Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Howl of the Hobgoblin
LoverDemon

Death Note Christmas Ideas

Now Bad_Witch is definitely hard at work with the Death Note X-Mas, wonder and hoping that turns out well for her.

We have a banner going up, that will probably be Christmas themed for the month of December.

Now I've gotten one suggestion through PM, but just want to cover everything and get everyone's take on what we should do in this folder for when the time of the year rolls around.

So and ideas, suggestions, criticism, plans, rough drafts, anything, are welcome, the more the better.

Scaredy Cat
Meilag32

Re: Death Note Christmas Ideas

Reply to LoverDemon - Message ID#: 62622430

Aren't we already doing enough? 

Do some stupid Secret Santa thing that other boards are doing?  Give each other fake gifts?  Besides changing the whole website to alter the background and add Christmas music to website, there's not really anything else that can be done that isn't asinine. 

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
Howl of the Hobgoblin
LoverDemon

Reply to Meilag32 - Message ID#: 62623386

There's plenty to do, but then again you wouldn't want anything more anyway, I already know your opinion on the whole holiday season. :smileytongue:

Scaredy Cat
Meilag32

Reply to LoverDemon - Message ID#: 62623422

We can't really do more.  We're in a message board.  You're unable to change the website's color scheme or add background music.  We can't have a Christmas party or go caroling or exchange gifts or anything because we can't really interact with each other more than just writing messages.  We can't actually meet.  And holidays traditionally involve being around people.  Not to mention nobody besides me will here on Christmas anyway. 

Like I said, there's nothing we could do that wouldn't be asinine or end up feeling like it was done for the sake of Christmas regardless of it's lack of fun or poor implementation. 

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
Howl of the Hobgoblin
LoverDemon

[ Edited ]

Reply to Meilag32 - Message ID#: 62626900

Well, 'Mr. Grinch', you'd be surprised. Beside while the possibilities are indeed limited by the message board, there is still many possibilities to do other things, there are always possibilities and ways to work around things, it's not difficult.

You never know, besides do you think we would have to do everything direct on the 25th? We could easily work on something and let it come to a head on the 25th.

Scaredy Cat
lupinfan83

Reply to LoverDemon - Message ID#: 62627276

12 days of death note christmas, discuss how Santa is actually a Shinagami (makes perfect sense).
L-"I am justice" 私は正義 M​AL
Funimation:Lupinfan83
PS3: Lawlietfan83

Howl of the Hobgoblin
LoverDemon

Reply to lupinfan83 - Message ID#: 62629300

Hah, sounds like an interesting idea. As long as the whole 'Light killing Santa' isn't apart of it.

Pumpkin Guts
SpikesMrsSpooky

Reply to Meilag32 - Message ID#: 62626900

Meilag32 wrote:

We can't really do more.  We're in a message board.  You're unable to change the website's color scheme or add background music.  We can't have a Christmas party or go caroling or exchange gifts or anything because we can't really interact with each other more than just writing messages.  We can't actually meet.  And holidays traditionally involve being around people.  Not to mention nobody besides me will here on Christmas anyway. 

Like I said, there's nothing we could do that wouldn't be asinine or end up feeling like it was done for the sake of Christmas regardless of it's lack of fun or poor implementation. 

Yeah, you're pretty much right except for one thing - I will be here on Christmas too.  I'd sleep with my notebook if I slept.

Also, I tend to doubt that these boards are likely to be flooded with "Merry Christmas" or even "Happy Holiday" greetings. 

"We flipped a coin! The coin flip is sacred!"

"MATSUDA!!" Just about everybody - Death Note
Bebop spoilers here: MrsSpooky's Cowboy Bebop Blog
My Anime List

TIGER & BUNNY over and out!

Pumpkin Guts
SpikesMrsSpooky

Reply to LoverDemon - Message ID#: 62627276

LoverDemon wrote:

Well, 'Mr. Grinch', you'd be surprised. Beside while the possibilities are indeed limited by the message board, there is still many possibilities to do other things, there are always possibilities and ways to work around things, it's not difficult.

You never know, besides do you think we would have to do everything direct on the 25th? We could easily work on something and let it come to a head on the 25th.

Ooooh, does our helper have a plan? *chair dances*

This time of year tends to be very slow where I work (yeah, go figure), so I plan on spending more time here to see what's going on. :smileyhappy:

My Anime List

Scaredy Cat
Meilag32

Reply to SpikesMrsSpooky - Message ID#: 62631036

SpikesMrsSpooky wrote:

LoverDemon wrote:

Ooooh, does our helper have a plan? *chair dances*

This time of year tends to be very slow where I work (yeah, go figure), so I plan on spending more time here to see what's going on. :smileyhappy:

You and I might be here.  But I can guarantee you that the majority won't be.  They'll be doing whatever people do for Christmas.  I don't know what. 

Scaredy Cat
Meilag32

Reply to lupinfan83 - Message ID#: 62629300

lupinfan83 wrote:
12 days of death note christmas, discuss how Santa is actually a Shinagami (makes perfect sense).

Wasn't that tried one year?  It didn't pan out, then.  I think it maybe got to Day 7.  If that.

Scaredy Cat
Meilag32

Reply to LoverDemon - Message ID#: 62629362

Also, since I was called Mr. Grinch, I have to post this.  I thought the first one was funny.

Pumpkin Guts
SpikesMrsSpooky

Reply to Meilag32 - Message ID#: 62639304

I don't change my habits for holidays.   As long as I can have a functioning computer and internet, I'll still be posting and tweeting away.

My Anime List

Scaredy Cat
Meilag32

Reply to SpikesMrsSpooky - Message ID#: 62639770

And I don't even celebrate the holidays!  I'll probably be drinkin' though.  A little Christmas gift to myself. 

Pumpkin Guts
SpikesMrsSpooky

Reply to Meilag32 - Message ID#: 62642248

Meilag32 wrote:

And I don't even celebrate the holidays!  I'll probably be drinkin' though.  A little Christmas gift to myself. 

Oh, drinking's a given! :smileyvery-happy:  I can't think of a celebration or event that doesn't call for a drink.   

"Hey, it's Tuesday!  Cheers!" LOL

My Anime List

Scaredy Cat
Meilag32

Reply to SpikesMrsSpooky - Message ID#: 62643480

I've heard worse excuses to drink.

Pumpkin Guts
SpikesMrsSpooky

Reply to Meilag32 - Message ID#: 62644526

Meilag32 wrote:

I've heard worse excuses to drink.

Honey, when it comes to drinking, there ARE no bad excuses. :smileyhappy:  IMHO, of course. 

My Anime List

Bone-ified Ghoul
Bad_Witch

Reply to LoverDemon - Message ID#: 62622430

We should have some Christmas icons to use :smileyhappy:

Let's see, I could start a thread where we dismantle tradional Christmas songs and give them a DN twist...Or a thread where users write lists to Santa as a DN character...or a thread where we come-up with pairings of characters and what they would give each other for Christmas...or a thread where we speculate how the first Christmas after Kira's defeat went for various characters...etc, etc.

We could have a game where Mello steals Near's toys and hids them around the board. yes i still need page views >.> Or a game where there's a secret santa at task force headquarters, where each character keeps finding gifts left for them and they try to figure out who it is and why they keep leaving these "presents"

Did you ever look at a picture of yourself and see a stranger in the background? Makes you wonder how many strangers have a picture of you.
Scaredy Cat
Meilag32

Reply to Bad_Witch - Message ID#: 62698356

The icons are a good idea.  If you can find someone to make some. 

The other ideas do seem Christmasy, but not fun. 

Howl of the Hobgoblin
LoverDemon

[ Edited ]

Reply to Bad_Witch - Message ID#: 62698356

That was done on another board, though, you all sure that you want to copy something from someone else? I don't mind though, but I find the issue with time because of DumpTruck, I could find the time to make the icons though, despite the hectic days that I've had recently with holiday stuff.

Hm, wouldn't be a bad idea to throw some/all of those together if possible, I'll leave that up to the majority, if they go for it then we can do the ones they like and we'll go from there.

Bone-ified Ghoul
Bad_Witch

Reply to LoverDemon - Message ID#: 62700884

This is the Death Note board. Here we worship mass murderers and detectives with questionable methods. "Borrowing" an idea for icons is probably the most tame thing we've done all year :smileyvery-happy:

Yay! You like some of my ideas...even if Megs is a bah humbug. If anyone actually wants to do the secret santa task force thing, let me know as soon as possible. I'll need to start working on it asap.

Did you ever look at a picture of yourself and see a stranger in the background? Makes you wonder how many strangers have a picture of you.
Scaredy Cat
InuFan05

Reply to LoverDemon - Message ID#: 62700884

But I want an icon too! :smileysad: Please!
I'll always be by your side.           You can always count on me.

"My meeting you was no coincidence. It's more than that..."
Scaredy Cat
Meilag32

Reply to Bad_Witch - Message ID#: 62756490

Hey, I liked one of your ideas!

And it's not "borrowing", it's "stealing".  Not that I have anything against theft.  As long as it isn't happening to me.

Pumpkin Guts
SpikesMrsSpooky

Reply to Meilag32 - Message ID#: 62759244

Cowboy Bebop is easy - Mr Kawamoto actually drew the crew of the Bebop wearing Santa outfits. :smileyvery-happy:  

My Anime List

Scaredy Cat
Meilag32

[ Edited ]

Reply to SpikesMrsSpooky - Message ID#: 62759846

SpikesMrsSpooky wrote:

Cowboy Bebop is easy - Mr Kawamoto actually drew the crew of the Bebop wearing Santa outfits. :smileyvery-happy:  

That's not the only series that has done that.  Many have gone that path.

Unfortunately, Obata did not feel the need to do such a thing for the Death Note series.  Or for any holidays, for that matter.  That's why it's hard to get anything themed.  Because their isn't any original source material to go on.