Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Team Gurren
Chappi_The_Rabbit

Re: Persona 4 The Animation Discussion

Reply to TheRoyalFamily - Message ID#: 62934880

They've got the omelette cooking event ("Wow, this tastes awful!") and the trip to Iwatodai aka Persona 3 town, which reminds me they need to add in Chihiro
"Mirror mirror on the wall, you don't have to say it at all"
ユニバァァァス!
SwimStar
LordJupiter

Reply to TheRoyalFamily - Message ID#: 62934880

They go to the beach in the P4: The Golden Shower.

SwimStar
LordJupiter

[ Edited ]

Reply to LordJupiter - Message ID#: 62937494

Naoto is getting a novel.

So this means:

Persona 4 Manga

Persona 4 Nanako manga

Persona 4 Yosuke manga

Persona 4 Anime

Persona 4: The Golden Shower

Persona 4: Ultimate in Mayonnaise Arena

Persona 4 Naoto novel.

SwimHotshot
TheRoyalFamily

Reply to LordJupiter - Message ID#: 62937768

I didn't know there was a Nanako manga :smileysurprised:

You should have seen the delicious buttdevestation on /a/ when this was announced. So many hipsters hating popular things, and analy pained SMTfags upset that Purseowner is popular instead of X.

"You perceive wrongly. I feel unimaginable happiness wasting time talking with women. I'm that type of human." -Sousuke

"I especially like cleaning the toilets...
At times the words "latrine orderly" flash through my mind, and I feel somehow dutiful.
Once on a nature channel I saw great icebergs of Antarctica. They gleamed and glinted, cold, forbidding, pure, and white.That's what I strive for with the toilets."

-Excel
Team Gurren
Chappi_The_Rabbit

Reply to LordJupiter - Message ID#: 62937768

Don't forget the stage adaptation of Persona 4. I'm somewhere between happy and apathetic about the whole thing because I liked the game alot, though I think that it's starting to get at overkill with Yosuke & Nanako getting spin-off mangas, and I preferred the story in Persona 3 which I think should have really got some spin-offs other than the non-canon Trinity Soul and the grating FES with Aegis (Akihiko & Junpei could have some really interesting side stories)
ユニバァァァス!
SwimHotshot
TheRoyalFamily

Reply to Chappi_The_Rabbit - Message ID#: 62957180

As far as I'm concerned, I'm happy as long as it's good (and 2D - I seriously hope that stage production never happens/flops/whatever). The Yosuke and Nanako comics sound kinda silly though - what are they going to do? Yosuke the Junes Manager? Nanako the Little Girl That's Not Near As Funny As Yotsuba? The Naoto book at least can be a detective book. Really, character-specific stuff for the P4 kids wouldn't work besides generic SoL stuff - because, aside from Rise and Naoto, they live pretty generic lives, all things considered; that's kinda the point. (I guess you could do something with Yukiko and the inn, but we already have Hanasaku Iroha.)

The main story of P3 was better than P4 (much more epic than "Scooby-Doo with real Murders and Monsters"), but that was the only thing better about it. Well, I guess Aigis is better than Yukiko or Naoto, but what'cha gonna do?

Junpei having interesting side stories? Are you crazy? He's actually the least interesting character (besides MC). Even Yukari has that whole thing with her dad. "Akihiko on the Beat" or whatever might be cool, though.

"You perceive wrongly. I feel unimaginable happiness wasting time talking with women. I'm that type of human." -Sousuke

At times the words "latrine orderly" flash through my mind, and I feel somehow dutiful.
Once on a nature channel I saw great icebergs of Antarctica. They gleamed and glinted, cold, forbidding, pure, and white.That's what I strive for with the toilets."

-Excel
Team Gurren
Chappi_The_Rabbit

Reply to TheRoyalFamily - Message ID#: 62957576

I think the Naoto book has potential to be great like the L book that NisiOisn did for Death Note & I'm cool with Mayonaka Arena cause I love fighting games. Nanako's manga would probably be a pale imitation of Yotsuba, and as for Yosuke, the Junes angle could work but if they're just going to go with the story of him being a goofy highschool student, Junpei would be much more entertaining in that territory as a doofus who can screw up anything he tries to put his heart into as Stupei Ace Defective. I just figured that either him for a slice-of-life or Akihiko for a serious action story with Shinji would make for decent P3 spin-offs, though I do admit that P4 has much likeable characters than P3 so a Yosuke or Nanako manga would be much better than Yukari or Ken getting their own series (I do love P3's social links better though)
ユニバァァァス!
SwimStar
LordJupiter

Reply to TheRoyalFamily - Message ID#: 62956864

TheRoyalFamily wrote:

I didn't know there was a Nanako manga :smileysurprised:

You should have seen the delicious buttdevestation on /a/ when this was announced. So many hipsters hating popular things, and analy pained SMTfags upset that Purseowner is popular instead of X.

Are you suggesting they don't have the right to be mad?

Because I think they have that right. Last SMT game that wasn't a remake was Space Marine in Antartica with Mexican Demons and Russian Tools. But we'll be getting DeSu 2 next year so that should satisfy some as long as they aren't still buttdevastated over the symbolic Dessert aliens.

Spoiler

Not to mention Ultimate Boss Alice and Uncles Red and Black.

Now I think they haven't milked the game until they start doing mangas based on Chie or Yukiko.

SwimHotshot
TheRoyalFamily

[ Edited ]

Reply to LordJupiter - Message ID#: 62961368

SMTfags are always going to mad no matter what unless they do a straight remake of SMT 1 or 2. They are mad at Persona. They're mad about Raidou. They are mad about SJ, even though that's SMT 4.

They are also mad that noone accepts their view. Mainline SMT got all sorts of spinoff back in the day, but it all **beast**ked.

LordJupiter wrote:

Now I think they haven't milked the game enough until they start doing mangas based on Chie/Yukiko.

Fixed.

-Excel
SwimStar
LordJupiter

Reply to TheRoyalFamily - Message ID#: 62961996

SMT 1 and 2 have each had 8 remakes already. I don't see why they want remakes of the first two.

And SMT only really had one spinoff and that's If. Which takes place in the Personaverse. Besides DDS, Devil Summoner, Persona, and DeSu don't **beast**.

Heck Devil Children was apparently decent enough to get two animes back in the day and no one wants to remember that exists.

SwimHotshot
TheRoyalFamily

Reply to LordJupiter - Message ID#: 62963000

No talking about game spinoffs, I'm talking the other media - anime, manga (especially manga), novels, ect.

I personally think the game spinoffs are generally better than the mainline SMT. Sure, there's a place for them, and they are still good (more for the story than gameplay - but that's what really draws the SMT DEEPfags to unfortunate discussions).

-Excel
SwimHotshot
TheRoyalFamily

Reply to TheRoyalFamily - Message ID#: 62973181

No Persona today? I have to wait for tomorrow?

Thrusday status: RUINED.

-Excel
SwimHELPeR
CC-Kallen

Reply to TheRoyalFamily - Message ID#: 63004157

Agh! >_<
mal.
PSN: BRS-BeastX
SwimStar
LordJupiter

Reply to TheRoyalFamily - Message ID#: 63004157

They finally released a P4 video that shows off the other characters moves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I2IOg1eCBW
k

Looks like Naoto has  her instant death light/dark spells.

SwimStar
Darkstar_Zero

Reply to LordJupiter - Message ID#: 63017005

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2011/12/23/cast-of-the-pers
ona-4-stage-play-appear-in-costume

So this is the first I've heard of this. :smileyfrustrated:

MAL Profile|MALGraph|Twitter|The Darkstar Blog|Tumblr
Miiverse: MykeJinX89

Instead of Sword Art Online II, Toonami should air .hack//SIGN, the MMO anime that's not an insulting, misogynistic moe harem power fantasy.

SwimHELPeR
CC-Kallen

Reply to LordJupiter - Message ID#: 63017005

Oh my God, that looks awesome. <_<
mal.
SwimHotshot
TheRoyalFamily

Reply to CC-Kallen - Message ID#: 63019367

This episdoe man, this episode.

Dat Void Quest theme.

Dat WUT.

Dat BAD END.

Dat homosex.

Dat PERSONAPERSONAPERSONA.

Those omlettes.

-Excel
SwimStar
LordJupiter

Reply to TheRoyalFamily - Message ID#: 63019921

You forgot

Dat pinky promise

And It's Unlimited Persona Works. Also they use the rincarnated version of the boss battle remix in this episode.

Looks like next episode is Fox, Devil, Tower, and Temperance.

Spoiler
fuuuuuudge yes all those **noel**gots who said Fox would be replaced with Aika are **noel** wrong!

SwimHotshot
TheRoyalFamily

Reply to LordJupiter - Message ID#: 63020595

If Broswagonist actually talks to the fox, this is Anime of the Year, All Years.

-Excel
SwimHELPeR
CC-Kallen

Reply to TheRoyalFamily - Message ID#: 63019921

All I have to say is oh my God.

Best episode yet... sad, followed by a Personastorm.
mal.
SwimStar
Pandaka

Reply to CC-Kallen - Message ID#: 63025295

God dammn that eppie was so good.

I wasnt sure what was going on when they just skipped that fight.

I was thinking it was something like Katanagatakari where they skip one of the most amazing fights in the series just for trolls.

MC is a BAMF.

Like how he kept pulling out personas one after the other was pretty hot.

Brolust is intense too.

But like i didnt get what it was Yu realized in the dream?

He just realized "i have friends" or something basic like that?

I wish it was something more than that... if it was a better then this would have been one of the best episodes of any animu evarrrr!
I hate a moral coward, one who lacks a manly spark. I just detest a man afraid to go home in the dark.
I always spend my evening where there's women wine and song but like a man, I always bring my little wife along.
I'm a member of the Midnight Crew I'm a night owl, and a wise bird too.
Home with the milk in the morning Singing the same old song~
SwimStar
LordJupiter

Reply to Pandaka - Message ID#: 63028605

I believe Mitsuo's shadow inflicted Yu with the fear status and him attempting to choke Yu was Ghastly Wail that instant kills fear affected enemies.

SwimHotshot
TheRoyalFamily

He learned what a BAD END is.

-Excel
SwimHotshot
TheRoyalFamily

Reply to TheRoyalFamily - Message ID#: 63030179

No Persona this week?

After a day delay last week we have a WHOLE WEEK WITHOUT PERSONA?!

I checked last week for this week, and they said 13 is coming out on the 29th - ie, today. Screw them. And I don't even have Haganai anymore to somewhat console me :smileysad:

In other news, looks like I'm getting a Vita.

-Excel
Swimmortal
PenguinBoss

I figured that the space inside the giant game character was sort of like a different dimension, and MC just snapped out of it when he heard Yosuke's voice.

And while I agree with that episode was excellent, I didn't care for the persona orgy at the end of the fight.