KittehNerd
Hiro94

Toonami Timeslot

Hey just wanted to get everyones thoughts if Toonami did return would you want the timeslot to be late at night or in the daytime like the pre 2004 era?

KittehPunk
Jared008

Re: Toonami Timeslot

Reply to Hiro94 - Message ID#: 64346827

Let's just do it as like a friday thing; once a week it gets it's own night.  

Squire
Dark_Lord_Khrima

I'd rather it just air Saturday nights again, like from 5:00 - 9:00 to complement AS's block.
Kittehmortal
comedyswimfan089

Reply to Dark_Lord_Khrima - Message ID#: 64348021

Dark_Lord_Khrima wrote:
I'd rather it just air Saturday nights again, like from 5:00 - 9:00 to complement AS's block.

Only because 5pm is a weird time to start something, 6pm-9pm.  Hell, dispose of the first hour of [as] since it doesn't do much ratings-wise, and make it 6p-10p.

So now I've been a member of the ASMB for 9 years.
What in the world was I thinking back then?.
KittehFan
Echelon

Reply to comedyswimfan089 - Message ID#: 64348975

It be on saturday nights but instead of the usual adult swim banners and some anime ...we get Toonami with more anime uncut...like how bleach is uncut.

LONG LIVE TOONAMI
KittehPunk
Moquerie

I also think that it do better with its own day. I'm usually at work during the first running of shows so I always end up watching the second running.

KittehNerd
K77suns

I like the 12pm-5am on Saturdays idea. Is anyone really going to care if they replace ASA?

KittehPunk
KitKet

When I was younger, day time made sense for early classes. I am ineherently a night owl and also actually an adult now, so I definitely would prefer evenings.

"We can take this huge universe, and put it inside a very tiny head...You fold it."
KittehPunk
CSPhobos

Reply to KitKet - Message ID#: 64355797

I'd like the Friday nights right after the Cartoon Planet block. It would be perfect imo!

I've been a lurker since near the beginning, and I am a Toonami Faithful. Welcome back.
KittehStar
Ranlsa

Reply to CSPhobos - Message ID#: 64356321

This is the schedule I'd want for Toonami, if it MUST come back on Sat instead of Fri, as I would like it:

12 AM - Bleach

12:30 AM - FMA:B

1 AM - DRRR!!

1:30 AM - Cowboy Bebop

2 AM - Ghost In The Shell

2:30 AM - Big O Season 1

3 AM - Yu Yu Hakusho

3:30 AM - Gundam Wing

4 AM - Trigun

4:30 AM - Outlaw Star

5 AM - Bleach (ENCORE)

5:30 AM - InuYasha

Now see, this is perfect. Us Sat anime fans get our shows, you Toonami fans get some of your shows, everybody wins!

Cowboy Bebop, R.I.P.
We will never forget...

Never underestimate a girl- never underestimate Balsa!
Long live Motoko Kusinagi!

Fall down 7 times...get up 8.

See ya, Space Cowboys and Cowgirls!
KittehPunk
BladeRunner14

Reply to CSPhobos - Message ID#: 64356321

Agree!

I've got Heavy Metal music in my blood!

Lastfm
Awesome Kitteh
bigsalad

Just like on 4/1, although getting rid of Family Guy for it would be swell too

[ADVERTISEMENT]
KittehStar
Ranlsa

Reply to bigsalad - Message ID#: 64367895

bigsalad wrote:

Just like on 4/1, although getting rid of Family Guy for it would be swell too

No, getting rid of Family Guy would be a miracle!

Cowboy Bebop, R.I.P.
We will never forget...

Kittehpotent

Reply to Ranlsa - Message ID#: 64357065

Ranlsa wrote:

This is the schedule I'd want for Toonami, if it MUST come back on Sat instead of Fri, as I would like it:

12 AM - Bleach

1 AM - DRRR!!

3 AM - Yu Yu Hakusho

4 AM - Trigun

5 AM - Bleach (ENCORE)

Now see, this is perfect. Us Sat anime fans get our shows, you Toonami fans get some of your shows, everybody wins!

Us Toonami fans WOULDT win since we also like shows that aren't anime. All you listed was anime.

That isn't going to work. That is just ASA 2.0

KittehStar
Ranlsa

Reply to The_Zeroshadow - Message ID#: 64369189

The_Zeroshadow wrote:

Ranlsa wrote:

12 AM - Bleach

1 AM - DRRR!!

3 AM - Yu Yu Hakusho

4 AM - Trigun

5 AM - Bleach (ENCORE)

Us Toonami fans WOULDT win since we also like shows that aren't anime. All you listed was anime.

That's the SATURDAY schedule, and Saturday IS anime night. YOU can draw up the Sunday schedule.

Cowboy Bebop, R.I.P.
We will never forget...

Squire
Dark_Lord_Khrima

Reply to Ranlsa - Message ID#: 64369341

Yeah, if it's on ASA it's gotta be all anime. If it's on CN for four hours a week then sure, it's unreasonable to expect them not to pimp their action originals, but if it's on AS then it should just be ASA 2.0.
Kittehpotent

[ Edited ]

Reply to Ranlsa - Message ID#: 64369341

Ranlsa wrote:

The_Zeroshadow wrote:

Ranlsa wrote:

12 AM - Bleach

1 AM - DRRR!!

3 AM - Yu Yu Hakusho

4 AM - Trigun

5 AM - Bleach (ENCORE)

That's the SATURDAY schedule, and Saturday IS anime night. YOU can draw up the Sunday schedule.

Saturday is the only day it needs.

Also, you DO realize just how #### poor the ratings were for ASA right? Why would they WANT to keep something that has failed when they saw just how successful something else like TOONAMI would be.

A full anime schedule is going to bomb, hard.

Dark_Lord_Khrima wrote:
Yeah, if it's on ASA it's gotta be all anime. If it's on CN for four hours a week then sure, it's unreasonable to expect them not to pimp their action originals, but if it's on AS then it should just be ASA 2.0.

rip revived toonami 2012-2012

ASA has been bombing so hard for years. Why do you think they used to constantly make fun of ASA in their own bumps?

You guys WANT toonami to fail? ASA fans confuse me

Squire
Dark_Lord_Khrima

Reply to The_Zeroshadow - Message ID#: 64369491

But... ASA does fine in the ratings. I should know, I've been looking at the ratings every week for probably years now. I'm pretty nerdy about this sort of thing. :smileytongue:
KittehStar
Ranlsa

Reply to The_Zeroshadow - Message ID#: 64369491

Saturday night is ANIME night, WE anime fans want ONE night for us. we know we're in the minority, we know you guys hate us and make fun of us, but may I point out that if it weren't for us as wouldn;t HAVE a Saturday Night! They may as well show us a little #### appreciation for that!

Yeah YOU guys get everything else every other night. We get diddly squat except for this ONE night. Don't take that away from us!!

WE don;t care what those #### ratings say, most of the people who make up the ratings worship at the Great Alter of the Almighty Seth McFairlane and they wine and complain if they go one night without their precious Family Guy! Do you REALLY want to associate yourself with THEM?!

Cowboy Bebop, R.I.P.
We will never forget...

MasterKitteh
itsacoaster

[ Edited ]

Reply to Dark_Lord_Khrima - Message ID#: 64369445

Dark_Lord_Khrima wrote:
I don't agree with this notion. I think if they're going to repackage Saturday nights as "Toonami," then they ought to air American action cartoons alongside anime, like the new ThunderCats or something.

And I don't get why people continue to suggest 10- or 15-year-old shows to fill out a Toonami block. (Not directing this to you, Khrima.) Nobody's going to watch that.
"And we get stuff like Two and a Half Men and Dane Cook and everybody sleepwalks through their little lives and eventually death's sleep comes." - SwimMod_Luuv
"Seth McFarlene [sic] is ####ing Mike Lazzo." - dudeco
"He's correct on all fronts" - 770312 talking about itsacoaster
AIM: itsacoaster | My Anime List | Index of Lucy clips on AS video
Praise Rang in the highest. Hosanna.
My website that I never update
KittehStar
Ranlsa

[ Edited ]

Reply to itsacoaster - Message ID#: 64371609

itsacoaster wrote:

And I don't get why people continue to suggest 10- or 15-year-old shows to fill out a Toonami block. (Not directing this to you, Khrima.) Nobody's going to watch that.

Because  WE watch it and WE love it. I can't go more than 1 Saturday night without Cowboy Bebop or Ghost In The Shell OR Big O, I love them so much!!

I was TRYING to suggest a compromise here. 

Cowboy Bebop, R.I.P.
We will never forget...

MasterKitteh
itsacoaster

Reply to Ranlsa - Message ID#: 64371051

Ranlsa wrote:

Saturday night is ANIME night, WE anime fans want ONE night for us. we know we're in the minority, we know you guys hate us and make fun of us, but may I point out that if it weren't for us as wouldn;t HAVE a Saturday Night! They may as well show us a little #### appreciation for that!

Yeah YOU guys get everything else every other night. We get diddly squat except for this ONE night. Don't take that away from us!!

WE don;t care what those #### ratings say, most of the people who make up the ratings worship at the Great Alter of the Almighty Seth McFairlane and they wine and complain if they go one night without their precious Family Guy! Do you REALLY want to associate yourself with THEM?!

You seem very militant about this kind of stuff.

Anime isn't going anywhere. If you don't want to watch ThunderCats (or what have you), put in a DVD or something. Watch something else.

I think it's kind of funny that you're crediting yourself and anime fans for Adult Swim Saturday, because when it launched, it co-opted shows from the Toonami Midnight Run. The two are inextricably linked.

I don't think that you can fairly label folks as "we" and "them" like you're doing. The reality is that Adult Swim is a television network with interests separate from your own. It's also the only place on cable that airs teens-and-up anime. The anime's here to stay. You can choose to watch all of it, or some of it, or none of it. That's the beauty of television. So your choice is to watch the increasingly dwindling amount of anime that is on TV, even if it's alongside ThunderCats, or not.
"And we get stuff like Two and a Half Men and Dane Cook and everybody sleepwalks through their little lives and eventually death's sleep comes." - SwimMod_Luuv
KittehStar
Ranlsa

Reply to itsacoaster - Message ID#: 64371739

Good speech. Now kindly tell that to the Family Guy and American Dad worshippers who cannot go one frikking night without a Seth McFaiorlane show and would complain and wine if we put Toonami back and have it start at 10 so we CAN get all the shows we want to fit.

That's the problem with what you're saying. If we put on a lot of action as well as all our anime, the block will be filled to the brim. That wouldn;t be bad for US! But of course all the other guys would be complaining, " We want Family Guy! You can;'t take away our 10 PM hour!" Yeah, despite the fact that they have their 10 PM hour every single night.

That's why only one night of Toonami is gonna be difficult, cause there aren;t enough shows to fill the 12-6 spots, and it might not be possible to have it start at 9 cause all the Seth McFaorlane deciples will #### about it, even though they get their shows  every other night! That's why I say expand it to two nights.  After all, a lot nof us love the shows on now, like Cowboy Bebop and Ghost, a lot of people want the others shows like Yu Yu Hakusho, and smore people want action. We need two nights for this, or we have to listen to the Family Guy lovers complain!

Cowboy Bebop, R.I.P.
We will never forget...

MasterKitteh
itsacoaster

Reply to Ranlsa - Message ID#: 64372031

Well, nothing's final, and we don't even know if they're going to end up doing this Toonami thing, so I guess we'll have to wait and see what they do.

FG airs every day because it regularly gets well over a million viewers in the demo, not because AS is kowtowing to the wishes of MacFarlane disciples over those of anime fans. By the way, where are those disciples you speak of? I don't see any, not on this message board.

Let's just take a wait-and-see approach.
Squire
Dark_Lord_Khrima

[ Edited ]

Reply to itsacoaster - Message ID#: 64371609

I wouldn't be surprised if they started airing Clone Wars and Thunder Cats on "Toonami" if it aired on AS, but I also wouldn't be happy about it. I'd rather it air on CN to be honest. Because I agree that at its core Toonami is a block for both animes and American action shows, and CN has a lot of American action shows that they neglect. CN already has Pokemon, Thunder Cats, Clone Wars, Ben 10, and Generator Rex that would fit in on Toonami. They just need a few more animes. I also agree that if it's on CN then the animes should be more current. I can imagine some older people tuning in to 10-15 year old shows from their childhood on AS, but kids at least aren't going to be watching these. No one in the 9-14 demographic is like, "Man I really miss Tenchi, I want to see that again!" They'd probably look at it and go, "Why are all these girls fighting over a male who is moderately attractive at best? Is that the whole show? What the hell, I'm missing ICarly premiers for this?"