Why didnt AS pick up

Archer

Or

Bobs Burgers

or

Unsupervised

or

Ugly Americans?????

cmon guys the only good shows yall got left are reruns of old ones..

Have any of you looked in the comedy folders? They be dead..

Well not the old shows that got you all the timeslot just most of your new ones..

What are those shows the wrong demo for yalls time slot or wha?

SwimHELPeR
ZorakFan3271

Re: Why didnt AS pick up

Reply to Pinkfrog - Message ID#: 64214281

They didn't pick them up because all of those shows were never pitched to Adult Swim.

I need a break from the internet
SwimHELPeR
holkimcardie1

Reply to ZorakFan3271 - Message ID#: 64217555

And Bob's Burgers still has a chance to get here when the syndi rights are up for bid.  The others, well, maybe Archer, but nothing on Comedy Central will make it here.  Why? Viacom.

~ Dethklok Roadie #149 (female) ~ Red Tie Coven # 1 ~ Toki's Candygirl #2 ~ S.H.O.T.T.S. #51 ~ Dethklok Minute Reporter ~
katt_goddess wrote:~~I have not yet begun to weird.~~I still have puff paint left.
SwimHipster
SlitneyBoobston

To follow up what my colleagues have said, Unsupervised could end up here, since it airs on FX. Never seen it, but you never know what AS will buy.

I'm looking at you, Super Milk-Chan.
Is there no place for the man with the 105 IQ?
International Fun Hater
TheHafk

Reply to SlitneyBoobston - Message ID#: 64219127

That is, if Unsupervised even gets a second season. It had some pretty low ratings. (Kind of a shame, it was getting into a nice little groove near the end of the season...Don't know if I'd want to see it on Adult Swim, though.)

Also: Loren Bouchard stated in his Q&A thread last August that he would love it if Adult Swim could get syndication rights to Bob's Burgers. Of course, it's all up to the corporate people, and not so much the creator, but still.

Order of the Owl
FieryDoom

Pinkfrog wrote:

Archer - too much nudity and cussing and other awesomeness

Or

Bobs Burgers - haven't seen it

or

Unsupervised - meh, not all that excited about this show

or

Ugly Americans????? - too comedy central

Well not the old shows that got you all the timeslot just most of your new ones..

the People's Republic of Venturethe Forum | the Site | the WiKi | the Twitter

The-Big-Steamy-Thing wrote:
Somebody should put up Stop signs in the ocean. That way the sharks would see them, stop and then die.

International Fun Hater
TheHafk

Furthering my point about Unsupervised:  http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/03/23/thursday-cable-rating
s-jersey-shore-reunion-tops-night-a...

Archer season finale got 0.8. Great numbers there. Unsupervised's season finale, which aired right after Archer, didn't make the list. Meaning it got a 0.2 or less.

That is a really, really bad number, and it hasn't been making the top 100 list since about halfway though the season. FX has more animated shows down the pipeline, 9 out of 10 chance it's cancelled. (And if definitely won't get picked up on AS, no network would pick up something with ratings that low)

Squire
Dark_Lord_Khrima

There's a pretty decent chance AS will pick up Bob's Burgers once it reaches the 80 episode mark. It'd be nice to see it on AS. Archer seems a little less likely, but not totally out of the question. It's a great show, though, so it'd be fun to have it on AS. I guess there's a bit of a question of where AS would air these shows, though, since I doubt they'd replace Family Guy/American Dad/King of The Hill with less popular syndicated shows. That wouldn't make much sense.
SwimSuperfan
Jeebus201

Pinkfrog wrote:

Archer

Or

Bobs Burgers

or

Unsupervised

or

Ugly Americans?????

1.  Adam Reed, creator of Archer, worked for Adult Swim once up on a time as part of 70/30 studios.  There was a falling out that involved the cancellation of Frisky Dingo, the disillusion of 70/30, and Reed jumping ship to FX.

2.  Because it's boring.

3.  Presumably this was because FX wanted more animation to premiere alongside Archer.  They've also greenlighted a series from Matt Maliero, Aqua Teen's creator.

4.  Viacom production.  Viacom is a competitor with Turner.

oh, for those obessed about anime promotion - please stop, youre just wrong. we cant even debate it because ive made a decent living by looking at promo schedules and ratings grids probably for longer than youve been alive. i can assure you that if anime promotion was the answer to anime success then youd see more anime promotion. cos then id be making more mad cash and wouldnt have to write things on the internet about anime. -Adult Swim President Mike Lazzo

http://vod.fxnetworks.com/watch/angermanagement - Full episodes of Anger Management. Because Charlie is winning, unlike Casshern Sins.
Squire
Dark_Lord_Khrima

Reply to Jeebus201 - Message ID#: 64224043

There was never a falling out between Adam Reed and AS. Frisky Dingo was canceled due to low ratings, not because of an argument. Heck, it's airing on the block right now, and Sealab still airs frequently in DVR Theater. I seriously don't know where you come up with this stuff.
Swimmortal
westpark

Because the other networks offered more $$$?

WESTPARK THE KING OF ASMB

"westpark ran a train on this thread" - Stilgar

"Every woman needs a good slap now & again." - Sir Sean Connery
Yeoman
forethought

Pinkfrog wrote:

Archer

Or

Bobs Burgers

or

Unsupervised

or

Ugly Americans?????

I watched archer episode with Burt Reynolds - pretty good.. 

I think adult swim perfers cheap and horrible live aciton movies than decent anime. I think putting tim and eric in front of a camera for minimum wage is the cheapest way for adult swim to make a 30 minute show. Paying anime to be drawn, and lines to be written is very difficult.

I watch adult swim because of Bleach. Everyone in my school watches Bleach.
SwimHipster
Bleach-Man10

I would be shocked/surprised if AS gets the syndication rights to Archer,Bob Burgers,and/or Unsupervised. But Ugly Americans....I think CC/Viacom rather sell their souls or give up Futurama that let Ugly Americans,South Park or any other Viacom/CC produced show to end up on Adult Swim. Nuff'Said!!!!!

New Episodes of Bleach Every Saturday 12/11

Finally,Toonami has come back!!!! #ToonamisBackBitches and for the people who doubted and hating on Toonami...F-U!!! Good Times are back Thx [AS]

Bleach-Man's Twitter Account: http://twitter.com/JDNaruto23
Order of the Owl
Pinkfrog

Reply to Bleach-Man10 - Message ID#: 64290901

I just wish they could get archer or ugly americans
spend more on the jokes and the VA's than the dam animation/filming.. its why i always loved as well used to..

i just wonder why they were never pitched to AS.. with AS being the demo for all of those shows
seems strange

I wonder how much the site makes from iphone games opposed to viewing content.. is the content just for adds for the games now?
SwimHELPeR
Sketchor

Why didnt AS pick up

How do you know they were not pitched to AS at some point?
HELPeR for the TOONAMI, Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragon Ball Z, Harvey Birdman and Perfect Hair Forever boards. Feel free to ask me anything on those topics.

sketch only puts the arrogant whiney punks in their place... sort of like batman, except on the {AS} boards - THECZAROFGNAR

Sketch, should we make sure it's imprinted on your grave stone "He felt very strongly that Bleach belonged on Toonami!" - .hack-SIGN_John

"We aknowledged that Toonami is cooler than us... and they aknowledged that we're full of ****." [adult swim]
Squire
Dark_Lord_Khrima

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 64305073

I think he's right about Archer not being pitched to AS. Don't know about Ugly Americans, but I know Adam Reed was hoping to reach a broader audience and get a bigger budget with Archer.