KittehPunk
insomniaSAH

Incest in Family Guy

Okay - let me say it first, then you can freak out on me.

Nate Griffin had kids with a Pewterschmidt: "...Your great great great great great great granny" (the slave-period Pewterschmidt) - first off, that puts Nate and Peter 8 generations apart. (Speculations on actual amount of time that might equate to, feel free - saying that each person was at least 20 yrs old before they had a kid, I'm going to guess about 160 yrs). 

Then, down the line, Peter had kids with Lois (another Pewterschmidt!). Yes, they are so far apart that it shouldn't matter.

HOWEVER

Through several flashbacks, we saw many, many instances of Griffen forefathers who had the surname Griffin, and married women who looked just like Lois and produced children that look just like theirs.

I think there's a bit of a clog in the genepool - though this may help explain Peter's technical retardation.

Their family history seems to run roughly along this line (I'm forgetting a lot of people, but I'm putting down those who I think are relevant) caveman Peter Griffin -> (line of Griffins that somehow makes its way to Africa) -> Nate Griffin -> Grifin who invented Golf (though it turned out a "Griffin" isn't actually Petere's dad, so a lot of this makes no sense) -> Mickey McFinnigan -> Peter

Like I said, a lot of this is screwed by Peter being a McFinnigan. And yes, I know, this sort of thinking is more suited to the Venture Bro's forum. But this bothers me SO MUCH. Anyone else annoyed by this...? 

--rule 34
KittehIcon
geglash

Re: Incest in Family Guy

Reply to insomniaSAH - Message ID#: 45160567

Plotholes in Family Guy?  You jest.

"This is obviously the vomit of a white man"
-Nameless Asian toymaker
Kittehfamous
desantoos

Reply to geglash - Message ID#: 45164460

geglash wrote:

How dare there be inconsistencies in a comedy show!

I shot an arrow toward the sky...
KittehPunk
labretagne

Reply to desantoos - Message ID#: 45164524

desantoos wrote:

geglash wrote:

How dare there be inconsistencies in a comedy show!

Oh heavens no!!!

Let them be slain!

Imagine.
KittehPunk
Uhpjiors

Reply to labretagne - Message ID#: 45168261

Well, that flouts the rules of breeding and family lines in the same sort of way that having children with the sister of your brother's girlfriend does... I dont think it's TECHNICALLY wrong but the long term implications of such tomfoolery haven't been established yet... maybe because not waiting for marriage is a recent cultural norm where before, marrying a girl automatically made her sister your sister-in-law and being CALLED a variety of sister raised the eww factor high enough to scare your own brother away from her? 

Maybe this is why the ancient Greeks are the ANCIENT Greeks? Either way, Im staying away from my brother's girlfriend's sisters ... God's wrath scares the bejeezus outta me :smileytongue: 

"He who can admit to being a fool has wisdom of the highest order."

IDKFA like your life depends on it! because it does....
Kittehpotent

There are many inconsistencies in Family Guy like Stewie's football head which is explained by jumping on the bed and hitting the ceiling but then a later episode shows a flashback in utero with a football head.

As far as incest goes, there's no need for speculation.

Check out this compilation:

Family Guy incest episodes

L7world.com (Columbus was wrong)
http://l7world.com

Awesome Kitteh
zombified35

Best advice, don't try to understand it , just laugh at it. lol

Running man of THE GALACTIC BIRD FLOWER GANG
PSN: theplague4487

Tsumeblue is my comically mismatched but welcome valentine, I smell a sitcom. :smileyvery-happy:
MasterKitteh
Da_Killa_Ounze

It's times like these, and when they cross a line that it helps me to remember it's a cartoon :smileyvery-happy:

Home Movies                                             King Of The Hill

Trigun                                   Toonami
Family Guy                                                     American Dad
            The Cleveland Show
X-Box Live Gamer Tag: Killa Ounze Free Official Microsoft Points: Here

That's all for now kids, btw I used to be an Admin

Spidey Enthusiastic
txanimeluva

Its Family Guy..

KittehNub
Kartoonkid95

Brother/Sister incest

Reply to txanimeluva - Message ID#: 68300929

Chris and Meg made out with each other in the Halloween episode.

KittehPunk
Anime_Oldephart

No freakout necessary.... keep in mind that, during the first season of DALLAS all those years ago, Lucy Ewing was rollin' in the hay (literally) with Ray Krebs.  A few seasons later, we discover that Ray Kreps was really her half-uncle, and their first-season affair was conveniently forgotten by the writers...

KittehNub
gelicaa84

omg thank you i just came from another board and this is what i wrote they kept saying nothey pissed me off  so ive been watching family guy since it started and a friend and I just watched the episode where peter finds out he has a black ancestor Nate Griffin but if I remember clearly in an episode where Nate and lois great great grandmother where married (i think it was the episode where they where stuck in the attic telling about the griffin family history)so my questions is wouldn't that make peter and lois related their ancestor were married I mean wouldn't it my friend say no and I say yes.