Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aunt Norma's Urn
mercenaryninja94

cartoon network is dead to me

[ Edited ]

http://www.deadline.com/2011/11/cartoon-network-picks-up-the-anno
ying-orange-animated-series/

after years of loyalty and of hoping that cartoon network would come back to the way it used to be i am done 

i feel betrayed... words do not express the rage and the dispair 

i feel as if cartoon network was my commander on the battlefield and after years of loyal service

they shot me in the back and  left me for dead

don't get me wrong i'm still gonna tune in and watch the anime block 

but remember if cartoon network falls so will [as]

how is it that shows like sym biotic titan get cancelled and thrown out but shows like tim and eric keep geting renewed

R.I.P cartoon network-1992-2012

I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT!
Mysterious Ooze
rumbatubbies-ok

Re: cartoon network is dead to me

[ Edited ]

Reply to mercenaryninja94 - Message ID#: 63202255

mercenaryninja94 wrote:

http://www.deadline.com/2011/11/cartoon-network-picks-up-the-anno
ying-orange-animated-series/

after years of loyalty and of hoping that cartoon network would come back to the way it used to be i am done 

i feel betrayed... words do not express the rage and the dispair 

i feel as if cartoon network was my commander on the battlefield and after years of loyal service

they shot me in the back and  left me for dead

don't get me wrong i'm still gonna tune in and watch the anime block 

but remember if cartoon network falls so will [as]

how is it that shows like sym biotic titan get cancelled and thrown out but shows like tim and eric keep geting renewed

Annoying Orange coming to CN is old news.

Also, stop being a nostalgic manchild. CN caters to the 9-15 year old crowd, not the 18+ nostalgic cry babies who grew up in a different time period. You have no business on what kind of programming belongs on CN or AS. But don't get me wrong, I'll watch CN if they put something cool on, it's just that I don't get worked up over the channel and their decisions over the past few years.

If you want to relive nostalgia, watch ASA after 2am, or watch that new Toonami stream.

Plus, TAESGJ was never revived, it was the Steve Brule show that got renewed. But they do have a theatrical movie coming out, which will be the best movie of this year btw.

Mysterious Ooze
Jeebus201

Reply to rumbatubbies-ok - Message ID#: 63202847

Try worst movie.

Also people still watch Cartoon Network?  Haven't their ratings been on a near constant downward spiral for a while now?

oh, for those obessed about anime promotion - please stop, youre just wrong. we cant even debate it because ive made a decent living by looking at promo schedules and ratings grids probably for longer than youve been alive. i can assure you that if anime promotion was the answer to anime success then youd see more anime promotion. cos then id be making more mad cash and wouldnt have to write things on the internet about anime. -Adult Swim President Mike Lazzo

http://vod.fxnetworks.com/watch/angermanagement - Full episodes of Anger Management. Because Charlie is winning, unlike Casshern Sins.
Hell's Minions
ZorakFan3271

mercenaryninja94 wrote:

Well, you do realise those decisions are made by two different groups of people, given the whole one was on CN and the other on AS, so they both have nothing to do with eachother. 

I need a break from the internet
Aunt Norma's Urn
mercenaryninja94

Reply to ZorakFan3271 - Message ID#: 63203161

okay i knew that it's just that i was trying to make a point good shows get canned and terrible shows get renewed

I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT!
Mysterious Ooze
rumbatubbies-ok

Reply to Jeebus201 - Message ID#: 63203129

Yeah, their rating are awful compared to Nick and Disney. The only shows that rack up numbers for CN are Adventure Time, Regular show, and maybe MAD. CN will occasionally air reruns of their famous cartoons, but they get aired at the dead hours of the day for one hour, and their schedules aren't consistent causing them to cycle old shows every 3 months.

Other than that, CN has nothing to boast about. But I suppose there's an audience who actually likes cheesy live-action shows and 5+ hours of Johnny Test.
Mysterious Ooze
Jeebus201

Reply to rumbatubbies-ok - Message ID#: 63203693

Too bad they're not kids in the primary demos. 

Adult Swim and Cartoon Network are two seperate entities with seperate creative teams.  **noel** about the Annoying Orange here is an exercise in futility.

oh, for those obessed about anime promotion - please stop, youre just wrong. we cant even debate it because ive made a decent living by looking at promo schedules and ratings grids probably for longer than youve been alive. i can assure you that if anime promotion was the answer to anime success then youd see more anime promotion. cos then id be making more mad cash and wouldnt have to write things on the internet about anime. -Adult Swim President Mike Lazzo

http://vod.fxnetworks.com/watch/angermanagement - Full episodes of Anger Management. Because Charlie is winning, unlike Casshern Sins.
Hell's Minions
Sketchor

mercenaryninja94 wrote:

Hmm... 20 years. That's a pretty good run.

The Annoying Orange isn't for everbody but it's technically animation so it's within the parameters for something that isn't against the very nature of Cartoon Network.

At least they're not trying to shove a ton of live action shows down people's throats anymore (but they still have that Level Up show I suppose).

People really need to get over their fond memories of Cartoon Network. It probably wasn't even as good as you remember it but you were young or at least younger and for whatever reason the programming appealed to you at the time. Ed, Edd n Eddy, Dexter's Laboratory,The Powerpuff Girls and the various other beloved CN original comedies are really no better or worse than Adventure Time and Regular Show they've basically cut from a similar cloth (and if you never gave AT and RS a shot I implore you to do so they might very well appeal to your AS comedy sensibilities).

Though I have to say CN is really dropping the ball with action cartoons but then I must also defend that lack of effort because action cartoons are not bringing in the ratings like they used to so they have to go where the market demands and right now that's comedy (pretty much the same case with Adult Swim, action just kind of continues to pull its weight but little more than that). I do wish they'd give action more of a chance but I understand why they don't... at least I do at times and other times I want to send them a stern letter or something about how they could make it work again but I digress. 

HELPeR for the TOONAMI, Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragon Ball Z, Harvey Birdman and Perfect Hair Forever boards. Feel free to ask me anything on those topics.

sketch only puts the arrogant whiney punks in their place... sort of like batman, except on the {AS} boards - THECZAROFGNAR

Sketch, should we make sure it's imprinted on your grave stone "He felt very strongly that Bleach belonged on Toonami!" - .hack-SIGN_John

"We aknowledged that Toonami is cooler than us... and they aknowledged that we're full of ****." [adult swim]
Mysterious Ooze
rumbatubbies-ok

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 63207359

People who like Adventure Time and Regular Show are those who grew up with Cartoon Network, but aren't blinded with nostalgia. I'm not that fond of either show, but they're miles better than Johnny Test, live-action, and Flash cartoons from Canada.

There's a reason to why those old shows aren't on anymore, they all dropped the ball after a certain season. The changes done to the shows weren't well received, e.g. new art direction, change in settings, etc.
Mysterious Ooze
rumbatubbies-ok

Reply to rumbatubbies-ok - Message ID#: 63208055

Another thing I would like to point out is that a majority of these nostalgic cry babies are actually 17-21 years old, which pretty much means they grew up watching the powerhouse era.

They probably weren't around when CN was premiering the pilots for famous cartoons, experimenting live-action and anime(Japanimation @ the time), and re-running Hanna Barberra toons in the mid 90's; much less, be around for the launch.
Bone-ified Ghoul
-Dudeco-

[ Edited ]

CN  still has me watching sometimes. I like Regular Show, Mad and most of the favorites they cycle in from time to time like Ed, Edd n Eddy and Chowder.  I can't wait for the How to Train Your Dragon show. Plus, I'm glad they aren't ruining the network by shoving those all those live action reality shows down our throats and promoting them to death anymore. Its not that those shows don't deserve to exist. They just shouldn't be taking up CN's airtime . Level Up and movies are the only thing they even are that's live action anymore.

Also, Symbionic Titan was canceled because CN didn't believe it was toyetic enough. Both Genndy Tartavosky and Craig McCracken quit their jobs at CN, so we'll never see anything on the network with their brand of awesomeness again.

Fern Gully, Aladdin and Robots will all be watched in future generations for one reason.
There are 5 original seasons of Futurama, not 4.
The old school=The new school!

Squire
Dark_Lord_Khrima

Agent Orange = Extremely desperate attempt at ratings.

Doesn't CN do average with the boy demographics and just really bad with girls? I think CN is failing because it's ignoring half the population while Nick and Disney are trying to find shows that can appeal to pretty much everyone, like generic sitcoms. Disney is more or less just a bunch of generic sitcoms at this point, actually.

Clan of the Crypt
RPD

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 63207359

Sketchor wrote:

It probably wasn't even as good as you remember it but you were young or at least younger and for whatever reason the programming appealed to you at the time.

In alot of cases that's true, but not in this one. I wasn't young back then so I can speak objectively: Cartoon Network was just better. Adult Swim was better, too...

Clan of the Crypt
RPD

Reply to rumbatubbies-ok - Message ID#: 63202847

rumbatubbies-ok wrote:

CN caters to the 9-15 year old crowd, not the 18+ nostalgic cry babies who grew up in a different time period. You have no business on what kind of programming belongs on CN or AS.

Wrong. There's no reason for long-time fans not to have a voice in regards to Cartoon Network's programming. Besides, those 18+ fans are the ones with the money that advertisers love...

Clan of the Crypt
scrapyard

alls 4givn on the counta adventure time

Hell's Minions
Sketchor

Reply to RPD - Message ID#: 63211615

RPD wrote:

rumbatubbies-ok wrote:

CN caters to the 9-15 year old crowd, not the 18+ nostalgic cry babies who grew up in a different time period. You have no business on what kind of programming belongs on CN or AS.

Wrong. There's no reason for long-time fans not to have a voice in regards to Cartoon Network's programming. Besides, those 18+ fans are the ones with the money that advertisers love...

Cartoon Network shouldn't make their decisions based on the whims of viewers older than their target demographic. No network should.

CN isn't even trying to attract 18+ during the day time that's entirely left to Adult Swim. They'll throw the older viewers a bone every now and then with classic cartoons and the like but their #1 priority is kids until 9PM every night.

You think you can look at this stuff more objectively just because you were a teenager or an adult at the time? That's rich. I didn't even get Cartoon Network until I was in my teens so I guess I could say the same. But regardless of how old you are bias is formed with whatever you liked first.

Not all shows back then were good and not all shows today are bad though it's all just a matter of opinion when you get down to it.

Do I think overall the Cartoon Network of the mid 2000's was better and the earlier Adult Swim was also better? Yeah I suppose so. They suited my interests better at any rate but that doesn't make them objectively better because there's plenty of people who would say they like Adult Swim or even Cartoon Network better today (probably because they don't like Japanese cartoons and love FOX comedies or what have you).

Either way the old Cartoon Network was far from perfect and even Toonami had many many low points (at least for people who got tired of seeing nothing but Dragon Ball series).

HELPeR for the TOONAMI, Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragon Ball Z, Harvey Birdman and Perfect Hair Forever boards. Feel free to ask me anything on those topics.

sketch only puts the arrogant whiney punks in their place... sort of like batman, except on the {AS} boards - THECZAROFGNAR

Sketch, should we make sure it's imprinted on your grave stone "He felt very strongly that Bleach belonged on Toonami!" - .hack-SIGN_John

"We aknowledged that Toonami is cooler than us... and they aknowledged that we're full of ****." [adult swim]
Hell's Minions
Sketchor

Reply to RPD - Message ID#: 63211615

There's really only one good reason to be concerned with what CN does at all.

And that would be to ensure the kids of today get good cartoons like we had. I think in that regard, CN is doing okay. They could be doing better but they're far from awful even with The Annoying Orange.

Bone-ified Ghoul
-Dudeco-

[ Edited ]

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 63215501

Sketchor wrote:

RPD wrote:

rumbatubbies-ok wrote:

Cartoon Network shouldn't make their decisions based on the whims of viewers older than their target demographic. No network should.

CN isn't even trying to attract 18+ during the day time that's entirely left to Adult Swim. They'll throw the older viewers a bone every now and then with classic cartoons and the like but their #1 priority is kids until 9PM every night.

You think you can look at this stuff more objectively just because you were a teenager or an adult at the time? That's rich. I didn't even get Cartoon Network until I was in my teens so I guess I could say the same. But regardless of how old you are bias is formed with whatever you liked first.

Not all shows back then were good and not all shows today are bad though it's all just a matter of opinion when you get down to it.

Do I think overall the Cartoon Network of the mid 2000's was better and the earlier Adult Swim was also better? Yeah I suppose so. They suited my interests better at any rate but that doesn't make them objectively better because there's plenty of people who would say they like Adult Swim or even Cartoon Network better today (probably because they don't like Japanese cartoons and love FOX comedies or what have you).

Either way the old Cartoon Network was far from perfect and even Toonami had many many low points (at least for people who got tired of seeing nothing but Dragon Ball series).

I like 90s CN  and current millenium CN equally. My favorite CN lineups are the ones with both older faves from before 2000 like Eds mixed in with current millenium faves like Chowder and KND.

I like to think that during the later hours of CN like 8:30, shows start to appeal to an audience of more mature viewers while still keeping their kid demographic. Thats why we have Regular Show and especially Mad. The latter serves as a bridge for CN and [AS] that tells younger viewers that they are headed towards [AS] material.

As for Toonami, even though there were things about the block I liked like Tenchi and Teen Titans, I've moved on. If theres one thing about TV in general, its that  sometimes shows come and go and not everything stays the same forever.

Fern Gully, Aladdin and Robots will all be watched in future generations for one reason.
There are 5 original seasons of Futurama, not 4.
The old school=The new school!

Aunt Norma's Urn
JBgoode

Reply to -Dudeco- - Message ID#: 63218565

As an answer to one of the posters, I must quote Billy Joel's 1984 hit "Keeping the Faith":

"The good old days were'nt  always that good & the future ain't as bad as it seems"

Hell's Minions
DoomsDayDevice

Reply to Dark_Lord_Khrima - Message ID#: 63211397

Dark_Lord_Khrima wrote:

Agent Orange = Extremely desperate attempt at ratings.

Doesn't CN do average with the boy demographics and just really bad with girls? I think CN is failing because it's ignoring half the population while Nick and Disney are trying to find shows that can appeal to pretty much everyone, like generic sitcoms. Disney is more or less just a bunch of generic sitcoms at this point, actually.

This. Everything on Disney and Nick is the same, generic sitcom crap.

IMMA RAIN HOT DOOM DOWN UPON YOU!

Visit The Pillow Fort

You're dead to me.

Zombie Slayer
smot-poker

Cartoon Network died a long time ago, man. Definitely somewhere between 2004 and 2009.

This signature has been removed
Zombie Slayer
smot-poker

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 63215501

Sketchor wrote:

I think it's pretty much agreed upon that from an objective point, nostalgia goggles off, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, and even Disney were far superior in the 90s. It could be argued that things aren't as bad as people like me "cry" about them being, but there is no denying the drop in quality.

Squire
Dark_Lord_Khrima

Reply to smot-poker - Message ID#: 63264861

Try asking someone who is actually in their target demo, and I think you'll find you're mistaking.
Zombie Slayer
smot-poker

[ Edited ]

Reply to Dark_Lord_Khrima - Message ID#: 63269799

Any way you slice it, the past comes out on top. True, 12-year-olds might argue with that, but give them time to grow up, and most of them will change their minds. If they had been fed Hannah-Barbera, WB, Rocko's Modern Life, X-Men, etc., they'd eat it just like we did, and they would be just as disappointed with the "state-of-the-art" as "we" are.

I mean, the programming was just awesome. We saw the "golden age" classics from decades prior, we saw the PSA cartoons from the recent past, and we saw the slightly subversive, cutting-edge cartoons of the "alternative" 90s.

You can't beat it. The programs broadcasted were better, and the programs developed were better.

It's deemed the "silver age" for good reason. The recent era might  garner a "bronze" title if it's lucky, but I'm personally not holding my breath.

Squire
Dark_Lord_Khrima

Reply to smot-poker - Message ID#: 63275249

I think you're letting the nostalgia goggles get to you a bit. Television is an evolving medium. Sure things are different now, but they aren't necessarily worse.