Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mysterious Ooze
goku4u

Re: The Official Submit Your Music Thread

Reply to leukoplast - Message ID#: 22329780

oh, i thought that '30 second [as] snippet' or whatever you said referred to an aired clip or something.

but, i've heard your stuff.....and it definately sounds bump worty to me

some of the music played on the bumps sounds pretty simple to make

plus, i don't think they expect perfection

SIGNATURE
Mysterious Ooze
goku4u

Reply to leukoplast - Message ID#: 22329780

oh, i thought that '30 second [as] snippet' or whatever you said referred to an aired clip or something.

but, i've heard your stuff.....and it definately sounds bump worty to me

some of the music played on the bumps sounds pretty simple to make

plus, i don't think they expect perfection

SIGNATURE
Candy Thief

Reply to goku4u - Message ID#: 22330048

Thanks,

and they might not want perfection..but even the simple songs are actually quite hard to make, you will realize this when you start making music with reason. There is so many aspects of music its mind blowing.

But it feels great to make a song that you truly enjoy, its a whole different feeling.

Pumpkin Guts
RunsWithEyesClosed

Re: Official"

Reply to leukoplast - Message ID#: 22143664

leukoplast wrote:

Sweet, Im glad you like them:smileyhappy: you should hear some of my new stuff..it puts the old ones to shame.

here, you can download one of my new ones here, its pretty good.

I would upload all my new songs (about 10 to be exact) but I have dial up and it took me like an hour to upload this one.

Nice stuff.  (you've been getting a lot of compliments, so I'll leave it at just, "Nice stuff."  We wouldn't want you to get over-confident and start slacking on us.)

Mine's coming along slowly but surely.

We can't all be astronauts. Someone's gotta stay here and watch the place.
Candy Thief

Reply to RunsWithEyesClosed - Message ID#: 22330911

haha, thanks, and nah, I dont think Im good enough to start slacking...Ive actually had some song writers block recently.

and what kind of stuff are you doing?

Pumpkin Guts
RunsWithEyesClosed

Reply to leukoplast - Message ID#: 22331061

leukoplast wrote:
haha, thanks, and nah, I dont think Im good enough to start slacking...Ive actually had some song writers block recently.

Kind of an ambient / hip hop thing.  And techno's just too easy to dabble in so I've got a few snippets along those lines.  With my schedule though, it may be almost another month before I can get anything up to par to send in.

I use software.  Orion and Sonar. 
Before I got a computer I used a Boss Dr202 drum machine, a 303 sampler, a mixer and various keyboards.  The sound quality form that stuff was never the best so I decided to upgrade.  Kind of a waste though.  I've got like a thousand dollars of equipment just sitting over there now not getting used.
Face in the Mirror
lordkenaston

Reply to Qman1 - Message ID#: 22101547

lordkenaston
SwimShady

Reply 2 of 2

Viewed 38 times

Reply to lordkenaston - Message ID#: 414142

I just wanted to know what sort of process goes into getting the music and how it is chosen for the bumps durring the wonderful programming the adultswim team does for us.  I hear the awesome music and i feel like some of my stuff could impress AS.  I have wayyy too many sweet **bleep** beats to be playing as the many viewers send in their bumps to be played on the air.  I was hopping to contact someone that works in atlanta. like..the dude that does the music. but all i can do is plead for a response in a place that ill more than likely recieve one.  that david banner guy.. hes like famous because of AS. i hear that **bleep** everywhere now. i want to be everywhere...NOW.

so i wrote that months ago and im finally glad i can send some stuff in.

thanks again maybe someone actually read it.

it's (b-e-e-e-e-e-w-w-w-w-w-w-w) )})!EXPLOSION!({( da bomb.
Mysterious Ooze
goku4u

Reply to RunsWithEyesClosed - Message ID#: 22333861

RunsWithEyesClosed wrote:

leukoplast wrote:

Kind of an ambient / hip hop thing.  And techno's just too easy to dabble in so I've got a few snippets along those lines.  With my schedule though, it may be almost another month before I can get anything up to par to send in.

Before I got a computer I used a Boss Dr202 drum machine, a 303 sampler, a mixer and various keyboards.  The sound quality form that stuff was never the best so I decided to upgrade.  Kind of a waste though.  I've got like a thousand dollars of equipment just sitting over there now not getting used.

got any decent keyboards you wanna sell?

...particularly one with a MIDI port  (or do all keyboards have MIDI ports)

SIGNATURE
Mysterious Ooze
goku4u

leukoplast wrote:

SIGNATURE
Pumpkin Guts
RunsWithEyesClosed

Reply to goku4u - Message ID#: 22336190

goku4u wrote:

Meh, the one I have left isn't really worth bothering over.  You could find a much better one now n days store bought.

Most do have a midi port I'm pretty sure.  Just check the local music merchants.

Bone-ified Ghoul
fm9572

Reply to goku4u - Message ID#: 22326732

goku4u wrote:

fm9572 wrote:

goku4u wrote:
oh yeah, and how do i tell if there's a MIDI port on my comp?

I'm not a 'keyboard guy', but, I've always been told the 'joystick' port on the sound board is also a MIDI port.

If you have a round plug for your MIDI device, then I think there is an adapter for it to fit the joystick port.

I actually prefer 'micing' speakers, because of the differences in the tone you can get. Some of the greatest performances were recorded that way... :smileywink: But I'm a 'Guitar Picker', what do I know?

well, i surely hope i don't have to dig into my computer and mess with the sound board...if that's what you mean

NO. I mean beside where you plug your speakers, Mic, Line-in ect... on the same card, the place where you plug a  'Joy Stick', or 'Game Controller, is also a 'MIDI' port...
Take your keyboard to Radio Shack, and show them the back of it.
They'll have the cord/adapter(s) you need.

i'm just hoping there is maybe an adapter that i can use through USB

See above statement. If you can use the USB, Radio Shack probably has it, and a techno-geek who can make it work for you.

but, anyway, I'm a guitar picker myself.  I always used to play around with different sounds and recorded a few things....until my pedal was taken away from me.  I just can't wait to get Reason and start experimenting. 

I hate pedals.

I can get so many different sounds without them. I've been working with a 'Fruchante era' Chilli Peppers 'Clean Strat' tone lately.

I use a practice amp, and mic up a set of Mini-speakers, and use a cup to help shape the sound...

I got Audacity for free yesterday, just google that...

I'm happy with it. It's straight forward, and it serves the purpose for me. I've even got a plug-in to convert files to mp3 format...

Can't ask for much more, for free that is...

Tesla Motors Electric Sports Car... www.greasecar.com Convert A Diesel to run on Veggie Oil...
www.biodieselamerica.org The US Biodiesel Co-Op....How to Make Your Own BioDiesel A Video Clip..
www.Ethanol.org Official Site...www.calcars.org How to make a Prius get over 100 MPG !!!
Candy Thief

[ Edited ]

leukoplast wrote:

Nice, sounds like you have some good music experience...much more than me. I just started making music back in May of this year.

and that stinks you have so much unusable equipment..especially a 1000$ worth..heck you could buy the same keyboard that i got for 999$

Best of luck to ya.:smileyhappy:

Message Edited by leukoplast on 12-31-2005 12:15 AM

Mysterious Ooze
goku4u

Reply to leukoplast - Message ID#: 22346566

dude,

like........whoa..........

what's with your screen name now?

it changed.......i thought you were leukoplast

but, now your calvin and hobbes?

this is twilight zone sh!t
SIGNATURE
Mysterious Ooze
goku4u

Reply to goku4u - Message ID#: 22361788

nvm

i figured it out after i posted that post

SIGNATURE
Candy Thief

Reply to goku4u - Message ID#: 22373288

lol..Im sure a lot of people were very confused.

Twas a good time though.

But Im glad this thread got floated, it deserves it.
SwimVoyeur
1stpost

Reply to goku4u - Message ID#: 22326732

If your sound card has a joystick port, you can pick up a MIDI-to-joystick cable for about twenty bucks USD.

If not, there are MIDI-to-USB converters available starting at about $40-50. Edirol and Midisport make some affordable ones that'll do ya just fine.

Most keyboards have MIDI, although on the lower priced stuff you might have to check to make sure. (Basically if your keyboard has built in speakers, I'd check.) If you just want to use the sounds on your existing keyboard, you could always just go into the Line In on your soundcard from the headphone/audio out on the synth. MIDI is more fun because not only can you control so many of the things happening on the computer through it, but there are also a bunch of free soundfonts and software synths available on the internet that give you a lot more playable options than the presets on whatever keyboard/synth you're using. There are some nice dedicated MIDI controller keyboards out there in the $50-100 range that work with USB.

For guitars (I'm a longtime picker myself), there are so many great-sounding boxes out now that do effects/amp modeling/preamp quite well for computer recording, such as the Pods from Line6.

Check with music stores first; computer stores generally are not gonna carry as much of this stuff.
Mysterious Ooze
goku4u

Reply to 1stpost - Message ID#: 22377819

Wow.   Thanks a lot, man. 
Your input is much appreciated.

I'm pleasantly surprised that you say I can get a decent keyboard with MIDI for around $100.
But, I think I'm gonna get one without the built-in speakers, since they usually seem to be of higher quality.....am I assuming correctly here?

Don't the one's with built in speakers cost less....but are of less quality than those which need an amp or something in order for you to hear your music?

Also, does it matter if I do or do not get a keyboard without built in speakers.....in respect to me being able to connect the keyboard to my computer?

Because I think I have seen some boards with built in speakers that seem like they are made to be a stand-alone keyboard in which you can't connect other devices to them.

Thanks, again.

SIGNATURE
Face in the Mirror
Woogleslap

What do you listen for in the music we submit? Do you want beats that sound like the ones you already have or beats that sound like nothing you have ever heard. In other words, what makes a beat BUMPWORTHY to you because to me my beats are bumpworthy but I do not know if they would be to you.
Candy Thief

Reply to goku4u - Message ID#: 22380302

goku4u wrote:
Wow.   Thanks a lot, man. 
Your input is much appreciated.

I'm pleasantly surprised that you say I can get a decent keyboard with MIDI for around $100.
But, I think I'm gonna get one without the built-in speakers, since they usually seem to be of higher quality.....am I assuming correctly here?-Yes, basically a keyboard with speakers built in is like getting a receiver for your stereo..and it comes with speakers..its just a cheap package, and the keyboards that have speakers built in..well, they suk to be honest with you. SO if you want to make decent sounding music..do not get on of those.

Don't the one with built in speakers cost less....but are of less quality than those which need an amp or something in order for you to hear your music?-They cost less, and are not even close to studio quality, they are mainly used for 9 year olds who like to hit keys on a piano. The keyboards which allow one to use external devices to either hear it, via external speakers, or even control it through MIDI are the ones you want to look into. Stupid quality is the way to go.

Also, does it matter if I do or do not get a keyboard without built in speakers.....in respect to me being able to connect the keyboard to my computer?-Just dont do it, you will be wasting your money. For the same price as a keyboard with built in speakers, you can get the light version of a respectable music making software..like Reason, or Cubase. Plus enough to buy a MIDI controller to act as the keyboard.

Because I think I have seen some boards with built in speakers that seem like they are made to be a stand-alone keyboard in which you can't connect other devices to them.-Exactly, they are just toys..and I dont think they even have MIDI ports..or sound ports in nor out.

Candy Thief

Reply to Woogleslap - Message ID#: 22380702

Woogleslap wrote:
What do you listen for in the music we submit? Do you want beats that sound like the ones you already have or beats that sound like nothing you have ever heard. In other words, what makes a beat BUMPWORTHY to you because to me my beats are bumpworthy but I do not know if they would be to you.

Can you submit a sample of one of them?

and really..I think in order for it to be bumpworthy..it just has to sound good. and have good flow to it.

Face in the Mirror
Woogleslap

Reply to leukoplast - Message ID#: 22381108

The first four are some of the many i am submitting to adult swim. I still have to fix a few things in the beats but you will get the idea of how they will sound.

Pumpkin Guts
RunsWithEyesClosed

Reply to Woogleslap - Message ID#: 22383170

Woogleslap wrote:
The first four are some of the many i am submitting to adult swim. I still have to fix a few things in the beats but you will get the idea of how they will sound.

I like.  Midnight Blue's got flavor.

What are you using?

Face in the Mirror
Woogleslap

Reply to RunsWithEyesClosed - Message ID#: 22384341

Just FlStudio I dont even know how to play the piano. I have made about 40 beats on FL. Do you think it would sound right on a bump?
Pumpkin Guts
RunsWithEyesClosed

Reply to Woogleslap - Message ID#: 22384721

Like you said, they just need a few little tweaks here and there and you'll be good to go.  Blue sounds good and the others just need another layer to them, it sounds like to me anyway.  But it's 3am and I don't trust any of my senses right now.  Do what you feel.

As soon as I get done with one or two I'll try and put them up for some feedback.  I've been saying that for months now...

I'm a master procrastinator. 

Zombie Slayer
memo737

hey, i submitted like 4 songs (beats) and hopefully [as] likes em- i don't have em anywhere but i submitted them under Generation-Under...look for em. good luck everyone!
- [memo]

MPH - 476 809 402 179 - memo_MKDS - memo - 416 671365 638_ACDS - [memo] - famicom - 498 277 239 193_ACDS - Sluggo - famicom - 038 719 112 198_THAS - memo - 154 679 573 019