SwimLegend
AS_anime_watcher

What does the symbol on Ed's jacket mean?

I know he uses the same symbol thats on Izumi's chest but Im not sure if they ever explained it (or atleast I've never heard what it was). So does anyone have any ideas on it or the actual meaning? :smileyindifferent:

I'M ON TWITTER: @CRAZYMEGANECHAN // 3DS FC: 3883-6257-2876 // Blog: crazymeganechan.wordpress.com // I also write Adult Swim related stuff on adultswimcentral.com

HELPER FOLDER HAPPENINGS:
- SUBMIT ICONS FOR BOB'S BURGERS IN THE BOB'S BURGERS FOLDER!
SwimGuru
Martinman

Re: What does the symbol on Ed's jacket mean?

Reply to AS_anime_watcher - Message ID#: 54057679

Supposedly it is carved on this guy's grave.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Flamel-figures.png

I'm in love with my lust, burning Angel wings to dust, I wish I had my Angel tonight.
Angel will not fall all for you, you stupid heretic.
SwimHELPeR
mgangel1124

It's a flamel, a symbol associated with Nicholas Flamel, an actual real-life alchemist who was rumored to have created a Philosopher's Stone.
Too bad that goon didn't know I've got like a million perfect ways of dealing with hostage situations.
You ever try just throwing something at a guy with a hostage?
Of course not, who the hell does that?
But that is exactly why it works every time.
So yeah, before he even knew what was happening, there was ten pounds of gun flying right into his face.
SwimPunk
LeonGriffen

The flamel also stands for victory over the devil, as there is a snake draped out over the cross, its pretty sweet
Brock: (to Doc) I'll only be a minute. Will you just wait out in the X-1 with the boys?
Hunter: You came in the plane? You call parking a supersonic jet in front of a titty-bar inconspicuous?! Who taught you to be a spy, @#$%ing Gallagher!?!
SwimSuperfan
AgentZ12the2nd

I sewed that symbol on the arm of my leather jacket once.
Dethklok Roadie #500 [Male]

Red Tie Coven Member #19 - Z-12 - Klokateer Commander and Temporary RTC Leader and Manager

Founder of The Klokateers Guild - Klokateer #1 - Supreme Commander of All Klokateers

PSN: ZTwelve - Xbox Live: DethDealer12
Order of the Owl
ben0119

That's cool to know what it means.

Also, it kinda' reminds me of the insignia Boba Fett has. :smileytongue:

HULK HOGAN vs. LELOUCH vi BRITANNIA // My AIM: BenO0119 // My YIM: bao0119 // My MAL // My DeviantArt // My Steam Account // My Tumblr Page // Me and my Seth Green autographed Titan Maximum S1 DVD! // Sate your hunger for FMA! // RAVE MASTER CONTINUES! THE MANGA DISCUSSION // Rukia Kuchiki Fan Club! (spoiler-free!) // "Traps, is that what you call my simple diversions?" - Naraku // "Are you actually crying, Vash the Stampede? That is wonderful, truly wonderful." - Legato // "Admiration is the furthest thing from understanding." - Sosuke Aizen
SwimHipster
cannabear

Nicholas Flamel ftw :smileyhappy:
poco meno mosso
rip
SwimHipster
BagOfMagicFood

Reply to AgentZ12the2nd - Message ID#: 54066382

Don't forget Al also has a purple one on his left shoulder.
Order of the Owl
ben0119

Reply to BagOfMagicFood - Message ID#: 54135083

It's red.
HULK HOGAN vs. LELOUCH vi BRITANNIA // My AIM: BenO0119 // My YIM: bao0119 // My MAL // My DeviantArt // My Steam Account // My Tumblr Page // Me and my Seth Green autographed Titan Maximum S1 DVD! // Sate your hunger for FMA! // RAVE MASTER CONTINUES! THE MANGA DISCUSSION // Rukia Kuchiki Fan Club! (spoiler-free!) // "Traps, is that what you call my simple diversions?" - Naraku // "Are you actually crying, Vash the Stampede? That is wonderful, truly wonderful." - Legato // "Admiration is the furthest thing from understanding." - Sosuke Aizen
SwimHipster
BagOfMagicFood

Reply to ben0119 - Message ID#: 54135128

Looks more purple in the new show to me...  But then again, the new show also puts only 4 notches in Al's neck-grill rather than the original 5, so maybe I shouldn't trust it.
SwimHipster
arrancar88

Reply to ben0119 - Message ID#: 54134743

ben0119 wrote:

That's cool to know what it means.

Also, it kinda' reminds me of the insignia Boba Fett has. :smileytongue:

the insignia is a mythosaur skull, an extinct species on the planet mandalore.

"History is like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace, and revolution continue on forever."-Mariemaia Khushrenada

"You know what you have to admire? A Catholic hit man who blesses himself just before he strangles someone."
-George Carlin

SwimHELPeR
Cille

It's been far too long since I've posted this.
My AD Wiki Page  |  SHOTTS #45  |  This week: Shinsekai Yori 17-18  |  We'll miss you, Gecko
My latest piece: Embellished Wine Rack   |   Random hawtness of the whenever: Leorio
Cille!  I choose you!   |   I like anime   |   Yay anime   |   And this is my beloved
Mark your spoilers, yo:  <font style="color: #232323; background: #232323">SPOILER-TEXT-HERE</font>
SwimHipster
Hillarys_Codpiece

Reply to Cille - Message ID#: 54320423

That is awesome.
Finkle IS Einhorn!
Einhorn is Finkle!
Einhorn is a man!
Order of the Owl
ben0119

Reply to Cille - Message ID#: 54320423

I thought that link said "Fullmetal Latina". :smileyvery-happy: