Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SwimPunk
Moralton_Resident

Re: A Final Q&A Possible?

Reply to BumbleBeeMancer - Message ID#: 47799438

Did Clay once want the job as mayor, but eventually get bored and angry at the routine?  I can understand Clay running for re-election, he seems to cling to a status quo and social norm as a way to pretent he has his life together.  But of all the jobs in the world, how would he have ended up running for mayor in the first place?

Did Doughy end up alright, in the end?  We didn't get much about him after "Trigger".

Did Christina's parents ever reconcile with the idea of their child marrying Orel?  I'm guessing Bloberta and Clay just stopped caring at some point...

And I'm not sure I understand "Help", or perhaps I don't like it.  I get that Bloberta was fixated on the idea of being married more than actually loving or even liking Clay.  But why exactly did Clay go through with it?  Was it a dependency thing?  A desire for a "mother-like" figure?

I am drowning,
There is no sign of land,
You are coming down with me,
Hand in unlovable hand.
SwimPunk
Moqtada

Reply to Moralton_Resident - Message ID#: 47800518

I like clays campaigne promo.

"Vote Puppington, I need the money"

I hope it stays dark forever
I hope the worst isn't over
And I hope you blink before I do
Yeah I hope I never get sober
SwimInsider

Reply to Bucket_of_Truth - Message ID#: 47797539

Bucket_of_Truth wrote:

Thanks for the reply.  I am a fan of "Rocking Around the Thirty Block" so when I belatedly made the connection some time ago that that bald man and this bald man were the same, I did smile.

Did you get in big trouble for the infamous ComicCon panel?  Have you and the Venture Brothers team since made up?

No. Everyone loved it. All I wanted to do was to put on a show by being honest. But I did heighten my anger so the people in the back row could see it. I like the Venture Bros. guys. My question to them was real, but drunken. They did a very interesting commentary on the Moral Orel DVD. I've since seen their show and like it. I still think show would be even better of they didn't work so hard on their appearance. Especially that little girlie one that I had a crush on.

Lazzo loved the ComicCon so much that he wanted me to repeat it elsewhere. I can't say how, where or why, but it's true.

SwimInsider

Reply to RejectedRemorse - Message ID#: 47798549

RejectedRemorse wrote:
Hey Dino do you only work in the TV medium or do you plan on writing a book or movie? Also what happened to Mrs. Principal Fakey,did she stay in Moralton after "Repression"?

Not sure. What do you think?

SwimInsider

Reply to BumbleBeeMancer - Message ID#: 47799438

BumbleBeeMancer wrote:

Is it me, or is it fact that in the final episode, everyone was getting what they wanted, except for Clay. Another, kind of contradictory question, was the fact that Stopframe saw Clay in everybody meaning that he saw everyone's flaws and that everyone had such big problems, but Orel was purer/had more of a handle and a grip on what's wrong with his life, and deals with it in a positive way, i.e. the way he grows up and makes himself a good life?

Also, about Grounded and ...I wish the 2nd season was out on DVD so I could remember the episode name, but the one where Orel enters the prayer contest, and he speaks to what he imagines is Buddha, aren't those two conflicting, because I guess I'd have to seem a timeline, but Orel learns similar things in both episodes, about the necessity of personal spirituality over communal blind, untrue worship, and that he is, in and of himself able to worship and prayer, and church isn't important, other than an outdated spiritual figurehead.

If you catch what I'm sayin'.

Not everyone got what they wanted. Doughy sure didn't. But for the most part yeah. It was an uplifting episode for most characters except Clay.

Yes, I pretty much agree with your theory about Stopframe seeing Clay in people.

Praying (Buddha episode) wasn't about  giving up church. It was about using other religions, or at least being open to them. Orel used Buddhism as a supplement to Christianity. But Orel still loved his church, boy. Those two ideas are very separate to me.

SwimInsider

[ Edited ]

Reply to Moralton_Resident - Message ID#: 47800518

Moralton_Resident wrote:

Did Clay once want the job as mayor, but eventually get bored and angry at the routine? I can understand Clay running for re-election, he seems to cling to a status quo and social norm as a way to pretent he has his life together. But of all the jobs in the world, how would he have ended up running for mayor in the first place?

Did Doughy end up alright, in the end? We didn't get much about him after "Trigger".

Did Christina's parents ever reconcile with the idea of their child marrying Orel? I'm guessing Bloberta and Clay just stopped caring at some point...

And I'm not sure I understand "Help", or perhaps I don't like it. I get that Bloberta was fixated on the idea of being married more than actually loving or even liking Clay. But why exactly did Clay go through with it? Was it a dependency thing? A desire for a "mother-like" figure?

Because of his insecurities, Clay has developed an outward quality that is very dominant. I can see him being Mayor. But that "joke" was something I planned from the beginning of Moral Orel, before the characters were so deeply set in my mind.

I didn't have time to have Doughy end up all right. He's on his own with that one.

I think Christina, like Orel, probably found away to do what's really right despite her parents, yet in a respectful enough way. Not sure what that was.

I think you understand "Help." You probably just don't like it.

Message Edited by dinosta on 01-06-2009 09:32 AM
SwimStar
songokuh14no12

Reply to dinosta - Message ID#: 47797423

Dino I just want to thank you for Moral Orel, I'm a huge fan.  And I'm showing the show to all my friends and family.  I think your right about them airing the Christmas episode out of order.  I remember watching when it premiered and I thought wow that is sheer hilarity and very dark.  I still think its dark but I mistakenly thought at the time it was just dark for the sake of being dark.  Now when I watch it I realize it was all a build up to the best christmas ever episode, and the viewer getting the first glimpses behing the mask of Moralton.  I also have to say once again

I LOVE THIS SHOW! I love the rollercoaster of laughter and sadness throughout season 2 and I really became obsessed with these characters in season three.  Don't get me wrong Season one was great but I just really love the aspect of the ongoing story of Moralton.

Also the ideas you had for the remaining episodes looked great, I was happy to see their was resolution for Putty and Florence, its funny to think that once Putty got what he always thought he wanted in all the ladies, he was more miserable then ever.   Strange to think of Bloberta being happy but welcome as well, good for the Officer to.  Sounds funny to being say hooray for adultery, but Clay and bloberta aren't the typical couple.

Anyway sorry about the rambling I had some questions to ask

1. If Orel's grampa moves in with him, would he become the first adult to give Orel more cynical but still truthful advice about the world as a positve influence, or would he be too beat down by life to be a positive influence in Orel's life

2. Will Bendy and Fakey continue their affair, or is Nurse Bendy done with  that, now that Joe moved in?

3 Would Censordoll still have been wanting to control the town if Eggs were never made illegal in the first place, or was she always planning on taking over?

4. Would we have seen more of Stephanie in the future episodes?

5.  Does adult Orel still live in Moralton? at first I thought he might have moved away but then I wondered if he would stay and try to help the town.

waiting for a worthy Sonic Adventure 3, Moral Orel is the modern day Huck Finn
"at No Way Out, you won't be facing Eddie Guerrero you'll be facing me, LATINO HEAT!"-Eddie Guerrero
SwimPunk
RejectedRemorse

Reply to dinosta - Message ID#: 47802085

From what I've seen your writing is great and would buy a book if you decide to write it. Also some Moral Orel questions,

What would Clay's focus be on after "Honor"  now that he lost his remaining "loved" ones? Would he try to establish a relationship with Shapey and Block? Maybe run for Governor of Statesota?

How were the zombies from "The Lord's Greatest Gift" resolved? At the end it seemed like they were being integrated in Moralton Society.

†‡†
SwimStar
RobotOrel213

Reply to dinosta - Message ID#: 47790989

Was Ms. Censordoll's mob in the first season and part of the second a satire of the Westboro Baptist Church?

I got that feeling when I saw a protestor with a sign that said "God Hates Fats"

SwimPunk
Technomaru

Reply to DrSesame - Message ID#: 47747798

Wow, you are such a good sport with questions...

2 more questions about stuff that wasn't revealed.

1. Whatever happened to Orel's "children" in "God's Chef" ?

and

2. Why does Mr. Armature have one eyebrow? Plus I notice no one in "Innocence" blamed him for making "I hate you Funfetti" popular, instead they blame Orel.

SwimNub
nachoboy1

[ Edited ]

dino - i have a couple things to say.

one: thank you so much for this show. i just started watching during the 44 Nights of Orel, and i'm definitely glad that i started watching, even though i may be a little late. i have absolutely fallen in love with Moral Orel, and i even bought the DVD from amazon just yesterday.

two: thank you so much for being so cool as to visit these forums and answer questions. that's definitely amazing of you.

three: this one's actually a question. would you be able to give us tabs for closeface? it's one of my three most favourit songs of 2008, and i'd love to learn how to play it.

thanks for everything!

Message Edited by nachoboy1 on 01-07-2009 04:10 AM
Swimuminati
God-Says-No

Reply to dinosta - Message ID#: 47750730

i have questions :smileyhappy: sorry if these questions have been asked before

do you like to watch moral orel?

and if you could change anything done in the episodes would you do it?

SwimStar
RobotOrel213

Reply to Technomaru - Message ID#: 47812896

Technomaru wrote:

2. Why does Mr. Armature have one eyebrow? Plus I notice no one in "Innocence" blamed him for making "I hate you Funfetti" popular, instead they blame Orel.

On the DVD commentary, Dino said that the pictures of the puppets in the Crucifolk were shot outside, and the puppet's eyebrow melted off.

SwimHipster

Reply to God-Says-No - Message ID#: 47824035

God-Says-No wrote:

and if you could change anything done in the episodes would you do it?

He already answered this...

Dethklok Henchwench #173
Ultraprison Inmate #00001

;_; 40 on the curb for Moral Orel ;_;
I ENJOY TIM AND ERIC AWESOME SHOW GREAT JOB.

SwimPunk
Technomaru

Reply to RobotOrel213 - Message ID#: 47825951

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That is a funny story!
SwimInsider

Reply to Technomaru - Message ID#: 47829975

“If Orel's grampa moves in with him, would he become the first adult to give Orel more cynical but still truthful advice about the world as a positve influence, or would he be too beat down by life to be a positive influence in Orel's life.”

The former. I think most elderly individuals are able to say fukk it easier. Orel’s Grampa would have been a smartas.s sage.

“Will Bendy and Fakey continue their affair, or is Nurse Bendy done with  that, now that Joe moved in?”

The latter. Like with Block and Shapey, I think these two would help each other grow.

“Would Censordoll still have been wanting to control the town if Eggs were never made illegal in the first place, or was she always planning on taking over?”

I think she likes control, which is why she pickets so much. Something very important is missing in her life, and she over-compensates by banning things. That said: the egg thing certainly enflamed an already festering boil.

“Would we have seen more of Stephanie in the future episodes?”

Sure. I love Stephanie. But, then again, I love them all in their own way. We would have seen more of everyone.

“Does adult Orel still live in Moralton? at first I thought he might have moved away but then I wondered if he would stay and try to help the town.”

Orel’s not one to run away. I see him staying in Moralton and trying to make it a better place.

“What would Clay's focus be on after "Honor"  now that he lost his remaining "loved" ones? Would he try to establish a relationship with Shapey and Block? Maybe run for Governor of Statesota?”

I think he’s been beaten down a bit. Maybe he’d hang low for awhile. Not sure, though.

“How were the zombies from "The Lord's Greatest Gift" resolved? At the end it seemed like they were being integrated in Moralton Society.”

That was back when I was just trying to feel out what the show was. Didn’t think much about continuity. I probably wouldn’t have written that episode had I known where it all was going.

“Was Ms. Censordoll's mob in the first season and part of the second a satire of the Westboro Baptist Church? I got that feeling when I saw a protestor with a sign that said "God Hates Fats"”

That was Adsit’s joke, but I’m sure it was based on “God Hates Fa.gs!”
Besides that, the protestors were pretty generic to me.

“Whatever happened to Orel's "children" in "God's Chef" ?”

Again, written before continuity was an issue. Also, this show takes place during a very short period of time. I suppose most of them are toddlers by the end of HONOR.

“would you be able to give us tabs for closeface? it's one of my three most favourit songs of 2008, and i'd love to learn how to play it.”

Thanks. I’ll try to write the tabs out at some point.

“do you like to watch moral orel?”

Yes, it’s my favorite show ever.
SwimPunk
Moqtada

Thanks for touching my life Dino.

I love Moral Orel, and will most likely enjoy your other work.

Two questions:

1.  Will Adsit be working on FransTime with you?

2.  Do you still pray. (I am assuming you did at one point being raised Catholic)

sorry for being such an Funfetti earlier.

I hope it stays dark forever
I hope the worst isn't over
And I hope you blink before I do
Yeah I hope I never get sober
SwimNerd
fredsolo

Has [as] picked up of a full season of FrankensTime or do you need to make a pilot to see how the audience reacts?

How exactly did you end up writing for the show Lucky Louie? I saw an episode the other day and it said that you wrote it. Sorry this isn't Moral Orel related but I really love that show.

I hate how signatures look like part of the post.
Bank Ska-ber
mogar

Reply to Moqtada - Message ID#: 47836626

dino, i know this has been said afore, but thank you for making this show. it is excellent and one of the best shows ever made.

my question is, are clay's lost commandments a way of coping with his mom's death? or does he just do it because his mom did?

also, forgive me if already mentioned, other your experiences with religion, did you incorporate any personal aspects of the people you know (or knew) into any of the characters, or are they just characters you came up with?

the one true mogar, imitators be warned
Dethklok Roadie #397 || S.H.O.T.T.S #89
|| The Best Radio Channel Period. ||
SwimNub

I got a few questions for you, Dino:

1. According to wikipedia, it says you wrote a spec script for the Simpsons. What was it about?

2. Why was "Maturity"'s airing delayed, while "Charity" was aired normally? I mean, if you had to ban/delay/censor an episode, wouldn't it be the crack one rather than the maturity juice one?

3. If you were a Moral Orel fan with the chance to ask Dino Stamatopoulos a meaningful question, what would you ask?

SwimSuperfan
HorseSteroids

Hey Dino, do you have any questions you'd like to ask us?

Except for Adsit.  God took his hair.

I am defined by what I enjoy instead of what I enjoy doing.
SwimInsider

Reply to HorseSteroids - Message ID#: 47850788

“Will Adsit be working on FransTime with you?”

Yes, he will be a gig part of the writing and producing and performing.

“Do you still pray. (I am assuming you did at one point being raised Catholic)”

Greek Orthodox. And yes, sometimes I catch myself praying when I’m scared.

“Has [as] picked up of a full season of FrankensTime or do you need to make a pilot to see how the audience reacts?”

We’re writing ten scripts and then they will decide how many they’ll  want to produce. I did that with Orel and they gave me all ten.

“How exactly did you end up writing for the show Lucky Louie? I saw an episode the other day and it said that you wrote it. Sorry this isn't Moral Orel related but I really love that show.”

Louie and I wrote on Conan together. We shared an office. We’ve written together on a few shows after that. We’re still good friends.

“my question is, are clay's lost commandments a way of coping with his mom's death? or does he just do it because his mom did?”

Well, first they started as a joke about laziness in parenting and forcing your own ideas on religion. But then when I wrote Passing, I gave the genesis of the idea. Now, it’s become all three reasons.

“also, forgive me if already mentioned, other your experiences with religion, did you incorporate any personal aspects of the people you know (or knew) into any of the characters, or are they just characters you came up with?”

Yeah, I always try to use personal experience in whatever I write. The one that comes to mind right now is that my daughter Tigger, who was three years old at the time, said to me, out of the blue:
“Daddy, when I’m thirsty, I feel how I feel when I’m alone.”
That was her line. It blew me away, mostly because we never left her alone. But there was something about it which rang true. I knew what she meant. An emptiness. A longing. So I ended up giving Shapey that line because it fit perfectly. Shapey’s aloneness mixed with his desire to be breast fed. It was perfect. And Tigger, now nine years old, read her own line just the way I remembered her saying it: with a touch of sadness.

“According to wikipedia, it says you wrote a spec script for the Simpsons. What was it about?”

I wrote it 1990 and it was about Marge wanting another baby and Homer being sterile because of his job at the power plant. At first, he was resistant to having another kid, but then when he finds out he can’t, he over-compensates his dad-ness by building crazy extensions on the Treehouse. Finally, Lisa sees that he’s freaking out and tells him that he’s a great dad and doesn’t have to constantly prove it to himself or them.
I did submit it to the show, but it was during the time that David Merkin was running the show and he sacrificed sweet storylines for jokes. They never did it, and I think the sterile part has been since used on the show, early on, but I think it was just coincidence.

“Why was "Maturity"'s airing delayed, while "Charity" was aired normally? I mean, if you had to ban/delay/censor an episode, wouldn't it be the crack one rather than the maturity juice one?”

Yeah, I thought the same thing. I think it was because the crack one was so silly and Maturity was much darker. At one point, Sal hits his wife, which I think was the problem. We ended up cutting that part, which I’m glad we did.

“If you were a Moral Orel fan with the chance to ask Dino Stamatopoulos a meaningful question, what would you ask?”

You guys are doing fine.

“Hey Dino, do you have any questions you'd like to ask us?”

I’d like to ask everyone how old they are, but I don’t think I’m allowed. Not that it matters. Just curious. if I think of something else, believe me, I’ll ask it.
SwimPunk
RejectedRemorse

Reply to dinosta - Message ID#: 47851889

A couple of Frankenstime questions

Will the show have the same creative/production team behind it as Moral Orel? Any new faces contributing?

Will the directing be of the same caliber as season 3 of M.O. or season 1?

Do you have a window for when the pilot will be finished and ready to air?

Will Scott Adsit still work on "Fraggle Rock" while he works on Frankenstime?

Back to Moral Orel

Did you always plan on improved directing for season 3 or did you get good directors to go out with a bang when you found out you were cancelled?

What's the writing process for a show like this? Do you plan out the story arches or do you write a season and then elaborate on what's been established?

How would Orel's approach on life be like during season 4 and 5? Would he still believe everything the church and Reverend Putty told him?

†‡†
SwimPunk

[ Edited ]

Hey Dino. Thanks for doing this.

Which of the last 7 episodes actually had complete scripts written, and will you eventually post them? (Also I missed Raped.)

Did John Darnielle ever say anything about Moral Orel after you had used a few of his songs?

Any word on a volume 2 DVD? Or does [as] want us to suffer?

Will the first season of FrankensTime follow a formula like Orel's, or will you start off with more in depth stories with continuity in mind?

Also, do you know the chords to the "I hate you Jeezusi" song?

Message Edited by weirdojace on 01-09-2009 03:23 PM
SwimStar
RobotOrel213

Reply to weirdojace - Message ID#: 47854553

weirdojace wrote:

Hey Dino. Thanks for doing this.

Did John Darnielle ever say anything about Moral Orel after you had used a few of his songs?

Message Edited by weirdojace on 01-09-2009 03:23 PM