Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SwimFan
R.I.P.xeno-d

Re: Bebop Easter Eggs...sort of

Reply to bbnflpn - Message ID#: 13784376

Without the huskers where would we be today.

and I'm glad the future also needs them

for poker games and such

:robotindifferent:

taco bell taco bell product placement with taco bell enchorrito TACO BURRITO product placement with taco bell
SwimGuardian
Cowgirl_ein

Reply to R.I.P.xeno-d - Message ID#: 13800042

As a born & bred Husker fan, I'm hoping they're something of a success in the future, as opposed to whatever they were last season.  *shudders*  I'd hope they're at least remembered for some successes, not the big flops.
I am the E-Ninja!
SwimHotshot
bbnflpn

Reply to Cowgirl_ein - Message ID#: 13812584

i was in nebraska when they bombed that last game i am so glad that i wasnt watching it.  i hope they do better this time around and yah lets look forward to the future poker huskers of the world (i wonder if that old guy is my dad lol)

You call me a Witch like its a bad thing MySpace
Evangelion Nerd Club Member
SwimHotshot
bbnflpn

Reply to bbnflpn - Message ID#: 13823989

i thought that i would bring this here well cause it is sort of an easter egg.  i posted it also in the debate thread but i thought that you guys would want to hear it as well.

this might be alittle off topic,  but i thought you guys would be interested as to what happend the other day.  i am currently learning about the tarot.  as part of my lessons i have to do a daily drawing of the cards and then try to interpret what they say and what the card means to me. 

there was one draw that had me alittle put aside.  the night that the rfb2 aird the other weekend.  i had a double draw (meaning that 2 cards came out at the same time.  and i find it highly intreesting what came up guess what i got.  the ace of swords (aka the ace of spades) and then the death card.  now we have been debating this for a while now. i know for a fact that the deck of cards that we all know today as the 72 deck of cards that we play with was originated from the tarot years ago.  the only differance is that they took out the trup cards (death, the sun, the moon, the devil ect.) and only left the fool wich we all know today as the joker.  so there for the ace of spades has never actually been associated with the death card.  since i got a new deck (the rider weight deck (how ever you spell it here is what it has to say about both the cards)

the ace of swords (by the way i did pull this card reversed so the reverse meaning will apply here) but i will put both for the extra info on the light of the card.

great determination, initiative, strenght, force, activity, excessiveness, triumph, power, sucsess, fertility, prosparity, deep emotional feeling, and love.

i think that those are mostly spikes way of thinking and acting really but reverse it says, debacle, tyranny, disaster, self destruction, voilient temper, embarrassment, obsticle, infertility

these were aspects of spike as he was going to fight vicous i blive any way kind of a forshadow of what was about to happen.

the death card is alittle differnt.  i did pull this card right side up just so you know.  but iwill put both meanings up so you know what the card is about.  btw this cards numerolgical value is 13

transformation, clearing away the old to make way for the new, unexpected change, loss, alteration, abrupt change of ones old self though not nessisarly physical death, the ending of a fermilure situation situation of friendshi, finaicial loss, beginning of a new era, illness, possibly death.

reversed the card means: 

stagnation, immobility, slow changes, partial change, inertia, narrowly avoided a serious accident.

i really did find this interesting because if you look at what they say basicly the 2 cards are a reall story teller when it comes to the end of the series,  and i find it really a big coincidience that i drew the cards and i did draw them about 20 mins before the episode aired.  i think that i might post this in the easter egg thread as well because of the real implications of them forshadowing such things so early on in the series.  it kind of sets the mood.  i would also like to know more about the fungshui and see how it had an effect on the series as well.  just goes to show that they really did put their reserch in to this in the fullest. 

SwimFan
R.I.P.xeno-d

Reply to bbnflpn - Message ID#: 13966192

:robotindifferent:That's a coincidence if I ever saw one.

I don't believe in that kind of thing but that is really cool

and spooky

and sexy(don't ask why..................cause I don't know)

taco bell taco bell product placement with taco bell enchorrito TACO BURRITO product placement with taco bell
SwimHotshot
bbnflpn

Reply to R.I.P.xeno-d - Message ID#: 13979612

ok iwont ask then

SwimFan
R.I.P.xeno-d

Reply to bbnflpn - Message ID#: 13981558

Really?

Because it's a really interesting story involving a hawk in a swim suit but it's a story for later.

:robotindifferent:

Order of the Owl
scoobdog

Reply to R.I.P.xeno-d - Message ID#: 14012873

Been awhile since I've seen this one so....

*bump*
Piercer of the Heavens
GinaSzanboti

Reply to scoobdog - Message ID#: 18463987

Oh man, you must've heard me thinkin' about this...

I'd hoped to get back to it in time for Jamming with Edward, but I guess I didn't make it. ::sigh::

Maybe this'll motivate me! :smileyhappy:

Madness is not a place one goes, it’s a spider waiting to feel the tremble of the web. -- GuiltyRed
We're all mad here. - The Cheshire Cat
SwimLegend

Reply to GinaSzanboti - Message ID#: 18471952

Hi Gina, I've still got this thread bookmarked, so if you start posting, I'll start reading again.   I may even throw in a post once and awhile, if I can come up with anything sensible to say.  There are always new people interested in Bebop, I talked to someone just the other day who hasn't seen all the episodes yet and is watching this runthrough.   I know there has to be new people interested in easter eggs just like there's always new people watching Bebop.
SwimHotshot
bbnflpn

Reply to MED401 - Message ID#: 18575623

ok i got one that probably doesnt really matter.

after watching bohemian rapsody i thought that i would do some reserch on to how old i would be if i lived that long.  i calculated at 2071 since i cant remember the exact year that this takes place.  me beeing born in 1975 it turns out at that calculation that i would be the same age as chess master hex.  how freaky is that.

SwimHotshot
bbnflpn

[ Edited ]

Reply to bbnflpn - Message ID#: 18834231

its around that time of year again (hehe easter eggs) ok its really ostara.  for me thats easter.  i did post this thread in another thread so we may get some traffic here.  woot.  and with bebop being back on who knows we may see some new stuff.

oh i asked my boyfreind what gun spike uses in sympathy for the devil it is the thompson tc you can find a pic of it here http://www.tcarms.com/TC_HTML/TC_Muzzle01.htm it is a muzzle loading (brake barrel) one shot long pistol.  you cant really get a good look at it (there was a better link to it before but it looks like they are redoing their site) it is the bottom gun on the right hand side.  you might need to dl the catalog to see it better i didnt bother since i have seen it already.

Message Edited by bbnflpn on 03-17-200605:51 AM

SwimStar
ApathyInc

Reply to bbnflpn - Message ID#: 24159624

wow, that thing's a real gun? awesome! good to see you (and this thread) again. :smileyhappy:
When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.

- Alexander Graham Bell -
SwimHotshot
bbnflpn

Reply to ApathyInc - Message ID#: 24193814

yup its a real gun.  i think all the guns they used in the series are real ones.  its good to see you again as well :-)

Piercer of the Heavens
GinaSzanboti

Reply to bbnflpn - Message ID#: 24201238

::sheepishly::  Does this mean I have to get on the stick at last and find some more?

Thanks for resurrecting my thread though!  Are we going to do this every year?

Madness is not a place one goes, it’s a spider waiting to feel the tremble of the web. -- GuiltyRed
SwimHotshot
bbnflpn

Reply to GinaSzanboti - Message ID#: 24223110

you never know, i just thought about it when i got on the stupid bebop questions thread. 

ill have to start paying attention to see if i notice any more as well.

SwimStar
ApathyInc

Reply to bbnflpn - Message ID#: 24223252

you two have such an eye for detail. I never notice these things...
When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.

SwimHotshot
bbnflpn

Reply to ApathyInc - Message ID#: 24226063

it was my boyfreind who knew that one, i thought that it was an animal traquilizer gun my self.  since it had a single shot break barrel loading system.  hes alot better with guns than i am, even though i am an excelent shot.  he even has a replica walther P38 (lupins gun) and a C99 (jets gun) pellet gun.  i have shot that one a few times, i had never shot a pistol before so it took me a few shots to get the hang of it before i hit any thing.  but i guess its a training pellet gun and is suppose to handle just like the real thing.

the tompson tc looked to be a 7mm or a .308 (yes rifle round) he said that when he saw it he thought it was alittle bit of an over kill to use that size of round to take out that kid.  i think that he chose that particular gun becuase that is the most effective size they could make the stone to take the kid down. 

the gun that the kid was shooting was a weighted target pistol.  possibly a feinwerkbau target pistol.  and a very rare gun he says if you find one get it.  that particular one was most likely a 9mm and not a .22 cal.

Piercer of the Heavens
GinaSzanboti

Reply to GinaSzanboti - Message ID#: 6110644

Just a shameless little bump in honor of Bebop's return.  :smileyvery-happy:

GinaSzanboti wrote:

While I'm able to post, here're my observations from Stray Dog Strut:

Not sure if this is random or not, but the license plate on the dog catcher's truck is NC 1702. That's awfully close to NCC 1701, the registration number of the Starship Enterprise and the ID code on Faye's cryotank (NCC 1701-B).

When Spike is asking the weapons store clerk about pet dealers, there is a sign above that says "Ree." I've puzzled over that a long time, until it occurred to me that this might be another L/R substitution that pops up so often (e.g., Hakim's race listed as "Negloid," the "Pubric Gate Corporation," the "Sgt. Jeffly" nameplate in Mushroom Samba). Since Spike gets the guy's attention with his knowledge of martial arts, maybe it was intended to read "Lee."

Speaking of Bruce Lee, this episode is chock-full of dragon imagery. There's a billboard with a dragon on it, a painting on the wall in the tea shop, a dragon tattoo, "Way of the Dragon" nunchucks (sp), and I think there's a young komodo dragon in a cage in the pet shop. Not to mention The Dragon himself, Bruce Lee, on the billboard where the Bebop is docked.

Plus, at the beginning of the episode, you can see a dragon engraved on the first ring of the hyperspace gate itself. Might this imply that the Red Dragons are in control of the gate system, pulling the strings of the Public Gate Corp.? Or is it just a good luck icon? Since Bebop's solar system is clearly a multicultural society, it seems an odd symbol for a public utility to choose.

SwimLegend
k_dawg_3484

Reply to GinaSzanboti - Message ID#: 39343112

Thanks for the bump.  I'll definitely have to read over this thread.  It looks awesome.  Nice job!
SwimHotshot
bbnflpn

Reply to GinaSzanboti - Message ID#: 39343112

i never noticed fayes zip craft was ncc-1701-b before, being a big trekie i should have noticed it.  i did notice the dragon on the stargate this time around however.

SwimStar
ApathyInc

Reply to bbnflpn - Message ID#: 39483286

oh, wow. I should've noticed that, too. good catch. :smileyhappy:

SwimHotshot
bbnflpn

Reply to ApathyInc - Message ID#: 39490433

we fail at being trekies, we hang our head in shame and have now been banned from all trekie conventions

SwimNub

Reply to bbnflpn - Message ID#: 39507098

The chess games in Bohemian Rhapsody are real games from history.

Chessmaster Hex vs Deep Blue: 

http://wwwscala.blogspot.com/2007/05/paul-morphy-adolf-anderssen-
1-0_17.html

Chessmaster Hex vs Ed:

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1075588

Order of the Owl
scoobdog

Reply to IshiohSisuko - Message ID#: 45396245

It never occurred to me, but this really makes sense.  Chess games are revered the same way actual battles are revered.