Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Order of the Owl
Maenos

Cowboy Bebop's show page - Input needed ~Spoilers~

Hello everyone (what few of you visit here, anyway, heh).

I'm sure by now some of you have seen the new(er) show pages for shows on AS. Of course, Cowboy Bebop has one all its own.

Looking through it, you may notice it is a tad on the sparse side. Let's try and get it a bit more up to date and fleshy with data.

Basically what we need:

-Details on episodes (Spoilers are ok).
-Details for the characters.
-Characters that are missing (for the moment, MAJOR characters only. For example, Antonio, Carlos, and Jobim, those three old men who appear now and again, shouldn't be added just yet, but the likes of Vicious should).

Post here and let us know, and we'll try to get that thing updated. Thanks for your help!
SwimLegend
episodenoin

Re: Cowboy Bebop's show page - Input needed ~Spoil

Reply to Maenos - Message ID#: 46035191

So we should write summaries or can we contribute as little as a listing of characters?
Order of the Owl
Maenos

Reply to episodenoin - Message ID#: 46036984

Whatever you can do. Even if it is as simple as where a character was born. I can't guarantee every little bit of trivia will make it in, but we'll try, heh.
May Cause Drowsiness
VicodinEs

Well here's some info about the main characters from the back of the DVD cases.

Spike info

Faye info

Ed info

Jet info

Ein info

Julia info

Hopefully that works. 

I'll try to find more info on others in the series. 

Bumperella
mahala_la_la

Reply to VicodinEs - Message ID#: 46059029

The one for Ed is kind of cute.
SwimHipster
Brian_Freeze

A page for the Red Dragons would be cool. I'd write some stuff to put in it, but I for the most part don't remember details such as those which is why I'd like to see that. Julia and Vicious should definetly be on the main characters list since the ongoing plot throughout the show revolves around them.

What kind of details are you looking for for the episodes? Like an outline of what exactly happens in said episode?  

The only possible response to this musiac video: whoa.

Smoker's catch22
Bumperella
mahala_la_la

Reply to Brian_Freeze - Message ID#: 46216706

For episode guides we're wanting full summaries, spoilers and all.
SwimHipster
Brian_Freeze

Reply to mahala_la_la - Message ID#: 46232977

Episode One - Astroid Blues

Prequel

Church bells ring an erie chime. A lone man stands with a cigerette dangling from his lips, a bouqet droops in his hand. He throws the to the ground, it lay amoung many that he smoked before. He walks off and as he does a pale rose falls into a puddle. A bloody scene appears before our eyes. Bullets flying and bodies dropping. As the floor soaks with blood, the rose becomes more and more red. Back to the fight we see the man holding a grenade. He triggers it and a grin creeps up upon his face.

Intro

Part one:

An old spaceship comes into view, whizzing through hyperspace. We look inside and meet two of the main characters. Spike, the man from the prequel, is practicing his martial art in the dark. When the light turns on we see Jet for the first time. He calls Spike to dinner, bell peppers and beef is on the menu. With the plate sitting in front of him Spike notices there is no beef. Jet reminds him that without money they can't afford the meat. When spike asks what happened to the reward the got off the last bounty they captured Jet begins to list all the expenses Spike racked up due to his recklessness, his temper clearly rising as he's doing so and ending with a single outburst. He calms himself down and begins to talk about their next hit. Asimov Solensan, worth two point five million wulongs. Spike complains about how little the reward is but knows if he wants his beef he has no choice. They head on over to TJ where Asimov went to hid after robbing the syndicate he worked for. Jet heads to the cops to try for some clues and Spike makes his to Old Man Bull, an old indian who seems to have the answers one would seek.

This is going to take some time so before I do all that typing, is this what your looking for?  

Smoker's catch22
Bumperella
mahala_la_la

Reply to Brian_Freeze - Message ID#: 46263941

Probably don't need something quite as detailed.
SwimHipster
Brian_Freeze

Reply to mahala_la_la - Message ID#: 46273337

You said full...

The Bebop crew chase after a bounty by the name of Asimov Solensan whose on the run from the sydicate for stealing Red Eye, a drug used to highten one's senses. The pursuit for Asimov ends when the galatic police shoot down his craft as he tries to escape the astroid known as TJ. 

If this isn't it your going to have to do one yourself to set an example of what your looking for.  Or not, I guess it isn't all that important right?

Smoker's catch22
SwimSuperfan
Fukitsu

what about jets ex partner?
__F u k i t s uF u k i t s u
SwimNerd
AClockworkStrawberry

Spike Speigal

27 (born June 26, 2044 on Mars) 

The main protagnist of the series with a dark past involving the Red Dragon Syndicate.  Spike's fully functioning right eye is a fake as revealed in Ep. 6, a dark reminder to him of his dark past.  Often characterized as silly and easy-going, he is an excellent pilot, fighter, and gun slinger (his gun of choice is a Jericho 941).  He meets his end in the last episode of the series after confronting the protagonist of the series, although it is a source of controvercy whether he actually died or not.

Jet Black

36 (born December 3, 2035) 

A former cop turned bounty hunter, he is known on his home sattelite as the Black Dog.  His most prominant features are the scar across his face and his mechanical arm, the result of his ex-partner's betrayal.  He considers himself a renaissance man, cultivated bonsai trees and listening to jazz music (his ship, Bebop, is named after a type of jazz music).  The opposite of spike, Jet is characterized as calculating and careful, a typical father figure to contrast Spike's wayward rebellious attitude. 

Faye Valentine

77, appears to be 23 (August 14, 1994) 

Before the Gate Crash Incident (the moon exploded and rendered the Earth virtually uninhabitable), Faye was cryogenically frozen until a cure for her fatal disease could be found.  She was revived fifty four years later, when it was revealed to her that she was in debt for the medical bills resulting from her cryogenic sleep.   When she meets Jet and Spike, she is characterized as a voluptuous, sexy, outgoing moocher who seems to be a thorn in Spike and Jet's side.  

Francoise Appledehli (Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV, or Ed)

12 (born January 1, 2058) 

The daugher of a zany cartographer, Ed first crosses paths with the Bebop crew as they track down "Radical Edward," a computer hacker who has been hacking into dead sattelites.  She is zany, superintellegent, and the source of much physical humor, eccentricites attributed to her largely unsupervized childhood.  Despite her silly nature, she proves to be an indispensible part of the crew, providing support from the Bebop using her computer.  Jet serves as a kind of surrogate father, and Faye is depicted as the annoyed older sister.  Ed harbors an affection for Spike that is not entirely explored during the series but is evident in the Cowboy Bebop movie when she latches onto Spike after a near-fatal duel.  

This is time consuming, but it occupies my time at least.  I'll do the rest of the cast later, as well as an episode guide.

Hope this helps. 

_Everything was beautiful,
and nothing hurt.

also, the answer to your question is 42

~*~
SwimNerd
my_imaginary_friend

Episode Two:  Stray Dog Strut

Abdul-Hakim has just stolen a mysterious silver briefcase, valuable enough for  three hunters to finally corner him in a bathroom stall.  But Abdul-Hakim is quite strong and easily takes care of them.  After defeating them, Hakim calls his buyer to ensure that he has the package. Unfortunately for him however, the chase has just begun.  Spike and Jet learn that a massive bounty has been put on Hakim's head, who had surgery to change his face, and at the same time three scientists, similarly dressed as the other three men who tried to take down Hakim earlier, are also looking for him, specifically for the mysterious briefcase.  After a series of events where a young bar crawl steals the briefcase from Hakim, opens the briefcase, and tries to pawn the content of it to a pet shop dealer, Spike and Hakim's path intersects at the pet shop where we learn the contents of the briefcase: an average welsh corgi.  The pet shop dealer states it's not worth much.  But the dog ends up with Spike after a melee and chase through the streets and eventually on a boat.   

Hakim's buyer is not happy however and Spike is agitated that Hakim got away and got the dog instead, which he dislikes.  But a plan by Jet to capture Hakim lands Spike back on land, taking the dog for a walk to lure Hakim out.  At the same time, the three scientists, riding in their van, deploy their secret weapon to get their dog back: a giant dog whistle.  Immediately all the dogs in the neighborhood comes streaming down the streets, all headed for the van.  The welsh corgi, Ein, escapes from Spike and heads for the van also. Meanwhile, Hakim notices Ein and quickly gives chase, by stealing a newlywed's car right in front of them, nearly running over Spike in the process.  One of the scientist tries to capture Ein with a net, but he eludes them, only to be grabbed by Hakim in the car and is drugged unconscious.  

With the welsh corgi in tow, Hakim makes his escape, but he is followed by the scientists in their van, and a pissed Spike in his red Swordfish fighter.   

Ein wakes up, however, and jumps on the steering wheel, pushing random buttons in the process with his paw, causing the car doors to open immediately.  At the same time, the scientist anchors their van to Hakim's car, hoping to not let them get away.  However, Ein jumps out of the car and plunges into the river below.  

Spike becomes more pissed as he has to make a choice: follow Hakim or let the dog die.  He chooses the latter and navigates his Swordfish to catch Ein in mid-air, while Hakim loses control of the car and leads him and the scientist in tow over the edge of the bridge and lands right in front of the police station.   

A bounty show on their TV later informs that Hakim and the scientists survived the plunged but are arrested in the spot.  It turns out the scientist have been doing some illegal experimentation on the dog, which is revealed to be a very valuable data-dog, its purpose is unclear however.  

But the Bebop crew grows by one, as Ein becomes part of the group, further irritating Spike in the process.  

The End. 

Whew!

SwimNub

Reply to my_imaginary_friend - Message ID#: 50948366

Okay...

I loved the Bebop series and the movie.  The movie is critical.

I also remember a site (Japanese only) for a series called "YMCA" that looked roughly based on the Teddy Bomber episode with the infamous "Andy" character.

I can no longer find the site or any information at all about YMCA.

I just found the link to the live action deal.  That's... interesting...

Anyway...

[BIG SPOILER]

I also was told that Spike was in the YMCA series (because it had apparently been made).  I wasn't told exactly how or why, but when watching the movie the second time it suddenly made sense.  (Should have got it the first time, to be honest).  Not only did Spike survive an encounter with a hideous alien life-form on his trip to Mars.  He also contracted a good ol' case of nanomachines that basically make him nigh invulnerable (they will practically reconstruct limbs).  So, any comments or information would be greatly appreciated on the fate/future of animated Bebop.  Thanks.

SwimPunk
13udSmoker38

Cowboy Beep the Bop
To stand and consider all possibilities, is to drown in a tunneling sea of infinite potentiality. Thus making free will, man's most potent mirage! - Xavier Renegade Angel
SwimHotshot
BlackroseForFaye

Wow they don't have Jet or Viscious

Swimmortal
westpark

I luv bebop

WESTPARK THE KING OF ASMB

"westpark ran a train on this thread" - Stilgar