Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SwimStar
outrider42

Re: Eureka 7 #41 "Acperience 3" Discussi

Reply to Magil - Message ID#: 33641444

And now for your viewing pleasure, I present:

Outrider's Ep 41 "Are You Acperienced" Caps!!
These are highlights of the set, the link to the full will be at the bottom-
  1. It's Air-Norb!
  2. They go together
  3. Big Bad Momma Hilda
  4. Big Bad Momma Hilda 2- (this Hilda pwnage provided as required by lady Sesshy:smileywink: )
  5. The two look on...
  6. Sakuya dazzles the kids with her famous "Mr Fantastic Impression"
  7. ~Reach out and touch faith~
  8. A nice moment, such warmth in Norb's expression
  9. She's going in
  10. Sorry Renton, this is her journey
  11. Into the dreams
  12. Hi! I'm Sakaya!
  13. I'm listening
  14. This dejected look reminds me of Anemone
  15. OH NOES! I just spoke to the saint!!
  16. It's all good...Norb
  17. cause your so funny!
  18. Check this pic of Hilda in lfo action!
  19. I like this shot of Sakuya turning (has been altered a tad)
  20. And then this smile shot makes for good iconage possiblilities!
  21. She glows! What talent! And it's easy to make some comparison to lfo's, but why?
  22. oh Norb....
  23. UH! They, they are doing wha??? Oh this is my only shot? Better get my lines right...wait...
  24. warm embrace
  25. A boat in a lake...check...moonlight backdrop...check...soft jazz playing on the 8-track player......
  26. The Kiss--these kids don't mess around!
  27. I bet Norb and Sakuya can decorate one super awsome X-mas tree!
  28. And then it all falls apart...
  29. grabbing for her hand...
  30. but it fades away...
  31. losing her...
  32. one last embrace
  33. as she fades away from his grasp...I can't even imagine how that would feel
  34. and all that remains is a lotus flower
  35. and a compac in his chest that says Sakuya, then Eureka
  36. Eureka pwns Sakuya's puny hearts!
  37. She likes that
  38. You should be happy too-and a blush
  39. Our last shot of Sakuya shows her bright smile
  40. I'M BACK!
  41. And I got a makeover from Sakuya, she pimped me out Renton!! (deleted scenes show fishnets and leather-- :smileysurprised: )
  42. This bittersweet smile from Norb tells the story
  43. The Return of Woz!!!
  44. yeah Holland, you tell them!! Even if your spitting up blood and guts, even if they cut off your limbs, you are the Black Knight- "T'is but a scratch!"
And your bonus pic from the preview:That last one brings up a thought, the Nirvash is the oldest known lfo, found with Eureka 14 years ago, and these events between Norb and Sakuya took place 40 years ago. Hmmm. Anyhow, the full set is here if you so desire. And it is always available in my sig.
SwimHipster
RogueJedi86

Reply to badLINK - Message ID#: 33641339

badLINK wrote:

man yes the music is BEAUTIFUL the only thing is , I dont know japanies. So it **bleep** not being able to silg it, all i can do is hum, and some times sing a few words lol.
 So if you know so much about the songs, than mabe you can help me: i can not figure out what Charles Beems song is, i have it on a burnt CD along with other anime songs, but i cant look for it on the enternet cuz i dont know the name. If you know help me out lol

If you hear the songs enough, you'll pick up on the Japanese. Maybe not the meaning, or the actual words, but you will get the phonetics down.

And despite what someone else linked, you're thinking of "Get It By Your Hands", by Hiroshi Watanabe, aka Quadra.

Stoner: In other words, that which we call memory in no way exists all on its own, which means it is inexorably connected to the environment surrounding it. Do you know who it was who said that, Matthieu?
Matthieu: I have no clue.
Stoner: Man, you are really uneducated. I said it.
Swimportant

Reply to outrider42 - Message ID#: 33648862

Thank you, outrider. Your witty comments on those shots always make my day :smileytongue:
"Browsing the internet in the dead of the night is a sign of mature refinement."
Hanyū, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai

"It's not just about raw power, it's also about how far you're willing to debase yourself before feeling bad. And me? I ripped off my own flesh so that I wouldn't have to admit weakness. You're strictly little league compared to that. That right there? That's the difference between bonafide true Evil with a capital "E" and your whiny, "evil, but for a good cause" crap. One gets to be the butch, and one gets to be the bitch--Bitch." -Xykon, lich sorcerer
SwimStar
outrider42

Reply to MasterSamson - Message ID#: 33645440

MasterSamson wrote:

outrider42 wrote:

@Sam: I forget if this was even in this thread or the fanclub...but yeah, I think you may be right about Dominic being a "west pointer" with a family hailing from the military. However, there's still a chance he could be another poor little orphan boy. The main reason I say that is because he (at one time) looked up to Dewey so much, even visiting him in prison. There has to be a bond there, and that same bond is partly keeping him from lashing out (that, and his life-long belief in the military.)

Well that was in the continuing discussion.

But I think Dominic comes from a Military family but his idle was Dewey I think. If his parents are still alive doesnt really matter, Im sure they raised him though and not Dewey. Because if Dewey had a lot of a bigger effect on him he would be as fanatical as Dewey

Oops, yeah, continuing discussion, I got a tad confused going between all the E7 threads, ah sleepy:smileyvery-happy:

Anyhow, I would also like to add that I don't think Dominic was fostered by Dewey, just that he may have looked up to him as a fatherly figure as an up-and-coming officer. Another thing I think about are the parrallels between Dominic and Renton, Anemone and Eureka. Dom is like Renton in some ways, and I can picture Dom looking up to Dewey in a similar manner that Renton looked up to Holland at the beginning. And Renton of course, lost his father very young, which makes him more likely to want to see a "hero" type figure.
This was just a thought, I really don't know what to think about Dom, we just don't know enough.

However, I really think Anemone was orphaned or something just as tragic. I say the Evil-Light Bulb People found her and decided to keep her (the bastards!!) They probably took in a lot of kids for their purposes, I mean, come on, how many kids does Dewey have working for him?? They really like to use them it seems:smileyvery-happy::smileyindifferent: And what paent would willingly let their child go? Even to the military?

@Magil-- I'm glad you like 'em:smileyhappy:
SwimGuardian
GeckoZero

Reply to Xeleras - Message ID#: 33610885

Xeleras wrote:
yeah your theory makes sense, I'm wondering though what caused norb and sakuya to fail, did they do something wrong, or forget to do something? and there is more to it than just breaking through I think, Renton and Eureka both got through, had that weird dream, but when they both were in that ocean thingy and decided to go back together and wake up, the cloud dissapeared, perhaps a similar thing will happen with the great wall.

I'm tossing this thought out there, for whatever it's worth.... Notice that while Sakuya said "I love you" to Norbu, he never reciprocates? I almost wonder if that simple thing might not the the root of their failure; hesitation on Norbu's part. It seems (as it should be, with his training) that he's always in awe of her, always a bit distant in a way. It could simply be be that at the point they made their attempt at getting through the wall they weren't equals.
Renton and Eureka are past that point in their relationship; they became equals when they started doing the voice over at the end together.
All you need to know about Samurai Champloo: Amalgam
midori/green; a natural history of Mushishi
my Bleach character: Rikichi, Soul Society's #1 Renji fan
SwimHELPeR
Cille

Reply to outrider42 - Message ID#: 33648862

Those are some spectacular caps, outrider. Thanks, as always. :smileyhappy:

Regarding play-by-play: I don't read or post while I'm watching the show because I won't let myself be distracted from watching. I do scribble down notes while I watch, and then I do my whole episode roundup after the show is over. It seems to have been a fairly successful technique. :smileytongue:

And Gecko, I was thinking along those same lines about Norbu and Sakuya. He was definitely still afraid and hesitant to show his true feelings, for fear of profaning the saint. And I think they may have been rushed into their attempt too soon by the other monks, before they really had a chance to develop their relationship. But Renton and Eureka have had that opportunity, so they should be more ready when they go.
My AD Wiki Page  |  SHOTTS #45  |  This week: Shinsekai Yori 17-18  |  We'll miss you, Gecko
My latest piece: Embellished Wine Rack   |   Random hawtness of the whenever: Leorio
Cille!  I choose you!   |   I like anime   |   Yay anime   |   And this is my beloved
Mark your spoilers, yo:  <font style="color: #232323; background: #232323">SPOILER-TEXT-HERE</font>
SwimStar
soulreaper16

Reply to Cille - Message ID#: 33659461

i dont think so, even though eureka and renton have had more time they still havent reached the love that sakuya and norb have, sakuya loved norb right on the spot but it was different for renton and eureka their relationship took a while but the reason that they will most likly succed is because they know they both love each other and think they both deserve each other, norb and sakuya failed because norb thought that lady sakuya didnt deserve to have him as his partner and that he was there by defult, if hadnt pulled the compact out of sakuya things might have been different. on another note i havent seen dewy in a few episodes i wonder what he's up to???
"Will you kill someone you love because of love?"
Anime junkie born, if you've heard of it I've probably seen it.
SwimHELPeR
Cille

Reply to soulreaper16 - Message ID#: 33660073

Well, Renton loved Eureka right on the spot, too. :smileytongue: The difference is that while Sakuya and Norbu bonded through spending time together, there was still something of a distance between them, even if it was as simple as Norbu's deference toward her and her ingenuity. Compare that to how much Renton and Eureka have gone through to get where they are, learning more about each other and overcoming self-doubts and outside obstacles. Norbu and Sakuya had a very strong love for each other, but Eureka and Renton's connection has been strengthened even more by their shared experiences.
My AD Wiki Page  |  SHOTTS #45  |  This week: Shinsekai Yori 17-18  |  We'll miss you, Gecko
My latest piece: Embellished Wine Rack   |   Random hawtness of the whenever: Leorio
Cille!  I choose you!   |   I like anime   |   Yay anime   |   And this is my beloved
Mark your spoilers, yo:  <font style="color: #232323; background: #232323">SPOILER-TEXT-HERE</font>
SwimHipster
RogueJedi86

Reply to Cille - Message ID#: 33659461

Cille wrote:

And Gecko, I was thinking along those same lines about Norbu and Sakuya. He was definitely still afraid and hesitant to show his true feelings, for fear of profaning the saint. And I think they may have been rushed into their attempt too soon by the other monks, before they really had a chance to develop their relationship. But Renton and Eureka have had that opportunity, so they should be more ready when they go.

He seems less shy now though, in his old age. 40 years have done a lot for him. He was pleased at the prospect of going back to her, but he wasn't overly eager. He enjoyed her touch when they arrived, but he didn't seem shy or anything. He must have gotten used to the idea of her.

But why did he not see her for 40 years? I can understand the not-bathing could stem from some form of heartbreak. But why 40 years? Was he physically prevented from going back, or was his heart just not ready?

Stoner: In other words, that which we call memory in no way exists all on its own, which means it is inexorably connected to the environment surrounding it. Do you know who it was who said that, Matthieu?
SwimStar
soulreaper16

Reply to RogueJedi86 - Message ID#: 33660274

it was probaly his heart, i imagen that norb probaly thought that since he pulled the compact out of her chest that it was his foult and he just couldnt face her, of course this is all speculation, i assume that renton and eureka will make it because of their love, on another note the new look for eureka(in my opinon) is the best she looks so much better than in the begining
SwimHipster
RogueJedi86

Reply to soulreaper16 - Message ID#: 33660405

soulreaper16 wrote:
it was probaly his heart, i imagen that norb probaly thought that since he pulled the compact out of her chest that it was his foult and he just couldnt face her, of course this is all speculation, i assume that renton and eureka will make it because of their love, on another note the new look for eureka(in my opinon) is the best she looks so much better than in the begining

He wouldn't think it was his fault though. He pulled it out of her after she was already fading away. Odd that he grabbed for her chest though, and not some other part of her. Anyways, maybe he blamed himself because it happened when he kissed her, an action he initiated.
Swimportant

Reply to RogueJedi86 - Message ID#: 33660666

I thought he left to go search for Eureka and try and complete his mission, for Sakuya's sake(since she could not leave). Norb probably wanted to find Eureka, or at least keep an eye on her. Sakuya told him that Eureka would be born, and by the the time Holland found Norb in del Cielo, he already knew a lot about how the military was using her. At least, I think that was part of the reason, part of him was probably also shamed or heartbroken, but he wasn't just wandering around doing nothing during his 40 years away.
"Browsing the internet in the dead of the night is a sign of mature refinement."

"It's not just about raw power, it's also about how far you're willing to debase yourself before feeling bad. And me? I ripped off my own flesh so that I wouldn't have to admit weakness. You're strictly little league compared to that. That right there? That's the difference between bonafide true Evil with a capital "E" and your whiny, "evil, but for a good cause" crap. One gets to be the butch, and one gets to be the bitch--Bitch." -Xykon, lich sorcerer
SwimHipster
RogueJedi86

Reply to Magil - Message ID#: 33664853

Magil wrote:
I thought he left to go search for Eureka and try and complete his mission, for Sakuya's sake(since she could not leave). Norb probably wanted to find Eureka, or at least keep an eye on her. Sakuya told him that Eureka would be born, and by the the time Holland found Norb in del Cielo, he already knew a lot about how the military was using her. At least, I think that was part of the reason, part of him was probably also shamed or heartbroken, but he wasn't just wandering around doing nothing during his 40 years away.

Which is exactly why I need an episode on the aftermath of the rejection, and what exactly happened to him after it. This open-end is too lose for the show to throw off so quickly.
SwimStar
outrider42

Reply to RogueJedi86 - Message ID#: 33666841

A couple of thoughts-

One, I think Norb was just trying to grab anything he could physically hold of Sakuya when he grabbed the compac. I don't believe he grabbed quite on purpose, but that was the only thing he could grab-it was all out of desapration----OH DESPARATION!! :smileysurprised:

Second, it's real tough to assume why they failed yet. There are a number of ideas we have, and they ALL could be partly true.

They did not have a vessel like the Nirvash.
Perhaps there was that hesitaion on Norb's part-but I'm not so sure
Perhaps the people in power pushed them too fast
It is clear they weren't ready, either they did not know what was going on (most likely) or they were pushed so much they had no time to prepare(aslo quite likely.)

I think all of these could have added up to their failure. The real question is indeed the aftermath. I get the feeling that Norb fell into exile-first from people who may thought of him as a failure, then from fanatics who devoted themselves to much "wrong ideals".
And also, he pulled an "Obi-Wan" and waited until he could find A New Hope--actually TWO new hopes:smileyvery-happy:

SwimHipster

Reply to outrider42 - Message ID#: 33667874

I must have missed or forgotten something from the previous episodes.  I was shocked to see the vast number of fanatical voderack around Sakuya's shrine and that Norb and the Gekkostate had to sneak in.  Until then I was under the impression that Norb was revered by all the voderack and only on the run from the military.

If Sakuya was considered a saint while she was still had body, what is with all of the "saints" that had since been discovered and died?  I don't think there are any other humanoid corralians.  Are the voderack trying to go the other way and turn humans into corralians?

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
SwimStar
outrider42

Reply to S_ - Message ID#: 33670605

You didn't miss anything (I think,) that was the first indication Norb may be hiding from his own followers. I think he is doing it because of just how fanatical they are, he doesn't see many of them as believing in the truth, or even trying to find the truth. They perverted his teachings. So he went his own way.

I was just throwing all the ideas that different people have going on right now into one post.

My personal idea ties to the Nirvash as the vessel they needed to get through. And Norb hiding, waiting for a new hope.

As for the saints, I don't think that's their goal, I think the newer saints were trying to bond with Sakuya somehow. Since she was only in love with Norb, they all failed.
Swimmortal
bandnerdswimfan

Reply to outrider42 - Message ID#: 33553423

Another great ep. I can really feel the tension starting to build.

Awww......Sakuya was so cute :smileyhappy: She kind of reminded me of Anemone in some ways.

SwimHipster
kryptos

Reply to bandnerdswimfan - Message ID#: 33683609

bandnerdswimfan wrote:

Another great ep. I can really feel the tension starting to build.

Awww......Sakuya was so cute :smileyhappy: She kind of reminded me of Anemone in some ways.

That scene where Sakuya turns and smiles, with a bright-glowing white background behind her was definitley an Anemone moment.

gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
Save Big-O!Big O FAQ
Swimmortal
bandnerdswimfan

Reply to kryptos - Message ID#: 33683963

Indeed.

I thought she reminded me a lot more of Anemone than Eureka.

Also, young Norb was quite a bit like Renton.

Swimportant

Reply to bandnerdswimfan - Message ID#: 33684002

Sakuya and Anemone are alike pretty much only in looks. Their attitudes are almost COMPLETELY different :smileytongue:

Swimmortal
Wyotech_material

Reply to Magil - Message ID#: 33684193

absolutely. Sakuya is more like Eureka, and Anemone is just herself an attractive, a little bit on the crazy side, and deadly (an awesome combonation BTW). I am missing Anemone and Dominic cuteness.
First Kiss
Vicious
I love music.
A gift to my love
SwimStar
soulreaper16

Reply to RogueJedi86 - Message ID#: 33660666

i think he was just grabing for her in general as for sakuya and anemone, anemone is just weird i wouldnt be surprised if she is a koralyin(i dont think i spelled that right sorry)
SwimHipster
RogueJedi86

Reply to soulreaper16 - Message ID#: 33688795

soulreaper16 wrote:
i think he was just grabing for her in general as for sakuya and anemone, anemone is just weird i wouldnt be surprised if she is a koralyin(i dont think i spelled that right sorry)

It's Coralian. Think like Coral reefs on Earth. They're similar to the Scub Coral/Coralians of Eureka seveN.
SwimHotshot
TheRoyalFamily

Reply to RogueJedi86 - Message ID#: 33660274

RogueJedi86 wrote:

But why did he not see her for 40 years? I can understand the not-bathing could stem from some form of heartbreak. But why 40 years? Was he physically prevented from going back, or was his heart just not ready?

I think it was a bit of both. For a while, I bet he wouldn't have wanted to be reminded of her - it's GOT to be tough to watch the girl you love disintegrate before your very eyes (I'd bet it was his first love too - monks don't get out much, from what I understand - so that would be even worse). He obviously got over that, though.

I would say that it was mostly that he was kept away, though. This saint, this being from the earth, was obviously quite important to the people. She also seemed to be their hope - they did not want to disturb her too much, for fear of making her angry, and I bet they know what happens when the coralians are angry. They obviously also knew of the whole Limit of Questions thing, and how urgent the situation was - they sure seemed to be in a hurry, as they pushed Norb and Sakuya into it as soon as they learned she would even speak to Norb. Sakuya and her partner - apparently this Norb kid - were the hope of the world - they would go to the coralians and somehow put an end to this whole Limit business, and thusly save the world (I doubt strongly that the normal Voderak people knew anything about THAT - they just had the hope that the Saint and her Chosen would somehow save them from...something).

Norb and Sakuya go in...and then only Norb comes out, and nothing looks too different (there was the lightshow, but not much else). That would irritate the elders a tad, Norb going and losing their hope and all. The people would be a bit irritated with him too - he (or perhaps they) were false saviours, and/or obviously messed something up. I doubt he was all that welcome back at Voderak Land after that.

Of course, there were some that still believed in him - either that he had already saved them, or that he would, or that he, being in contact with the Saint, was somehow extra-special, or whatever. They followed him in exile (I'd say there was at least a little violence involved in that), and follow his teachings. They end up with the rest of the population of the planet, who aren't too thrilled with this, and more violence ensues (and, judging from what we have seen the last couple of episodes about the Voderak big dudes, it's kinda understandable - they sure aren't the peace-loving guys Norb's people are).

As for why Norb doesn't bathe...well, he just doesn't like taking baths :smileyvery-happy: I doubt anyone would have made him if it wasn't absolutely neccessary :smileyvery-happy: (do people drag the Pope off to the bath?).
"You perceive wrongly. I feel unimaginable happiness wasting time talking with women. I'm that type of human." -Sousuke

"I especially like cleaning the toilets...
At times the words "latrine orderly" flash through my mind, and I feel somehow dutiful.
Once on a nature channel I saw great icebergs of Antarctica. They gleamed and glinted, cold, forbidding, pure, and white.That's what I strive for with the toilets."

-Excel
SwimStar
soulreaper16

Reply to TheRoyalFamily - Message ID#: 33691052

40 years of dirt man that is nasty, or maybe he didnt want to wash away sakuya's smell or touch that would be romantic