Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Pumpkin Guts
gostreakinnow

Off the air.

I think this show has made me reject adult swim.  I am done, i wash my hands of adult swim.  from now on i will pirate venture brothers, LDOTD, metalocalypse, and the few other shows remaining worth watching.  I kind of hope as goes off the air now.

Marrige is a great institution-for those who like institutions.
Hell's Minions
Majikthise

Re: Off the air.

Reply to gostreakinnow - Message ID#: 58215684

What is this "Off the Air" of which you speak?
([]o)   Your friendly neighborhood lycanthrope (and part-time lava man)   ([]o)
Read my interview with Jackson Publick and Doc Hammer: Seeing More Venture Bros. in HD
"I didn't tell them to go die...you can live from jumping off a bridge...that's why I chose a bridge :smileysad:" --KibaWar
"If I made a thread about Suicide, specifically asking what kind of gun would be best to use to kill yourself
with, would I be banned? I'm not interested in killing myself to be honest. Just curious." --TsumeBlue

TAD GHOSTAL SAVES LIVES -- Memoirs of a SwimWerewolf
Squire
Dark_Lord_Khrima

Oh... you mean this thread isn't about Off The Air, but rather adult swim going off the air?

That's disappointing.
Hell's Minions
ZorakFan3271

Really? Because of one, what was it, half hour?, thing.

Okay, then. 

I need a break from the internet
Hell's Minions
Majikthise

Reply to ZorakFan3271 - Message ID#: 58261306

Extremists gonna be extreme.
Read my interview with Jackson Publick and Doc Hammer: Seeing More Venture Bros. in HD
"I didn't tell them to go die...you can live from jumping off a bridge...that's why I chose a bridge :smileysad:" --KibaWar
"If I made a thread about Suicide, specifically asking what kind of gun would be best to use to kill yourself
with, would I be banned? I'm not interested in killing myself to be honest. Just curious." --TsumeBlue

Clan of the Crypt
scrapyard

Reply to Majikthise - Message ID#: 58215712

it was that music video show thing couple weeks ago

that was on at 4am & again at 415am

it was listed on my cable guide as 'off the air'

&&&&
it was pretty wicked bitchen

Face in the Mirror
OctopusBacon

gostreakinnow must rather purchase the Jersey Shore Box set Im sure.   Go Pirate yourself all you want but that show, in my opinion, was a landmark in animation and a proud moment in television programming.   I thought it was metaphorically comparing animals, like us, and nature, to technology and how  it and we change as it evolves.   Just like the evolution to have a few stragglers not understanding.   gostreakinnow can wash his or her hands all they want.   You're just the typical Venture bros. only fan, who usually hates anything philosophical, abstract or nonlinear; Tim and Eric and Xavier and Off the air.   That's so sad, because you are the kind of person who **pickle** when a new show comes out, you should like everything Adult Swim makes, some maybe not as much as others, but in all Television programming, I think you will be hard pressed to find anyting more creative and entertaining.   Unless you like the commercial BS that floods our channels everyday.   This channel has changed TV history forever, and has given the opportunity to anyone who has a good idea and the determination to create something new.   So I look forward to pirating the fuuuuuudge out of  your show when it's on....    oh wait....    you won't.   you'll be too busy watching the 2 and a half men marathon and wiping the corporate commercial **pickle** stains from the edges of your cold dry lips..

facebook.com/mightymadmaxx
Face in the Mirror

Reply to OctopusBacon - Message ID#: 58290954

I agree whole-heartedly, at first I was ready for another alternative comedy show, which I was all for. But mere moments into the show it was blatantly obvious that my assumption couldn't be farther from the truth. Adult Swim instead opted for something incredibly artistic (although the Meow Mix made me smile and Ostrich segment left me screaming with laughter). I was literally left speechless by the last video which I believe is on par with "The Wall" in terms of the quality of the animation as well as it's effectiveness in conveying it's message.

In my research to learn more about the show I got very disappointed when I saw the sheer number of people that either didn't understand (therefor berated) it and/or wrote it off as hippie trash for the substance user. It is unfortunate how many people lack any understanding of the arts. Oh well, this show wasn't meant for them anyway. In any case, I can't wait for the next episode... if there is one, of course.

Face in the Mirror
OctopusBacon

Reply to Oilislaw - Message ID#: 58304686

exactly, well put. It's lame that those who don't understand, seem to spout hate and belligerence without reasonable reason. I just hope Adult Swim will pick up or at least re-air "Off the Air". They have the fans, I still have a humanistic hope for the Adult Swim Fans.

I have noticed the one full version of the show, which someone uploaded to youtube, has only so far has received 1 dislike. not that there is thousands of hits yet, but non the less... you're right, it's not made for everyone. It's like, a fetish show for dreamers and thinkers. Either way, I'm glad it happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8TdHn1vlCY
facebook.com/mightymadmaxx
Haunted Hay Ride
susieq_z813

Reply to OctopusBacon - Message ID#: 58305304

I just finished watching "Food" and "Animals" ...   My first experience with "Off the Air".  I had to look up as much as I could about this show... because, just like with Xavier and Tim and Eric, it's one of those shows that when the end credits are rolling, I find myself sitting there, with my mouth wide open, like "what just happened??" 

I love this show (in fact, I just set my DVR to record it when it's on again Friday night!)   I can see why some people wouldn't like it.  Just like how a lot of people hate T&EASGJ, but for anyone that likes it, they love it with a passion, and try to recruit new people to watch it, and stick up for it til their death (I am one of those people!)  

I see the first post made about this show was in 2004, so I guess I'm S.O.L. when it comes to seeing any new episodes.  But, oh well...  it was fun while it lasted. 

Thank you, A.S.   You're my one true love.  <3

Hell's Minions
Majikthise

Reply to susieq_z813 - Message ID#: 60123452

Actually, the first post was made in January of this year. But yeah, David Cross has said they won't be doing any more.

Hell's Minions
holkimcardie1

Yeah, the person who made the first post first signed on here in 2004.  But this thread started this past January.

~ Dethklok Roadie #149 (female) ~ Red Tie Coven # 1 ~ Toki's Candygirl #2 ~ S.H.O.T.T.S. #51 ~ Dethklok Minute Reporter ~
katt_goddess wrote:~~I have not yet begun to weird.~~I still have puff paint left.
Pumpkin Guts
RogueJedi86

That show was confusing. It was like an acid trip, something made by Tim & Eric, but T&E didn't make it. Who made it? A friend of mine actually recognized some of the music in it, someone named Blockhead. It was.......weird. I wouldn't call it hippie stuff, I'd just call it an acid trip in television format.
Stoner: In other words, that which we call memory in no way exists all on its own, which means it is inexorably connected to the environment surrounding it. Do you know who it was who said that, Matthieu?
Matthieu: I have no clue.
Stoner: Man, you are really uneducated. I said it.
Candy Thief
AS_anime_watcher

Reply to RogueJedi86 - Message ID#: 60127102

Okay so I just watched the Animals one. 1.) I didn't realize alot of those bumps that they've been showing in the last couple months were from here. 2.) I liked the music that was with that animation. 3.) That eagle with the, I'm not sure what it was, in the beginning = :smileysurprised:. Overall that was a trip though I didn't really get it. :smileyvery-happy: Would like to see another.

I'M ON TWITTER: @CRAZYMEGANECHAN // 3DS FC: 3883-6257-2876 // Blog: crazymeganechan.wordpress.com // I also write Adult Swim related stuff on adultswimcentral.com

HELPER FOLDER HAPPENINGS:
- SUBMIT ICONS FOR BOB'S BURGERS IN THE BOB'S BURGERS FOLDER!
Zombie Slayer
GolfWang

Reply to AS_anime_watcher - Message ID#: 60127338

Best. Show. Ever.

I snort blunts and drink reindeer blood. Looking for the almost extinct creature known as: Jason Biggs. I'm Bat mane. All signatures are cheesy as sh1ttttt though
Face in the Mirror
Rasta_Ooms

[ Edited ]

Reply to OctopusBacon - Message ID#: 58305304

I think both you and Oilislaw hit the nail on the head. The first time I experienced Animals, I felt a wave of inspiration, specifically from the music videos (and I loved the entire segment as a whole). A shame people would really use any vitriol at all for such a small, experimental segment. On a whole, I think it brought more joy than disappointment. I hope they have plans for more work like this in the future, even if its for a rare occasion.

Face in the Mirror
Rasta_Ooms

Reply to Majikthise - Message ID#: 60124538

David Cross was involved??? Wow... not extremely shocked, but pleasantly surprised! lol... real shame there won't be any new programming like this anymore.
Face in the Mirror
Rasta_Ooms

I can't believe I missed that on the schedule earlier.. thanks for pointing it out, I would of never double checked it!! Now I just wish I had my DVR working again lol...
Face in the Mirror
eddieVroom

Reply to GolfWang - Message ID#: 60129676

Off the Air was FARKIN' GREAT!

Reminded me of some of that old "Bob" subgenius stuff. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pvsf3a0iS0
Face in the Mirror
eddieVroom

Reply to Rasta_Ooms - Message ID#: 60133184

Well, our dog sure stood up and took notice when the cats thing was on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pvsf3a0iS0
Hell's Minions
Majikthise

Reply to Rasta_Ooms - Message ID#: 60133266

Rasta_Ooms wrote:
David Cross was involved??? Wow... not extremely shocked, but pleasantly surprised! lol... real shame there won't be any new programming like this anymore.
Actually, upon further investigation I may have gotten the show Off the Air mixed up with Paid Programming, which was the one Cross worked on. Sorry for any confusion.

Candy Thief
AS_anime_watcher

Reply to AS_anime_watcher - Message ID#: 60127338

So I just watched the Food episode. I liked the Animal episode better.
I'M ON TWITTER: @CRAZYMEGANECHAN // 3DS FC: 3883-6257-2876 // Blog: crazymeganechan.wordpress.com // I also write Adult Swim related stuff on adultswimcentral.com

HELPER FOLDER HAPPENINGS:
- SUBMIT ICONS FOR BOB'S BURGERS IN THE BOB'S BURGERS FOLDER!
Zombie Slayer
Paloozan

Reply to AS_anime_watcher - Message ID#: 60175834

MORE EPISODES IN PRODUCTION, BUMP CONFIRMED

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Eccentra Gallumbits' best friend.
Haunted Hay Ride
Redh00d

**tut-tut** **tut-tut**, that being said it was refreshing from just another low budget show like delocated or squidbillies or childrens hospital (which i think is funny btw but gets old) off the air wasnt my cup off tea but it was different in a good way. honestly adult swim has gotten real **tut-tut**ty. to much family guy reruns from fox. can i get a serious show that isnt some lame anime about a guy with a talking teddy bear and a sword like hbos enturauge or dexter. something ADULT but not just fart jokes and alien trannys. get somthing that is serious and for grown ups. maybe adult swim is realizing that even though its audience is meant for "16 or 14" most people who watch are in fact younger.  maybe the need there own channel, hell oprah got one.  just feels like AD doest respect it veiwers and petal out same old garbage and re runs from fox shows. if u dont have seth mcfarlane or green on your credits you cant survive on AD, thank god for superjail getting renewed finally and venture bros. but after there gone therell b no point. i the whistle will get blown and adult swim will be done

Squire
Dark_Lord_Khrima

Reply to Redh00d - Message ID#: 60166786

Redh00d wrote:

**tut-tut** **tut-tut**, that being said it was refreshing from just another low budget show like delocated or squidbillies or childrens hospital

Incidently, Off The Air is far less expensive to make than any of those shows, seeing as it's just a string of videos taken off the internet. :smileytongue: