03-22-2009 02:21 AM - last edited on 06-07-2009 03:56 PM by SwimMod_Beezo
Welcome to the SwimmerHood Of The Traveling Shotglass!
The History of SHOTTS:
On October 1, 2006, [adult swim] ran an essay contest in order to give away one very special owl shotglass from their hallowed halls to someone else's grubby paws.
The cost : 33 words on why the author deserved the priviledge.
On October 8, 2006, the contest was closed and the winner and her winning essay were announced during the Sunday Viewer Bumps :
"if i won the glass, id take my shot and send it to another [as] fan.
they would do the same.
it would be like that stupid traveling gnome.
only better and stuff."
and so, the Swimmerhood was born.
Anniversary Celebration Fun Time:
Rules and Regulations to join this Journey:
When [adult swim] awarded the shotglass, they set forth two rules that we must all adhere to :
1. You Must send it to another [as] fan.
2. You Must wash it before you send it.
They know their fans too well.
And over the course of this long and winding journey, further rulings have been made by the Committee of Stuff to help ensure the safety and continuation of this little social experiment :
* Please use FedEx or UPS. This is too important for normal U.S. Postal. Not only that, but carrier services like FedEx and UPS offer tracking numbers as part of their service
without any additional charges. Tracking numbers = peace of mind.
* If you want your shot with the glass, you MUST post in this thread asking for it from the person who will be sending it.
The point of things is to be inclusive and not exclusive so all gimme-gimme's have to be done in the public eye of this thread and not hiding in the land of PMs and IMs.
* The last person chosen chooses the next person, through many different means. Please be fair and just. This also keeps things from cycling among only a few people.
* If someone chooses you, and you accept, you MUST post your promise to continue the shotglass on its journey.
[as] made that as Rule One and it's important enough to repeat.
* Keep us up to date, if you happen to have the glass or are receiving it so we wont freak out. 'cuz we will. Seriously.
* You must be PM system available to be in this Swimmerhood. There's reasons behind this :
- the minimum age for the boards is 13. If someone sent a shotglass and box full of mystery crap to a 13, 14, 15 year old...well, the worse case scenarios are all bad.
- there is limited personal info exchanged that under no circumstances should ever be put on the boards proper. Ever. We're talking mailing infos which once again is not
something that anyone here should be getting from a youngster. Said mailing info is only done between the one shipping to the next-in-line and no one else. So, lets keep
this 18+, for all our sakes.
* Everyone who's had their shot from the glass needs to be noted, to avoid repeats. And that's not just for our records, WS likes to laugh at the list too.
* Please dont take this wrongly folks.. you need to be an established member of the boards to be in line for this.
If we dont know ya.. how can we be sure that you have the same intentions regarding [as]?
If you're not established.. it's an easy enough fix. Just post with us and let us get to know you and you'll be established in no time.
The only difference between newbie and old hat is merely time.
* We need a list of everyone who's had it and the next ones in line, etc. 'cuz we all like to keep good records about stuff like this.
It also helps to keep things on-track on those occasions where holidays and shipping delays conspire to make us forgetful.
* If you're chosen, but fail to log onto the boards for 2 weeks after being chosen to accept, your spot will be forfeited and the chooser chooses again. This is also to help keep
things rolling along regularly.
* There will be no trading promises of sex for the shotglass. NO NOOKIE! period. You think we wouldn't have to have this as a real rule but there you have it. An Addeum to
this rule is no using the shotglass as an "athletic supporter" either.
* When the shotglass journal gets full, the whole box goes back to duzitickle for journal replacement and general swag pull.
The shotglass then goes back on the trail while WS recieves their own box of travel momentos and a complete update of the adventures thus far.
* When the Hot Shotts List reaches 100 official members, older members can reapply to host again [same rules apply] and participate in contests for reals.
But the emphasis will always be on newer members getting spots. Consider the Host recycling as a means to keep the shotglass in circulation instead of sitting on her
bubble.* Should this experiment in trust, travel, and [as] glass-related shenanigans draw to an official close, the shotglass, journals, and box o' swag go back to WS via duzitickle.
Links to Previous SHOTTS versions:
The Swimmerhood of the Traveling Shotglass [Original Archived Thread] - [10.20.06 - 7.11.07]
Swimmerhood of the Traveling Shotglass Version 2 - [7.11.07 - 4.03.08]
Swimmerhood of the Traveling Shotglass Version 3 - [4.03.08 - 7.09.08] - Zombie Edition, aka, boards ate it. *burp...
Swimmerhood of the Traveling Shotglass Version 3.2 - [7.09.08 - 3.23.09]
03-22-2009 03:14 AM - last edited on 03-31-2009 02:45 PM by Swim_Ceej
|The Honorable SHOTTS Membership List|
|1.||duzitickle||41.||GreenThreads [also: Jebus1]|
|2.||Milarkie [also: Pebbles and scrapyard]||42.||grenadiere420|
|3.||Explosivo_420 [also: dbferret]||43.||venus_df|
|5.||Rainy_Day_May||45.||Cille [also: Metatronda]|
|6.||itsacoaster||46.||mopargirl420 [also: DrunkGeek254]|
|7.||Smaddy [also: Magikthise again]||47.||mahala_la_la|
|8.||katt_goddess [also: KagomeInu]||48.||the_tick_rules2|
|17.5||duzitickle [also: Strawberry_Gashes]|
|18.||goz [also: I_Am_Jacks_STD]||58.||levus_gnome|
|37.||cgvampyre [also: alucard82, sudoki, buttercuperica, 'unknown sipper']||77.|
|39.||attack_kitty [also: Qarrit]||79.|
|40.||RIN_00 [**end of sg saga/beginning of evilBETTY saga**]||80.|
03-22-2009 03:20 AM - last edited on 03-31-2009 02:45 PM by Swim_Ceej
The SHOTTS Contest List: [a list of all the contests thus far that have been used to determine the next-in-line]
1. duzitickle - n/a
2. Milarkie - n/a
3. Explosivo_420 - n/a
4. Majikthise - n/a
5. Rainy_Day_May - n/a
6. itsacoaster - n/a
7. Smaddy - n/a
8. katt_goddess - n/a. picked VicodinEs due to a fragile rider in the box for him.
9. VicodinEs - n/a
10. Chubby_McLove - gave it to the first person to message him about it.
11. Ronin356 - n/a
12. lesans_muse - n/a
13. adultswimmer02 - n/a
14. -Unknown_User- - n/a
15. SurleyMcDouchebag - give interesting reasons they should get the glass, things they'll do, where they'll take it.
16. anonymaus - chose skyllama because llama had supported him in getting the shotglass.
17. skyllama13 - creative story, haiku or poem about the shotglass.
17.5 duzitickle - n/a [changing of the journal and swag cull stop]
18. goz - n/a
19. BigBear777 - n/a
20. malon_loves_link - used a survey.
21. sticksOsteel - write sg's theme song.
22. smurfee_mcgee - what album am I listening to?
23. darthmaulian - n/a as maul had already chosen tofu in the thread to have it if he won.
24. darth_tofu - requested pictures of places you would take sg.
25. Baltazar - n/a. gave it straight to Mystic, picked the one he thought should be next.
26. MysticJhn - four-part contest : best quote, make avatar, create drinking game, and 33 words.
27. darcy153 - write a story using the word "fanatic" .
28. Mr_Batou - post in the "Dear [adult swim] " thread for April something to do with the shotglass.
29. VashVsGoku - submit a drawing, poem, or essay of a fight between Vash and Goku.
30. Gene_starwend - n/a. outright picked Vicki.
31. VickiSanRoman - pulled name out of a hat [from 12 entrants] .
32. NumyMufn - tell me what THE highlight of sg's visit with you would be [trick question] .
33. Leon_McNichol - wrestling contest.
34. Arachnomancer - quiz. the answers were compared in an online quiz thingie.
35. Bizarro_Deus - movie quote quiz.
36. Conan_Edogawa420 - write 250 words on why they wanted sg.
37. cgvampyre - three-part contest : quiz, finish a story about the shotglass, and scavenger.
38. SesshomaruBebop87 - Who / What am I contest.
39. attack_kitty - draw an attack kitty.
40. RIN_00 - plan an awesome party for sg.
41. GreenThreads - crazy insane random quiz.
42. grenadiere420 - write a poem of a hero on a quest for the mystical shotglass.
43. venus_df - teach HTML tricks to use in her sig.
44. theSLiKbandit - make Yu-Gi-Oh! cards related to anime.
45. Cille -create hawt anime manz fanart.
46. mopargirl420 - think of an item[s] that you think should be sold in the Shop. [as] related.
47. mahala_la_la - make up a story / legend / fairytale / myth / folklore of why there is no four.
48. the_tick_rules2 - rewrite a scene of romantic / sexual tension from any [as] show, replacing one of the characters with yourself.
49. fok - make a new character for an [as] show that already exists.
50. comedyswimfan089 - write a love poem in the voice of one of the [as] characters involved in a relationship.
51. holkimcardie1 - write a story where a character from an [as] cartoon gets the shotglass.
52. dutch_oven - photo scavenger hunt.
53. GandT - [as]-themed abstract art.
54. Edward_33 - [as]-themed fanart.
55. SnappleMan - beat me in a game of internet backgammon.
56. qaz334 - [as]-themed ASCII art.
57. pryoga - comic strip "fill-in-the-dialogue bubbles" contest.
58. levus_gnome - guess a number between 1-10 and it's yours.
59. terrorist96 - n/a.
60. The_Pirate-King - submit sig code.
61. JustinCoherent - unbannably naughty pirate limerick.
62. Sethylococcus - recite Rule 42; create a contest contest.
63. stilgar - write story about two gods in a battle to the death.
64. lunastar3 - what would your favorite [as] character do with BETTY.
65. GypsyWoman72 - create a BETTY related Motivator.
66. Samurai_Champloo_Fan - find / make S_C_F a new [as] related desktop wallpaper.
67. cidthekittyisfun - create a custom [as] icon.
68. SayanSudoku - make a personals ad for BETTY.
69. ShadowGuy6 - design an [as] board game.
70. FieryDoom - pitch an original comedy show idea.
71. fatfish50 - the "That's what she said" contest.
72. Ronslady4ever - 70's MatchGame gameshow Q & A.
73. Spellvira - analyze a character from the [as] block.
74. The_Letter_R - [as] games : pwn for BETTY.
03-23-2009 11:43 PM - edited 03-23-2009 11:46 PM
03-23-2009 11:58 PM
Thanks katt. Good job. I feel more refreshed already.
*runs off to update sig*
03-24-2009 12:02 AM
03-24-2009 12:07 AM
03-24-2009 12:40 AM
03-24-2009 12:46 AM
For those of you just joining us........the_Letter_R should be along shortly to re-post the current contest. It's a good one. PWN.
Go ahead and make yourself comfortable, and get familiar with the history and links in the katt's post in the mean time.
03-24-2009 12:59 AM
03-24-2009 05:34 AM
03-24-2009 08:55 AM
Somebody should put up Stop signs in the ocean. That way the sharks would see them, stop and then die.
03-24-2009 12:11 PM - edited 03-24-2009 12:13 PM
Katt - nice intro, it was a nice refresher on all the happenins
I updated my sig, then thought, why do I even do this, I pretty much confine my posting to this thread and I don't even post that much. Anyway for what it's worth my link should work now.
Before I go back to lurking, any word on BETTY?
Justin - please post that you still have her and she is okay, or that she is on her way to her next destination. I'd hate to think Bubo really did fly off with her...
03-24-2009 01:38 PM
Betty is supposedly safe with Justin, while Sethylococcus works out some family stuff. I don't know why Justin's been so stingy with the updates, Betty will move on to Sethy or the next person (I think it's Stilgar) within the week, I would assume. Our thoughts are with you Sethy.
Also, katt did a great job with the OP, but I'd also like to thank Holkimcardie for her previous OP, it is the one I learned about the SHOTTS on, and it will always hold a special place in my nethers (as Qaz would say).
03-24-2009 02:38 PM
03-24-2009 06:18 PM
03-24-2009 07:12 PM
03-24-2009 09:05 PM
03-24-2009 09:29 PM
03-24-2009 09:36 PM
its fun for me cuz i get to watch it travel around to the fans.
i love seeing where she is and what shes been up to.
shes been from the alamo to niagra falls
to the big apple and the northern lights of alaska.
and many, many, many places between.
shes been traveling for over two years now.
its fun to see how long she'll be out there
before we send her back to WS.
03-24-2009 09:49 PM
03-24-2009 10:04 PM
well, i could imagine [as] giving a pair away.
im not sure that id jump on the wagon to wear them..
but a shotglass with owls is pretty danged rad.
TM & © 2014 Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved.
AdultSwim.com is part of Turner Entertainment Digital which is part of the Turner Sports & Entertainment Digital Network.