SwimStar
TheBigOFan72

Re: One Piece

Reply to helpme - Message ID#: 62074992

The better TV so you can watch anime better in the future?

*Adult Swim Boards Guide and FAQ for new users (Click if you're new!)*Twitter*AnimeSols: The Future of Anime's Past*My Waifu*
Roger Smith (The Big O): "Big O!! Showtime!!" InuYasha (InuYasha): "Windscar!!" Roger Smith (The Big O): "People are not ruled by their memories!"
PlayStation Network Online ID: Videogameaddict2 Xbox Live Gamertag: BigOnAnime94 | This post has been brought to you by an otaku.
Passionate manga and anime fan since November 2008 | Gamer since January 2002 | Favorite Anime: The Vision of Escaflowne
"Don't beg for things, do it yourself, or else you won't get anything."-Adrock Thurston (Eureka Seven) | My Video Game Collection
List of legal anime streaming sites | MyAnimeList MyMangaList | My Anime Collection | My Manga Collection | MyFigureCollection
Otaku Info Broker
helpme

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 62075024

the tv it was on sale for $250

RCA

but I couldof bought the anime the next day but I didn't

MyAnimeList
Anime Manga More website
Either way Don't have fun or I will hunt it down and kill it ~SwimModPerseus
Take a chill pill. Log off. You're being a jackass, and it's annoying ~SwimOdin
Come back from a weekend and you guys are trying to castrate each other Jeeze ~SwimMod_Bast
Knight SwimDeath main account 

SwimStar
TheBigOFan72

Reply to helpme - Message ID#: 62075036

I unfortunately don't have the room for a better TV. The one in the living room is a lot better, and bigger. It's so heavy you can't steal it without help. http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae206/FlameHaze92/Random%20stu
ff/FILE0203.jpg
(Nice how I'm showing more and more of my house now.:smileyvery-happy:)

*Adult Swim Boards Guide and FAQ for new users (Click if you're new!)*Twitter*AnimeSols: The Future of Anime's Past*My Waifu*
Roger Smith (The Big O): "Big O!! Showtime!!" InuYasha (InuYasha): "Windscar!!" Roger Smith (The Big O): "People are not ruled by their memories!"
PlayStation Network Online ID: Videogameaddict2 Xbox Live Gamertag: BigOnAnime94 | This post has been brought to you by an otaku.
Passionate manga and anime fan since November 2008 | Gamer since January 2002 | Favorite Anime: The Vision of Escaflowne
"Don't beg for things, do it yourself, or else you won't get anything."-Adrock Thurston (Eureka Seven) | My Video Game Collection
List of legal anime streaming sites | MyAnimeList MyMangaList | My Anime Collection | My Manga Collection | MyFigureCollection
Otaku Info Broker
helpme

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 62075054

its not that bad

also

MyAnimeList
Anime Manga More website
Come back from a weekend and you guys are trying to castrate each other Jeeze ~SwimMod_Bast

SwimNub
SirTommyBoy7152

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 61796994

Bleach is way less popular then one piece.  If your going to go with a GOOD anime show to air on Adult Swim, then Why not at least try for one piece and get ride of bleach?

NAMI-SWAAANNN, ROBIN-CHWANNNN!!!!!!
SwimStar
TheBigOFan72

[ Edited ]

Reply to SirTommyBoy7152 - Message ID#: 62079606

Uh, outside of Japan Bleach is way more popular.:smileyindifferent:Hell on MAL it's the second most popular anime (Strangely the 1st isn't Naruto but Death Note.), while One Piece is like 12th. Also getting rid of Bleach is a horrible idea. It's the anime that's been doing the best for [adult swim]. One Piece would be a gamble, and it for sure wouldn't do as well or better. It possibly could bomb, but we'll never know unless [as] does a trial run of like the first 50 some episodes.

SwimHELPeR
Sketchor

Reply to SirTommyBoy7152 - Message ID#: 62079606

One Piece is hugely popular in Japan but that's... kinda the only place it's mainstream popular. Bleach is a bigger success here because it didn't end up with 4Kids. Though it's not as popular as Naruto here and never was and all of them pale in comparison to the sales of the Dragon Ball franchise.

I'll say One Piece is the much better show though and if AS were to air only one shounen I'd want it to be One Piece.

However, Bleach is very successful on Adult Swim and getting rid of it would be very bad for the ratings of the action block. So I can't personally recommend that they do that right now. At least not until it can be determined that One Piece could get comparable ratings but even then if they could afford both I'd recommend airing both back to back at the front of the action block.

HELPeR for the TOONAMI, Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragon Ball Z, Harvey Birdman and Perfect Hair Forever boards. Feel free to ask me anything on those topics.

sketch only puts the arrogant whiney punks in their place... sort of like batman, except on the {AS} boards - THECZAROFGNAR

Sketch, should we make sure it's imprinted on your grave stone "He felt very strongly that Bleach belonged on Toonami!" - .hack-SIGN_John

"We aknowledged that Toonami is cooler than us... and they aknowledged that we're full of ****." [adult swim]
SwimSuperfan

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 62081432

Sorry I kind of feel like crap today.

So no "objections" from me.

Actually you know what? No more "objections" from me ever again.

I felt like crap out of nowhere yesterday and honestly... I suppose feeling like crap DID sort of "make me see the light." I guess. Or whatever you want to call it.

I'm done. I promise. This time for sure. Please believe me this time.

Just know that most of my opinions probably will always remain the same and those opinions of mine will probably never change. Especially when it comes to the editing that is done to anime.

I WISH I could buy all of this stuff but I can't. I'd rather focus on my education ONLY and not have to try to juggle two things at once. A job and an education I mean. That would mean I'd have no time for myself and I'd probably go insane if that would happen. I have no idea how you guys juggle a job and an education and still have time for yourselves.

Watching anime and doing stuff on the computer actually DOES keep me sane. Yeah I know. I have problems. Don't we all have our little "problems" though? Whatever.

My family isn't in the best situation financial wise because of a family emergency that happened. It's coming up on the one year anniversary for that too. That's going to be so fun... not...

That's pretty much why I can't buy the stuff leaving me no choice.

Look. As long as anime continues to air on SOME sort of venue in UNCUT AND UNEDITED format and as long as non-edited versions exist. I appreciate those things. I really do. I'll just make sure I always watch the non-edited stuff I guess.

Keep berating me all you want I'm not going to keep doing this anymore. I'm going to still post here I'll just be very... I don't know... "normal?" No... that's not the right word for it...

Monotone? Yeah. That's it. Monotone.

I'm done.

I am truly sorry for everything. This is will posted in the other topics in case you don't see it here. Sorry. Truly.

DemandingAnime

Just air more anime................... Please?

:'-(

Member of the A.F.A.
SwimHELPeR
Sketchor

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 62083974

Okay, here's another reason to get One Piece.

I previously said it's about the only show that could potentially do as well as Bleach that's available.

That's more important now when you consider Bleach's likely to decline in popularity and ratings when they get beyond the big battle arcs. The ratings might even see a decline when they hit the next filler arc. Though filler hasn't hurt Bleach's ratings terribly before so it should be fine for a while yet but when the main storyline starts getting less interesting a few years from now (at the rate they're going) that could lead to a ratings decline as it did in Japan.

Anyway, long story short it would be good to be starting up a series that could hold the fort should the golden egg of Bleach crack and make a mess of things. I feel One Piece is that show because it has years and years worth of great episodes and only gets better (for the most part).

So... the sooner the better but launching it after DRR ends should be fine.

HELPeR for the TOONAMI, Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragon Ball Z, Harvey Birdman and Perfect Hair Forever boards. Feel free to ask me anything on those topics.

sketch only puts the arrogant whiney punks in their place... sort of like batman, except on the {AS} boards - THECZAROFGNAR

Sketch, should we make sure it's imprinted on your grave stone "He felt very strongly that Bleach belonged on Toonami!" - .hack-SIGN_John

"We aknowledged that Toonami is cooler than us... and they aknowledged that we're full of ****." [adult swim]
SwimSuperfan

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 62108648

Sketchor wrote:

Okay, here's another reason to get One Piece.

I previously said it's about the only show that could potentially do as well as Bleach that's available.

That's more important now when you consider Bleach's likely to decline in popularity and ratings when they get beyond the big battle arcs. The ratings might even see a decline when they hit the next filler arc. Though filler hasn't hurt Bleach's ratings terribly before so it should be fine for a while yet but when the main storyline starts getting less interesting a few years from now (at the rate they're going) that could lead to a ratings decline as it did in Japan.

Anyway, long story short it would be good to be starting up a series that could hold the fort should the golden egg of Bleach crack and make a mess of things. I feel One Piece is that show because it has years and years worth of great episodes and only gets better (for the most part).

So... the sooner the better but launching it after DRR ends should be fine.

Yeah.

But I don't want them to stop airing Bleach either but I want to finish Bleach dubbed too just like how I want to finish One Piece dubbed.

But I am going to LOATH watching the subbed version if I have to.

Member of the A.F.A.
SwimHELPeR
Sketchor

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 62114128

I'm sure Viz will keep dubbing Bleach even if it gets removed from Adult Swim at some point but hopefully Bleach can finish it's run on Adult Swim... but before it can do that it has to actually end in Japan.

Otaku Info Broker
helpme

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 62114290

rumors are its going to be 10 more years beore this happens

MyAnimeList
Anime Manga More website

SwimHELPeR
Sketchor

Reply to helpme - Message ID#: 62114318

Kubo's just trolling at this point.

That's why we Oda's masterpiece to take up the reigns while Bleach is still watchable. XD

Otaku Info Broker
helpme

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 62114328

trolling is correct we are at what episode 226 english dubed?

japan episode 344

anybet this won't end until we 900?

sorry for going off topic

MyAnimeList
Anime Manga More website

SwimStar
TheBigOFan72

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 62114128

Bleach however may lose ratings in a couple of years, and it may be low enough to make [as] make a decision they may not want to, but would have to in order to prevent them from losing money. The arc we're in, Hueco Mundo, many fans in Japan dropped the series sometime through this arc. Tite Kubo takes forever to get his point across, and it dragged on so long. I mean, Bleach's 2009 manga sales were much higher than 2010's, and Bleach has been losing popularity

Tite Kubo is failing to keep the audience interested, and I heard it's been falling in the Weekly Shonen Jump ratings after it ended this certain arc (I won't tell you about it as it would be massive spoilers.). Personally even with all the errors, Bleach is my 3rd favorite anime I still for now like it more than One Piece. But as One Piece only continues to get better, and Bleach fails to stay consistent, it may change. One Piece is close to entering my top 5.

SwimStar
TheBigOFan72

[ Edited ]

Reply to helpme - Message ID#: 62114342

Or if Bleach prematurely ends if it falls way into the double digits in the Weekly Shonen Jump reader survey results. Also 900 is a close estimate. It took One Piece nearly 12 years to hit 500 episodes, so another 10 years for Bleach would be like 400-450 more episodes. I hope to gawd Kubo isn't being serious as 5 more years I think is overkill for Bleach at this point.

-Post 5,000

SwimSuperfan

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 62123624

I don't care how many episodes there are. I want ALL episodes to be dubbed.

Member of the A.F.A.
SwimStar
TheBigOFan72

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 62137276

And they will as long as it sells well enough for VIZ Media. It's sales probably will stay good enough for all the episodes to be dubbed. If it doesn't sell well enough, it'll be another title VIZ Media unfortunately didn't finish on DVD that will pi$$ people off more, though I doubt it will happen with how well it's done for them.

SwimHELPeR
Sketchor

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 62138332

Naruto is less likely to get canned than Bleach but Bleach is in no danger of getting an incomplete dub with how well it's sold for Viz.

SwimSuperfan

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 62138740

Sketchor wrote:

Naruto is less likely to get canned than Bleach but Bleach is in no danger of getting an incomplete dub with how well it's sold for Viz.

Huh?! What do mean?! I want to watch all episodes of Naruto dubbed too!!

>:-(

Member of the A.F.A.
SwimHELPeR
Sketchor

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 62146942

I said Naruto and Bleach's dubs are not going to get canceled by Viz but I figure Bleach would get cancelled before Naruto due to each series level of successes so far. I don't really know though.

I'm confident  Naruto and Bleach have both sold well enough for Viz to give them complete dubs but I don't know anymore than any other fan does.

SwimStar
TheBigOFan72

Reply to Sketchor - Message ID#: 62149722

And the day VIZ Media stops dubbing Naruto Shippuden is the day the world ends. The Naruto series in general dwarfs Bleach in sales and popularity. When I watch the latest episodes of Naruto Shippuden (Well, episodes on a one week delay.), VIZAnime says thousands of people are watching, and as for Bleach, it says only a few hundred are watching. The only thing that could stop them from dubbing is legal issues, but the chances of that happening are so slim you shouldn't even need to worry 0.00000000000001%.

Anyway enough of that. Time to get back on-track. At what rate would it be best to try like the first 50 some episodes of One Piece?

SwimHELPeR
Sketchor

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 62150500

For broadcast?

At least twice a week since it starts a bit slow.

SwimSuperfan

Reply to TheBigOFan72 - Message ID#: 62150500

TheBigOFan72 wrote:

And the day VIZ Media stops dubbing Naruto Shippuden is the day the world ends. The Naruto series in general dwarfs Bleach in sales and popularity. When I watch the latest episodes of Naruto Shippuden (Well, episodes on a one week delay.), VIZAnime says thousands of people are watching, and as for Bleach, it says only a few hundred are watching. The only thing that could stop them from dubbing is legal issues, but the chances of that happening are so slim you shouldn't even need to worry 0.00000000000001%.

Anyway enough of that. Time to get back on-track. At what rate would it be best to try like the first 50 some episodes of One Piece?

After Durarara ends.

=/

Member of the A.F.A.
SwimStar
TheBigOFan72

Reply to DemandingAnime - Message ID#: 62157346

I never asked when it should start.:smileyindifferent:

Though the chances of it starting right after Durarara!! ends is extremely slim. I doubt [adult swim] has the rights, but hasn't revealed anything.