Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SwimNerd
Ninja21

FLCL Season 2?

I heard they were going to make another season of FLCL. What's your opinion on it? I say:

bring it on!!!

*Sometimes We hold Madness in Our Hands.*

"You can only shoot...if your prepared to get shot!" - "Zero"
SwimIcon

Re: FLCL Season 2?

Reply to Ninja21 - Message ID#: 50803119

No.
Starcraft 2 beta is making me lose so much sleep...Fark. I never thought I'd get addicted to a computer game again =\

Go Blackhawks!!!!
Swimmortal
Real_AirCooledMan

No.

If the story were about Haruko, they'd probably make more episodes where they'd have her chase after Atomsk. But FLCL is about Naota, and his story ends at ep 6.

</thread>

YIM: haxor_05. Belldandy is mai waifu. TOUCH HER AND DIE! GET AH! MY GODDESS ON [AS]!
My ASMB Member Card Führer der IB und AD. Blood+ Fan Club Card I HERD U LIEK MUDKIPZ... Jin Fanclub Certificate
It needs moar Belldandy. No exceptions. The Man of Two Mains and Twelve Alts If an outsider doesn't understand my rabid fanboyism, I've done my job.
R_ACM's Beats: Reckless! Mad Powerful! Drastic! Rad Des Schicksals! Mad Powerful! Part 2 Grab the Sky Velvet Underworld Bluthochzeit Schöne Neue Welt Blackin' Yo! Glaring Kein Zurück Willkommen In Berlin City! Ein Schönes Lied Mad Brutal
SwimNerd
Harusame

it's perfect the way it is!!! they tried a "second season" with FMA, but in my opinion, that didn't work out
Order of the Owl
Kakashi_Sensei18

nah, some things are just not meant to have a sequel.
Order of the Owl
Kakashi_Sensei18

Reply to Harusame - Message ID#: 50803227

Harusame wrote:
it's perfect the way it is!!! they tried a "second season" with FMA, but in my opinion, that didn't work out

You mean the movie?

Since Brotherhood is just telling the story like it happens in the manga. Its not a sequel. 

Metal Monster
empty_cookie_jar

I call shenanigans.

I'd watch it, though.

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ຈل͜ຈ)̲̅$̲̅] ɪ'ᴅ ʙᴜʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ᴅᴏɴɢᴇʀ [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ຈل͜ຈ)̲̅$̲̅]

BLΛNK BΛNSHΣΣ

SwimHipster
Domokun

Ninja21 wrote:

I heard they were going to make another season of FLCL. What's your opinion on it? I say:

bring it on!!!

no way dude. FLCL is fine just the way it is.

/thread

πάντα χωρεῖ καὶ οὐδὲν μένει
Panta chōrei kai ouden meneiι
All things flow; Nothing remains.
Swimuminati
smokwhileyoudrink11

Where? Where did you here this? From random people I bet.
You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and fa##ot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? Last.fm
Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death... I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.
SwimSuperfan

Reply to Kakashi_Sensei18 - Message ID#: 50803279

Meaning, some things aren't meant to be continuing franchises?

I definitely agree with you if you're saying that FLCL is one of those kinds of shows. You can't have a franchise if you don't have any kind of assets, or story.

SwimStar
memyself

Reply to Kaljinyu - Message ID#: 50804822

You don't mess with perfection.  FLCL can never be duplicated, even if by the same production team.  Leave the series as it is, and have AS bring it back once a year as a special treat.

I came back hoping things improved on this site. I found out the moderators were still s-crewing around with our postings. So screw them. I'm gone for good now.
SwimSuperfan

Reply to memyself - Message ID#: 50805148

Was it the ending that made it unduplicatable? Because if no good series should have a continuation, why even make more then one episode of something?
Order of the Owl
Kakashi_Sensei18

Reply to Kaljinyu - Message ID#: 50805203

Kaljinyu wrote:
  Because if no good series should have a continuation, why even make more then one episode of something?

Well its nigh on impossible to tell a good story with one single episode. :smileytongue:

SwimSuperfan

Reply to Kakashi_Sensei18 - Message ID#: 50805281

So an entire franchise should be one story and then never be seen again?

If the video game industry tried that it would have been dead in the water by 2002.

Order of the Owl
Kakashi_Sensei18

Reply to Kaljinyu - Message ID#: 50805297

Kaljinyu wrote:

So an entire franchise should be one story and then never be seen again?

If the video game industry tried that it would have been dead in the water by 2002.

Not all things, just some things are meant to end with what they have and then be done with it. 

Plus video games are different, its not just about the story. 

SwimSuperfan

Reply to Kakashi_Sensei18 - Message ID#: 50805398

So video games can continue on almost indefinitely because they can be enjoyed for more than just their story...

But what about the Pokémon anime series? There's no end in sight for that show...

Order of the Owl
Kakashi_Sensei18

Reply to Kaljinyu - Message ID#: 50806359

Kaljinyu wrote:

So video games can continue on almost indefinitely because they can be enjoyed for more than just their story...

But what about the Pokémon anime series? There's no end in sight for that show...

The show can basically thrive on the games, which can basically thrive on the creative team and enough binging of acid. 

SwimSuperfan

Reply to Kakashi_Sensei18 - Message ID#: 50806424

What about Dragon Ball?

Each saga was a different story, meaning that a story could end and a new saga could begin, thus lengthening the series. The only reason it stopped was because Akira Toriyama was tired. Hence his corporate masters telling him to get back in the saddle and make DBGT.

GT probably wasn't that great, but if he had a more involved role in it, it probably would have been as good as the series.

Swimmortal
Rainy29

Reply to Kaljinyu - Message ID#: 50806459

Stop beating a dead horse.....

SwimIcon
Nanichi77

Reply to Kakashi_Sensei18 - Message ID#: 50803290

Kakashi_Sensei18 wrote:

Harusame wrote:

You mean the movie?

Since Brotherhood is just telling the story like it happens in the manga. Its not a sequel. 

Correct.

As for FLCL, as long as the story is just as good as the original I have no problem w/ a 2nd ssn.

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Swimmortal
naraku361

Kaljinyu wrote:

What about Dragon Ball?

Each saga was a different story, meaning that a story could end and a new saga could begin, thus lengthening the series. The only reason it stopped was because Akira Toriyama was tired. Hence his corporate masters telling him to get back in the saddle and make DBGT.

GT probably wasn't that great, but if he had a more involved role in it, it probably would have been as good as the series.

Oh yeah.

We need OVER 9000!!!! more episodes.

You're all dumb, I'm smart. Because I said so.
I was afraid. Her eyes said "Mount me!" but her lips said "Nice shirt." - Ebon
Order of the Owl
Kakashi_Sensei18

Kaljinyu wrote:

What about Dragon Ball?

I think you just answered your own question. Toriyama was pushed so much he became tired of his own creation. 

SwimHipster
Panda_ka_baka

Dont listen to what everyone says in this thread.

Theyre all just trying to mess with you since your a new guy asking new questions.

Dont let that get to you buddy...

Ill help you out since im pretty much the resident nice guy in OA, and i spend most of my time here helping people out! :smileyhappy:

To answer your question, yes, theres going to be a new season of FLCL.

it will follow Naota (Aka Takkun) 4 years after the events of the first season, on his future adventures searching for Haruko after she left him alone.

Now before he moves to his college days, he again has to struggle with the age where he is no longer a boy, nor a full adult.

it is set to be another 6 episodes, again fully prodced by GAINAX, and is set for release in mid 2010.

Ill post source information later on.

Hope that was a lot of help there buddy! :smileyhappy:

Dont let all the mean people on the internet get to you ok? :smileywink:

Drink and Smoke More.

=^w^= Its Good for the Environment! =^w^=

( ゚∀゚)o彡° ⑨ Dammn Kubo... That Was Tite! ⑨ °彡o( ゚∀゚)

Swimmortal
Rainy29

Reply to Panda_ka_baka - Message ID#: 50815324

Justice tries...  but your still my favorite <3
SwimSuperfan

Reply to Kakashi_Sensei18 - Message ID#: 50815309

Kakashi_Sensei18 wrote:

Kaljinyu wrote:

What about Dragon Ball?

I think you just answered your own question. Toriyama was pushed so much he became tired of his own creation. 

So by metagame rules, a series could potentially go on forever, and the main thing keeping it from doing so is the creator getting jaded or tired.

Hence, to keep franchises running forever, we need creators to invest in their creations more. Tired? Keep making more episodes, or maybe appoint someone to take over for you in your stead.