Reply
SwimSuperfan
Posts: 4,113
Registered: ‎12-15-2007

Now FLCL is the greatest anime ever?

As in, not Cowboy Bebop?

 

This waffle house relationship that [as] has with anime is going down the wrong pipe. I mean, since the switch to the current [as] format, when the subject came up they felt no shame in admitting that it's ratings suicide that they would rather not have to deal with. But sometimes it's different, sometimes Cowboy Bebop is the greatest thing ever. So I'm like, "Fine, whatever, I guess they're one of many who overrate Cowboy Bebop. Not that bad."

 

But now FLCL is getting the treatment? Is whatever the rerun flavor of the ACTN week happens to be magically the best anime ever made? Papa John's had a word for that, it's called puffery. And I'm like Domino's. I don't have a taste for puffery.

SwimHotshot
funky_branca
Posts: 8,489
Registered: ‎08-11-2008
0

Re: Now FLCL is the greatest anime ever?

[ Edited ]

Reply to Kaljinyu - Message ID#: 59421246

hahahaha flcl greatest anime ever
ahaahahahahah flcl greatest anything ever
ahahahahahahahaha flcl even a good show
ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

so overrated
so

 

Show didn't even come anywhere near as good as people proclaim it to be. Didn't really see anything special. Disappointment. Weak.

 

etc

now with one of those 3DS doohickeys (FC: 0963-0360-1451)
twitter ••• last.fm ••• tumblr
Order of the Owl
covered_in_sponges
Posts: 26,773
Registered: ‎07-29-2007

Re: Now FLCL is the greatest anime ever?

Reply to funky_branca - Message ID#: 59422102

I disagree.

*sips tea*
I'd like to thank everyone who participated and voted for an awesome competition.

Second Place- Grave by Kohikki


Third Place- Neon Genesis Evan-DELI-on by Gaynor


Also Third Place- Prophet By BadWitch

SwimStar
GodspreadThin
Posts: 15,290
Registered: ‎11-18-2009

Re: Now FLCL is the greatest anime ever?

Reply to Kaljinyu - Message ID#: 59421246

Waffle House? Papa John's? Domino's?

You're obviously just hungry, little one.
Girl, you'll be a woman soon...and that really bums me out.

Thanks to superking09 for my scrolling sig.I'm in The Onion!
Bitten by holkimcardie1
"You are fun, I like reading your posts."- Sedai, clearly attempting to steal my heart.
"You're funny."- NightRangersAshes
S.H.O.T.T.S. Member #91!
What's your heritage? Because you look homosexual. Poisonbella is no mind-controller for the Illuminati. TOMOE242004 never forgets a face she hasn't kissed. MafiaFlood enjoys a wicked wit and a haunted spirit. Superking09 likes to mess with my forbidden sauce. PORNOJUMPSTART LOVES TO MAKE BABIES! GhostOfAnneUgligurl has to be fed twice a day with special meat logs. PresidentOfTheAVClub butters his bread with God's tears, because Mama didn't raise no baby. MrBarnabyJones is cast away on an island adventure for the future of the human race. Dethklok Roadie #530!

SwimHotshot
funky_branca
Posts: 8,489
Registered: ‎08-11-2008
0

Re: Now FLCL is the greatest anime ever?

Reply to covered_in_sponges - Message ID#: 59422392

 


covered_in_sponges wrote:
I disagree.

*sips tea*

 

I disagree with your disagreement.

 

*sips dr pepper*

now with one of those 3DS doohickeys (FC: 0963-0360-1451)
twitter ••• last.fm ••• tumblr
Squire
Dark_Lord_Khrima
Posts: 15,923
Registered: ‎04-10-2008
0

Re: Now FLCL is the greatest anime ever?

Reply to Kaljinyu - Message ID#: 59421246

FLCL is AS's favorite anime and therefore must be the greatest anime ever, yes.
SwimSuperfan
Xelrog_T_Apocalypse
Posts: 5,708
Registered: ‎07-22-2009

Re: Now FLCL is the greatest anime ever?

[ Edited ]

Reply to Kaljinyu - Message ID#: 59421246

... what the hell are you talking about? Are you referring to some new bump that I'm not yet aware of?

 

EDIT: Nevermind. I just saw the bump. While I still have no idea where the rest of your post came from, FLCL is Williams Street's favorite anime. They've said so before. There's nothing more to it than that.

SwimStar
against_the_tides
Posts: 5,501
Registered: ‎10-22-2006
0

Re: Now FLCL is the greatest anime ever?

Reply to Kaljinyu - Message ID#: 59421246

[as]'s list of the greatest anime ever, in no particular order:

Cowboy Bebop
FLCL
G
igantor
Astroboy
They told me nothing is greater than god.

So I chose to worship the Void.
SwimHELPeR
duzitickle
Posts: 78,886
Registered: ‎12-04-2004
0

Re: Now FLCL is the greatest anime ever?

Reply to Kaljinyu - Message ID#: 59421246

yes, FLCL is the greatest anime of all time.


You can call me FullMetalDuzi.
I demand this.
SwimSuperfan
Jeebus201
Posts: 4,053
Registered: ‎11-22-2010
0

Re: Now FLCL is the greatest anime ever?

Reply to funky_branca - Message ID#: 59422102

 


funky_branca wrote:

hahahaha flcl greatest anime ever
ahaahahahahah flcl greatest anything ever
ahahahahahahahaha flcl even a good show
ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

so overrated
so

 

Show didn't even come anywhere near as good as people proclaim it to be. Didn't really see anything special. Disappointment. Weak.

 

etc


You summed up it up in lowercase laters, so I'm done.

 

oh, for those obessed about anime promotion - please stop, youre just wrong. we cant even debate it because ive made a decent living by looking at promo schedules and ratings grids probably for longer than youve been alive. i can assure you that if anime promotion was the answer to anime success then youd see more anime promotion. cos then id be making more mad cash and wouldnt have to write things on the internet about anime. -Adult Swim President Mike Lazzo

http://vod.fxnetworks.com/watch/angermanagement - Full episodes of Anger Management. Because Charlie is winning, unlike Casshern Sins.
SwimSuperfan
Jeebus201
Posts: 4,053
Registered: ‎11-22-2010
0

Re: Now FLCL is the greatest anime ever?

Reply to duzitickle - Message ID#: 59428538

 


duzitickle wrote:

yes, FLCL is the greatest anime of all time.



No it's not.

 

oh, for those obessed about anime promotion - please stop, youre just wrong. we cant even debate it because ive made a decent living by looking at promo schedules and ratings grids probably for longer than youve been alive. i can assure you that if anime promotion was the answer to anime success then youd see more anime promotion. cos then id be making more mad cash and wouldnt have to write things on the internet about anime. -Adult Swim President Mike Lazzo

http://vod.fxnetworks.com/watch/angermanagement - Full episodes of Anger Management. Because Charlie is winning, unlike Casshern Sins.
SwimHELPeR
duzitickle
Posts: 78,886
Registered: ‎12-04-2004
0

Re: Now FLCL is the greatest anime ever?

Reply to Jeebus201 - Message ID#: 59428674

 


Jeebus201 wrote:

 


duzitickle wrote:

yes, FLCL is the greatest anime of all time.



No it's not.

 


yes, yes it is.

 

You can call me FullMetalDuzi.
I demand this.
SwimSuperfan
Jeebus201
Posts: 4,053
Registered: ‎11-22-2010
0

Re: Now FLCL is the greatest anime ever?

Reply to duzitickle - Message ID#: 59428914

 


duzitickle wrote:

 


Jeebus201 wrote:

 


duzitickle wrote:

yes, FLCL is the greatest anime of all time.



No it's not.

 


yes, yes it is.

 


 

No, it's not. 

 

Gainax has made better material both before and after.

oh, for those obessed about anime promotion - please stop, youre just wrong. we cant even debate it because ive made a decent living by looking at promo schedules and ratings grids probably for longer than youve been alive. i can assure you that if anime promotion was the answer to anime success then youd see more anime promotion. cos then id be making more mad cash and wouldnt have to write things on the internet about anime. -Adult Swim President Mike Lazzo

http://vod.fxnetworks.com/watch/angermanagement - Full episodes of Anger Management. Because Charlie is winning, unlike Casshern Sins.
SwimSuperfan
Xelrog_T_Apocalypse
Posts: 5,708
Registered: ‎07-22-2009
0

Re: Now FLCL is the greatest anime ever?

Reply to duzitickle - Message ID#: 59428914

I'm not really crazy about it either. Mostly because I'm annoyed by people who go digging around in it for meaning that isn't there, like it's some kind of freudian wonder.
SwimHELPeR
duzitickle
Posts: 78,886
Registered: ‎12-04-2004
0

Re: Now FLCL is the greatest anime ever?

Reply to Xelrog_T_Apocalypse - Message ID#: 59430370

to each what he wants to see, i guess.

its 6 episodes of greatness.

 


You can call me FullMetalDuzi.
I demand this.
SwimPunk
Thelerm
Posts: 46
Registered: ‎06-24-2010
0

Re: Now FLCL is the greatest anime ever?

Reply to Kaljinyu - Message ID#: 59421246

Paranoia Agent is the best Anime. Trigun is a close second and then comes Samurai Shamploo.

 

Thank you and Goodnight. All complaints can be sent to my secretary...which is a giant radioactive shark named Snugglebutt. I love him.

Hi, I am the real Lerm! The Lerm before Squidbillies decided to steal my awesome nickname...Grrr...

CHECK OUT http://bubsticky.blogspot.com and read about the mission! I love you guys...with all my p*nis. And I mean that...*sniffle*
SwimSuperfan
Jeebus201
Posts: 4,053
Registered: ‎11-22-2010
0

Re: Now FLCL is the greatest anime ever?

Reply to duzitickle - Message ID#: 59430928

It's by no means a terrible series, visually wonderful, great music, tight storytelling, and certainly superior to the children's dreck that's been polluting the block. But it is extremely overrated and the central narrative is surprisingly shallow. Being a kid **QWOP**, OK.

Greatest of all time? That's utterly laughable. Gunbuster was better, Gurren was way better, EVA was better, hell, while on the same level narrative wise I could even say Panty and Stocking was far more visually inventive. And that's just Gainax.

oh, for those obessed about anime promotion - please stop, youre just wrong. we cant even debate it because ive made a decent living by looking at promo schedules and ratings grids probably for longer than youve been alive. i can assure you that if anime promotion was the answer to anime success then youd see more anime promotion. cos then id be making more mad cash and wouldnt have to write things on the internet about anime. -Adult Swim President Mike Lazzo

http://vod.fxnetworks.com/watch/angermanagement - Full episodes of Anger Management. Because Charlie is winning, unlike Casshern Sins.
Swimmortal
Goldar
Posts: 39,338
Registered: ‎05-31-2005

Re: Now FLCL is the greatest anime ever?

Reply to funky_branca - Message ID#: 59422812


funky_branca wrote:

 


covered_in_sponges wrote:
I disagree.

*sips tea*

 

I disagree with your disagreement.

 

*sips dr pepper*


I agree. *hits crack pipe*
“Dopplepopolis? Is that Greek?”
SwimStar
against_the_tides
Posts: 5,501
Registered: ‎10-22-2006
0

Re: Now FLCL is the greatest anime ever?

Reply to Jeebus201 - Message ID#: 59441528


Jeebus201 wrote:
Gurren was way better
This is where I realized your opinion means nothing to me. Dear god, every time I see a bit more of that, I'm struck by how bland it is.

People around here hype the craziest s
hit. I really hope [as] is done listening to the fans after going with Death Note and Code Geass.
They told me nothing is greater than god.

So I chose to worship the Void.
SwimSuperfan
Jeebus201
Posts: 4,053
Registered: ‎11-22-2010

Re: Now FLCL is the greatest anime ever?

Reply to against_the_tides - Message ID#: 59442994

Says the guy with an Inu-Yasha avatar,

oh, for those obessed about anime promotion - please stop, youre just wrong. we cant even debate it because ive made a decent living by looking at promo schedules and ratings grids probably for longer than youve been alive. i can assure you that if anime promotion was the answer to anime success then youd see more anime promotion. cos then id be making more mad cash and wouldnt have to write things on the internet about anime. -Adult Swim President Mike Lazzo

http://vod.fxnetworks.com/watch/angermanagement - Full episodes of Anger Management. Because Charlie is winning, unlike Casshern Sins.
Order of the Owl
covered_in_sponges
Posts: 26,773
Registered: ‎07-29-2007
0

Re: Now FLCL is the greatest anime ever?

Reply to Jeebus201 - Message ID#: 59443456

All of your opinions on anime svck.

[as] needs Super Sexy Android Pinky.
I'd like to thank everyone who participated and voted for an awesome competition.

Second Place- Grave by Kohikki


Third Place- Neon Genesis Evan-DELI-on by Gaynor


Also Third Place- Prophet By BadWitch

Swimmortal
Goldar
Posts: 39,338
Registered: ‎05-31-2005
0

Re: Now FLCL is the greatest anime ever?

Reply to covered_in_sponges - Message ID#: 59443616

That's because anime is teh suck.
“Dopplepopolis? Is that Greek?”
Order of the Owl
covered_in_sponges
Posts: 26,773
Registered: ‎07-29-2007
0

Re: Now FLCL is the greatest anime ever?

Reply to Goldar - Message ID#: 59443698

NO U!!!
I'd like to thank everyone who participated and voted for an awesome competition.

Second Place- Grave by Kohikki


Third Place- Neon Genesis Evan-DELI-on by Gaynor


Also Third Place- Prophet By BadWitch

SwimSuperfan
Jeebus201
Posts: 4,053
Registered: ‎11-22-2010
0

Re: Now FLCL is the greatest anime ever?

Reply to covered_in_sponges - Message ID#: 59443616

I don't know what that is, but you're tasteless for suggesting it.

oh, for those obessed about anime promotion - please stop, youre just wrong. we cant even debate it because ive made a decent living by looking at promo schedules and ratings grids probably for longer than youve been alive. i can assure you that if anime promotion was the answer to anime success then youd see more anime promotion. cos then id be making more mad cash and wouldnt have to write things on the internet about anime. -Adult Swim President Mike Lazzo

http://vod.fxnetworks.com/watch/angermanagement - Full episodes of Anger Management. Because Charlie is winning, unlike Casshern Sins.
Order of the Owl
covered_in_sponges
Posts: 26,773
Registered: ‎07-29-2007
0

Re: Now FLCL is the greatest anime ever?

Reply to Jeebus201 - Message ID#: 59443820

How about Rin, Daughters of Mnemosyne?
I'd like to thank everyone who participated and voted for an awesome competition.

Second Place- Grave by Kohikki


Third Place- Neon Genesis Evan-DELI-on by Gaynor


Also Third Place- Prophet By BadWitch