Kittehportant

Re: Eureka 7 Ep.39 AS Dis. Join the Future

Reply to RogueJedi86 - Message ID#: 33204760

I tried to go to GameFAQ forums once. I think my IQ dropped 5 points in the 30 seconds I stayed. IQ points don't grow on trees, you know.
"Browsing the internet in the dead of the night is a sign of mature refinement."
Hanyū, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai

"It's not just about raw power, it's also about how far you're willing to debase yourself before feeling bad. And me? I ripped off my own flesh so that I wouldn't have to admit weakness. You're strictly little league compared to that. That right there? That's the difference between bonafide true Evil with a capital "E" and your whiny, "evil, but for a good cause" crap. One gets to be the butch, and one gets to be the bitch--Bitch." -Xykon, lich sorcerer
KittehHipster
RogueJedi86

Reply to Magil - Message ID#: 33207346

Magil wrote:
I tried to go to GameFAQ forums once. I think my IQ dropped 5 points in the 30 seconds I stayed. IQ points don't grow on trees, you know.

Yeah but everyone likes to feel stupid sometimes. A time to just let loose and be an idiot. Did you notice how horrific their play-by-play is? This goes on EVERY week. And if you suggest they not do it, they flame you with the "we're not the adult swim boards, this is how we've always done it, now gtfo and shut up".
Stoner: In other words, that which we call memory in no way exists all on its own, which means it is inexorably connected to the environment surrounding it. Do you know who it was who said that, Matthieu?
Matthieu: I have no clue.
Stoner: Man, you are really uneducated. I said it.
Swimperfect
RentonThurstonHero

[ Edited ]

Reply to RentonThurstonHero - Message ID#: 33205093

hmm

Message Edited by RentonThurstonHero on 02-05-200707:02 PM

Kittehmortal
theSLiKbandit

Reply to outrider42 - Message ID#: 33204397

outrider42 wrote:

RogueJedi86 wrote:
Off-topic, but sad fact: the gamefaqs Episode 39 discussion thread has more posts than our discussion thread(even though we allowed play-by-play this time). It currently has 433 posts in it. My post will make post 346 for this one. Come on, we gotta win!

How can people stand posting on that page? It's so bright and bland, no real linking (copy and paste?? get real!!,) no icons and just overall meh?  Why don't they come here? We do have some gaming threads here, but it just seems odd to me.

Some of them even mentioned the fix, so they do know [as] has a site.

Message Edited by outrider42 on 02-05-200706:19 PM

Think we should have them imported over here?
Awesome Kitteh
TheL0st0ne

Reply to outrider42 - Message ID#: 33204397

outrider42 wrote:

RogueJedi86 wrote:
Off-topic, but sad fact: the gamefaqs Episode 39 discussion thread has more posts than our discussion thread(even though we allowed play-by-play this time). It currently has 433 posts in it. My post will make post 346 for this one. Come on, we gotta win!

How can people stand posting on that page? It's so bright and bland, no real linking (copy and paste?? get real!!,) no icons and just overall meh?  Why don't they come here? We do have some gaming threads here, but it just seems odd to me.

they are probably used to that board so don't want to make another account. Does seem stupid for them to watch the fix here and then talk there, maybe AS should make the fix only watchable to people who sign up for a account here. So if anything they want to watch it then sign up and maybe they'll talk here instead.
If you want more E7 try and write to http://www.bandai-ent.com/contact/cs.cfm or try Bones site http://www.bones.co.jp/index2.html and ask for more eps or a movie. Figure the more fanbase the better chance we have at new eps or a movie! Gekko State: The Eureka Fanclub Member
http://www.myspace.com/thel0st0ne, showing sum love for E7
Hello Pizza delivery for a I.C.Weiner "Phillip J. Fry
KittehIcon
MasterSamson

Reply to RogueJedi86 - Message ID#: 33207519

Jedi this is the episode 39 Discussion thread, not the "pimp the GameFaqs forum whilst telling us how bad we are discussion"
MasterKitteh
Cille

Reply to azkirk - Message ID#: 33129218

ZOMG! Renton hit the ball! I mean...

:smileyvery-happy:

So this was an interesting way to end a season. We have our big world-saving mission all set up (even if it's rather loosely defined at this point), and what do we do? ...Play soccer. Or at least try to. It's interesting that Norbu would choose an activity that Renton was fairly good at, but that very few of the other Gekko Staters knew anything about. I wonder if Norbu knew that Renton had issues passing the ball because he was used to playing by himself. Very astute, that Norbu.

It was pretty entertaining watching Hap, Matthieu, and Stoner acting as sports analysts trying to figure out why in hell they were doing this. :smileyvery-happy: They came up with some good ideas... Renton needing to work off his "negative" thoughts (which would of course be on everyone's mind after that big sex scandal :smileyvery-happy:), giving Renton and Eureka a chance to bond as partners, getting everyone to work together and succeed despite big obstacles. But in the end it was just about having an opportunity for each person to learn something about him- or herself, and at the very least having some fun before they go into full-on Save The World mode. Which they probably need, after going through some pretty intense ordeals recently. And I'm sure it doesn't hurt to let Renton work off some of this pent-up energy that he apparently hasn't been able to get rid of.

So Renton freezes at critical moments, but is finally able to let go and pass the ball. Whether he felt like he had to be the big man and do all of the important stuff himself, or he was scared to do something he'd never done before, or he seriously couldn't figure out how to kick the ball to another person (:smileyvery-happy:), it's good that he was able to get over that and at least have the experience of successfully passing the ball to Eureka. And of course the resulting scoring drive was appropriately awesome, complete with trajectory flight, gratuitous Holland-bashing (awwww, poor Holland...), and tag-team goal-kicking. Booyah. Hopefully during the course of the game, Renton started to see Eureka as more competent and less in need of protection than he had been - he was all concerned about one of the goons on the other team wiping her out, but she displayed some pretty sweet moves for someone who knew nothing about the game. So it seems like that teamwork thing worked out after all, with Eureka showing her stuff at the same time she bolsters Renton's confidence with her belief in him and his abilities.

So I wonder where Norbu got these big brutes to come in and school the Gekko State squad. They were pretty fearsome. Of course, they're probably all completely amiable guys who would go out with you for beers after the game. :smileyvery-happy: I hope they didn't get into too much trouble after those KLFs showed up. Although if they were prepared to cover for the ninja-like Gekko State, I'm sure they'll be fine.

Holland made an awesome coach. He might not have been very good at getting his team to score, but dang was he all intense, and I think he really believed in his "team" and that they could succeed if they worked together. And he didn't get down on them for screwing up, unless it was because they weren't trying or they were getting down on themselves. And it was great how he vowed that they would all come back again to face that other team... in effect pledging that they'd all get through the coming mission and carry on as Gekko State.

Holland's big hero moment was almost as awesome as Moondoggie's sparkle and shounen-tastic special kick moves. :smileyvery-happy:

They should have kept Dr. Bear around to be the goalie. Nothing's getting past him. :smileyvery-happy:

And then at the end, lest we forget that this is a serious show, we get to see Dewey being a total liarface about the Sages' demise. Interesting that even though the Sages were all rotten and got what they deserved, it's still useful cred to have Lady Coda giving Dewey the orders to go on the attack. And it doesn't look like anybody much feels like stopping him.
My AD Wiki Page  |  SHOTTS #45  |  This week: Shin Sekai Yori 5-6  |  We'll miss you, Gecko
My latest piece: Embellished Wine Rack   |   Random hawtness of the whenever: Leorio
Cille!  I choose you!   |   I like anime   |   Yay anime   |   And this is my beloved
Mark your spoilers, yo:  <font style="color: #232323; background: #232323">SPOILER-TEXT-HERE</font>
Awesome Kitteh
anime_goddess05

Reply to Cille - Message ID#: 33211916

I just have to say I laughed non-stop during this episode. Reminded me of my soccer days, though I never stepped on anyone's face...I think. >.>

Holland was pure win as the team coach. Great motivation (if that's what you wanna call it). And I really felt bad for Renton because he couldn't pass the ball.

But in the end: Gekkostate + soccer = GREAT EPISODE
ANIME QUOTE OF THE MOMENT: “...what's this about?! Making enemies is something I've never...really avoided, but there's no reason for anyone to try to kill me!” – Edward Elric, FMA: Brotherhood
LITERARY/REAL WORLD QUOTE OF THE MOMENT: "The fact that I was a girl never damaged my ambitions to be a pope or an emperor." - Willa Cather, author
CODE GEASS REMIXED (my fanfic!) (Mad Respect to Kodai-kun!!) CG: Dirge of Daedalus Solomon FC Card
KittehStar
outrider42

Reply to TheL0st0ne - Message ID#: 33209136

Well, that's just lazy. They had to set up an account there, why not here?

Anyway, it probably is not a good idea to try and get them to come here. They must have some reason to be there, maybe [as]s standards are somehow too high for them (hard to imagine that:smileyvery-happy: )
KittehStar
outrider42

Reply to Cille - Message ID#: 33211916

And we have Cille in teh building! :smileyvery-happy:

"They should have kept Dr. Bear around to be the goalie. Nothing's getting past him. "

Oh so true, oh so true. Maybe next time they pick teams with those snazzy science people.

On a side note...
I wanna pimp my 1st eva's AMV:smileyvery-happy:
Kittehmortal
Wyotech_material

Reply to outrider42 - Message ID#: 33213101

Outrider that AMV, to be your first one, was totally AWESOME!!! good work.
First Kiss
Vicious
I love music.
A gift to my love
KittehHipster
RogueJedi86

Reply to MasterSamson - Message ID#: 33211858

MasterSamson wrote:
Jedi this is the episode 39 Discussion thread, not the "pimp the GameFaqs forum whilst telling us how bad we are discussion"

Oh behave. I was just trying to provide some motivation to keep this alive throughout the week. Hopefully Cille's post is gonna help! :smileyhappy:
Stoner: In other words, that which we call memory in no way exists all on its own, which means it is inexorably connected to the environment surrounding it. Do you know who it was who said that, Matthieu?
Kittehfamous
desantoos

Not as good as last week's, that's for sure. Last week had a lot to it; this week felt more like a filler episode usually feels like. Still, it's got more substance than other shows, so I can't complain too much. I still don't understand why Renton can't "do what guys do when they reach puberty" (though admittedly, I missed a few episodes, so perhaps this was already covered), so I feel like some of the actual plot points don't make much sense. The last episode was great because we found stuff out and characters matured, whereas this episode didn't reveal anything about any of the characters. Not much development. The whole soccer idea was implemented decently, though the action scenes were so-so.

Eh, I'll probably watch next week, though. The show's proven its value with the last episode.
I shot an arrow toward the sky...
Awesome Kitteh
TheL0st0ne

Reply to outrider42 - Message ID#: 33213101

true the Dr. Brea guy is big but hes slow at least he appears to be, all they have to do is kick the ball around him. But if they had the science people playing they probibly come up with devices to help play better like arms that extract out to grab the ball from getting into the goal or maybe even exo suits of some kind. They did have at least 2 people that had an idea on how to play but against pro's was just abit to much.
If you want more E7 try and write to http://www.bandai-ent.com/contact/cs.cfm or try Bones site http://www.bones.co.jp/index2.html and ask for more eps or a movie. Figure the more fanbase the better chance we have at new eps or a movie! Gekko State: The Eureka Fanclub Member
http://www.myspace.com/thel0st0ne, showing sum love for E7
Hello Pizza delivery for a I.C.Weiner "Phillip J. Fry
KittehStar
outrider42

Reply to TheL0st0ne - Message ID#: 33215263

As huge as Bear is, I think he's actually bigger than the goals! (at least the one's they used, cause they looked small for soccer goals.)
(twas a joke anyhows, form little Cille:smileytongue: )

Those science people have to be better than the 3 stooges:smileyvery-happy:
Kittehportant

Reply to outrider42 - Message ID#: 33216025

Mortia, Sonia, and Dr. Bear would make an interesting trio.
"Browsing the internet in the dead of the night is a sign of mature refinement."

"It's not just about raw power, it's also about how far you're willing to debase yourself before feeling bad. And me? I ripped off my own flesh so that I wouldn't have to admit weakness. You're strictly little league compared to that. That right there? That's the difference between bonafide true Evil with a capital "E" and your whiny, "evil, but for a good cause" crap. One gets to be the butch, and one gets to be the bitch--Bitch." -Xykon, lich sorcerer
KittehStar
outrider42

Reply to Magil - Message ID#: 33216239

I'm sure they would think of some elaborate strategy. And, they could always confuse the thugs by talking about their theories and ideas on the field, totally throwing the thugs out of their game:smileyvery-happy:

Kittehpotent
benajminbunny4u

Reply to TheL0st0ne - Message ID#: 33209136

TheL0st0ne wrote:

outrider42 wrote:

RogueJedi86 wrote:

they are probably used to that board so don't want to make another account. Does seem stupid for them to watch the fix here and then talk there, maybe AS should make the fix only watchable to people who sign up for a account here. So if anything they want to watch it then sign up and maybe they'll talk here instead.

ah i hate websites that do that...:smileysad:
My Space give me My Space
Like 24? Watch this!
Adult Swim good one this made the abc 15 news!
The most memorable anime is Dragon Ball Z with out a doubt! But i'm watching Naruto closely though. Could this show surpass it?
KittehHotshot
paleocyberneticyouth

Reply to Wyotech_material - Message ID#: 33172961

Wyotech_material wrote:
Stoner smokes. I don't think that this was a filler at all. The answer to the question, i believe, is to have teamwork, and just have fun before the shít hits the fan.

You're probably right.
"Once the Music leaves your Head it's already Compromised" - Jack Brewer
KittehHipster
MADDOGG78

Reply to outrider42 - Message ID#: 33216413

awesome  amv outrider
Swimperfect
RentonThurstonHero

Reply to MADDOGG78 - Message ID#: 33232011

ima watch it now
KittehHipster
RogueJedi86

Episode 39 Music Notes
----------------------------------

1. "D.J. Choice" - Cues near the beginning, with the flashback to Holland saying why the GekkoState has to play soccer. Ends on the shot of Norbu just before the title card. OST 2, Disk 2, Track 6.

2. "M3" - Cues after title card, with Renton still practicing alone. Ends when Renton takes the ball back and offers to teach the kids and Eureka how to play. OST 2, Disk 2, Track 9.

3. "Terror of the Smile" -  Cues when Holland goes up and wipes the dry-erase board, asking if everyone's up for the plan. Ends when everyone looks to Norbu for their reason for playing soccer, and he just smiles. OST 1, Disk 1, Track 13.

4. "draft any funk" - Cues on the next scene, with the soccer field, and Renton showing how awesome he is at soccer. Ends when Gonzy interrupts Renton and Eureka's conversation, saying it's time to begin. OST 2, Disk 2, Track 2.

5. "trance ruined" - Cues at the start of the practice match of Renton's team versus Doggie's team. Ends after Doggie takes the ball from can't-pass Renton, and scores his "GOLDEN FALCON SHOT". OST 1, Disk 2, Track 15.

6. "Okamochi & Jersey" - Cues at start of Part B, with Hap, Stoner, and Matthieu drinking beer as they rest. Ends when the opposing team shows up, which leads to the next track. OST 1, Disk 1, Track 14.

7. "M20" - Cues when the opposing team shows up behind the drinking trio. Ends a few seconds later, after the trio gets a look at them. OST 2, Disk 2, Track 12.

8. "M16" - Cues on next scene, of the Opposing Team warming up. Ends when Renton walks, in a daze, past Eureka to the starting lineup. OST 2, Disk 2, Track 11.

9. "Unknown" - Cues when the game starts. Ends when Hap drop-kicks the guy who tackled Eureka.

10. "Renton Thurston" - Cues when Holland says he's going in. Ends a few seconds later, when the score is still 0-34, despite Holland's intervention. OST 1, Disk 1, Track 22.

11. "Storywriter" - Cues at the start of the 2nd half, when Eureka tells Renton that she believes in him. Ends Renton and the Eureka score the goal, and the military shows up. OST 1, Disk 1, Track 2.

12. "Distant Memory" - Cues in the GekkoState lounge afterwards, when Holland starts talking, swearing they'll do a rematch when it's all over. Fades out in the shift to the next scene, with Dewey. OST 1, Disk 1, Track 5.

13. "Dewey Novak" - Cues after Dewey says he had not wished for the Sages to be murdered in cold blood. Ends at the end of the episode, after Dewey swears to use the Ageha Squad to break through the Great Wall and exterminate the Coralians. OST 2, Disk 1, Track 14.
Kittehportant

Reply to RogueJedi86 - Message ID#: 33250750

Thanks much for the music notes, I appreciate them as always.

KittehStar
outrider42

Reply to Magil - Message ID#: 33250791

KittehHipster
kryptos

Reply to RogueJedi86 - Message ID#: 33250750

RogueJedi86 wrote:

10. "Renton Thurston" - Cues when Holland says he's going in. Ends a few seconds later, when the score is still 0-34, despite Holland's intervention. OST 1, Disk 1, Track 22.

I was looking forward to your notes so I could check this, that really took me off-gaurd when they played the first two seconds of the song and then skipped to the ending of it. :robotvery-happy:
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg