Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hell's Minions
Metatronda

Re: Eureka seveN: Ep36, "Fantasia" -- [a

Reply to Green_Villain - Message ID#: 32557198

Green_Villain wrote:
and what about the other first 20 episodes? :smileyvery-happy:

Quite a few of those were comedic episodes (4,5,6,7,15,etc.).

The rest is your problem to deal with. :smileytongue:
Pumpkin Guts
Saiyanchichi

Reply to Green_Villain - Message ID#: 32556709

According to Gidget, Moondoggie is all about looks.  At least Renton loves Eureka no matter what she looks like.
Candy Thief
Green_Villain

Reply to Metatronda - Message ID#: 32557285

i guess so. well heres what i think:

i love the main plot, i dislike theyre side plots, theyre comedic episodes are funny in all the wrong ways, and they need to cut off the fillers 

Candy Thief
Peter_Wacker

Reply to Metatronda - Message ID#: 32557285

I guess I'm going to call it a day!

See you all Monday!

Vice-President of the Sangoholics, ¶¶¶¶¶General of the Evangelion Nerd Army,Chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff of the Rei Fan Club
My friends My Space
My Better Yoruichi Fan Card I’m from Squad 11
Eva Nerd Card Eva Nerd Card X ASMB Card
Spinning Spider
MasterSamson

Reply to Cille - Message ID#: 32557092

Cille wrote:
ZOMG HOLLLLLLAAAAAAND EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!1!1!!1

YEA IT Was LieK Totlaeh AwsomeEEE!!!!!
Hell's Minions
Cille

Reply to MasterSamson - Message ID#: 32557357

ZOMG dooooood I know!1!!11!!!9

Okay, so Holland was all hawt and nekkid and hawt and we get supar backstory and he was all cute and nervous and kind of dorky and the 12-year-old him looked like he was about 17 and it's about bloody time we find out what happened between him and Diane. Which was kind of sweet, with the being impressed with each other as kids, and finding each other again when they were older and both sort of on a mission, although it's obvious that Diane was more focused on her work researching Adrock. In fact I kind of got the sense that while Holland was all moony over her, she was more about her quest than him. Which puts an interesting spin on the "Diane dumped Holland" idea, especially since it didn't really seem like they were that much of a couple. Although I guess they were smooching in the car there that one time. So I suppose it wasn't just a one-sided crush that she sort of responded to so far as it got her somewhere in her work and she thought Holland was kind of cute. Which he was, incidentally.

And so we finally get to see Diane's face! S'about dang time. I suppose that probably has to do with the fact that we're hearing about her from the point of view of someone who knew her as an adult, although I guess Renton has had plenty of pictures to look at even if he didn't clearly remember her face from when he was young. And Diane was like 16 when she left home after the Seven Swell that killed Adrock? So she'd be around 30 now. Which... I thought Holland was 29... and he seemed a few years older than her, although that could just be because he totally didn't look like he was 12 in that flashback.

Also, I probably would have swooned over Holland's lifting too. :smileytongue: Did Holland explain how he ended up in Bellforest? I guess Adrock was teaching him (at least if you go back to the first few episodes when Holland referred to Adrock as his teacher), but it is kind of wild that young Holland used to go to the exact same lifting spot that Renton always went to. Especially after Renton's musing about the place where Holland was born and how that place was supposedly so much better for lifting. And how Holland said that it doesn't matter where you're from to be a good lifter. Kind of brings it full-circle. :smileytongue:

And hey, was there other stuff in this episode? Oh, right. :smileytongue: Eureka with makeup = not a good look. I even thought she looked better without it than she did with Talho's scaled-down job. But I guess it's cute that she wants to look pretty for Renton, even if it's just because she thinks that's what she's supposed to do based on what Gidget (and the other women - lolz taking notes) does to make Moondoggie happy. Except that Renton doesn't need her to get all gussied up to like her. And awwwww for telling her that he thinks she looks better without it. And WOO RENTON SAYING "I LOVE YOU" GO GET HER KID! Slowly but surely, there is progress. :smileytongue: Even if it's not as much as would impress Holland. :smileyvery-happy:

And so Dewey has need of Anemone again, so he's all sweet-talking and babycakes and crap. And oh look, there's that report that he should have read about two episodes ago. What are the odds he's actually going to start appreciating Dominic? Not so great, I'd say. But Anemone is desperate for a chance to prove herself to Dewey, and frantic to the point of laying an uber-smackdown on Dominic if he tries to ruin her being in Dewey's good graces. Poor girl needs a vacation. At a tropical resort spa or something. And meanwhile Dewey's playing the spin doctor, somehow deciding that the war is Holland's fault. I wonder if that goes back to something that Holland has done in the past that we haven't learned about yet, or if it has to do with what he's doing with Eureka, or having rescued Norbu, or just generally being a pest to Dewey. And there's apparently a "central Coralian core" that must be like the control center on the Death Star or something. If only Dewey can find it to bomb the heck out of it! Surely he'll win!

Let's see... Norbu is a slob. And kind of an interesting guy, with his "I'm sleeping - no, I'm profound" routine. And Holland was reading lifting magazines back in the military. Sort of makes me wonder what the line of succession might hae been like from Hi-Ref to ray=out. :smileytongue: And Holland said something about Adrock being possessed by scubs when he died... more of the military's version of things? Or what Holland truly believed? And poor Matthieu and his turntable getting slammed. :smileyvery-happy: And also Holland is hot. :smileyhappy:
My AD Wiki Page  |  SHOTTS #45  |  This week: Shinsekai Yori 17-18  |  We'll miss you, Gecko
My latest piece: Embellished Wine Rack   |   Random hawtness of the whenever: Leorio
Cille!  I choose you!   |   I like anime   |   Yay anime   |   And this is my beloved
Mark your spoilers, yo:  <font style="color: #232323; background: #232323">SPOILER-TEXT-HERE</font>
Scaredy Cat
outrider42

Reply to Cille - Message ID#: 32557092

Holland proves his manlyness here. I can't help it.
And this would be totally a good icon.
Basement Troll
Fome

Reply to Saiyanchichi - Message ID#: 32557331

Saiyanchichi wrote:
According to Gidget, Moondoggie is all about looks.  At least Renton loves Eureka no matter what she looks like.

Not exactly true.  I don't think Renton would have ever liked Eureka if she were fat and ugly. 
Hell's Minions
Metatronda

Reply to Green_Villain - Message ID#: 32557342

Green_Villain wrote:

i guess so. well heres what i think:

i love the main plot, i dislike theyre side plots, theyre comedic episodes are funny in all the wrong ways, and they need to cut off the fillers

Once again, I really advise people learn what "fillers" are before they start throwing the term around.

I think "fillers" and "emo" have to be the two most annoyingly over- and mis-used terms there are when it comes to anime...
Pumpkin Guts
MADDOGG78

Reply to outrider42 - Message ID#: 32557059

i think itd be easier if i just stole ur photobucket :smileyhappy:

Candy Thief
Green_Villain

Reply to Metatronda - Message ID#: 32557551

some people have different definitions for it i guess
Pumpkin Guts
kryptos

Reply to Green_Villain - Message ID#: 32557580

You can't really call it a episode filler if you learn major plot points, can you?
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
Save Big-O!Big O FAQ
Hell's Minions
Metatronda

Reply to Cille - Message ID#: 32557409

Diane is about 4-5 years younger than Holland.

If she was still around at this point in the series, she would be 24.

Besides, nobody ever said the Seven Swell happened 14 years ago. Renton kinda wouldn't be around if it did. :smileywink:
Hell's Minions
fool_on_the_hill

Surprisingly, there were no dancing hippos and crocodiles in this week's episode. :smileysurprised:

Some good ol' male bonding between Holland and Renton; how weird their relationship's progressed. It's sort of a strange big brother/little brother dynamic.

And hey, we got to see Diane's face finally! Her little chubby cheeks when she was young was soooooooo cute too. :smileyhappy:

And whoa, only two more weeks and then I'll be an Eureka seveN dubbie again (I got as far as episode 37, so everything past that is new to me).

Awesome.
Scaredy Cat
outrider42

Reply to Fome - Message ID#: 32557470

Fome wrote:

Saiyanchichi wrote:

Not exactly true.  I don't think Renton would have ever liked Eureka if she were fat and ugly. 

I agree, he was all about "how cute" she was at the start of the series. If she was a wookie, then things might be different, and the planet would die:smileysad: Good thing she's cute:smileyvery-happy:
Laughing Clown
boznia_85

Cille wrote:

And there's apparently a "central Coralian core" that must be like the control center on the Death Star or something. If only Dewey can find it to bomb the heck out of it! Surely he'll win!

Maybe the Orange is Dewey's attempt to find the tiny ventilation shaft that leads to the core...

All I could think about while first watching this episode was that when they made this episode, the creator's first thought must have been, "Let's see how much we can please the Holland fangirls in one episode!" :smileyvery-happy:
Spinning Spider
MasterSamson

Reply to Metatronda - Message ID#: 32557677

Metatronda wrote:

Besides, nobody ever said the Seven Swell happened 14 years ago. Renton kinda wouldn't be around if it did. :smileywink:

How many years ago do you think that flashback took place? The one with Holland as a soldier that is. Specificaly the time when Renton almost ruined their date.
Scaredy Cat
outrider42

Reply to boznia_85 - Message ID#: 32557780

Hell's Minions
Cille

Reply to outrider42 - Message ID#: 32557458

outrider42 wrote:

Oh god, I think I blocked that part out. Why in god's name is Holland dressed like a woman? With the necklace? And the suit jacket? He looks like he's going out for a business luncheon with the girls. *wants to forget that ever happened*

Hawt!
My AD Wiki Page  |  SHOTTS #45  |  This week: Shinsekai Yori 17-18  |  We'll miss you, Gecko
My latest piece: Embellished Wine Rack   |   Random hawtness of the whenever: Leorio
Cille!  I choose you!   |   I like anime   |   Yay anime   |   And this is my beloved
Mark your spoilers, yo:  <font style="color: #232323; background: #232323">SPOILER-TEXT-HERE</font>
Scaredy Cat
Zaphod_209

Reply to outrider42 - Message ID#: 32557059

Dear Anamone,

These are the new Mobile Suits, unh I mean LFOs that have just come off the production line.  We want you to test them out.

Dewey Novak
Dude, that was my heat sink.
Now where am I gonna sink my heat?
Scaredy Cat
outrider42

Reply to MasterSamson - Message ID#: 32557833

MasterSamson wrote:

Metatronda wrote:

How many years ago do you think that flashback took place? The one with Holland as a soldier that is. Specificaly the time when Renton almost ruined their date.

Also, Diane thanked Holland for meeting his brother, so Diane met up with Dewey too. Given how eager she was to get to her father's progect...I don't want to think about that.

I really liked the subtle use of color in the flashbacks, Holland's eyes, Diane's hair and shoes, that was cool.
Hell's Minions
Cille

Reply to Metatronda - Message ID#: 32557677

Wait... since when was the Summer of Love not 14 years ago? And Adrock could have easily died while Renton was less than a year old...
Hell's Minions
Metatronda

Reply to MasterSamson - Message ID#: 32557833

MasterSamson wrote:

Metatronda wrote:

I believe Renton was either 6 or 7 in that scene, so Holland should have been about 21 or so.

So...7-8 years, maybe?
Scaredy Cat
outrider42

Reply to Cille - Message ID#: 32557872

Cille wrote:

outrider42 wrote:

Oh god, I think I blocked that part out. Why in god's name is Holland dressed like a woman? With the necklace? And the suit jacket? He looks like he's going out for a business luncheon with the girls. *wants to forget that ever happened*

Hawt!

I know, the necklace kills me, he's soooo smooth. And the smiley, what's up with that? :smileyvery-happy:
Candy Thief
Green_Villain

Reply to kryptos - Message ID#: 32557629

that wasnt major at all. everything Holland said we already knew. they just extended it.