Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SwimNerd
Aurabolt

Re: Eureka seveN: Episode 45 AS Discussion

Reply to Magil - Message ID#: 34395505

Magil wrote:
The topic is that Renton and Eureka were on top of their game as characters today, both of them brought their conflict between them and between Maurice and Renton to a conclusion in a beautiful and masterfully done fashion. :smileytongue:

Not to mention filling the air with a good amount of heartfelt feeling and emotion which proves Renton's dedication and love for Eureka to an incredible level. Let's not forget that.
I am not a Bodybulider! -Sabin, FFVI

Nothing beats a good Saturday of D&D, Gaming, and Adult Swim. Keep up the good work!

Favs:
E7
Bleach
Evangelion
GITS

Drop a line at My Fan Collective! [html]http://fancollective.adultswim.com/Community/memberservices
/regwall/Profile?action=myProfile[/html]
SwimNerd
Raidenandsolid

Reply to Aurabolt - Message ID#: 34395569

I 100% agree with the PURPOSE and GOAL of their actions.. thats all I agree with.
You would think after running in circles 20 times, that on the 21st try I would remember what I had already done.. Confusing and pointless isn't it?
SwimHELPeR
Cille

Reply to Magil - Message ID#: 34395118

I agree that it was a very emotional moment. But I mostly wanted him to stop hurting himself like that. Trying to empathize with her suffering is one thing, but I wouldn't have automatically equated her glowing spots with wounds and pain. Even Maurice, when he tried it, seemed to realize that it wasn't really accomplishing anything. It did seem to make Eureka stop feeling so concerned about herself, but it was still a difficult moment. I almost felt like it was less about him reaching out to her and more about involving himself in her troubles. Which is an act of love, I suppose, but not necessarily the most selfless or sensible one.
My AD Wiki Page  |  SHOTTS #45  |  This week: Shinsekai Yori 17-18  |  We'll miss you, Gecko
My latest piece: Embellished Wine Rack   |   Random hawtness of the whenever: Leorio
Cille!  I choose you!   |   I like anime   |   Yay anime   |   And this is my beloved
Mark your spoilers, yo:  <font style="color: #232323; background: #232323">SPOILER-TEXT-HERE</font>
SwimHipster

Reply to Asian_Minority - Message ID#: 34395114

In Anime, anything is possible! Never say never. If it was impossible, then Eureka wouldn't even BE! And don't even go there!:smileymad:
Rain rain go away!!! NO MORE FLOODING!!.
Eureka7, Bleach, Blood +, Inuyasha!, Elfin Lied, My-hime, and several others now!!!
Alack and alas for we didn't really know thee poor D.iva! Gone but not forgotten Geckozer0
Ron Paul for President!!!!
SwimNerd
Raidenandsolid

[ Edited ]

Reply to Cille - Message ID#: 34395650

AKA Emotions can get you in to trouble or worse if you get too carried away with them.

Message Edited by Raidenandsolid on 03-18-200702:51 AM

You would think after running in circles 20 times, that on the 21st try I would remember what I had already done.. Confusing and pointless isn't it?
Swimmortal
bandnerdswimfan

Reply to matrixman124 - Message ID#: 34360671

So, Dominic and Jergens are now leading a rebellion against Dewey. Awesome; Dominic is cooler than ever, and I really like Jergens too.

The chances look better than ever of Dominic getting a chance to b!tch slap those Ageha jerks! :smileyhappy:

SwimHELPeR
SwimHELPeR
CAC

Reply to Raidenandsolid - Message ID#: 34395677

yup

this ep had me teary eyed, and i liked how the ray-out got spread around more than everyone thought it would be

"It could always be worse, you could be me"(CAC) GITS Membership Card , Orihime Fanclub
Its All Good in the E7 Nation(CAC) , Defence Against The Undead Card , Mommy #1, Mommy #2, > MAL
"Believe in the me that believes in you!" -Kamina to Simon
SwimIcon
anime_fan_800

Reply to CAC - Message ID#: 34395754

CAC wrote:

yup

this ep had me teary eyed, and i liked how the ray-out got spread around more than everyone thought it would be

See Stoner your story got out to the masses.  And you have followers now.:smileyhappy:
Well What Do I Do NOW??
SwimHipster
kryptos

Reply to bandnerdswimfan - Message ID#: 34395722

bandnerdswimfan wrote:

The chances look better than ever of Dominic getting a chance to b!tch slap those Ageha jerks! :smileyhappy:

This needs to happen! :robotvery-happy:
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggg
Save Big-O!Big O FAQ
Swimportant

Reply to Cille - Message ID#: 34395650

Cille wrote:
I agree that it was a very emotional moment. But I mostly wanted him to stop hurting himself like that. Trying to empathize with her suffering is one thing, but I wouldn't have automatically equated her glowing spots with wounds and pain. Even Maurice, when he tried it, seemed to realize that it wasn't really accomplishing anything. It did seem to make Eureka stop feeling so concerned about herself, but it was still a difficult moment. I almost felt like it was less about him reaching out to her and more about involving himself in her troubles. Which is an act of love, I suppose, but not necessarily the most selfless or sensible one.

Renton probably didn't know to do anything else. Her condition was bothering her, but for what reasons he couldn't necessarily piece together, so he decided to show her that he'd do whatever it took to make sure they would always remain a couple. It's not like Renton thought he could make his arm exactly like hers, but dammit, he was going to do his best for her. Renton's actions brought Eureka back to reality in a very effective way.

Another thing that I especially despised was when you accused Eureka of 'guilt tripping' Maurice. Come on, was any of what she was saying wrong? Maurice did say accuse Renton of causing her body to change, and he said that he wanted it to go back...Eureka was making him realize that if he wanted to love her, he would have to love what she had become as well. In doing this, she by proxy was saying that Renton isn't all bad, that she would accept these changes as part of herself.

And as a more general statement(not speaking to Cille in particular here), people keep saying that what he did wasn't the best thing, but I haven't heard a single suggestion of what the "best thing" would've been. Apparently you're all as clueless as Renton is, but still willing to pass judgment on his actions :smileytongue:
"Browsing the internet in the dead of the night is a sign of mature refinement."
Hanyū, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai

"It's not just about raw power, it's also about how far you're willing to debase yourself before feeling bad. And me? I ripped off my own flesh so that I wouldn't have to admit weakness. You're strictly little league compared to that. That right there? That's the difference between bonafide true Evil with a capital "E" and your whiny, "evil, but for a good cause" crap. One gets to be the butch, and one gets to be the bitch--Bitch." -Xykon, lich sorcerer
Swimmortal
bandnerdswimfan

Reply to kryptos - Message ID#: 34395863

kryptos wrote:

bandnerdswimfan wrote:

This needs to happen! :robotvery-happy:

I know! I really hope he gets to pwn them.
SwimIcon
anime_fan_800

Reply to Magil - Message ID#: 34395877

all i have to say is that society judges others on after the fact.  Not being able to understand the moment or willing to offer counter ideas/points to change an out come.
Well What Do I Do NOW??
SwimHipster

Cille wrote:

Renton probably didn't know to do anything else. Her condition was bothering her, but for what reasons he couldn't necessarily piece together, so he decided to show her that he'd do whatever it took to make sure they would always remain a couple. It's not like Renton thought he could make his arm exactly like hers, but dammit, he was going to do his best for her. Renton's actions brought Eureka back to reality in a very effective way.

Another thing that I especially despised was when you accused Eureka of 'guilt tripping' Maurice. Come on, was any of what she was saying wrong? Maurice did say accuse Renton of causing her body to change, and he said that he wanted it to go back...Eureka was making him realize that if he wanted to love her, he would have to love what she had become as well. In doing this, she by proxy was saying that Renton isn't all bad, that she would accept these changes as part of herself.

And as a more general statement(not speaking to Cille in particular here), people keep saying that what he did wasn't the best thing, but I haven't heard a single suggestion of what the "best thing" would've been. Apparently you're all as clueless as Renton is, but still willing to pass judgment on his actions

No one should pass judgment on Renton. He was doing the best that he could with what he had at the time.  What teenager would know what to do if his sweety started glowing green?
Rain rain go away!!! NO MORE FLOODING!!.
Eureka7, Bleach, Blood +, Inuyasha!, Elfin Lied, My-hime, and several others now!!!
Alack and alas for we didn't really know thee poor D.iva! Gone but not forgotten Geckozer0
Ron Paul for President!!!!
SwimNerd
Raidenandsolid

Magil wrote:

Cille wrote:

And as a more general statement(not speaking to Cille in particular here), people keep saying that what he did wasn't the best thing, but I haven't heard a single suggestion of what the "best thing" would've been. Apparently you're all as clueless as Renton is, but still willing to pass judgment on his actions :smileytongue:

Just give up on that, we don't need to give you a "better reaction/response/etc etc." type scenario.

You just need to accept that what he did was not necessarily the best way but what the story-writer/animators wanted you to feel, was teh best way, and you bit into what they sold. Good Job.

We are looking at in terms of possibilities.. Not stuck on what happened in the show.

As I said I agree with why he did it, just not how he went about it.

SwimStar
outrider42

Reply to matrixman124 - Message ID#: 34393985

Well, that was a fantastic ep, and with that...

Outrider's Screen Caps of Triumph and Despair
These are the highlights from the set

1. All the cool cats read Ray=Out!
  2. Holland is taking names
  3. Dude looks an awful lot like Adrok
  4. Gulliver!!
  5. Jergans and Dom make plans
  6. She objects!
  7. Off they go
  8. So, is magazine...
  9. This scene would have been SOOO much cooler if Bear had rode Gonzy's carpet out instead!
  10. Eureka is down
  11. Eureka reacts to Renton
  12. Maurice runs off...
  13. Renton begins to lose it
  14. Eureka is now the one pleading to stop
  15. THIS is a great shot of the two.
  16. HOLY SNAP! Maurice is strapped!
  17. Flashback to Rambo Eureka
  18. Maurice has talent--how can he hold a gun that's bigger than he is steady??
  19. And this makes Eureka...take her cloths off?!
  20. Eureka suddenly starts talking some sense
  21. Family hug
  22. Renton thinks about Charles
  23. Meanwhile, back on the Gekko...
  24. What's with that guy's hair?
  25. Jergans and Dom come to a conclusion
  26. Dominic is talking to the Gekko! He is ON the Gekko!
  27. Dominic learns what he has to do to join Gekko--A "special" photo shoot with Stoner!
  28. Talho approves
  29. Gulliver is moved by Jergan's speach--wait, Gulliver moved!
  30. Dommie confesses his love for Anemone!
  31. Jergans makes a great speach
  32. Meanwhile in the Technodrome...
  33. Our poor Anemone now believes she is all alone:smileysad:
  34. Well, there is the End
  35. Talho makes Dommie blush
  36. Holland still looks like Hell, but at least he can joke around.
  37. Maurice tries to be like Renton...
  38. and he's a peeping tom
  39. We bear fruit Momma!
  40. Renton, however, is not up for eating right...to say the least
Some shots from next week's preview:
Had to rush this one, I didn't have much time. Hope you like 'em.
SwimIcon
anime_fan_800

Reply to outrider42 - Message ID#: 34396134

thanks
Well What Do I Do NOW??
SwimLegend
EdSpikeSesshyGirl

nice caps Outrider! :smileyhappy:
MY TWINSEH SESS Anime I'm Watching: Eden of the East, Naruto Shippuden, Himitsu - The Revelation, Ristorante Paradiso, FMA2
"Nothing says 'I love you' more than evisceration" -- SLiK on Kemonozume
SwimHELPeR
Cille

Magil wrote:

The thing is that she had spent the entire past couple of episodes not accepting the changes or allowing the others to love her as she was. She tried to hide them, and when they were revealed she ran away and wouldn't let Renton or the kids reach out to her. It took Renton physically harming himself for her to accept his own acceptance, and then she turns around and expects Maurice to do something she couldn't do herself. What she said wasn't wrong, and it was important for all of them to realize that what was happening couldn't be reversed, but it seemed a little odd coming from her right after she got done pushing away Renton trying to tell her that he cared for her no matter what she looked like. Especially since you might think she would have been a little more convinced of Renton's feelings after everything they've gone through and the insecurities they've already faced.
My AD Wiki Page  |  SHOTTS #45  |  This week: Shinsekai Yori 17-18  |  We'll miss you, Gecko
My latest piece: Embellished Wine Rack   |   Random hawtness of the whenever: Leorio
Cille!  I choose you!   |   I like anime   |   Yay anime   |   And this is my beloved
Mark your spoilers, yo:  <font style="color: #232323; background: #232323">SPOILER-TEXT-HERE</font>
SwimHipster
LuvYorkiePionus

Great screencaps, thanks a bunch Outrider!

I still think that Renton did what he thought was the right thing at the time. Some may have thought it was irrational, but usually when people are upset, crying and the love of their life is glowing green and in pain they don't tend to think rationaly.

enjoys shenanigans, her pets and an ice cold Killian's
SwimSuperfan
barfkid

Love the caps. 
SwimStar
outrider42

Reply to Magil - Message ID#: 34394740

Magil wrote:
What's the alternative to beating his own arm with the rock, I ask? And would it have worked better? I think that was the probably the absolute best thing he could've done in that situation. It INSTANTLY brought Eureka out of her funk, and reaffirmed that he'd do anything to bring them together all in one masterful stroke. Just saying it wouldn't have been nearly as effective.

Um...not beat his arm?
He could have grabbed her and kissed her, works for me when my girl starts acting wacky:smileywink:

Look, what Renton did was not stupid OR romantic. What he did was PANIC. He was at his wits end with this whole situation. You really believe he did this purposely to snap Eureka out of her mood? I'm sorry, but he's 14 years old, that is just not the case.
He paniked. But what happened next is that Eureka stopped thinking about herself and started to think about Renton. It snapped her out of it indeed, but what he did was not premeditated.
Swimportant

Reply to Cille - Message ID#: 34396280

Cille wrote:

The thing is that she had spent the entire past couple of episodes not accepting the changes or allowing the others to love her as she was. She tried to hide them, and when they were revealed she ran away and wouldn't let Renton or the kids reach out to her. It took Renton physically harming himself for her to accept his own acceptance, and then she turns around and expects Maurice to do something she couldn't do herself. What she said wasn't wrong, and it was important for all of them to realize that what was happening couldn't be reversed, but it seemed a little odd coming from her right after she got done pushing away Renton trying to tell her that he cared for her no matter what she looked like. Especially since you might think she would have been a little more convinced of Renton's feelings after everything they've gone through and the insecurities they've already faced.

Even if that's the case, then what she said and did was the best thing for her to do. Eureka made it so that Maurice didn't have to suffer like she did. If she realized what she was doing was wrong, then it makes sense she would make Maurice realize it is wrong as well. Isn't that what parents do for their children?
"Browsing the internet in the dead of the night is a sign of mature refinement."
Hanyū, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai

"It's not just about raw power, it's also about how far you're willing to debase yourself before feeling bad. And me? I ripped off my own flesh so that I wouldn't have to admit weakness. You're strictly little league compared to that. That right there? That's the difference between bonafide true Evil with a capital "E" and your whiny, "evil, but for a good cause" crap. One gets to be the butch, and one gets to be the bitch--Bitch." -Xykon, lich sorcerer
SwimIcon
anime_fan_800

Reply to outrider42 - Message ID#: 34396412

outrider42 wrote:

Magil wrote:
What's the alternative to beating his own arm with the rock, I ask? And would it have worked better? I think that was the probably the absolute best thing he could've done in that situation. It INSTANTLY brought Eureka out of her funk, and reaffirmed that he'd do anything to bring them together all in one masterful stroke. Just saying it wouldn't have been nearly as effective.

Um...not beat his arm?
He could have grabbed her and kissed her, works for me when my girl starts acting wacky:smileywink:

Look, what Renton did was not stupid OR romantic. What he did was PANIC. He was at his wits end with this whole situation. You really believe he did this purposely to snap Eureka out of her mood? I'm sorry, but he's 14 years old, that is just not the case.
He paniked. But what happened next is that Eureka stopped thinking about herself and started to think about Renton. It snapped her out of it indeed, but what he did was not premeditated.

but if Renton did kiss her wouldn't that trigger the leap (or what ever it is).   Because when Norbu kissed Lady Sakuya she disappeared and he had a compact drive in his chest.  My only concern with that response.
Well What Do I Do NOW??
SwimHELPeR
Metatronda

Reply to Cille - Message ID#: 34396280

Cille wrote:

Magil wrote:

True, though if this is a lesson she just learned for herself (which it is), wouldn't it make sense for her to in turn teach it to her kids?
SwimNerd
Raidenandsolid

Reply to outrider42 - Message ID#: 34396412

If only I would have taken the time to think about it and made a simple solution like that.

But for some reason I just love complicating things so I guess it would have been the same if I had a whole week to think about it.

Totally agree with you outrider.

I guess some of us were forgetting he is only 14 years old (it even slipped me for a while there I got so wrapped up in it)