Squire
Dark_Lord_Khrima

Re: Odd Future producing pilot for Adult Swim

Reply to iguess_cool - Message ID#: 61659910

This sounds like it's going to be pretty bad. Dick House is great so maybe it won't be, but this just seems like it's going to try and copy Jackass and fail horribly at doing so. And Odd Future are frustratingly unfunny. Also I hate most rap music to boot. I don't want that to be one of the cornerstones of the series.

But I guess we'll see how it turns out! Still going to give it a fair shot, it could end up doing a better job at being Jackass with rap music than it sounds like.

SwimNub
Travixus

Reply to ZorakFan3271 - Message ID#: 59086706

awesome news. I love OF and their youtube videos are pretty **beast** funny.

SwimHELPeR
Majikthise

The more I'm exposed to this group (especially Tyler, The Creator), the less I want to see of them. So this is yet another Adult Swim original that shall go unseen by me.
([]o)   Your friendly neighborhood lycanthrope (and part-time lava man)   ([]o)
Read my interview with Jackson Publick and Doc Hammer: Seeing More Venture Bros. in HD
"I didn't tell them to go die...you can live from jumping off a bridge...that's why I chose a bridge :smileysad:" --KibaWar
"If I made a thread about Suicide, specifically asking what kind of gun would be best to use to kill yourself
with, would I be banned? I'm not interested in killing myself to be honest. Just curious." --TsumeBlue

TAD GHOSTAL SAVES LIVES -- Memoirs of a SwimWerewolf
SwimHELPeR
itsacoaster

Reply to Majikthise - Message ID#: 61667120

I don't like Jackass or rap music, so this show probably won't be for me either.

But I'll probably watch a couple episodes just to make sure.
"And we get stuff like Two and a Half Men and Dane Cook and everybody sleepwalks through their little lives and eventually death's sleep comes." - SwimMod_Luuv
"Seth McFarlene [sic] is ####ing Mike Lazzo." - dudeco
"He's correct on all fronts" - 770312 talking about itsacoaster
AIM: itsacoaster | My Anime List | Index of Lucy clips on AS video
Praise Rang in the highest. Hosanna.
My website that I never update
SwimHELPeR
Majikthise

Reply to itsacoaster - Message ID#: 61668132

I try to keep an open mind about these things, but Tyler's brand of sexist/homophobic jackassery makes it impossible for me to even consider giving him (or the rest of his crew) a chance.
Read my interview with Jackson Publick and Doc Hammer: Seeing More Venture Bros. in HD
"I didn't tell them to go die...you can live from jumping off a bridge...that's why I chose a bridge :smileysad:" --KibaWar
"If I made a thread about Suicide, specifically asking what kind of gun would be best to use to kill yourself
with, would I be banned? I'm not interested in killing myself to be honest. Just curious." --TsumeBlue

SwimHELPeR
itsacoaster

Reply to Majikthise - Message ID#: 61668180

I am not aware of his sexism and homophobia. Do you have further details?
"And we get stuff like Two and a Half Men and Dane Cook and everybody sleepwalks through their little lives and eventually death's sleep comes." - SwimMod_Luuv
SwimHELPeR
Majikthise

Reply to itsacoaster - Message ID#: 61668304

His lyrics are rife with homophobic and misogynistic speech and his attempts to justify it are just plain insulting. And while those attitudes may be par for the course for a lot of rappers, it doesn't endear me to him or want to watch any television program he has a hand in.

SwimHELPeR
itsacoaster

Reply to Majikthise - Message ID#: 61668480

Yeah, that's one of the big reasons I hate rap music.
SwimHELPeR
Explosivo_420

Reply to Majikthise - Message ID#: 61668480

ugh, Tyler the Creator is a part of this?

produced by the Jackass crew?

Oh wow, are we going to see the MTV'ization of Adult Swim?

dang.,
I am EXPLOSIVO the greatest Hepler of them all. I am the guardian of these boards:
Squidbillies | The Eric Andre Show | Loiter Squad | KING STAR KING (NOW ONLINE, RIGHT NOW)
SwimHELPeR
itsacoaster

Reply to Explosivo_420 - Message ID#: 61669962

This is the kind of stuff I was worried about when I saw Nick Cannon and such and such rap artists on the list of Upfront announcements.

But I simply won't watch those shows if they're not what I'm into. As long as there's still Off the Air, Childrens, Eagleheart, NTSF, Black Dynamite, stuff like that, there's plenty for me to watch. No sense in getting too angry about it.
SwimHELPeR
ZorakFan3271

Reply to itsacoaster - Message ID#: 61671056

I have no real idea how to feel about this, given my knowledge of Odd Future is incredibly limited, but suppose I'll give it a shot if it looks good enough. 

I need a break from the internet
Swimpossible
iguess_cool

Reply to ZorakFan3271 - Message ID#: 61672426

sounds like most of you know close to or nothing about odd future, they get a lot of bad press from people who dont understand them (especially Tyler) they're just kids who like to have fun pull pranks and make songs thats all, im a fan of theirs and no one is homophobic, misogynistic, sexist or anything i think its gonna be a funny show and could be successful (i mean people watch tim and eric -__-) but i just say give the show a chance it wont be too much about rap music Tyler is the only rapper in the show lol /paragraph
the best ever
SwimHELPeR
Majikthise

[ Edited ]

Reply to iguess_cool - Message ID#: 61677800

Odd Future gets bad press because their lyrics are patently offensive to a lot of people. I could quote some of them, but we're not allowed to post that sort of thing on the boards for good reason. Yes, I understand they're "just kids" and what they do is all in "good fun," but you can't say provocative things and expect people not to be provoked. That's called being disingenuous.

Swimpossible
iguess_cool

Reply to Majikthise - Message ID#: 61679434

i can see that, most of it is people they dont appeal to they pretty much roll with the freedom of speech thing and say whatever they want which i think is an attitude more people should have and people shouldn't be so quick to be offended by things they dont have to hear, but as i stated before they aren't for everyone and i can see you're someone who will not become a fan of theirs but i will say Tyler is a really talented kid who worked really hard to get where he is so all i can do is support and respect him whether i like his group or nit....i just happned to be a fan too lol
the best ever
SwimNerd
GolfWang

Reply to iguess_cool - Message ID#: 61682876

ahaha Majikthise is really butthurt, sorry moralbro but you obviously haven't listen to their albums fully if you think their using homophobic insults in that perspective or their actual opinion on multiple subjects

I snort blunts and drink reindeer blood. Looking for the almost extinct creature known as: Jason Biggs. I'm Bat mane. All signatures are cheesy as sh1ttttt though
SwimHELPeR
Majikthise

Reply to GolfWang - Message ID#: 61755766

GolfWang wrote:

ahaha Majikthise is really butthurt

Poor choice of words, GolfWang.

SwimNub
OFWGKTA98

Its going to be called Loiter Squad.

Does anyone know where I can watch or listen to that funny song showing the intro song for loiter squad.

They lyrics go "I LIKE CHEESE, I LIKE CHEESE, I LIKE CHEESE, I LIKE CHEESE"

It was a bump recently. It made me laugh my ass off and i want to listen to it or watch the bump. Can someone record it or something? Thanks.

SwimSuperfan
deceased

Reply to GodspreadThin - Message ID#: 59093676

maybe

SwimGuru
40_feet_below

I can't imagine that this will be very good. OF's music is already so desperate that I doubt their aesthetics will translate well into full-blown comedy. "LOOK AT HOW EDGY I AM" only works up to a point. 

"This world ain't nothing but bad news and the pills that go with it, and here you've got a girl who's thinkin' about your Christmas presents in March."

-Ray, Achewood
SwimNub
michaelmiller248

SwimSuperfan
DeathByColeslaw

It only took half a year for this thread to dissolve into chaos. This does not bode well for Loiter Squad.

POS VIBES EMANATOR

SwimSuperfan
HolyLoliSoul

Reply to Majikthise - Message ID#: 61667120

I'm worried about black people exposing themselves to you.
WE ARE GRANDMA. WALL ST = REIGNDEAR
SwimHipster
SODMGBASEDBOYZ

I like Odd Future's music sometimes and they seem like funny (albeit juvenile) guys but I doubt this will be too great. I'm interested but it'll probably just be like a black version of T&EAS,GJ!  with some mediocre pranks mixed in.

That said, them trolling tennis fans is pretty funny and gives me a slight bit of hope for the project:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports-sentinel-sports-now/2011/
11/04/serena-and-venus-williams-hoa...

Although they do seem like the perfect fit for [as]. their music totally sounds like the sonic equivalent of an [as] show.

Squire
Dark_Lord_Khrima

[ Edited ]

Reply to SODMGBASEDBOYZ - Message ID#: 62409794

Entertainers Tyler the Creator aka “Venus” and Lionel Boyce aka “Mars” were filming a skit for their upcoming sketch comedy show “Loiter Squad.” The show is expected sometime early next year on Comedy Central."

I really hope the Comedy Central part isn't a typo and Comedy Central picked this up instead, but I'm sure it is a typo.

Also, that prank seems kind of like a **beast** move. I mean, I totally understand how some would fine it funny, but still, I never really liked all those shows that do pranks at the expense of others. This one doesn't even really seem to be in good fun. Saying that famous tennis stars are coming and then having it be far more famous people cross-dressing not only seems like a bad premise for a prank ("Oh no, I don't get to see some tennis players no one cares about, instead I get to see world famous rappers, what a gyp!"), but also like the whole humor of it comes from, "Ha, these people just wasted their day and got their hopes up for nothing because I was an ass!" And as if a bunch of people wasting over three hours in anticipation for nothing wasn't enough of a middle finger, apparently they insulted the dissapointed fans? Yeah, they don't seem like decent people to me, I'm sorry.

SwimHELPeR
ZorakFan3271

Reply to Dark_Lord_Khrima - Message ID#: 62416660

Dark_Lord_Khrima wrote:

Entertainers Tyler the Creator aka “Venus” and Lionel Boyce aka “Mars” were filming a skit for their upcoming sketch comedy show “Loiter Squad.” The show is expected sometime early next year on Comedy Central."

I really hope the Comedy Central part isn't a typo and Comedy Central picked this up instead, but I'm sure it is a typo.

Also, that prank seems kind of like a **beast** move. I mean, I totally understand how some would fine it funny, but still, I never really liked all those shows that do pranks at the expense of others. This one doesn't even really seem to be in good fun. Saying that famous tennis stars are coming and then having it be far more famous people cross-dressing not only seems like a bad premise for a prank ("Oh no, I don't get to see some tennis players no one cares about, instead I get to see world famous rappers, what a gyp!"), but also like the whole humor of it comes from, "Ha, these people just wasted their day and got their hopes up for nothing because I was an ass!" And as if a bunch of people wasting over three hours in anticipation for nothing wasn't enough of a middle finger, apparently they insulted the dissapointed fans? Yeah, they don't seem like decent people to me, I'm sorry.

Nope, just another case of reporters somehow messing up the fact Adult Swim is on Cartoon Network, and not Comedy Central. 

And, if this guy is to be believed, one of the guys who dressed up as one of the Williams sisters for the skit - there was no intention to trick people into thinking the Williams sisters would actually be there and it was intended to be a "closed set"

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2011/11/thoughts_from_a_
random_black_g_9.php

I need a break from the internet