SwimSuperfan
edichgolight

Re: One Piece

Reply to KouTheMad - Message ID#: 61169908

well, compared to the 4kids dub, its definitely superior :smileyvery-happy:.

though even then, i have problems w/ the Funi dub cast. colleen clinkenbeard doesn't fit luffy AT ALL. makes  him sound too annoying. everyone else is pretty satisfying. 

"TINY MINISKIRTS"
-Roy Mustang at his greatest

"I hate violence"
-Shizuo Heiwajima (Durarara)
SwimSuperfan
KouTheMad

Reply to edichgolight - Message ID#: 61170374

edichgolight wrote:

well, compared to the 4kids dub, its definitely superior :smileyvery-happy:.

though even then, i have problems w/ the Funi dub cast. colleen clinkenbeard doesn't fit luffy AT ALL. makes  him sound too annoying. everyone else is pretty satisfying. 

truth be told, i do prefer 4kids dubbing of the opening part of the episodes (not the rap, the part with Gold Roger, he seems alot more pirate like)

Let The Insanity Commence!

Let Us Not Suffer the Heretic or the Tsundere, the Moe or the Loli, the Little Sister or Terrible Writing, Let Them be Purged by Imperial Flame, Amen.
SwimSuperfan
edichgolight

Reply to KouTheMad - Message ID#: 61170482

i guess. never paid too much attention to that lolol.

they also gave shanks a british accent. and hawkeye a french one :smileyvery-happy:

"TINY MINISKIRTS"

"I hate violence"
SwimSuperfan
KouTheMad

Reply to edichgolight - Message ID#: 61170642

and made Sanji sound like a chain smoker, which is ironic since they gave him a lollipop.

Let The Insanity Commence!

Let Us Not Suffer the Heretic or the Tsundere, the Moe or the Loli, the Little Sister or Terrible Writing, Let Them be Purged by Imperial Flame, Amen.
SwimSuperfan

Reply to KouTheMad - Message ID#: 61170966

If you don't like it don't watch it.

Just air more anime................... Please?

:'-(

Member of the A.F.A.
SwimHELPeR
Sketchor

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 61197254

Who are you directly that at, Kou said nothing about not liking One Piece.

HELPeR for the TOONAMI, Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragon Ball Z, Harvey Birdman and Perfect Hair Forever boards. Feel free to ask me anything on those topics.

sketch only puts the arrogant whiney punks in their place... sort of like batman, except on the {AS} boards - THECZAROFGNAR

Sketch, should we make sure it's imprinted on your grave stone "He felt very strongly that Bleach belonged on Toonami!" - .hack-SIGN_John

"We aknowledged that Toonami is cooler than us... and they aknowledged that we're full of ****." [adult swim]
SwimStar
TheBigOFan72

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 61197822

I think he's pointing at him not liking the 4Kids version. Though that's coming from the guy who gets pissed at Naruto Shippuden being edited on Disney XD when he doesn't watch the channel since he doesn't like it.

*Adult Swim Boards Guide and FAQ for new users (Click if you're new!)*Twitter*AnimeSols: The Future of Anime's Past*My Waifu*
Roger Smith (The Big O): "Big O!! Showtime!!" InuYasha (InuYasha): "Windscar!!" Roger Smith (The Big O): "People are not ruled by their memories!"
PlayStation Network Online ID: Videogameaddict2 Xbox Live Gamertag: BigOnAnime94 | This post has been brought to you by an otaku.
Passionate manga and anime fan since November 2008 | Gamer since January 2002 | Favorite Anime: The Vision of Escaflowne
"Don't beg for things, do it yourself, or else you won't get anything."-Adrock Thurston (Eureka Seven) | My Video Game Collection
List of legal anime streaming sites | MyAnimeList MyMangaList | My Anime Collection | My Manga Collection | MyFigureCollection
SwimHELPeR
Sketchor

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 61197892

I don't think that was what he intended to say given his all-too-common rage fits over 4Kids.

HELPeR for the TOONAMI, Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragon Ball Z, Harvey Birdman and Perfect Hair Forever boards. Feel free to ask me anything on those topics.

sketch only puts the arrogant whiney punks in their place... sort of like batman, except on the {AS} boards - THECZAROFGNAR

Sketch, should we make sure it's imprinted on your grave stone "He felt very strongly that Bleach belonged on Toonami!" - .hack-SIGN_John

"We aknowledged that Toonami is cooler than us... and they aknowledged that we're full of ****." [adult swim]
SwimSuperfan

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 61197950

They were complaining about the Funimation voices.

The voices are fine.

Member of the A.F.A.
SwimStar
TheBigOFan72

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 61210290

:smileyindifferent:

They were pointing out some voices. They overall like this better than the 4Kids version.

*Adult Swim Boards Guide and FAQ for new users (Click if you're new!)*Twitter*AnimeSols: The Future of Anime's Past*My Waifu*
Roger Smith (The Big O): "Big O!! Showtime!!" InuYasha (InuYasha): "Windscar!!" Roger Smith (The Big O): "People are not ruled by their memories!"
PlayStation Network Online ID: Videogameaddict2 Xbox Live Gamertag: BigOnAnime94 | This post has been brought to you by an otaku.
Passionate manga and anime fan since November 2008 | Gamer since January 2002 | Favorite Anime: The Vision of Escaflowne
"Don't beg for things, do it yourself, or else you won't get anything."-Adrock Thurston (Eureka Seven) | My Video Game Collection
List of legal anime streaming sites | MyAnimeList MyMangaList | My Anime Collection | My Manga Collection | MyFigureCollection
SwimHELPeR
Sketchor

DemandingAnime wrote:

The voices are fine.

I don't happen to like all the voices in FUNimation's dub of One Piece. The Japanese cast is significantly better in my opinion. Their acting is simply phenomenal, even though the FUNimation cast is alright they just can't compare in my opinion.

Though I can't hardly believe you just told someone not to watch One Piece.

SwimSuperfan
edichgolight

DemandingAnime wrote:

The voices are fine.

i suppose this is directed at me?

i was referring to the 4kids version when i was talking about hawkeye and shanks.

and i can still complain about not liking some character's VA's. i absolutely detest luffy's VA (not as a VA, but as luffy. colleen clinkenbeard has done many great roles). but i like sanji, nami, and robin's' VA's.

"TINY MINISKIRTS"

"I hate violence"
SwimStar
TheBigOFan72

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 61213200

Sketchor wrote:

DemandingAnime wrote:

The voices are fine.

I don't happen to like all the voices in FUNimation's dub of One Piece. The Japanese cast is significantly better in my opinion. Their acting is simply phenomenal, even though the FUNimation cast is alright they just can't compare in my opinion.

Though I can't hardly believe you just told someone not to watch One Piece.

It's the dam.n truth right there. One Piece is a quality title. It's in my top 10. I may find myself later having it in my top 5, and liking it more than Bleach which is my 3rd favorite anime (And gateway series.) depending on where that series goes after the filler arc that's actually quite good. One Piece isn't going to go down in quality, that I know.

SwimStar
TheBigOFan72

Reply to edichgolight - Message ID#: 61217882

I'm still finding it hard to get used to Luffy in the English dub. I overall still like it. I really like some voices a lot like Zoro's. As for Sanij's, heard clips and I still am having trouble getting used to it. The 4Kids Sanji is still stuck in my brain.:smileyvery-happy:

SwimSuperfan

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 61224250

Complain about the voices all you want they're here to stay.

Either deal with it or don't watch it.

Member of the A.F.A.
SwimSuperfan
edichgolight

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 61226766

DemandingAnime wrote:

the fact that we watch it means we deal it it...:smileyindifferent:.

"TINY MINISKIRTS"

"I hate violence"
SwimSuperfan
edichgolight

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 61224250

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

I'm still finding it hard to get used to Luffy in the English dub. I overall still like it. I really like some voices a lot like Zoro's. As for Sanij's, heard clips and I still am having trouble getting used to it. The 4Kids Sanji is still stuck in my brain.:smileyvery-happy:

4kids sanji was...meh. but i was too distracted by the lollipop :smileyvery-happy:

chris sabat as zoro is ok, but he makes his voice too deep. but it works :smileyhappy:. i like sanji's VA for funi one piece. same guy who does kimblee in fma and fma: b, yuji kaido from blue gender, and a few others i can't recall...but he's good.

"TINY MINISKIRTS"

"I hate violence"
SwimSuperfan

Reply to edichgolight - Message ID#: 61226798

edichgolight wrote:

DemandingAnime wrote:

Good.

Now deal with my opinion and stop yelling at it.

Member of the A.F.A.
SwimFan
Paradox295

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 61226886

DemandingAnime wrote:

edichgolight wrote:

DemandingAnime wrote:

Good.

Now deal with my opinion and stop yelling at it.

Yes. But your opinions mainly involve "CN/AS are **beast** because they don't show what I want because I said so".

And we tell you why they can't do that.

So, you want us to deal with you making outrageous demands, while you ignore the fact that there are other people in the world, and they're entitled to what they would like too?

No sale.

We will stop yelling at your opinion when you start listening to our facts.

SwimHELPeR
Sketchor

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 61226766

DemandingAnime wrote:

Complain about the Adult Swim comedies all you want they're here to stay.

Really you make these things too easy.

SwimSuperfan

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 61233466

Sketchor wrote:

DemandingAnime wrote:

Fine.

Air them less then.

Member of the A.F.A.
SwimStar
TheBigOFan72

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 61259418

Airing them less will result in less profits, meaning less money, and less money to get anime. It costs them absolutely nothing to air the the comedies they air (Except FOX comedies which practically pay for themselves.). It's thanks to those comedies they get the money to be able to get more anime. The anime doesn't earn enough money to pay for itself really.

SwimHELPeR
Sketchor

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 61259418

DemandingAnime wrote:

Sketchor wrote:

DemandingAnime wrote:

Fine.

Air them less then.

Fine.

Give those actors less lines then.

Now what I suggested is completely ridiculous so I'm not doing so in a serious manner, I said it to illustrate a point. If you tell people to "get over something", "ignore something" or "deal with something" you best be willing to do the same and when I suggested you do the same you made extra demands. It doesn't work that way. Either you tollrate things you don't like or you don't get to tell other people to tollerate things you don't like. That's hypocritical. Nobody likes a hypocrite.

SwimSuperfan

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 61264752

It's August.

This is getting ridiculous now.

Can I start panicking now?

This is just becoming outright BS.

Someone should slap Toei around until they give Season 4+ to Funimation.

>:-(

Member of the A.F.A.
SwimStar
TheBigOFan72

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 61272066

Licensing takes a lot of TIME and MONEY. Dude, these things take time. It's not so simple as signing some contract saying "Okay, we'll give you episodes X-X and movies X, X, X, and X.". Stop worrying, it will happen. It's called negotiating.