KittehStar
Ranlsa

Re: Toonami Timeslot

Reply to itsacoaster - Message ID#: 64390379

itsacoaster wrote:
It would probably take months to get a real Toonami block going, to make proper bumpers, ink new contracts, acquire new shows, etc. So while you shouldn't get your hopes up too high, don't be too disappointed when they don't air Toonami this weekend, either.

I don;t care or when they bring it back..just pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaase keep Cowboy Bebop, Durarara,  and Ghost In The Shell! That's all I want! Keep those three and I'll be a happy camper, d ill the rest with anything else you want. But just keep those three.

Cowboy Bebop, R.I.P.
We will never forget...

Never underestimate a girl- never underestimate Balsa!
Long live Motoko Kusinagi!

Fall down 7 times...get up 8.

See ya, Space Cowboys and Cowgirls!
MasterKitteh
Sketchor

Reply to Ranlsa - Message ID#: 64391199

Ranlsa wrote:

itsacoaster wrote:
It would probably take months to get a real Toonami block going, to make proper bumpers, ink new contracts, acquire new shows, etc. So while you shouldn't get your hopes up too high, don't be too disappointed when they don't air Toonami this weekend, either.

I don;t care or when they bring it back..just pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaase keep Cowboy Bebop, Durarara,  and Ghost In The Shell! That's all I want! Keep those three and I'll be a happy camper, d ill the rest with anything else you want. But just keep those three.

I wouldn't worry about any of those being on the chopping block except maybe Durarara when it finishes it's second run. That depends on how long it's contract lasts.

Adult Swim will not give up Cowboy Bebop or Ghost in the Shell. They have shown no intent of dropping either.

HELPeR for the TOONAMI, Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragon Ball Z, Harvey Birdman and Perfect Hair Forever boards. Feel free to ask me anything on those topics.

sketch only puts the arrogant whiney punks in their place... sort of like batman, except on the {AS} boards - THECZAROFGNAR

Sketch, should we make sure it's imprinted on your grave stone "He felt very strongly that Bleach belonged on Toonami!" - .hack-SIGN_John

"We aknowledged that Toonami is cooler than us... and they aknowledged that we're full of ****." [adult swim]
MasterKitteh
ZorakFan3271

Reply to Ranlsa - Message ID#: 64391165

Okay, Saturday is yours.

I need a break from the internet
MasterKitteh
itsacoaster

Reply to ZorakFan3271 - Message ID#: 64393031

How diplomatic of you. You should work at the Australian Embassy for Adult Swim Affairs.
"And we get stuff like Two and a Half Men and Dane Cook and everybody sleepwalks through their little lives and eventually death's sleep comes." - SwimMod_Luuv
"Seth McFarlene [sic] is ####ing Mike Lazzo." - dudeco
"He's correct on all fronts" - 770312 talking about itsacoaster
AIM: itsacoaster | My Anime List | Index of Lucy clips on AS video
Praise Rang in the highest. Hosanna.
My website that I never update
MasterKitteh
ZorakFan3271

Reply to itsacoaster - Message ID#: 64393157

I already do. It was supposed to be a secret, and ya blew it.

I need a break from the internet
KittehStar
Ranlsa

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 64391407

Sketchor wrote:

Ranlsa wrote:

itsacoaster wrote:

I wouldn't worry about any of those being on the chopping block except maybe Durarara when it finishes it's second run. That depends on how long it's contract lasts.

Adult Swim will not give up Cowboy Bebop or Ghost in the Shell. They have shown no intent of dropping either.

That's a load off my mind. As much as I loveed Toonami (and I did love it, don;t get me wrong) I missed going to the Cowboy Bebop blog and having our usual Bebop blog!  I missed the Ghost In The Shell blog too.

Cowboy Bebop, R.I.P.
We will never forget...

KittehNub
vegita625

Reply to Hiro94 - Message ID#: 64346827

Let's think about this seriously.

If you air on Saturday nights, you'll be competing with the fact that SOME people want to go out partying or similar on Saturday nights, though they'd likely DVR something they hadn't seen before, if it's a rerun, it'll just not get ratings on Saturday or Friday night, compared to an earlier timeslot, or a midweek late slot.

I'd recommend an earlier slot, a 5-9 or 6-10 slot sounds perfect for both fans and AdultSwim alike, as they'll get ratings, and we'd get the programming we've been asking for for a while.  Saturday may not be the best date, but it'd work.  People who go out for the night could watch while prepping themselves.  People who don't can simply enjoy during dinner or whatever.

I still have cable TV, but I rarely watch it because everything is online.  If it were advertised that Toonami was coming back, I'd watch, but I'd have to know, and I'm only home half the time at Saturday at midnight for exactly the reason I mentioned: going out to see friends, partying, etc., no TV right there.

This is not exactly uncommon.

I'm DEFINITELY wanting Toonami to come back, but if Cartoon Network wants something to come of it, i.e. ratings and money, they'll have to be smart about the timeslot.  And fans will have to think about if they beg for it to come back, will they watch AT THAT PARTICULAR TIME SLOT.  Think about it, but I'd LOVE Toonami to come back.

MasterKitteh
Sketchor

Reply to vegita625 - Message ID#: 64506603

If it's on before 9PM then it's out of Adult Swim's jurisdiction as it were and action programming airing on CN hours is usually very short lived as of late.

It would be nice if AS would give Toonami 9PM-6AM on Saturday but as long as Family Guy beats every anime on Saturday, a full Saturday of anime is not likely to happen. I'd be quite happy with having 9PM-11PM, 12AM-3AM and 4AM-6AM with hour comedy breaks between, new anime early, old favorites later and encores in the morning. Chances are it will just be 12AM-6AM and while that does waste some potential, they already get pretty decent ratings in those hours so it shouldn't be a problem.

If I was in charge of this decision I'd make Toonami 9PM-2AM or 3AM and let the late late crowd have some comedy early in the morning.

Toonami did alright 7PM-11PM, and exceptionally well for a time but unless they gave 9PM-11PM back to CN it wont get that full time back because they will not split it across both and they will not start Adult Swim at 7PM EST, 6PM Central. 9PM EST and 8PM Central is plenty early as it is.

Weekday afternnons on Cartoon Network and even weekdays on Adult Swim are not going to happen because let's face it, anime is a very low priority for Adult Swim and there's really no reason it would be a priority for Adult Swim or Cartoon Network when they have their own shows and more popular acquisitions to air instead. They're basically looking to draw more viewers to their existing anime block on Adult Swim. Nothing more and nothing less.

HELPeR for the TOONAMI, Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragon Ball Z, Harvey Birdman and Perfect Hair Forever boards. Feel free to ask me anything on those topics.

sketch only puts the arrogant whiney punks in their place... sort of like batman, except on the {AS} boards - THECZAROFGNAR

Sketch, should we make sure it's imprinted on your grave stone "He felt very strongly that Bleach belonged on Toonami!" - .hack-SIGN_John

"We aknowledged that Toonami is cooler than us... and they aknowledged that we're full of ****." [adult swim]
KittehHipster
PlatinumZenigundam

Reply to Hiro94 - Message ID#: 64346827

Toonami lost my respect when they decided to take Yu Yu Hakusho from Adult Swim and censor it for 7 year olds back in early 2003. Also I didn't like the amount of editing done to Rurouni Kenshin, also catered to 7 year olds.

However, the 1997-2002 Toonami was the truth, so weekdays it should be. Just don't butcher the shows too much and its cool.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
KittehStar
Ranlsa

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 64508393

HA, Family Guy can go to hell in a handbasket as far as I'M concerned.

They can live without thsie #### show for ONE night. Just ONE night. That's all we ask. We just want one #### night.

They better not TOUCH their existing anime on adult swim! Except for Kekkashi and FLCL, those gotta go. But they better not touch anything else there. 

Cowboy Bebop, R.I.P.
We will never forget...

Squire
Dark_Lord_Khrima

Reply to Ranlsa - Message ID#: 64510683

I like Kekkaishi. It's way better than InuYasha and GiTS. FLCL is better than every other anime currently on the block, but it could use a serious break, yeah.
MasterKitteh
Sketchor

Toonami Timeslot

Family Guy is on Saturday for ratings purposes. If they take it off a sizable chunk of people wont tune in at all on Saturday. If you want the anime to do well then a Family Guy lead-in is pretty much essential. It's one Family Guy to keep the ratings up or an entire night of anime that draws weaker ratings and probably gets cancelled.

Until they have an anime that can draw as many viewers as Family Guy in the same slot anime will not earn all 9 hours. Be glad they did not add anothet comedy block in the middle of the anime because if ratings sink too low, they will probably do that.

Awesome Kitteh
Jeebus201

Reply to Dark_Lord_Khrima - Message ID#: 64511291

Dark_Lord_Khrima wrote:
I like Kekkaishi. It's way better than InuYasha and GiTS. FLCL is better than every other anime currently on the block, but it could use a serious break, yeah.

No, no, as horribly overplayed as GiTS is it's still a billion times better than Kekkaishi and its maddening levels of fail.  Can't wait till the license expires in two months.

FLCL being the best anime on the block is just a testament to how soft around the midsection the block has gotten.  FLCL is great mind you (NOT the greatest anime ever but still pretty good), but yeah...weak lineup.

oh, for those obessed about anime promotion - please stop, youre just wrong. we cant even debate it because ive made a decent living by looking at promo schedules and ratings grids probably for longer than youve been alive. i can assure you that if anime promotion was the answer to anime success then youd see more anime promotion. cos then id be making more mad cash and wouldnt have to write things on the internet about anime. -Adult Swim President Mike Lazzo

http://vod.fxnetworks.com/watch/angermanagement - Full episodes of Anger Management. Because Charlie is winning, unlike Casshern Sins.
KittehStar
Ranlsa

Reply to Jeebus201 - Message ID#: 64518293

Ha, the Greatest Anime ever made will now and forever belong to Cowboy Bebop, and don;t you forget it!

Cowboy Bebop, R.I.P.
We will never forget...

KittehHipster
MasaomiKida

Ranlsa wrote:

They can live without thsie #### show for ONE night. Just ONE night. That's all we ask. We just want one #### night.

They better not TOUCH their existing anime on adult swim! Except for Kekkashi and FLCL, those gotta go. But they better not touch anything else there. 

Agreed esp about KK and FLCL. I can't take even a few minutes of either of those shows. O.o

MasterKitteh
Sketchor

Reply to Ranlsa - Message ID#: 64520145

Ranlsa wrote:

Ha, the Greatest Anime ever made will now and forever belong to Cowboy Bebop, and don;t you forget it!

Pardon me while I go off topic a bit but...

I hope that's not the case. I hope something better is made some day. It deserves the crown for now but some day something needs to surpass it because animation should never top out, it should always progress and never settle for not being as impressive as the work that came before it no matter how difficult that bar is to surpass.

Honestly the very idea that the best show Japan will ever have to offer came out in the 90s is downright depressing to me as an animation fan and the same goes for the idea that nothing from America will ever be better than Batman: The Animated Series or Looney Tunes. Those and Cowboy Bebop and masterpieces to be sure but some day something should be able to surpass them in quality. The technology keeps getting better, the stories and techniques should follow suit. The people inspired by the works of the past may one day create works that have what it takes to take the crown for themselves and so and so forth.

MasterKitteh
Sketchor

Ranlsa wrote:

Well anime may be able to earn that shot at 9PM afterall. The comedy reruns airing in prime time are not doing well.

Live action on Saturday is doing about as bad or worse than it did on Sunday prime time against FOX

http://sonofthebronx.blogspot.com/2012/04/saturday-april-7-2012-c
able-finals-big.html?utm_source=fee...

0.34 for Family Guy with 18-49 946,000 viewers and that's less than out of the blue Dragon Ball Z on 4/1 (the week before was 0.46)

0.29 for Childrens with 18-49 (the week before got 0.19)

0.28 for Loiter Squad with 18-49 (the week before got 0.18)

0.22 for NTSF with 18-49 (it was not listed the week before)

The winner?

Actually King of the Hill with 0.43 at 9PM (the week before got 0.22)

Brule's encore was not listed and I'm guessing it only got around 0.15 or something.

That's the second bad week for Family Guy in a row and the live action encores and reruns are not panning out. Maybe just maybe the first two hours are within Toonami's reach. I mean even reruns of InuYasha can probably get at least 0.3 at 9PM, so why really... why not try it?

And I still say giving action 9-12 in exchange for giving comedy 3-6 would be an actually really reasonable trade. Give the dedicated viewers a shot at the earlier hours. They are already staying home the whole night so get their attention earlier and you can throw some early morning comedy on for the folks coming home from social outtings. Everybody wins.

KittehStar
Ranlsa

Reply to MasaomiKida - Message ID#: 64522707

MasaomiKida wrote:

Ranlsa wrote:

Agreed esp about KK and FLCL. I can't take even a few minutes of either of those shows. O.o

I don;t mind FLCL too much, they just overplay it. The thing is only 6 eps long, and this is the 5th time they're showing it. I mean, enough already! I get you don;'t have a lot of licensed shows right now, but why not show like Moribito there one more time? Just give FLCL a rest right now.

Cowboy Bebop, R.I.P.
We will never forget...

KittehStar
Ranlsa

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 64525395

Sketchor wrote:

Ranlsa wrote:

Well anime may be able to earn that shot at 9PM afterall. The comedy reruns airing in prime time are not doing well.

Live action on Saturday is doing about as bad or worse than it did on Sunday prime time against FOX

http://sonofthebronx.blogspot.com/2012/04/saturday-april-7-2012-c
able-finals-big.html?utm_source=fee...

0.34 for Family Guy with 18-49 946,000 viewers and that's less than out of the blue Dragon Ball Z on 4/1 (the week before was 0.46)

0.29 for Childrens with 18-49 (the week before got 0.19)

0.28 for Loiter Squad with 18-49 (the week before got 0.18)

0.22 for NTSF with 18-49 (it was not listed the week before)

The winner?

Actually King of the Hill with 0.43 at 9PM (the week before got 0.22)

Brule's encore was not listed and I'm guessing it only got around 0.15 or something.

That's the second bad week for Family Guy in a row and the live action encores and reruns are not panning out.

Can it BE? Are people actually seeing the light?! They finally see that show for the trash that it is? Or did Seth McFairlane finally go too far and opened up his mouth at the wrong time, causing people to say, "Screw this guy, we're not seeing any more of this crap!" I wouldn't put it past him!

Yeah, maybe , maybe, maytbe this is a good sign after all! Maybe peoeple are sick of all that garbage and want something good, fun, and enjoyable! It could happen...

Cowboy Bebop, R.I.P.
We will never forget...

KittehFan
rebel_cheese

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 64516259

Sketchor wrote:
Family Guy is on Saturday for ratings purposes. If they take it off a sizable chunk of people wont tune in at all on Saturday. If you want the anime to do well then a Family Guy lead-in is pretty much essential. It's one Family Guy to keep the ratings up or an entire night of anime that draws weaker ratings and probably gets cancelled.

Until they have an anime that can draw as many viewers as Family Guy in the same slot anime will not earn all 9 hours. Be glad they did not add anothet comedy block in the middle of the anime because if ratings sink too low, they will probably do that.

They actually already did do that back in 2008 (or was it 2009?), when they shuffled Code Geass and Moribito to the 5 AM slot and had Bleach and the original FMA at the 10:00 and 10:30 slots. The comedy was universally rejected and after three weeks or so the block returned to the state where it is now. 

My avatar represents Original Edward's reaction to the fact that Brotherhood Edward is about to replace him for all eternity in the hearts and minds of humanity.

My novel (on sale for Kindle and Kindle PC app): http://www.amazon.com/Nanomancers-ebook/dp/B007N61X4Q/?tag=vglnk-
c1189-20
Awesome Kitteh
Jeebus201

Reply to rebel_cheese - Message ID#: 64526541

But they didn't have Family Guy, now did they?

The problem is that some of the live-action shows just really aren't as popular as Williams Street would like them to be. The biggest example is check it out with Steve Brule. They throw so much money at Tim and Eric's projects and their spinoffs, but the ratings really don't justify it either on Saturday or Sunday. Either they're getting a cut of merchandise from the pair or they're just renewing it out of sheer spite due to hatred.

This really shouldn't be so hard. Air King of the Hill, family guy, American dad, when it shows up the Cleveland Show, and add in new comedies which do perform well. It'll do a lot more than airing a waste of space like Moribito.
oh, for those obessed about anime promotion - please stop, youre just wrong. we cant even debate it because ive made a decent living by looking at promo schedules and ratings grids probably for longer than youve been alive. i can assure you that if anime promotion was the answer to anime success then youd see more anime promotion. cos then id be making more mad cash and wouldnt have to write things on the internet about anime. -Adult Swim President Mike Lazzo

http://vod.fxnetworks.com/watch/angermanagement - Full episodes of Anger Management. Because Charlie is winning, unlike Casshern Sins.
KittehStar
Ranlsa

Reply to Jeebus201 - Message ID#: 64526581

Jeebus201 wrote:
But they didn't have Family Guy, now did they?

The problem is that some of the live-action shows just really aren't as popular as Williams Street would like them to be. The biggest example is check it out with Steve Brule. They throw so much money at Tim and Eric's projects and their spinoffs, but the ratings really don't justify it either on Saturday or Sunday. Either they're getting a cut of merchandise from the pair or they're just renewing it out of sheer spite due to hatred.

Sigh...I'm sick of constantly arguing with you so I'm not even gonna bother with reminding you about Moribito and my love for it...

OH God, every time I see a commericla for Check It Out my first thought is, "Oh, John C. Reilly..you were nominated for an Oscar...why?!?! Are you THAT bitter about not getting it..or are Tim and Eric REALLY paying you that much?" (highly unlikely I know...)

Cowboy Bebop, R.I.P.
We will never forget...

KittehStar
Ranlsa

Reply to Ranlsa - Message ID#: 64527351

Honestly, John C. Reilly was soo good in Chicago! But you'd never know that here!

Cowboy Bebop, R.I.P.
We will never forget...

Squire
Dark_Lord_Khrima

Reply to Jeebus201 - Message ID#: 64526581

Tim and Eric's projects are incredibly cheap to make and AS gets a cut of the merchandising and they fit AS's alternative image perfectly. I don't see a problem here, even if they don't get Family Guy-level ratings.
KittehStar
Ranlsa

Reply to Dark_Lord_Khrima - Message ID#: 64536429

Dark_Lord_Khrima wrote:
Tim and Eric's projects are incredibly cheap to make and AS gets a cut of the merchandising and they fit AS's alternative image perfectly. I don't see a problem here, even if they don't get Family Guy-level ratings.

Those shows are just plain stupid, pointless, and disgusting!!  Don;'t get me started on Loiter Squad, last thing we need is another Jackass show!

Cowboy Bebop, R.I.P.
We will never forget...