Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Basement Troll
JIMTHEGREAT

new eps??

I haven't been on the boards much l8ly so this may have been answered somewhere by now, but i couldn't find it so.....   When are they gonna start running new eps?  i have gone to any web sites to watch it (altho im sure i could find the dubbed eps atleast farther than [as] has gone..) but I would rather watch it on [as] thats how im watching bleach. It's not like i haven't watched #### near every dubbed anime i could get my hands on and could wath them that way but its kinda nice to have something i haven't seen yet every week . So if anyone knows the answer please let me know thanx.

I'M A ADULT SWIM JUNKY GIVE ME MY FIX PLEASE!!!
Hell's Minions
ALchemist81

Re: new eps??

Reply to JIMTHEGREAT - Message ID#: 63777529

Hate to break it to ya, but a "Final Act"-esque continuation of Kekkaishi, or even a finisher movie, has NOT been planned. 52 episodes is all it has. It's rumored that it will be continued when the manga finishes, but it's just a rumor.
HELLSING AND ISCARIOT HAVE SEEMINGLY JOINED FORCES AND ALL HELL HAS BROKEN LOOSE IN LONDON, BUT WILL ALUCARD EVER GET THE HELL OFF THE BOAT? FIND OUT THIS WEEK AT 2 AM, ONLY TOONAMI!!

But first, Attack On Titan shows Eren reluctant to kick his former comrade in arms Annie's ass, when she reveals herself to be the Female Titan at 11:30, then Bleach continues with Ichigo and friends kicking Xcution's ass at 12. The 4-Tailed Fox craves snake soup on Shippuden at 12:30. Once Piece delves deep into Robin's past at 1 before team Dai-Gurren has to fend of fearsome Adiane the Elegant on Gurren Lagann 1:30. Then, the Vampires come out at 2 AM as Hellsing Ultimate brings you another awesome round of undead-on-undead action! After that, get ready for a great late late late night of classics, as Space Dandy returns at 3, Cowboy Bebop is next at 3:30, FMA:B at 4, a never-before-seen-on-Toonami episode of Ghost In The Shell at 4:30, The Big O at 5, and Samurai Jack at 5:30!

And we can finally finish the epic saga! InuYasha: The Final Act comes to Toonami November 15th at 2 AM!
Aunt Norma's Urn
ritster21

Reply to ALchemist81 - Message ID#: 63778691

The manga finished April 6,2011.

It has almost been a year. I really hope we get more Kekkaishi. The manga only stuff is so awesome.

Plus, more Toshimori!!!!!!!

Hell's Minions
ALchemist81

Reply to ritster21 - Message ID#: 63778773

Oh really? Well, considering InuYasha finished in Summer 2008, and we got the sub of Final Act in Fall 2009, maybe they'll announce a new season for this Spring or this Fall. Or maybe just blow it off in 12-13 eps over the summer.

I guess we'll find out. In either case, Kekkaishi would likely hang around for a while, like IY is doing now.
HELLSING AND ISCARIOT HAVE SEEMINGLY JOINED FORCES AND ALL HELL HAS BROKEN LOOSE IN LONDON, BUT WILL ALUCARD EVER GET THE HELL OFF THE BOAT? FIND OUT THIS WEEK AT 2 AM, ONLY TOONAMI!!

But first, Attack On Titan shows Eren reluctant to kick his former comrade in arms Annie's ass, when she reveals herself to be the Female Titan at 11:30, then Bleach continues with Ichigo and friends kicking Xcution's ass at 12. The 4-Tailed Fox craves snake soup on Shippuden at 12:30. Once Piece delves deep into Robin's past at 1 before team Dai-Gurren has to fend of fearsome Adiane the Elegant on Gurren Lagann 1:30. Then, the Vampires come out at 2 AM as Hellsing Ultimate brings you another awesome round of undead-on-undead action! After that, get ready for a great late late late night of classics, as Space Dandy returns at 3, Cowboy Bebop is next at 3:30, FMA:B at 4, a never-before-seen-on-Toonami episode of Ghost In The Shell at 4:30, The Big O at 5, and Samurai Jack at 5:30!

And we can finally finish the epic saga! InuYasha: The Final Act comes to Toonami November 15th at 2 AM!
Aunt Norma's Urn
ritster21

[ Edited ]

Reply to ALchemist81 - Message ID#: 63778977

It won't be 12-13 episodes.

Kekkaishi "Season 1" end at Chapter 121 of the manga. Seeing as how Kekkaishi has 345 chapters, the anime only aired about 35% of Kekkaishi. There are 224 chapters left to anime. Therefore, if a season 2 is made, there should be around 80-100 more episodes.

I'll guess at 91-95 episodes.

For a grand total of 143-147 episodes for Kekkaishi.

Kekkaishi rules!!!!

Hell's Minions
ALchemist81

[ Edited ]

Reply to ritster21 - Message ID#: 63782589

Don't forget InuYasha was only about 65% through (36 of 56 volumes) when the series ended, at 167 episodes, and how many episodes did The Final Act contain? Only 26, thank you very much.

Kekkaishi, on the other hand, is roughly 1/3 adapted into anime. I daresay they could double up the pace and take another 52 episodes to finish the series, but you're right. 26 or 13 won't cut it, unless large parts of the manga really don't have any bearing on the overall story. Then you could get by with a lower number, or even a movie, just to animate some kind of decent canonical conclusion to the story.

Hopefully you're right and they'll be announcing a 52-episode (or more) continuation to begin in April 2012. And hopefully Viz will be able to cheaply (compared to Ocean's rate for IY:TFA) and quickly get it dubbed into new seasons for Adult Swim. We can only hope, because Kekkaishi isn't the best show on [as] but is worthy of a fitting conclusion.

Aunt Norma's Urn
ritster21

Reply to ALchemist81 - Message ID#: 63790037

Didn't they skip alot of stuff with the Final Act? I am not too familiar with InuYasha.

ALL of Kekkaishi is important. There is no filler in the manga. Every little thing that happens in the Manga adds up to the end.

Kekkaishi chapters are animated differently per episode. For example, the Toshimori chapter was only 18 pages but it was stretched out for a whole episode.  And it was even better this way. On the other hand, there have been episodes that span up to 3 chapters. That is mostly the fights.

But yes. Kekkaishi is awesome. The manga further expandes on everything. The final chapters even made me cry. And I never cry reading things.

I'm curious. Why is Final Act not showing on Adult Swim?

Mysterious Ooze
Jeebus201

Reply to ALchemist81 - Message ID#: 63790037

Final Act's first episode truncated about 20% of the remaining manga as quickly as humanly possible, presumably to get to the ending. For a show that was happy to take its sweet time with horrid fillers, it was...jarring to say the least.

Kekkaishi also has no plans for a sequel. Thank goodness, because the world doesn't need more of it.
oh, for those obessed about anime promotion - please stop, youre just wrong. we cant even debate it because ive made a decent living by looking at promo schedules and ratings grids probably for longer than youve been alive. i can assure you that if anime promotion was the answer to anime success then youd see more anime promotion. cos then id be making more mad cash and wouldnt have to write things on the internet about anime. -Adult Swim President Mike Lazzo

http://vod.fxnetworks.com/watch/angermanagement - Full episodes of Anger Management. Because Charlie is winning, unlike Casshern Sins.
Aunt Norma's Urn
ritster21

Reply to Jeebus201 - Message ID#: 63792913

You never know.:smileywink:

Mysterious Ooze
Jeebus201

Reply to ritster21 - Message ID#: 63796149

I think the world is smart enough to not air more of that crap.

oh, for those obessed about anime promotion - please stop, youre just wrong. we cant even debate it because ive made a decent living by looking at promo schedules and ratings grids probably for longer than youve been alive. i can assure you that if anime promotion was the answer to anime success then youd see more anime promotion. cos then id be making more mad cash and wouldnt have to write things on the internet about anime. -Adult Swim President Mike Lazzo

http://vod.fxnetworks.com/watch/angermanagement - Full episodes of Anger Management. Because Charlie is winning, unlike Casshern Sins.
Pumpkin Guts
JZ42

Reply to ritster21 - Message ID#: 63796149

ritster21 wrote:

You never know.:smileywink:

Considering that kekkaishi seems to lack the fanbase IY and FMA had to get continuations/reboots....don't quite see it happening. Unless it did fantastic?

Aunt Norma's Urn
ritster21

Reply to JZ42 - Message ID#: 63815649

Actually, it had amazing ratings in Japan.

So, we just have to hope.:smileyhappy:

Mysterious Ooze
Jeebus201

Reply to ritster21 - Message ID#: 63820919

Got any proof?

And we have to hope NOT. I think Shingeki no Kyojin is far more deserving of an adaptation than this kiddie crap.

Aunt Norma's Urn
ritster21

Reply to Jeebus201 - Message ID#: 63823469

Wikipedia says so.

"Shingeki no Kyojin" . Yeeaaaaaaahhhhh............ Never heard of that.:smileyindifferent:  Does it have any Toshimoris?

Did you even watch the entirety of Kekkaishi? How many episodes did you watch?

Mysterious Ooze
Jeebus201

Reply to ritster21 - Message ID#: 63825333

No it doesn't.

Kyojin however, is currently outselling Bleach. It has less brats and more horror.

Aunt Norma's Urn
ritster21

Reply to Jeebus201 - Message ID#: 63825447

Darn!!!:smileysad:

Candy Thief
zoid9000

[ Edited ]

Reply to Jeebus201 - Message ID#: 63823469

Jeebus201 wrote:
Got any proof?

Just to knock you off your high-horse, sure. 

From the Kekkaishi wiki page: "During its initial broadcast, episodes of the anime series were frequently among the top ten rated anime television shows, sometimes as the only original (non-sequel) show to do so." Emphasis mine. 

Sources cited:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-04-27/japanese-anime-tv
-ranking-april-16-22

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-05-08/japanese-anime-tv
-ranking-april-23-29

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-05-24/japanese-anime-tv
-ranking-april-30-may-20

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-06-08/japanese-anime-tv
-ranking-may-28-june-3

(Note: The last article talks about how, due to Kekkaishi abscene, new titles made the charts, since it was holding a firm spot before.) 

And if you're wondering the manga had good sales numbers as well:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-08-05/top-50-manga-crea
tors-by-sales-since-2010

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-11-30/top-selling-manga
-in-japan-by-series/2011

Suck it. 

Anyway, the only problem with Kekkaishi having a sequel is that Sunrise did the animation production before and they're usually too busy with other productions (Gundam and such). Unless it's in the cards in the near future, I don't imagine it will happen. But I would not discount another studio picking it up eventually. 

Now on twitter! Because I like to pretend people care what I think.
My Anime List | My Figure Collection | My DVD Collection
Crunchyroll profile | Funimation profile
AIM/YIM: zoidzero1 | Trillian: zoid9000
Aunt Norma's Urn
ritster21

Reply to zoid9000 - Message ID#: 63827277

Kekkaishi rules!!!!

Mysterious Ooze
Jeebus201

Reply to ritster21 - Message ID#: 63827949

ritster21 wrote:

Kekkaishi blows!!!!

Also, those were kid ratings. Which the show should have been aired for anyway.

Aunt Norma's Urn
ritster21

Reply to Jeebus201 - Message ID#: 63828937

Ratings are still ratings.

Kekkaishi is awesome.

Wait a minute?! You always complain about Kekkaishi, but did you even watch the whole show?

Mysterious Ooze
Jeebus201

Reply to ritster21 - Message ID#: 63834773

Yeah, for children, which is fine.  If the show was aimed at children here, I wouldn't be complaining.

But as an adult program, it's a piece of ####.

Aunt Norma's Urn
ritster21

Reply to Jeebus201 - Message ID#: 63837683

If it is a show for kids, why would Adult Swim even air it?

Is Adult Swim confused or something?

Mysterious Ooze
Jeebus201

Reply to ritster21 - Message ID#: 63838029

They're idiots.  And that's been 90% of my problem with the show.  I'm telling you, if it aired on DIsneyXD or what have you, I would have no problem with it whatsoever.

Aunt Norma's Urn
ritster21

Reply to Jeebus201 - Message ID#: 63838089

Ironically, I think Kekkaishi is too adult for DisneyXD.

Mysterious Ooze
Jeebus201

[ Edited ]

Reply to ritster21 - Message ID#: 63838749

How?  They aired Shippuden without incident.

Nothing in Kekkaishi says "adult".  Nothing.