Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Scaredy Cat
TheBigOFan72

Re: One Piece

Reply to helpme - Message ID#: 61331194

This thread has been derailed for months anway thanks to DA.

*Adult Swim Boards Guide and FAQ for new users (Click if you're new!)*Twitter*AnimeSols: The Future of Anime's Past*My Waifu*
Roger Smith (The Big O): "Big O!! Showtime!!" InuYasha (InuYasha): "Windscar!!" Roger Smith (The Big O): "People are not ruled by their memories!"
PlayStation Network Online ID: Videogameaddict2 Xbox Live Gamertag: BigOnAnime94 | This post has been brought to you by an otaku.
Passionate manga and anime fan since November 2008 | Gamer since January 2002 | Favorite Anime: The Vision of Escaflowne
"Don't beg for things, do it yourself, or else you won't get anything."-Adrock Thurston (Eureka Seven) | My Video Game Collection
List of legal anime streaming sites | MyAnimeList MyMangaList | My Anime Collection | My Manga Collection | MyFigureCollection
Otaku Info Broker
helpme

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 61331272

oh yea forgot about that

MyAnimeList
Anime Manga More website
Either way Don't have fun or I will hunt it down and kill it ~SwimModPerseus
Take a chill pill. Log off. You're being a jackass, and it's annoying ~SwimOdin
Come back from a weekend and you guys are trying to castrate each other Jeeze ~SwimMod_Bast
Knight SwimDeath main account 

Hell's Minions
Sketchor

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 61329648

DemandingAnime wrote:

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

That still means edits because it's TV14 uncut, not TVPG uncut.

Alright then.

It can be marketed to 14+ and still succeed.

Give even 1 example of an action cartoon that was marketed to 14+ direclty. Not adults and not kids but specifrically teenagers.

I assure you, there are none because teenagers aren't a reliable audience for cartoons of any kind.

Toei wouldn't want the show marketed soley to 14+ on television anyway. Because it's such a huge hit with kids in Japan, they'd want the same success here. Perhaps that's an unreasonable expectation but they're not willing to settle for less. Much like you're not willing to settle for anything less than an uncut dub of the show.

HELPeR for the TOONAMI, Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragon Ball Z, Harvey Birdman and Perfect Hair Forever boards. Feel free to ask me anything on those topics.

sketch only puts the arrogant whiney punks in their place... sort of like batman, except on the {AS} boards - THECZAROFGNAR

Sketch, should we make sure it's imprinted on your grave stone "He felt very strongly that Bleach belonged on Toonami!" - .hack-SIGN_John

"We aknowledged that Toonami is cooler than us... and they aknowledged that we're full of ****." [adult swim]
Mysterious Ooze

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 61331996

Sketchor wrote:

DemandingAnime wrote:

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

Alright then.

Give even 1 example of an action cartoon that was marketed to 14+ direclty. Not adults and not kids but specifrically teenagers.

I assure you, there are none because teenagers aren't a reliable audience for cartoons of any kind.

Toei wouldn't want the show marketed soley to 14+ on television anyway. Because it's such a huge hit with kids in Japan, they'd want the same success here. Perhaps that's an unreasonable expectation but they're not willing to settle for less. Much like you're not willing to settle for anything less than an uncut dub of the show.

Then I guess Season 4+ will never be dubbed then.

Just air more anime................... Please?

:'-(

Member of the A.F.A.
Mysterious Ooze
edichgolight

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 61344420

well, we don't know that! 

so....stop spreading pessimism!

"TINY MINISKIRTS"
-Roy Mustang at his greatest

"I hate violence"
-Shizuo Heiwajima (Durarara)
Scaredy Cat
TheBigOFan72

They're still in negotiations, be patient. I wouldn't be surprised if they reached an agreement for more episodes and movies by the end of this year, and One Piece Season 4 First Voyage would come out sometime in 2012.

*Adult Swim Boards Guide and FAQ for new users (Click if you're new!)*Twitter*AnimeSols: The Future of Anime's Past*My Waifu*
Roger Smith (The Big O): "Big O!! Showtime!!" InuYasha (InuYasha): "Windscar!!" Roger Smith (The Big O): "People are not ruled by their memories!"
PlayStation Network Online ID: Videogameaddict2 Xbox Live Gamertag: BigOnAnime94 | This post has been brought to you by an otaku.
Passionate manga and anime fan since November 2008 | Gamer since January 2002 | Favorite Anime: The Vision of Escaflowne
"Don't beg for things, do it yourself, or else you won't get anything."-Adrock Thurston (Eureka Seven) | My Video Game Collection
List of legal anime streaming sites | MyAnimeList MyMangaList | My Anime Collection | My Manga Collection | MyFigureCollection
Hell's Minions
Sketchor

DemandingAnime wrote:

Sketchor wrote:

DemandingAnime wrote:

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

Alright then.

Then I guess Season 4+ will never be dubbed then.

Or... One Piece could air on a kid's network with edits which would make Toei very happy assuming kid's watch it, and I can't imagine why they wouldn't.

Either way...

FUNimation is already negotiating for season 4+ and while airing on TV would help convince Toei to fork over more episodes to FUNimation but the legal streams and DVD sales should be enough to get season 4 and beyond as long as people keep watching the legal streams and people keep buying the DVDs.

HELPeR for the TOONAMI, Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragon Ball Z, Harvey Birdman and Perfect Hair Forever boards. Feel free to ask me anything on those topics.

sketch only puts the arrogant whiney punks in their place... sort of like batman, except on the {AS} boards - THECZAROFGNAR

Sketch, should we make sure it's imprinted on your grave stone "He felt very strongly that Bleach belonged on Toonami!" - .hack-SIGN_John

"We aknowledged that Toonami is cooler than us... and they aknowledged that we're full of ****." [adult swim]
Scaredy Cat
TheBigOFan72

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 61349556

And before DA rants on, it'll never be as bad as 4Kids (It'll be TVPG uncut most likely, not TVY7-FV.). They'll most likely remove much of the blood (Not sure about Usopp faking his death with ketchup during the Arlong Arc.), but hopefully they won't remove death as there are many important deaths in the series that helped the series move forward, and made it great.

Mysterious Ooze
edichgolight

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 61352552

well, with the deaths that occur, those particular eps may be rated TV-14. everything else should be fine as TV-PG. and a little bleeping out of language might be in order :smileytongue:.

"TINY MINISKIRTS"

"I hate violence"
Scaredy Cat
TheBigOFan72

Reply to edichgolight - Message ID#: 61353406

Though, unfortunately it would be hard to make it happen. Like if it were put on Nicktoons or Disney XD, but leaving in these very important deaths like Bellemere for example (And a couple characters from the Paramount War arc that ended earlier this year. They're major spoilers though.:smileytongue:) is something they should do.

Mysterious Ooze
edichgolight

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 61354006

don't worry. i know what deaths you're talking about :smileytongue:.

well, aside from those deaths there aren't many others, except for maybe the ohara buster call back story of robin's. 

"TINY MINISKIRTS"

"I hate violence"
Mysterious Ooze

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 61352552

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

And before DA rants on, it'll never be as bad as 4Kids (It'll be TVPG uncut most likely, not TVY7-FV.). They'll most likely remove much of the blood (Not sure about Usopp faking his death with ketchup during the Arlong Arc.), but hopefully they won't remove death as there are many important deaths in the series that helped the series move forward, and made it great.

That's BS though.

Removing blood=BS edits.

Member of the A.F.A.
Scaredy Cat
TheBigOFan72

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 61355290

How so? "Because it makes it more realistic?" The show is about realism. Forget pirates and stuff, it's all about the blood man.

Aunt Norma's Urn
Paradox295

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 61355290

DemandingAnime wrote:

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

That's BS though.

Removing blood=BS edits.

WHY DO YOU FREAKING CARE?

You don't have to watch it edited.

Get the **beast** DVDs*

Stop. Complaining. About. The. Most. Insignificant. Fricken. Things.

....*and before you say "hurfdurf I'm poor". You aren't. Pirate stuff if you absolutely have to. But don't act like a customer if you do.

Mysterious Ooze

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 61355338

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

How so? "Because it makes it more realistic?" The show is about realism. Forget pirates and stuff, it's all about the blood man.

I know it's fake. That's obvious.

I'm just saying it makes it slightly realistic.

Member of the A.F.A.
Aunt Norma's Urn
Paradox295

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 61366560

DemandingAnime wrote:

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

I know it's fake. That's obvious.

I'm just saying it makes it slightly realistic.

Yeah, mate. Ummm. That's what I'd call a "BS excuse".

It's a freaking cartoon. How is a bit of blood going to magically make it "more realistic".

Just be honest, dude. You only want it uncut so you can convince yourself it's an "adult show".

Hell's Minions
Sketchor

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 61366560

Nobody in real life bleeds as much as characters do in One Piece. To make the show more realistic they would have to show less blood.

I don't really mind bloodless or nearly bloodless violence as long as the characters can still hit eachother and death isn't covered up.

Scaredy Cat
TheBigOFan72

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 61368210

Not to mention, no one in real life in many anime series end up receiving the wounds anime characters do often. Do we get cut up like the One Piece characters on a daily basis? Hell no.

Mysterious Ooze

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 61368210

Sketchor wrote:

Nobody in real life bleeds as much as characters do in One Piece. To make the show more realistic they would have to show less blood.

I don't really mind bloodless or nearly bloodless violence as long as the characters can still hit eachother and death isn't covered up.

I don't want that.

Don't edit a god **beast** thing.

Member of the A.F.A.
Scaredy Cat
TheBigOFan72

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 61392056

It happens every Sunday morning at 9:30 AM on Fuji TV in Japan. Heck, the anime is censored compared to the manga. Remember when I told you how they changed a certain wound on an important character in a recent arc from having half his face blown off in the manga, to just getting another hit in the chest in the anime, and his body wasn't nearly as bloody (Meaning Toei Animation took out much of the blood from the manga. BS EDIT.:smileysurprised::smileysurprised::smileysurprised::smileysurprised::smileysurprised:) and filled with swords in the anime compared to the manga (He died as a result of all those wounds.)?

Hell's Minions
Sketchor

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 61392056

DemandingAnime wrote:

Sketchor wrote:

I don't want that.

Yeah we got that, you've only said it about a hundred times by now.

But edited Toonami anime is what made you an anime fan so edited anime shouldn't bug you that much, particularly when an uncut dub still exists.

Scaredy Cat
TheBigOFan72

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 61395762

And when an edited dub could create way, way more fans than an uncut dub, or just DVD's and streams alone.

Mysterious Ooze

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 61395762

Sketchor wrote:

DemandingAnime wrote:

Sketchor wrote:

I don't want that.

Yeah we got that, you've only said it about a hundred times by now.

But edited Toonami anime is what made you an anime fan so edited anime shouldn't bug you that much, particularly when an uncut dub still exists.

Don't expect me to support the show by watching the edited version then.

Member of the A.F.A.
Scaredy Cat
TheBigOFan72

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 61402088

No duh, just don't complain about the edited version you're not watching.

Mysterious Ooze

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 61403308

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

No duh, just don't complain about the edited version you're not watching.

If I hear about a god awful edit, there's no reason for me not to.

Member of the A.F.A.