KittehFan
AssProd

Re: The Official Submit Your Music Thread

Reply to bogsnarth_ - Message ID#: 22299112

Well that's where things could get complicated. If you went and made a beat, sent it to us to use, and then two months later, sold it to a company, there may be legal issues. We don't like complications, so if anything we'd just void the agreement over the song since chances are said company wouldn't let us use it. Or something.
KittehPunk
bogsnarth_

[ Edited ]

Reply to AssProd - Message ID#: 22302186

ok, i'll keep that in mind.. i've only ever done self-release or netlabel stuff,
so that wouldn't be an issue for the most part.. but if i'm ever in a position
to sell some tracks to a "real" label and one of them happens to have been used
by [as], i'll be sure to let them know so as to avoid any legal issues..
(typing all that out, i realize the utter unlikelihood of any of those things
ever happening.. but whatever. :smileytongue:)

i made some real funky sh*t earlier tonight.. (er.. last night.. i've been up since
4 pm yesterday, so uhh.. it's all kinda blurry..) hopefully it'll still sound good
after a good night's (day's) rest..

Message Edited by bogsnarth_ on 12-29-2005 01:43 PM

if they cannot see the humor of it, let them mount up upon themselves.
KittehStar
Baltazar

Reply to AssProd - Message ID#: 22302186

True, If he sold the rights to someone else that would get sticky. He'ld have to disclose who he gave license to use it.

It doesn't say anything in the contract about the creator, licensing to other entities.

Like you said "we'd just void the agreement".

It's not like you have to use it.
Kittehmortal
Sunnysidez86

Reply to bogsnarth_ - Message ID#: 22302471

But i'll send in a CD with all the fun legal stuff at the start of next year
Awesome Kitteh
goku4u

Reply to leukoplast - Message ID#: 22154283

leukoplast wrote:

Qman1 wrote:
I havent heard any of your music.
If possible, I would like you to post some links to your music (whenever possible).

Just to give us a taste....

Sure,

This is off my latest album. Its called Age of Light.

Its the only one Ive uploaded so far to the net. But I will probably do some more when I have the time to upload em (due to dial up)

kudos on that track

i downloaded it and am pretty impressed

so....like what software do you use to create your beats?

..because i'm really wanting to get me one, because i create my own music too

my friend has reason, and i think i can get him to install it on my comp

do you think that's a good program for this stuff?

SIGNATURE
KittehLegend

Reply to Sunnysidez86 - Message ID#: 22304189

Do you play in that band?
KittehLegend

Reply to goku4u - Message ID#: 22304459

goku4u wrote:

kudos on that track

i downloaded it and am pretty impressed

so....like what software do you use to create your beats?

..because i'm really wanting to get me one, because i create my own music too

my friend has reason, and i think i can get him to install it on my comp

do you think that's a good program for this stuff?

Thank you:smileyhappy:

and I use a Korg Triton Le, its a Music workstation keyboard, so its all done off the board, I havent used a computer program yet.

and yeah, reason is a very good program and it probably has more power and progam sounds than my triton does..so the beats you can create on it will most likely be of higher quality than the stuff I do.

so if you can get ahold of that..go for it, you will be amazed at what can be done with a high quality program like that.

I know a few people who use Reason, and they enjoy it a lot.

Awesome Kitteh
goku4u

Reply to leukoplast - Message ID#: 22304577

wow.  sweet board, man

i used to have an ancient Roland synthesizer board.  it was cool, until one of my drunken **bleep** friends broke it and my dreams along with it.

i only had it for like 3 days :smileysad:

...and i was thinking about getting a new, modern one

But.....like you said, I guess that program should be all I need

...except i like to play the keyboard.  Also, I can understand how making things like drum beats and effects would be easy with a program like Reason, but how would one go about adding in some of the synthesizer stuff and keyboard tracks....without any keys?

...I'm just sorta' new to all this electronic stuff apart from my recording system.

I need that knowledge, yo!!!

SIGNATURE
Kittehmortal
Sunnysidez86

Reply to leukoplast - Message ID#: 22304474

leukoplast wrote:

No

semi promotional work for them

they have more newer songs that blow that collection on their website out of the water

literally.

Grumpy Cat
crackymckrackin

Reply to bogsnarth_ - Message ID#: 22302471

bogsnarth_ wrote:
ok, I'll keep that in mind.. I've only ever done self-release or netlabel stuff,
so that wouldn't be an issue for the most part.. but if I'm ever in a position
to sell some tracks to a "real" label and one of them happens to have been used
by [as], I'll be sure to let them know so as to avoid any legal issues..
(typing all that out, i realize the utter unlikelihood of any of those things
ever happening.. but whatever. :smileytongue:)

i made some real funky sh*t earlier tonight.. (er.. last night.. I've been up since
4 pm yesterday, so uhh.. it's all kinda blurry..) hopefully it'll still sound good
after a good night's (day's) rest..

Message Edited by bogsnarth_ on 12-29-2005 01:43 PM

When you deal with recording company's(labels) If they sign you then all that they own is anything the spend the money on to record. Unless you sell them the royalty's to the music. Otherwise you still own your music. The albums that they record they own. But the actually song it's self still belongs to you. I hope this made sense.
KittehLegend

Reply to goku4u - Message ID#: 22304786

was your Roland a workstation? Like could you record your songs with it..with cue lists..loops etc? and how come you just didnt return it, since it was only 3 days old?

and about reason..Im not too sure how the program works, but I believe you will need a MIDI controller like these.

once you have one of those, connect it through a MIDI port on your comp(if you have one) and its used exactly as a keyboard would.

KittehLegend

Reply to Sunnysidez86 - Message ID#: 22305838

Sunnysidez86 wrote:

leukoplast wrote:

No

semi promotional work for them

they have more newer songs that blow that collection on their website out of the water

literally.

Oh ok, so if your submitting music..is it going to be your own?

and if so, what kind of stuff are ya doing?
Kittehmortal
Sunnysidez86

Reply to leukoplast - Message ID#: 22306105

No it would be their music

of course i could capture consent from them, however i am more than sure once i ask and if they have a shot at getting any national exposure whatsoever they would be down with that.

Awesome Kitteh
goku4u

Reply to leukoplast - Message ID#: 22306073

leukoplast wrote:
was your Roland a workstation? Like could you record your songs with it..with cue lists..loops etc? and how come you just didnt return it, since it was only 3 days old?

and about reason..Im not too sure how the program works, but I believe you will need a MIDI controller like these.

once you have one of those, connect it through a MIDI port on your comp(if you have one) and its used exactly as a keyboard would.

I don't think it was a workstation.  I think it was straight up keyboard.  It was really old school...so the warranty was long gone by the time i got my hands on it.  That's why I don't think it could do anything special like being able to save loops and beats or whatever in it.  It did have a spot for a floppy disc, though....so i dunno...maybe.

But, I was wondering.  With your workstation, there is no...like...physical 'recording' that is needed, since everyhting is already in digital format, right?

...because i think the only way i could record synth tracks was using a separate recording program apart from the keyboard.

oh, and yeah....thanks.  i'll check out those controller things

SIGNATURE
Awesome Kitteh
goku4u

Reply to leukoplast - Message ID#: 22306073

oh yeah, and how do i tell if there's a MIDI port on my comp?
SIGNATURE
KittehLegend

Reply to goku4u - Message ID#: 22317932

goku4u wrote:

leukoplast wrote:

I don't think it was a workstation.  I think it was straight up keyboard.  It was really old school...so the warranty was long gone by the time i got my hands on it.  That's why I don't think it could do anything special like being able to save loops and beats or whatever in it.  It did have a spot for a floppy disc, though....so i dunno...maybe.

But, I was wondering.  With your workstation, there is no...like...physical 'recording' that is needed, since everything is already in digital format, right?

...because i think the only way i could record synth tracks was using a separate recording program apart from the keyboard.

oh, and yeah....thanks.  I'll check out those controller things

Yes, everything is all recorded internally with what I got, you dont have to have external devices. And If you get the sampling option you can record things like real guitars..vocals, etc through the SCSI connection. So really its limitless of what it can do.and all the sounds are recorded on the actual board, plus you can edit it anyway you want..layer sounds upon sounds, loops, all kinds of stuff.

and if you get ahold of reason you can record directly to the program, and it probably saves it to your comp, so you wont need any external devices to record with that either.

and the way you can tell if you have MIDI ports is if you have one of these round things on the back of your comp

This is what a MIDI chord looks like

so the connection would have to circular like that..My comp doesnt have one, but Im sure that reason can be connected to your comp by the use of an USB as well.
KittehPunk
vmt420

Reply to Qman1 - Message ID#: 22101547

quick 2 questions

how old must the participant be to submit music

how would the average joe such as myself gain access to the turner music archive or atleast a list of music from it that I could purchase ( like from bestbuy or fye or something )
KittehHotshot
fm9572

Reply to goku4u - Message ID#: 22318647

goku4u wrote:

I'm not a 'keyboard guy', but, I've always been told the 'joystick' port on the sound board is also a MIDI port.

If you have a round plug for your MIDI device, then I think there is an adapter for it to fit the joystick port.

I actually prefer 'micing' speakers, because of the differences in the tone you can get. Some of the greatest performances were recorded that way... :smileywink: But I'm a 'Guitar Picker', what do I know?

Tesla Motors Electric Sports Car... www.greasecar.com Convert A Diesel to run on Veggie Oil...
www.biodieselamerica.org The US Biodiesel Co-Op....How to Make Your Own BioDiesel A Video Clip..
www.Ethanol.org Official Site...www.calcars.org How to make a Prius get over 100 MPG !!!
Awesome Kitteh
goku4u

Reply to leukoplast - Message ID#: 22320182

leukoplast wrote:

goku4u wrote:

leukoplast wrote:

But, I was wondering.  With your workstation, there is no...like...physical 'recording' that is needed, since everything is already in digital format, right?

oh, and yeah....thanks.  I'll check out those controller things

Yes, everything is all recorded internally with what I got, you dont have to have external devices. And If you get the sampling option you can record things like real guitars..vocals, etc through the SCSI connection. So really its limitless of what it can do.and all the sounds are recorded on the actual board, plus you can edit it anyway you want..layer sounds upon sounds, loops, all kinds of stuff.

and if you get ahold of reason you can record directly to the program, and it probably saves it to your comp, so you wont need any external devices to record with that either.

and the way you can tell if you have MIDI ports is if you have one of these round things on the back of your comp

so the connection would have to circular like that..My comp doesnt have one, but Im sure that reason can be connected to your comp by the use of an USB as well.

that all sounds good

but, what do you mean by this?  i thought reason was software that is installed on the hard drive....not connected externally through usb

but, i guess i don't have a MIDI port.  there's a circular port back there....but it has spots for many prongs in the chord, as opposed to the 3 or 4 shown in the MIDI chord you linked to

is there an interface i can purchase that will work with my USB port?
SIGNATURE
Awesome Kitteh
goku4u

Reply to fm9572 - Message ID#: 22324565

fm9572 wrote:

goku4u wrote:

I'm not a 'keyboard guy', but, I've always been told the 'joystick' port on the sound board is also a MIDI port.

If you have a round plug for your MIDI device, then I think there is an adapter for it to fit the joystick port.

I actually prefer 'micing' speakers, because of the differences in the tone you can get. Some of the greatest performances were recorded that way... :smileywink: But I'm a 'Guitar Picker', what do I know?

well, i surely hope i don't have to dig into my computer and mess with the sound board...if that's what you mean

i'm just hoping there is maybe an adapter that i can use through USB

but, anyway, I'm a guitar picker myself.  I always used to play around with different sounds and recorded a few things....until my pedal was taken away from me.  I just can't wait to get Reason and start experimenting. 

SIGNATURE
KittehNerd
Masta_Ace

Reply to leukoplast - Message ID#: 22102318

Hey your clip is pretty good, kiiinnndd of a change from what I'm used to hearin (hip hop esque) but its a good change.
KittehLegend

Reply to goku4u - Message ID#: 22326617

goku4u wrote:

leukoplast wrote:

that all sounds good

but, what do you mean by this?  i thought reason was software that is installed on the hard drive....not connected externally through usb

but, i guess i don't have a MIDI port.  there's a circular port back there....but it has spots for many prongs in the chord, as opposed to the 3 or 4 shown in the MIDI chord you linked to

is there an interface i can purchase that will work with my USB port?

Whoops...my bad I meant to say that the MIDI controller (the keyboard) can be connected through the USB too.

and I think any program you get you can use the controller through USB, so you will be able to do this with reason if you wanted.

But Im going to double check this to make sure for ya.
KittehLegend

Reply to Masta_Ace - Message ID#: 22326959

Masta_Ace wrote:
Hey your clip is pretty good, kiiinnndd of a change from what I'm used to hearin (hip hop esque) but its a good change.

Thank you:smileyhappy:

and what one did you listen to ..the 3 or 4 min song one..or the short [as] snippet one?
Awesome Kitteh
goku4u

Reply to leukoplast - Message ID#: 22329117

that's some good news

thanks, man

has one of your clips been aired already?

SIGNATURE
KittehLegend

[ Edited ]

Reply to goku4u - Message ID#: 22329623

Not that I know of.

I sent in my music with the agreement on Tuesday, so they should get it soon.

They probably wont use any of it cause to me..its not perfect, and some bump music I hear just blows my perception of music making a skills out of the water.

Message Edited by leukoplast on 12-30-2005 01:43 PM