now a net exporter of refined oil products.


Holy crap I hope that's a joke.

TOMOE242004
"It is a journey into the male mind, in which I believe is really a potentially funny place cause lets face it, nothing happens there." -Andy Wilman Top Gear Producer-

"What will be will, what won't....won't." -Kamina-

"The only person that ever looked good in a four seated convertible was Adolph Hitler!" -Jeremy Clarkson-

"Ha! Sanity, what would I do with something as useless as that?" "Good thing I never had use for such a thing." -Zaraki Kenpatchi-

"I've never seen a ship like this before. It's far behind any C'tarl-C'tarl ship. It won't move unless you're naked! That's very kinky, wouldn't you say? -Aisha Clanclan-

"Well it was the least I could do for you, actually the least I could have done was run away and stick my head in a gopher hole." -Griffin Kato-

"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people." -Harry McDougal-


Vengeful Mummy Curse
stilgar
Posts: 118,211
Registered: ‎07-19-2003

Re: "Obama's hurting oil production"

Reply to Tempty_McHotstuff - Message ID#: 63829707

I'll keep you warm


Just f*ck already! ~ Tristan Taylor


If someone wants to stick stuff in your poop hole and then gets mad when said poop comes out, well they're just silly...

"I do say commoner, could you drop the filth you are packing and saunter off to get me a spork, before I'm forced to feed you to my mop bucket full of piranha fish!"


Reika is my puppy. She is the most adorable puppy ever.
Roxy_da_Mistress: message received :smileywink:
4-HBabe is all mine! :smileymad:
still me is now in my sig.
LDK_SPARDA makes me blush.
GlitterCupcakes likes to feel special *feels her* Yup, she feels special.




Often I must speak other than I think. That is called diplomacy.


Howl of the Hobgoblin
Pinkfrog
Posts: 26,678
Registered: ‎09-03-2003

Re: "Obama's hurting oil production"

Reply to westpark - Message ID#: 63829699

lol

http://biggovernment.com/kmooney/2011/07/20/ten-oil-rigs-have-exi
ted-the-gulf-of-mexico-since-presid...

Ten oil rigs have left the Gulf of Mexico since the Obama Administration imposed a moratorium on deepwater oil and gas drilling in May 2010, according to documentation the Pelican Institute obtained from Sen. David Vitter’s (R-La.) office.

 

You see it is true that there is more drilling going on just not on US oil fields

What your being obvisouly ignorant on is the simple fact that you have to refine what comes out of the ground you know? Turn it from oil to gas or plastic ect.

These

Are the hard numbers

http://205.254.135.24/dnav/pet/pet_pnp_cap1_dcu_nus_a.htm

The facts of the matter you know?

Put what ever spin you like on it what do the numbers say have been happening cince 2008

Let me break it down for you because i know you dont read links with facts in them.

 

Cince 2008 Total Number of Operable Refineries is 145 with 4 on standby do you understand what that means?

NOW in 2012 we have and let me quote the facts again

137 with 11 plants on Idle.

Hummmm what your saying doesnt add up to the factual numbers.. Not to mention that gas prices are up along with electric prices but hey! who am I to call you out for blatently lieing to put a spin on things lol....

 

What is intresting is who's friends made ALOT of money off of the personal moratorium Obama put on drilling

http://tammybruce.com/2010/06/obama-boss-george-soros-ready-to-pr
ofit-from-oil-disaster.html

 

But you know thats a few years old and i know your attention span

So let me break it down even further for you

 

You point out we are exporting more oil than ever right?

Great why arent those jobs in refineing that oil being kept here in the states? Why are we giveing those jobs to someone else and paying them to refine our own oil? Does that make sense?

Here is the kicker

After going on record and saying he was going to create this false crisis with energy prices and that his policies would jack up the prices on energy across the board what does obama go out and do for re election?

Even after all he has said and done one the record his actions on forign policy ect.. What does he do lol..

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/23/us-campaign-obama-gasol
ine-idUSTRE81M0B920120223

 

In subtle and not so subtle ways, Obama, a Democrat, is raising the issue of high prices to promote his own policy priorities and blunt criticism from the men vying to unseat him in the November 6 election.

 

Its amazeing how quickly you fall hook line and sinker for these politics lol.

 

 

 

 

 

Clan of the Crypt
KnightStar
Posts: 61,002
Registered: ‎07-21-2003
0

Re: "Obama's hurting oil production"

Reply to Pinkfrog - Message ID#: 63830031

You must have all those links in your browsers favorites list to whip them out that fast.

TOMOE242004
"It is a journey into the male mind, in which I believe is really a potentially funny place cause lets face it, nothing happens there." -Andy Wilman Top Gear Producer-

"What will be will, what won't....won't." -Kamina-

"The only person that ever looked good in a four seated convertible was Adolph Hitler!" -Jeremy Clarkson-

"Ha! Sanity, what would I do with something as useless as that?" "Good thing I never had use for such a thing." -Zaraki Kenpatchi-

"I've never seen a ship like this before. It's far behind any C'tarl-C'tarl ship. It won't move unless you're naked! That's very kinky, wouldn't you say? -Aisha Clanclan-

"Well it was the least I could do for you, actually the least I could have done was run away and stick my head in a gopher hole." -Griffin Kato-

"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people." -Harry McDougal-


Howl of the Hobgoblin
Pinkfrog
Posts: 26,678
Registered: ‎09-03-2003
0

Re: "Obama's hurting oil production"

Reply to YouFailAtLife - Message ID#: 63829831


YouFailAtLife wrote:
But if Obama had approved the Keystone Pipeline, we'd be swimming in $0.50 gasoline!

Another shocking fact: The United States is now a net exporter of refined oil products.


You see the thing about keystone is simple

It would make us less dependent on forign oil

There is no question about that lets look at some facts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athabasca_oil_sands

It is the second largest oil reserve in the world

It would create thousands of jobs to create the pipeline mantain the pipeline and then thousands more constructing new refineries and then thousands more in perma jobs working in those refineries.

Here is the kicker with keystone

Those jobs would be created in states that need this kind of work the most. Not just the construction but the shipping and other boons the jobs would bring to the local econemies of those southern gulf states.

 

Here is another fukin kicker

If we are exporting more oil than ever... Why is it that we cant refine it our selves? What americans are unwilling to work those jobs? No not at all it is the policies that our president has put into place limiting these kinds of things. So yes of course we have to export to other countries have them refine our own oil then buy it back from them at a higher price..

All the while

Gas prices along with electricity prices are spikeing across the board

No we will never go back to .50 a gallon

 

But pulling #### like we are not is not much more than shooting our selves in the foot

You want jobs? You want infastructure? Here are large projects that would help both areas right now not 10 or 20 years down the road.. These projects would help communites down there right now.. But we ignore that..

 

Aunt Norma's Urn
Posts: 855
Registered: ‎08-13-2005
0

Re: "Obama's hurting oil production"

Reply to KnightStar - Message ID#: 63829951


KnightStar wrote:

YouFailAtLife wrote:
But if Obama had approved the Keystone Pipeline, we'd be swimming in $0.50 gasoline!

Another shocking fact: The United States is now a net exporter of refined oil products.


Holy crap I hope that's a joke.


I hoped the dripping sarcasm could go unexplained, but alas, I'm sure some nutter out there would try to say that.
Howl of the Hobgoblin
Pinkfrog
Posts: 26,678
Registered: ‎09-03-2003
0

Re: "Obama's hurting oil production"

Reply to KnightStar - Message ID#: 63829781


KnightStar wrote:
Don't try and tell any member of the GOP or Republican voter base that under Obama oil production has increased on a domestic scale they will fly into a fit of denial you cannot fathom.


This is the second time in the second thread you have made this comment

I am sorrey if facts hurt your poltical spin on things but the truth speaks for its self.

You should post on topic and stop the off topic flames if you can it is getting annoying

The fact is under obama energy prices across the board are up so pull all the bullsht you like

It doesnt add up to the facts of the situation.

Spinning Spider
rotanalebor
Posts: 10,022
Registered: ‎02-16-2004

Re: "Obama's hurting oil production"

Reply to Pinkfrog - Message ID#: 63830133


Pinkfrog wrote:

You see the thing about keystone is simple

It would make us less dependent on forign oil




Um, last I checked Canada is not actually part of the United States.
yes
Clan of the Crypt
KnightStar
Posts: 61,002
Registered: ‎07-21-2003
0

Re: "Obama's hurting oil production"

Reply to YouFailAtLife - Message ID#: 63830155


YouFailAtLife wrote:

KnightStar wrote:

YouFailAtLife wrote:
But if Obama had approved the Keystone Pipeline, we'd be swimming in $0.50 gasoline!

Another shocking fact: The United States is now a net exporter of refined oil products.


Holy crap I hope that's a joke.


I hoped the dripping sarcasm could go unexplained, but alas, I'm sure some nutter out there would try to say that.

Sorry my Sarcasm sensor is broken today, I figured you were being sarcastic.

TOMOE242004
"It is a journey into the male mind, in which I believe is really a potentially funny place cause lets face it, nothing happens there." -Andy Wilman Top Gear Producer-

"What will be will, what won't....won't." -Kamina-

"The only person that ever looked good in a four seated convertible was Adolph Hitler!" -Jeremy Clarkson-

"Ha! Sanity, what would I do with something as useless as that?" "Good thing I never had use for such a thing." -Zaraki Kenpatchi-

"I've never seen a ship like this before. It's far behind any C'tarl-C'tarl ship. It won't move unless you're naked! That's very kinky, wouldn't you say? -Aisha Clanclan-

"Well it was the least I could do for you, actually the least I could have done was run away and stick my head in a gopher hole." -Griffin Kato-

"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people." -Harry McDougal-


Spinning Spider
rotanalebor
Posts: 10,022
Registered: ‎02-16-2004
0

Re: "Obama's hurting oil production"

Reply to YouFailAtLife - Message ID#: 63829831


YouFailAtLife wrote:
But if Obama had approved the Keystone Pipeline, we'd be swimming in $0.50 gasoline!


And it would create 1,000,000 new jobs!
yes
Clan of the Crypt
KnightStar
Posts: 61,002
Registered: ‎07-21-2003
0

Re: "Obama's hurting oil production"

Reply to Pinkfrog - Message ID#: 63830181


Pinkfrog wrote:

KnightStar wrote:
Don't try and tell any member of the GOP or Republican voter base that under Obama oil production has increased on a domestic scale they will fly into a fit of denial you cannot fathom.


This is the second time in the second thread you have made this comment

I am sorrey if facts hurt your poltical spin on things but the truth speaks for its self.

You should post on topic and stop the off topic flames if you can it is getting annoying

The fact is under obama energy prices across the board are up so pull all the bullsht you like

It doesnt add up to the facts of the situation.


I just don't count multiple sources from deeply biased sites dedicated to pushing the GOP/Republican agenda of destroy Obama even if it destroys the people to be credible.

TOMOE242004
"It is a journey into the male mind, in which I believe is really a potentially funny place cause lets face it, nothing happens there." -Andy Wilman Top Gear Producer-

"What will be will, what won't....won't." -Kamina-

"The only person that ever looked good in a four seated convertible was Adolph Hitler!" -Jeremy Clarkson-

"Ha! Sanity, what would I do with something as useless as that?" "Good thing I never had use for such a thing." -Zaraki Kenpatchi-

"I've never seen a ship like this before. It's far behind any C'tarl-C'tarl ship. It won't move unless you're naked! That's very kinky, wouldn't you say? -Aisha Clanclan-

"Well it was the least I could do for you, actually the least I could have done was run away and stick my head in a gopher hole." -Griffin Kato-

"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people." -Harry McDougal-


Howl of the Hobgoblin
Pinkfrog
Posts: 26,678
Registered: ‎09-03-2003
0

Re: "Obama's hurting oil production"

Reply to rotanalebor - Message ID#: 63830187

Soon... soon they will be brothers in arms along with mexico just not in my lifetime
Wait wtf does this have to do with the facts oops i was wrong they are 3rd...

http://www.energy.alberta.ca/OilSands/791.asp

Alberta ranks third, after Saudi Arabia and Venezuela, in terms of proven global crude oil reserves.
In 2010, Alberta’s total proven oil reserves were 170.8 billion barrels, or about 12% of total global oil reserves (1,469.6 billion barrels).
Almost all of Alberta’s proven oil reserves are found in Alberta's oil sands. Of Alberta's total oil reserves 169.3 billion barrels, or about 99% come from the oil sands; and the remaining 1.5 billion barrels come from conventional crude oil. Notably, Alberta accounts for an overwhelming majority (more than 96%) of Canada's oil reserves.
In 2010, Alberta exported about 1.4 million barrels per day (bbl/d) of crude oil to the United States (U.S.), supplying 15% of U.S. crude oil imports, or 7% of U.S. oil demand. Total oil consumption for the U.S. in 2009 was 18.8 million bbl/d. Canada as a whole exported 1.97 million bbl/d of crude oil to the U.S., or about 21% of the U.S. total crude oil imports in 2010.
In the fiscal year 2010/11, the Alberta government collected more than $3.7 billion in royalties from oil sands projects. This was the second fiscal year when oil sands became the top source of Alberta's non-renewable resource revenue.
Oil sands investment declined to $10.6 billion in 2009, an almost 50 percent decrease from a record high $20.7 billion in 2008. In 2010, oil sands investment has been projected to increase to $11.2 billion.
Howl of the Hobgoblin
Pinkfrog
Posts: 26,678
Registered: ‎09-03-2003
0

Re: "Obama's hurting oil production"

Reply to KnightStar - Message ID#: 63830223

Ohh you dont like my sources

Are you saying the facts they contain are incorrect?
I'll assume you do
Please point out to me which facts you dont like. Is it the ones that show you are wrong?

If you dont like the facts the present you attack the source if you dont like the source you will attack the facts..
Alright
Tell me which part of the information I provided in those links is incorrect?
Scaredy Cat
cobrasks
Posts: 5,260
Registered: ‎08-02-2003

Re: "Obama's hurting oil production"

Reply to westpark - Message ID#: 63829699

WHY does everyone concentrate on the crude oil that we can get and not seem to care about

the REAL problem  ?

 

We can't REFINE as much oil in 2012 as we could in 1982 .

We have less then HALF as many refineries today as we did then .

We haven't had a new refinery built in the US since 1976 .

A good bit of that is thanks to the technicalities in EPA regulations .

( Which is why I support an overhaul or replacement of the EPA )

 

It doesn't matter how much crude we have .

You don't run crude oil in your car's engine or in a diesel 18 wheeler .

 

It has to be refined first .

Since the only sources you people will accept are liberal sources ,

heres a link for you :

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/05/us-oil-refining-capability/

 

Order of the White Lotus .
Molon Labe !
Spinning Spider
rotanalebor
Posts: 10,022
Registered: ‎02-16-2004

Re: "Obama's hurting oil production"

[ Edited ]

Reply to Pinkfrog - Message ID#: 63830235

Like I said in a couple other threads, I don't really understand the Obama admin's thinking on rejecting the pipeline, but I also think the amount of hype the GOP is attaching to the project is completely ridiculous.

The American Petroleum Institute, hardly a group of tree-hugging hippies, say the Keystone pipeline would carry approximately 830,000 barrels of oil a day into the US.

As you say, total oil consumption in the US is around 18.8 million barrels per day, so Keystone could, at most, provide for about 4.5% of total US oil consumption. It's not nothing, but it ain't much. Especially when you consider the effect on the global oil market. Global oil production is about 87.5 million barrels per day. So Keystone would increase global supply by 0.9%. Assuming a proportional price decrease in fuel (which is a stretch since it doesn't take into account other factors such as refining capacity), that'd lower the price of a $3.50 gallon of gas by about $0.03. Meh.
yes
Aunt Norma's Urn
Posts: 855
Registered: ‎08-13-2005
0

Re: "Obama's hurting oil production"

Reply to Pinkfrog - Message ID#: 63830133

I don't know what you're talking about, there are tons of refineries in the United States. And that link I posted says we are exporting more refined oil than ever. We're refining it, then exporting it.

And yes, it would "reduce our dependance on foreign oil," or at least our dependance on oil from unstable nations. But I think it's folly for anyone to think that it will end up being more than a drop in the bucket in the total world supply of oil or do anything to gas prices.

I'm not against every pipeline. I don't really care if the pipeline gets approved in the end. I think it will, after they get their environmental #### together. I'm far from a "radical environmentalist" as Santorum likes to say, but I also don't think we should ignore the concerns that states have. Not just Obama, states have their own concerns.

Even after you posted all those links, after 10 Gulf rigs "left," after that awful moratorium, oil production is on the upswing. How can that be?
Scaredy Cat
cobrasks
Posts: 5,260
Registered: ‎08-02-2003

Re: "Obama's hurting oil production"

[ Edited ]

Reply to YouFailAtLife - Message ID#: 63830387


YouFailAtLife wrote:
I don't know what you're talking about, there are tons of refineries in the United States. And that link I posted says we are exporting more refined oil than ever. We're refining it, then exporting it.

And yes, it would "reduce our dependance on foreign oil," or at least our dependance on oil from unstable nations. But I think it's folly for anyone to think that it will end up being more than a drop in the bucket in the total world supply of oil or do anything to gas prices.

I'm not against every pipeline. I don't really care if the pipeline gets approved in the end. I think it will, after they get their environmental #### together. I'm far from a "radical environmentalist" as Santorum likes to say, but I also don't think we should ignore the concerns that states have. Not just Obama, states have their own concerns.

Even after you posted all those links, after 10 Gulf rigs "left," after that awful moratorium, oil production is on the upswing. How can that be?


There are somewhere around  145 refineries  in the US .

 

There were OVER 300 in 1982 .

 

NO new refieries have been built since 1976 .

 

That's 36 years ago .

 

We actually refine LESS oil today then 30 years ago .

 

Since Obama has been in office somewhere around 15 refineries have been

forced to stop production  as well .

 

Go ahead .

 

Look it up .

 

I  wonder if those refineries that were shut down will SUDDENLY go back into

production and the cost of gas will go down JUST before the next election .

 

It's not like that hasn't mysteriously happened before .   ( By BOTH parties FYI )

Order of the White Lotus .
Molon Labe !
Howl of the Hobgoblin
Pinkfrog
Posts: 26,678
Registered: ‎09-03-2003
0

Re: "Obama's hurting oil production"

Reply to rotanalebor - Message ID#: 63830351

I agree it isnt going to create a million jobs but the fact of the matter is it would create jobs in industries and areas of this nation that need jobs the most. Construction, and Southern Gulf States.

True there is alot of "hype" around the issue but personally I just cannot understand this decision.

 

I understand the fear some have in things like protection of Aquifers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogallala_Aquifer

 

But the bottom line is if this is where people are decideing to take a stand on an issue like that.. They are a few decadeds late to the game.

We have already fked up most of the aquifers around the world

http://8020vision.com/2010/06/27/water-scarcity-in-the-us/

Sheeit just read what your own government will admit on the problem

http://ga.water.usgs.gov/edu/pesticidesgw.html

 

None of this changes the facts of the current situation we are in does it?

The oil rigs in the gulf left over a year ago now and are produceing for other counties.

 

Refineriy output is down look at the facts the numbers

http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/pet_pnp_unc_dcu_nus_m.htm

Quotes from our own government with little graphs to show anyone what i'm talking about lol..

 

It is not an end all solution i admit but it would be a huge help and a job creator also it would lessen our dependence on forign oil.

The policies that have caused this situation come from our president.

Then when I see headlines like this.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/23/presiden-obama-fights-ba
ck-republican-criticism-high-gas-pr...

Its just a fking joke

There is no quick fix for oil and our need of it. Current society is dependent on it. We can come up with all the ideas in the world but there is no "quick" fix

 

IMO build something in space to collect solar rays and beam it back to earth

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space-based_solar_power

Huge public works creates jobs solves energy crisis bam i just solved the worlds problems and got humanity into space in one fell swoop dam i am good lol

And if humanity decides to build me a gundam of my own i wont hate them for it...

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clan of the Crypt
KnightStar
Posts: 61,002
Registered: ‎07-21-2003
0

Re: "Obama's hurting oil production"

Reply to cobrasks - Message ID#: 63830475

Eco regulations have been the cause of most of the refinery shut downs since 1982.
It is a shame that a country once proud to stand on it's own two feet now depends on other countries for everything.

TOMOE242004
"It is a journey into the male mind, in which I believe is really a potentially funny place cause lets face it, nothing happens there." -Andy Wilman Top Gear Producer-

"What will be will, what won't....won't." -Kamina-

"The only person that ever looked good in a four seated convertible was Adolph Hitler!" -Jeremy Clarkson-

"Ha! Sanity, what would I do with something as useless as that?" "Good thing I never had use for such a thing." -Zaraki Kenpatchi-

"I've never seen a ship like this before. It's far behind any C'tarl-C'tarl ship. It won't move unless you're naked! That's very kinky, wouldn't you say? -Aisha Clanclan-

"Well it was the least I could do for you, actually the least I could have done was run away and stick my head in a gopher hole." -Griffin Kato-

"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people." -Harry McDougal-


Howl of the Hobgoblin
Pinkfrog
Posts: 26,678
Registered: ‎09-03-2003
0

Re: "Obama's hurting oil production"

Reply to cobrasks - Message ID#: 63830475


cobrasks wrote:

YouFailAtLife wrote:
I don't know what you're talking about, there are tons of refineries in the United States. And that link I posted says we are exporting more refined oil than ever. We're refining it, then exporting it.

And yes, it would "reduce our dependance on foreign oil," or at least our dependance on oil from unstable nations. But I think it's folly for anyone to think that it will end up being more than a drop in the bucket in the total world supply of oil or do anything to gas prices.

I'm not against every pipeline. I don't really care if the pipeline gets approved in the end. I think it will, after they get their environmental #### together. I'm far from a "radical environmentalist" as Santorum likes to say, but I also don't think we should ignore the concerns that states have. Not just Obama, states have their own concerns.

Even after you posted all those links, after 10 Gulf rigs "left," after that awful moratorium, oil production is on the upswing. How can that be?


There are somewhere around  145 refineries  in the US .

 

There were OVER 300 in 1982 .

 

NO new refieries have been built since 1976 .

 

That's 36 years ago .

 

We actually refine LESS oil today then 30 years ago .

 

Since Obama has been in office somewhere around 15 refineries have been

forced to stop production  as well .

 

Go ahead .

 

Look it up .

 

I  wonder if those refineries that were shut down will SUDDENLY go back into

production and the cost of gas will go down JUST before the next election .

 

It's not like that hasn't mysteriously happened before .   ( By BOTH parties FYI )



He doesnt need to look it up I alredy gave him this link

 

http://205.254.135.24/dnav/pet/pet_pnp_cap1_dcu_nus_a.htm

 

Go on read it its a .org from our own government

Creepy Doll
westpark
Posts: 59,269
Registered: ‎10-26-2005
0

Re: "Obama's hurting oil production"

Reply to YouFailAtLife - Message ID#: 63829831


YouFailAtLife wrote:
But if Obama had approved the Keystone Pipeline, we'd be swimming in $0.50 gasoline!

Another shocking fact: The United States is now a net exporter of refined oil products.

Exactly, which is how I know the entire oil price debate is warped. The problem is 2 fold. The main culprit is the Fed's easy money policy as oil is priced in dollars. You lower the value of the dollar -- & then the speculators do their thing. The '2nd issue' morphs into the first -- the speculators don't want to lose money to devaluation of the currency so they jack up rates.

 

If only we had a halfway decent federal regulation movement in this country.

WESTPARK THE KING OF ASMB

"westpark ran a train on this thread" - Stilgar

"Every woman needs a good slap now & again." - Sir Sean Connery