KittehStar
InuFan05

Re: InuYasha: The Final Act Discussion -SPOILERS!!

Reply to DoxieMoxie - Message ID#: 62888036

But all that is exactly what I said! I said that it isn't necessary Mendelian, and that dominance can't be solely used to explain the inheritance at hand. I also pointed out that multiple genes would be necessary in determining the appearance of the offspring; I acknowledged that neither of us were trying to attribute everything to a single allele.

But what I'm saying is that the combination of the demonic and human aspects are what are responsible for all the changes we see. Just as the changes we see in his demonic transformation are the manifestation of his genetic composition, the combination of his demonic and human traits also affects how his genes will be physically expressed during his monthly transformation.

At least it's good that we've found some sort of middle ground in this debate though. :smileyvery-happy:

But overall, we're overthinking this. This is just a fairy tale/ myth after all, and everything is largely teid in the supernatural. :smileyvery-happy:

I'll always be by your side.           You can always count on me.

"My meeting you was no coincidence. It's more than that..."
MasterKitteh
DoxieMoxie

Reply to InuFan05 - Message ID#: 62949292

InuFan05 wrote:
True. It's just that we're explaining the physiological basis of the inheritance of their kids.

:smileyvery-happy: Maybe..

And I can so roll my tongue! :smileyvery-happy:

I can roll it, touch my chin with it, and almost touch my nose with it.  On top of that, I can do that tie a cherry stem in a knot thing with it.  :smileyvery-happy:

I'm doxiedachsie!
New Rank Chart | Custom Rank Chart | Communiy Error Reports | Inuyasha Board | Moribito Board | Casshern Sins Board | Samurai 7
Your HELPeR for Inuyasha, Moribito!, Casshern Sins, and Samurai 7!
Moribito Episode Viewing going on right now in the Moribito Folder! Episode 21 now up!

MasterKitteh
DoxieMoxie

Re: InuYasha: The Final Act Discussion - NOW SPOIL

Reply to ben0119 - Message ID#: 62944448

ben0119 wrote:

DoxieMoxie wrote:
The blast at Jaken was not a wind scar, but a lesser projection of energy called Kenatsu.  It simply means that the sword can project it's cutting power some distance away and cut an opponent without physically touching them.  Sesshomaru's Tokijin exhibited this power, a lot.
I didn't say it was a Wind Scar.  It did seem like sort of the same energy, though.  Still, your Wind Scar explanation makes sense, and I suppose this one does too.  In any case, there's a definitely a sort of instinctual, subconscious thing going on there.  From what I remember, Tokijin mostly just fired a lot of energy, like those showers of little needle-like beams.  But really, you can split a lot of hairs as far as these weird sword powers and their explanations go anyway.
There are no tax-supported, state run public schools.  Families pay tuition for the privilege of sending their children to the open enrollment school  of their choice, which may be quite some distance from the home.  When Takahashi wrote Inuyasha, she intended him to act, think, and look like a 15-year-old, making him be Kagome's contemporary.  She has said in interviews that he has the body and mindset of a boy of 15.  However, everything she put in the manga implies that he is really 15, and the only problem is the 50 year spell Kikyo put on him.  The spell essentially moved him forward in time by 50 years without aging him.
Oh okay.  Actually, that makes a lot of sense now that I think about it in the sense of Durarara too.   I guess it is never outright explained because the original intended audience would already plainly know this.  Huh.  Where did I get the idea Inuyasha was 17?  I guess someone must have said that years ago, and it stuck in my head for some reason, but it turned out to be wrong, nonetheless.

You could look on eBay for complete sets of the manga.  It seems that people are getting rid of their collections and some of the bid requests aren't bad (but a few are outrageous).

Well, it should be mentioned that the money situation for myself and my family is tighter than it has been in years, so a purchase on the order of an entire long-running manga collection is probably out of the question, any time soon.  That, and if I was going to collect anything, it would probably be the DVDs of the Anime first.  Still, used copies wouldn't support the author, would they?  Then again, I suppose buying them all, or a set, if Viz offers one, would be even more expensive, but still... Although, if/when I do decide to go this route, I'll remember the tip.  Thanks.

They didn't necessarily live in the same house; but there must have been some sort of relationship.  It is painfully obvious that after Inuyasha's mother died, Sesshomaru abandoned him, too.  (I can't believe I spelled that wrong.)

Well yeah, I definitely agree with you there.  I think they must have at least seen each other every few months, or maybe even every month, at the very least.  I doubt Sesshomaru was exactly looking out for him when his mother was around, but yes... it's clear he certainly wasn't there afterward, either.  If you really sit down and think about Inuyasha's backstory it is thoroughly depressing!  Fortunately, things turned out pretty well for him, in the end, though.

Inuyasha remarked about its loss of protection in the Tojenkyo arc and when Jakotsu attacked him as a human.  In his hald-demon form, the robe could be pierced by a really strong opponent.  Even Kikyo got through it with her arrows.

Oh okay.  Well, that's cut and dry then.  It doesn't help if he's human, and only stops attacks from opponents at a certain level of strength.  And of course, we can never forget the arrows that got through (or the one that stuck him to the tree).

The word pantheism is a descriptive term to describe a religion that recognizes many gods, like "monotheism" means the religion recognizes only 1 god.  As such, both terms can be applied to Shinto.  It recognizes many gods, or Kami, that all originated from the same creative force, Kami.  They even use the same word to describe both.

Oh okay.  Well, after I read the chapter of that other manga, I googled pantheism.  In any case, the idea in that manga was that all objects, living and non-living, all possessed some sort of soul, and that you could harness this soul as a power to a certain extent, especially with familiar/favored items such as a baseball bat, or pendant, etc... I'm not sure how much of this would be in Shinto, but I thought I'd throw it out there. :smileytongue:

That is the essence of Shinto, every physical object in the universe possesses a soul, and the soul is composed of multiple globes of energy.  Inanimate objects have less than 50 globes, but going up the scale, humans have 300-500 and a few persons with exceptional spiritual power have more.

For whatever it's worth Shinto actually got a mention the Colbert Report when he was doing a Blitzkrieg on Grinchitude segment and said something about how Christmas Trees shouldn't be called "Holiday Trees" because it could be confused with some Shinto Winter Bonsai Festival Tree or something... I didn't know what he was talking about or what those even are, of if they have those... but... I made a mental note of it. :smileyvery-happy:

I have no idea what he was referring to; but Shinto does believe in trees as having purifying qualities and fighting harmful spirits.  Hence, the power of Goshinbuko at the Higurashi shrine.

I'm doxiedachsie!
New Rank Chart | Custom Rank Chart | Communiy Error Reports | Inuyasha Board | Moribito Board | Casshern Sins Board | Samurai 7
Moribito Episode Viewing going on right now in the Moribito Folder! Episode 21 now up!

KittehHipster
studster1011

[ Edited ]

Reply to DoxieMoxie - Message ID#: 62950146

DoxieMoxie wrote:

InuFan05 wrote:
True. It's just that we're explaining the physiological basis of the inheritance of their kids.

I can roll it, touch my chin with it, and almost touch my nose with it.  On top of that, I can do that tie a cherry stem in a knot thing with it.  :smileyvery-happy:

You can touch your chin?! Impossible! I can only touch my nose, i cant even roll it :smileysad: :smileyvery-happy:

The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.

"Come at me... little brother." - Sesshomaru

Mah Steam be - Ensane666
xbox live = ensane666
MasterKitteh
DoxieMoxie

Reply to studster1011 - Message ID#: 62950718

It's easier to touch my chin than my nose.

I'm doxiedachsie!

KittehHipster
studster1011

Reply to DoxieMoxie - Message ID#: 62950782

hmmm i guess i've never really tried, and i don't really want to do it now because my christmas beard will leave hair in my mouth :smileyvery-happy:

The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.

"Come at me... little brother." - Sesshomaru

Mah Steam be - Ensane666
xbox live = ensane666
KittehStar
InuFan05

Reply to DoxieMoxie - Message ID#: 62950146

DoxieMoxie wrote:

InuFan05 wrote:

I'm almost able to get to my nose, but I can't do the cherry stem knot. :smileysad: What's that for anyways?

KittehStar
InuFan05

Reply to DoxieMoxie - Message ID#: 62950782

I feel the opposite there. :smileyvery-happy:

MasterKitteh
DoxieMoxie

Reply to InuFan05 - Message ID#: 62963710

InuFan05 wrote:

DoxieMoxie wrote:

InuFan05 wrote:

I'm almost able to get to my nose, but I can't do the cherry stem knot. :smileysad: What's that for anyways?

You would have to watch Lara Flynn Boyle do it in "Twin Peaks".

I'm doxiedachsie!

KittehLegend
ben0119

[ Edited ]

Reply to DoxieMoxie - Message ID#: 62950208

o_O Why did you edit my other post instead of reply to it?  I did a spit-take there a minute.  Thought I was losing it (more than usual). :smileytongue: But thanks for the explanation, I must have misread that first line somehow.  Anyway, give my thanks to whatever mod fixed the thread title.  Why was it decided to merge the threads, though?  The idea was to keep the spoiler Final Act threads to a minimum, I suppose?  I can agree with that.  And besides, it gave this thread a much needed shot in the arm.

DoxieMoxie wrote:
That is the essence of Shinto, every physical object in the universe possesses a soul, and the soul is composed of multiple globes of energy.  Inanimate objects have less than 50 globes, but going up the scale, humans have 300-500 and a few persons with exceptional spiritual power have more.
Aahhh okay.  Well, I guess he just didn't want to use any religion by name, so he just used the premise, and titled the chapter thusly.  Thanks for the info, in any case.

I have no idea what he was referring to; but Shinto does believe in trees as having purifying qualities and fighting harmful spirits.  Hence, the power of Goshinbuko at the Higurashi shrine.

Fair enough.  But yeah, I can see that.  Shinto isn't the only one either.  There's lots of stories and anecdotes of various trees and their roots, etc having healing and purifying properties from cultures all over the world.  Funny how that works.  It's like how many cultures have a belief in some sort of dragon, and built pyramids.

These were the only two you wanted to reply to?  Eh, I suppose the rest of those discussions have thoroughly ran their course anyway, to put it mildly.  Hahaha...

InuFan05 wrote:

At least it's good that we've found some sort of middle ground in this debate though. :smileyvery-happy:

But overall, we're overthinking this. This is just a fairy tale/ myth after all, and everything is largely teid in the supernatural. :smileyvery-happy:

Good to hear it!  The rest of that post was turning my mind into puddy, and I usually love scientific discussions! :smileyvery-happy: Now, we can move on...

InuFan05 wrote:

DoxieMoxie wrote:

InuFan05 wrote:

But goodness, what I have I wrought?! :smileyvery-happy: Just to be clear, people, I'm not talking about rolling your tongue in speech, like a Spaniard, or something.  I meant, like when you make the "O" sound shape with your mouth, you can stick your tongue out, and also make that shape with your tongue.  Don't make me take a picture of myself doing this! :smileyvery-happy:

I can't touch my chin or my nose because my tongue isn't that long, and I don't know what the "cherry stem knot" thing even is... Plus, if I try, it's not quite so fun, because I need to shave!  That stubble didn't feel good against the bottom of my tongue! :smileyvery-happy:

I know a bit about Twin Peaks but haven't seen it, as it was before my time.  I am interested, though.  From what I understand, it was a big deal, like The X-files of its days.  As for the Lara Flynn Boyle thing, that doesn't ring a bell, but definitely ups my interest even more, now! ;P

Hmm, we've gotten a bit off-topic here, it seems.... Sorry about that.

Oh, I know what I wanted to mention.  Good job on those Inu Christmas icons!  They were put together really well!  Still, my Rukia (and Ichigo and Kon tree ornament) icon is from official art.  No photoshopping involved here! :smileywink: :smileytongue:

Oh yeah, the font in here... it looks like choo choo train font.  Or from an old clock.  Not sure if that's intentional or not... I think its the only folder with a special font.  I like it.  You seemed to have evolved your Helper powers, Doxie, lol.

HULK HOGAN vs. LELOUCH vi BRITANNIA // My AIM: BenO0119 // My YIM: bao0119 // My MAL // My DeviantArt // My Steam Account // My Tumblr Page // Me and my Seth Green autographed Titan Maximum S1 DVD! // Sate your hunger for FMA! // RAVE MASTER CONTINUES! THE MANGA DISCUSSION // Rukia Kuchiki Fan Club! (spoiler-free!) // "Traps, is that what you call my simple diversions?" - Naraku // "Are you actually crying, Vash the Stampede? That is wonderful, truly wonderful." - Legato // "Admiration is the furthest thing from understanding." - Sosuke Aizen
MasterKitteh
DoxieMoxie

Reply to ben0119 - Message ID#: 62999607

ben0119 wrote:

o_O Why did you edit my other post instead of reply to it?  I did a spit-take there a minute.  Thought I was losing it (more than usual). :smileytongue: But thanks for the explanation, I must have misread that first line somehow.  Anyway, give my thanks to whatever mod fixed the thread title.  Why was it decided to merge the threads, though?  The idea was to keep the spoiler Final Act threads to a minimum, I suppose?  I can agree with that.  And besides, it gave this thread a much needed shot in the arm.

But I did reply to it, with text in pale green.  Your original post is still intact.  One of the mods changed the thread title based on a complaint (don't know who for sure); but the threads are not merged.  They both exist with practically the same title.  Confusing.  I just floated this one and not the other.

DoxieMoxie wrote:
Aahhh okay.  Well, I guess he just didn't want to use any religion by name, so he just used the premise, and titled the chapter thusly.  Thanks for the info, in any case.

Fair enough.  But yeah, I can see that.  Shinto isn't the only one either.  There's lots of stories and anecdotes of various trees and their roots, etc having healing and purifying properties from cultures all over the world.  Funny how that works.  It's like how many cultures have a belief in some sort of dragon, and built pyramids.

These were the only two you wanted to reply to?  Eh, I suppose the rest of those discussions have thoroughly ran their course anyway, to put it mildly.  Hahaha...

InuFan05 wrote:

Good to hear it!  The rest of that post was turning my mind into puddy, and I usually love scientific discussions! :smileyvery-happy: Now, we can move on...

InuFan05 wrote:

DoxieMoxie wrote:

InuFan05 wrote:

But goodness, what I have I wrought?! :smileyvery-happy: Just to be clear, people, I'm not talking about rolling your tongue in speech, like a Spaniard, or something.  I meant, like when you make the "O" sound shape with your mouth, you can stick your tongue out, and also make that shape with your tongue.  Don't make me take a picture of myself doing this! :smileyvery-happy:

I'm talking about making a tube that matches the "O" shape of my lips.  I can also roll it the other way, too, horizontally.  And I don't have to open my mouth to do it.  :smileytongue:

I can't touch my chin or my nose because my tongue isn't that long, and I don't know what the "cherry stem knot" thing even is... Plus, if I try, it's not quite so fun, because I need to shave!  That stubble didn't feel good against the bottom of my tongue! :smileyvery-happy:

I know a bit about Twin Peaks but haven't seen it, as it was before my time.  I am interested, though.  From what I understand, it was a big deal, like The X-files of its days.  As for the Lara Flynn Boyle thing, that doesn't ring a bell, but definitely ups my interest even more, now! ;P

She did the cherry stem trick in the one of the episodes, for the purpose of impressing a guy.  She takes a cherry stem, puts it in her mouth, and then uses her tongue to tie it into a knot, all without opening her mouth or taking it out until the knot is finished.

Hmm, we've gotten a bit off-topic here, it seems.... Sorry about that.   It's okay...  >_>

Oh, I know what I wanted to mention.  Good job on those Inu Christmas icons!  They were put together really well!  Still, my Rukia (and Ichigo and Kon tree ornament) icon is from official art.  No photoshopping involved here! :smileywink: :smileytongue:

The icons came from the ornaments in the banner (or rather from the same official calendar that the ornaments came from).  All I did was replace the background with a plain color and add the holiday headgear.

Oh yeah, the font in here... it looks like choo choo train font.  Or from an old clock.  Not sure if that's intentional or not... I think its the only folder with a special font.  I like it.  You seemed to have evolved your Helper powers, Doxie, lol.

The font is the same Georgia font that I use for my regular posting.  Humbug said we could personalize our folders, as in make them unique, within reason.  I interpreted that as going no further than changing up the font and color occasionally, within reason.  I.e., no wingdings or webdings and no hard to read colors, and certainly no blinking or scrolling text.

I'm doxiedachsie!

KittehLegend
ben0119

[ Edited ]

Reply to DoxieMoxie - Message ID#: 63001245

DoxieMoxie wrote:

ben0119 wrote:

But I did reply to it, with text in pale green.  Your original post is still intact.  One of the mods changed the thread title based on a complaint (don't know who for sure); but the threads are not merged.  They both exist with practically the same title.  Confusing.  I just floated this one and not the other.

I know.  I saw that, it was just a bit jarring.

Hmm, I wonder if I was the one that complained?  I honestly can't remember, if I did, and I was the main person saying the thread title needed changing.  Maybe I got frustrated one day and just reported the thread, but I don't remember doing it, if I did. :smileyvery-happy:

I suppose I should have worded that clearer.  I wasn't talking about the other Final Act thread with spoilers for people who had read the manga (this thread's sister, whom I won't read on account there might be a few manga suprises in store for me the day I choose to read said manga). 

I was referring to InuFan's threads that got merged in with this one.  It was extremely random, to say the least, to see the hundreds of new posts from thread mergers.  Not necessarily a bad thing, as I had stated it gave the thread a shot in the arm.  Additionally, my assumption was, that we wanted Final Act threads containing spoilers to be kept to a minimum.  I could be wrong, though, and perhaps no such policy exists, and the threads were merely merged for the heck of it, for lack of a better term.

Oh yeah, I keep this thread floated too, and whatever else I feel is pertinant, or I want to keep track of. 

DoxieMoxie wrote:
And with that, the last of this great discussion chain has ended.  I guess you said all you had to say.  RIP.  *plays taps* :smileyvery-happy: It was a... good discussion.  Thank you, Doxie. T__T

DoxieMoxie wrote:

InuFan05 wrote:

I'm talking about making a tube that matches the "O" shape of my lips.  I can also roll it the other way, too, horizontally.  And I don't have to open my mouth to do it.  :smileytongue:

Yeah, a tube.  That's what I mean.  I can do that... and yeah, now that I think about it, the other stuff.  Roll it up like a sardine lid, and no need to open the mouth for either!  Okay, this is getting weird now...

She did the cherry stem trick in the one of the episodes, for the purpose of impressing a guy.  She takes a cherry stem, puts it in her mouth, and then uses her tongue to tie it into a knot, all without opening her mouth or taking it out until the knot is finished.

I  do believe that is what we call "trick photography"... or special effects, as they say these days, milady! :smileyvery-happy:

Hmm, we've gotten a bit off-topic here, it seems.... Sorry about that.   It's okay...  >_> If you say so. :smileytongue:

The icons came from the ornaments in the banner (or rather from the same official calendar that the ornaments came from).  All I did was replace the background with a plain color and add the holiday headgear.

Touche, but they still aren't originally wearing them.  Still, it was excellent work!  Like I said, it looks like the Christmas accessories just belong on the characters!  Good job!

The font is the same Georgia font that I use for my regular posting.  Humbug said we could personalize our folders, as in make them unique, within reason.  I interpreted that as going no further than changing up the font and color occasionally, within reason.  I.e., no wingdings or webdings and no hard to read colors, and certainly no blinking or scrolling text.

I don't mean any offence with this, but a friend of mine once told me that using the Times New Roman I had going there for a while... was a bit douchily prententious.  That is, you're using a font of a classic, bygone, typewriter-esque era, and also to make yourself look smarter and better than everyone else... on a friggen cartoon message board.  No need to look scholarly, here.  I'm not saying you're doing that with the Georgia... but when I heard that...  I thought yeeeeaaaahhh... I'm just gonna' go back to the Arial.  Just because of how that Times New Roman comes across.  Plus, 12 pt. Arial is easiest to read.

That being said, I don't have an issue with your Georgia, and I think it looks okay for the folder's font.  Still can't see all the Kanji and such though... probably won't be able to unless I get a new computer... So all of ya'll's fancy-pants Katakana and Kanji-slinging is lost on me.

HULK HOGAN vs. LELOUCH vi BRITANNIA // My AIM: BenO0119 // My YIM: bao0119 // My MAL // My DeviantArt // My Steam Account // My Tumblr Page // Me and my Seth Green autographed Titan Maximum S1 DVD! // Sate your hunger for FMA! // RAVE MASTER CONTINUES! THE MANGA DISCUSSION // Rukia Kuchiki Fan Club! (spoiler-free!) // "Traps, is that what you call my simple diversions?" - Naraku // "Are you actually crying, Vash the Stampede? That is wonderful, truly wonderful." - Legato // "Admiration is the furthest thing from understanding." - Sosuke Aizen
MasterKitteh
DoxieMoxie

[ Edited ]

Reply to ben0119 - Message ID#: 63001449

ben0119 wrote:

DoxieMoxie wrote:

ben0119 wrote:

I know.  I saw that, it was just a bit jarring.

Hmm, I wonder if I was the one that complained?  I honestly can't remember, if I did, and I was the main person saying the thread title needed changing.  Maybe I got frustrated one day and just reported the thread, but I don't remember doing it, if I did. :smileyvery-happy:

I suppose I should have worded that clearer.  I wasn't talking about the other Final Act thread with spoilers for people who had read the manga (this thread's sister, whom I won't read on account there might be a few manga suprises in store for me the day I choose to read said manga). 

I was referring to InuFan's threads that got merged in with this one.  It was extremely random, to say the least, to see the hundreds of new posts from thread mergers.  Not necessarily a bad thing, as I had stated it gave the thread a shot in the arm.  Additionally, my assumption was, that we wanted Final Act threads containing spoilers to be kept to a minimum.  I could be wrong, though, and perhaps no such policy exists, and the threads were merely merged for the heck of it, for lack of a better term.

That was the whole idea, keep the FA threads to a minimum.

Oh yeah, I keep this thread floated too, and whatever else I feel is pertinant, or I want to keep track of. 

DoxieMoxie wrote:
And with that, the last of this great discussion chain has ended.  I guess you said all you had to say.  RIP.  *plays taps* :smileyvery-happy: It was a... good discussion.  Thank you, Doxie. T__T

DoxieMoxie wrote:

InuFan05 wrote:

Yeah, a tube.  That's what I mean.  I can do that... and yeah, now that I think about it, the other stuff.  Roll it up like a sardine lid, and no need to open the mouth for either!  Okay, this is getting weird now...

I  do believe that is what we call "trick photography"... or special effects, as they say these days, milady! :smileyvery-happy:

Nope.  She really can do it and suggested the trick to the director.  Also, there are quite a few people who can duplicate the feat in real life.  It's not something Mythbusters can debunk.

Hmm, we've gotten a bit off-topic here, it seems.... Sorry about that.   It's okay...  >_> If you say so. :smileytongue:

Touche, but they still aren't originally wearing them.  Still, it was excellent work!  Like I said, it looks like the Christmas accessories just belong on the characters!  Good job!

Thanks.  

I don't mean any offence with this, but a friend of mine once told me that using the Times New Roman I had going there for a while... was a bit douchily prententious.  That is, you're using a font of a classic, bygone, typewriter-esque era, and also to make yourself look smarter and better than everyone else... on a friggen cartoon message board.  No need to look scholarly, here.  I'm not saying you're doing that with the Georgia... but when I heard that...  I thought yeeeeaaaahhh... I'm just gonna' go back to the Arial.  Just because of how that Times New Roman comes across.  Plus, 12 pt. Arial is easiest to read.

Your friend is wrong.  It all comes down to readability.  When your eyes get older, Arial text is harder to read.  The serif fonts, like Times Roman, have more distinguishing points on the letters.  That makes them easier to recognize.  I can always read faster with a serif font; and most of the better resume consultants have gone back to suggesting serif fonts to their clients, at the behest of poor beleagured hiring managers who have to read hundreds of the things. For example, l and I look the same in Arial.  Convert them to Batang and you can see they really are l and I.

That being said, I don't have an issue with your Georgia, and I think it looks okay for the folder's font.  Still can't see all the Kanji and such though... probably won't be able to unless I get a new computer... So all of ya'll's fancy-pants Katakana and Kanji-slinging is lost on me.

You need to activate the Asian language feature and IME in Windows in order to see them.  It's not hard, but the feature is not installed by default, even though it's one of those extras that come with Windows.

Sorry about your post.  I tend to lose myself when I'm rushed. :smileysad: It's all fixed now.  :smileyhappy:

I'm doxiedachsie!

KittehLegend
ben0119

[ Edited ]

Reply to DoxieMoxie - Message ID#: 63001683

DoxieMoxie wrote:
That was the whole idea, keep the FA threads to a minimum.
Aaahh okay.  Yeah, that makes sense.  No problems here.  It's what I would have done, too.  Good to keep it that way until when/if FA comes to [as].

Nope.  She really can do it and suggested the trick to the director.  Also, there are quite a few people who can duplicate the feat in real life.  It's not something Mythbusters can debunk.

You don't say?  I still find it hard to believe.  I mean... really, tie a knot with your tongue?!  I'll definitely have to check this out, sometime.

I don't mean any offense with this, but a friend of mine once told me that using the Times New Roman I had going there for a while... was a bit douchily pretentious.  That is, you're using a font of a classic, bygone, typewriter-esque era, and also to make yourself look smarter and better than everyone else... on a friggen cartoon message board.  No need to look scholarly, here.  I'm not saying you're doing that with the Georgia... but when I heard that...  I thought yeeeeaaaahhh... I'm just gonna' go back to the Arial.  Just because of how that Times New Roman comes across.  Plus, 12 pt. Arial is easiest to read.

Your friend is wrong.  It all comes down to readability.  When your eyes get older, Arial text is harder to read.  The serif fonts, like Times Roman, have more distinguishing points on the letters.  That makes them easier to recognize.  I can always read faster with a serif font; and most of the better resume consultants have gone back to suggesting serif fonts to their clients, at the behest of poor beleaguered hiring managers who have to read hundreds of the things. For example, l and I look the same in Arial.  Convert them to Batang and you can see they really are l and I.

Well, while I do personally prefer the look of Times New Roman, I never thought of it being easier to read.  I mean, Arial is a lot more streamlined and simple.  I would think that would be easier to read because it doesn't have all that stuff hanging off it, jumbling all together.  I do agree on the I and the L, though.  To each his or her own, I suppose.

You need to activate the Asian language feature and IME in Windows in order to see them.  It's not hard, but the feature is not installed by default, even though it's one of those extras that come with Windows.

I have Windows XP.  I think that, in order for me to mess with that option, I have to have the disc.  Which I don't have.  We got this computer used from my uncle's office.  They were going to throw them out.  After some refurbishing from my buddy at the computer place (went to HS with him, he started that business), it was more or less good to go... such as it is.  The Blue Screen of Death hints this thing's days are numbered lately, however.

Sorry about your post.  I tend to lose myself when I'm rushed. :smileysad: It's all fixed now.  :smileyhappy:

What happened to my post?  Oh, do you mean the most recent one?  Looks like you edited it, but it looks none the worse for wear.  If it got messed up, I didn't see when that happened.  In any case, don't worry about it.  If the post is okay, it's all good.

MasterKitteh
DoxieMoxie

Reply to ben0119 - Message ID#: 63009465

I hit the Edit by accident, instead of the reply.  I went back and fixed it to its original content, though.  I can be a bit of a zombie when I'm tired.

I'm doxiedachsie!

MasterKitteh
DoxieMoxie

Reply to ben0119 - Message ID#: 63009465

ben0119 wrote:

DoxieMoxie wrote:
You don't say?  I still find it hard to believe.  I mean... really, tie a knot with your tongue?!  I'll definitely have to check this out, sometime.
I've done it many times myself.  It isn't as hard as people think, at least not for me.  :smileyhappy:  Of course, there is a little secret to the feat, that I will not reveal.  >.>

Well, while I do personally prefer the look of Times New Roman, I never thought of it being easier to read.  I mean, Arial is a lot more streamlined and simple.  I would think that would be easier to read because it doesn't have all that stuff hanging off it, jumbling all together.  I do agree on the I and the L, though.  To each his or her own, I suppose.

Did you ever stop to think that you prefer the look because it is easier to distinguish the letters?  If you don't have enough information in a letter's shape to tell you immediately what it is, then the font is automatically harder to read.  People who have to do tons of reading a day at a very fast pace have known this for years.  I think that anyone calling a font pretentious really doesn't understand what fonts are all about.  There is a reason the "schoolbook" fonts are all serif fonts.  They are easier to teach because each letter is unique and recognizable.

I have Windows XP.  I think that, in order for me to mess with that option, I have to have the disc.  Which I don't have.  We got this computer used from my uncle's office.  They were going to throw them out.  After some refurbishing from my buddy at the computer place (went to HS with him, he started that business), it was more or less good to go... such as it is.  The Blue Screen of Death hints this thing's days are numbered lately, however.

I activated it on my XP machine without the disc.  You can do it from the Regional and Language Options icon in Control Panel.

I'm doxiedachsie!

KittehLegend
ben0119

Reply to DoxieMoxie - Message ID#: 63010605

Oh okay.  Yeah, I'm a bit of a zombie when I'm tired too, as I'm sure most of us are.  Ah well, no harm, no foul.

DoxieMoxie wrote:

I've done it many times myself.  It isn't as hard as people think, at least not for me.  :smileyhappy:  Of course, there is a little secret to the feat, that I will not reveal.  >.>
There's probably two cherry stems, and you keep the tied one in your cheek or something!  MINDFREAK! :smileytongue: :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy:

Did you ever stop to think that you prefer the look because it is easier to distinguish the letters?  If you don't have enough information in a letter's shape to tell you immediately what it is, then the font is automatically harder to read.  People who have to do tons of reading a day at a very fast pace have known this for years.  I think that anyone calling a font pretentious really doesn't understand what fonts are all about.  There is a reason the "schoolbook" fonts are all serif fonts.  They are easier to teach because each letter is unique and recognizable.

I think it just looks nicer, and more "distinguished". :smileytongue: Maybe it is easier to read for some poeple.  I dunno'.  I think, that with a simpler font, there is less to process, and it is therefor quicker and easier to read.  Maybe I am wrong though, I dunno'.

I activated it on my XP machine without the disc.  You can do it from the Regional and Language Options icon in Control Panel.

Ya' don't say?  Well, I will definitely try that, then.  And see if it works.  Everything else has resulted in failure thus far, but maybe I just wasn't looking in the right place or accessing the right options.

We should probably find something FA-related to discussify... >.>

KittehStar
InuFan05

Reply to ben0119 - Message ID#: 63011271

I have a topic! Since we were on the topic of baby Inume, I can't help but wonder what Mama Higurashi's reaction would be when she sees her little grandbaby! Awww! :heart:

MasterKitteh
DoxieMoxie

Reply to InuFan05 - Message ID#: 63030333

Probably the same as when she first saw her future son-in-law -- kawaii!!  That poor baby will grow up with its ears being constantly massaged, if they should happen to look like papa's.

I'm doxiedachsie!

KittehStar
InuFan05

Reply to DoxieMoxie - Message ID#: 63036227

True that. In addition to that, Inuyasha would be glad that he would no longer be the center of Mama's attentions.

MasterKitteh
DoxieMoxie

Reply to InuFan05 - Message ID#: 63036839

I wonder about that.  Mama Higurashi was always portrayed as someone that Inuyasha really liked.  Probably it was because she reminded him so much of his own mother and how he was treated when she was alive.

I'm doxiedachsie!

KittehStar
InuFan05

Reply to DoxieMoxie - Message ID#: 63036915

Oh no! I meant just the ear-touching. :smileyvery-happy: I honestly think she's the only one he doesn't need to just tolerate during the entire series.

MasterKitteh
DoxieMoxie

Reply to InuFan05 - Message ID#: 63036963

Like Kagome, I think she just had to get that out of her system the first time.  But a fuzzy eared cute little baby would just get tickled and teased for its first year of life.

And Inuyasha never just tolerated Kagome.  He just had to get over that whole resemblance with Kikyo thing.

I'm doxiedachsie!

KittehStar
InuFan05

Reply to DoxieMoxie - Message ID#: 63037021

Ok. True that. :smileyvery-happy:

But baby Inume wouldn't mind the lovin'. :smileyhappy:

KittehHipster
Zarisxune

[ Edited ]

Reply to InuFan05 - Message ID#: 63038735

You're naming their theoretical child again? :robottongue: