Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Bone-ified Ghoul
Zenigundam

Toonami in 2010?

Its the dawn of a new age and unfortunately our dear old friend Toonami died before he could see the end of the horizon. But as we know from watching DBZ, Toonami can be revived

Until that time, I thought this would be a good idea to reminisce on the past decade of Toonami. You can post videos of your favorite Toonami memories from 2000-2008. Don't post any 90s videos though cause we're trying to keep in that 2000s spirit :smileytongue:

I'll start

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trbx5U_jMhQ

My Youtube
Check it out, you'll like it :smileytongue:
Message me if you like me, I'm really friendly and open!
Pumpkin Guts
gamester92

Re: Toonami in 2010?

Reply to Zenigundam - Message ID#: 52711032

the only hope that toonami had of coming back was naruto and now shippuuden is on disney xd so unless some other great kid friendly anime comes in toonami is DEAD.

BANKAI IS FOR THE WEAK

psn gametag: gamester92

.........................................Sōjirō Kusaka FanClub Creator...........................Hollow Twins Ying & Yang Fanclub Creator.....SUBS NOT DUBS, UNLESS YOU'RE TO LAZY TO READ THE DUBS NOT SUBS ...............................May Chang Fanclub!! * NO SPOILERS* & FMA Brotherhood Ling Yao Fanclub *NO SPOILERS* creator
Bone-ified Ghoul
Zenigundam

Reply to gamester92 - Message ID#: 52713506

Naruto was terrible and symbolic of the kind of junk Toonami resorted to airing after 2003

I think a great series for them to pick up would be 90s Spider-Man from Disney XD. That could jumpstart a Toonami comeback.

My Youtube
Pumpkin Guts
gamester92

Reply to Zenigundam - Message ID#: 52713739

well spiderman was nice back then but people want NEW stuff not old cartoons/anime. Remember CN main target is little kids from age 7-13 not us on AS.
BANKAI IS FOR THE WEAK

.........................................Sōjirō Kusaka FanClub Creator...........................Hollow Twins Ying & Yang Fanclub Creator.....SUBS NOT DUBS, UNLESS YOU'RE TO LAZY TO READ THE DUBS NOT SUBS ...............................May Chang Fanclub!! * NO SPOILERS* & FMA Brotherhood Ling Yao Fanclub *NO SPOILERS* creator
Hell's Minions
Jingai

I'm sure Disney XD is way ahead of you here Zeni.

Is Happiness to be found in a Future Grasped with bloodstained hands?
-Lacus Clyne.
R.I.P. Gecko Zero, Aliediz and The-Green-Hornet The burdens of this world are yours no more.
Such Beauty Ciddy is STILL mah BFF, Ghostrek 2020 Also Nrrdgirl, Tomoe242004,Hertz, Mewn, Ali ... and Vadz
The real American idea is not that every man shall be equal, but that every man shall have the liberty without hindrance to be what God has made him. The office of government is not to confer happiness but to give men the opportunity to work out happiness for themselves.
-Ronald Reagan

Bone-ified Ghoul
Zenigundam

Reply to gamester92 - Message ID#: 52716186

kids 7-13 won't remember Spider-Man... therefore it is NEW stuff :smileyindifferent:

My Youtube
Pumpkin Guts
gamester92

Reply to Zenigundam - Message ID#: 52716890

maybe but they are going to go and say wtf is this crap animation, gimme the talking animal thingy. remember kids are both stupid na dsmart somehow at the same time

BANKAI IS FOR THE WEAK

Mysterious Ooze
the-bird-flu

They should air hentai.

Ide watch.

The results of my endeavors have satisfactorily harmonized with the forecast that I generated and acted upon in accordance to a detailed analysis of the situation at hand and the desired goals that were stated by key stakeholders and interested parties at the outset of the events that previously unfolded. In other words: KEIKAKU DORI!
Bone-ified Ghoul
Dusk-Kino

:smileyindifferent: TOONAMI IS DEAD!!

GET!! OVER IT!!! :smileyindifferent:

Bone-ified Ghoul
Zenigundam

Reply to Dusk-Kino - Message ID#: 52754129

yeah... about that... *slaps you*

you're gonna have to *slaps you again*

calm down... or get beat up *choke slams you*

My Youtube
Bone-ified Ghoul
Dusk-Kino

Reply to Zenigundam - Message ID#: 52754402

would be more effective, if I actually felt all that. :smileyindifferent:

Loser.

Haunted Hay Ride

[ Edited ]

Reply to Dusk-Kino - Message ID#: 52754520

Dude Back to the original idea i think that we should definitely bring back shows like Rurouni Kenshin, One piece, Gundam, DBZ, and the classics like outlaw star. Message if you remember. They may be old, but compared to the stuff kids watch now adays, its god. No lie. And no one in their right mind can deny the ownageness of these vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4b1E5qlWGA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP-ugoF-www

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn07fy0ECus&feature=PlayList&p=1E2
9F5DB6E52F717&playnext_from=PL&play...

Now a final quote from the second video's commentors: Back when cartoons didnt treat kids like idiots as they do today, back when we were taught great messages, even from this 2 minuet tv ad. this still gives me goosebumps. i feel sorry for kids today, because this was the golden age of cartoons. we had plot lines, we had action, we had drama, we had characters, storys. now all we have is shows enabling ADD. toonami was truely one of the greatest programing blocks ever aired. Bang!- I couldnt have said it better

Message Edited by brotherhoodoftom on 05-27-2010 10:35 PM
Bone-ified Ghoul
CorbeauKarasu

don't post any 90s videos? are you crazy, the 90s had some killer stuff.

in any case, Toonami lives on with me because I've pretty much got their whole badass lineup on DVD now.

Je Suis Faucon
Azure Knight
Zombie Slayer
FuturisticZenigundam

[ Edited ]

Reply to CorbeauKarasu - Message ID#: 54506805

CorbeauKarasu wrote:

don't post any 90s videos? are you crazy, the 90s had some killer stuff.

in any case, Toonami lives on with me because I've pretty much got their whole badass lineup on DVD now.

Ok my bad, post ANY Toonami videos. As long as they are pre-2003. 

90s Toonami was the best. Those are some of my earliest TV memories. Watching Sailor Moon, Thundercats, Voltron, Robotech and Jonny Quest over the summer. And then tuning into Batman and Swat Kats from 6-7 right after Toonami finished! Cartoon Network was the best channel on Earth back then. 

The only cartoons I legitimately hated from Toonami were Reboot, Gundam Wing, Tenchi Muyo (all of them) and Zoids (the first one) And also DragonBall Z after the Frieza Saga (the Saiyan, Namek and Frieza Sagas were awesome) and Yu Yu Hakusho cause I hated how they took out all the cursing and blood that was there when it was on Adult Swim. And I also hated all the cartoons they played starting Transformers Armada and He-Man and everything afterwards (Gundam Seed, Naruto, One Piece, etc) 

They were all crapy 

I think I've said that like a million times..... 

Message Edited by FuturisticZenigundam on 05-29-2010 01:08 PM
I come from the year 2584. It's a world different from this one. It's a world ruled by Zenigundam.
Mysterious Ooze
dietsoda

Reply to brotherhoodoftom - Message ID#: 54490251

I love me some Rurouni Kenshin... If AS put that back on, that would be freaking sweet...
Fosho.... :smileyhappy:

Rise above the weights that hold us captive

Mysterious Ooze
edichgolight

Reply to dietsoda - Message ID#: 54508490

dietsoda wrote:
I love me some Rurouni Kenshin... If AS put that back on, that would be freaking sweet...

That would be cool. but is it really [as] material?

they should at least bring back one piece. they stopped it before

the good stuff aired. 

"TINY MINISKIRTS"
-Roy Mustang at his greatest

"I hate violence"
-Shizuo Heiwajima (Durarara)
Mysterious Ooze
Duo-Yuy

Reply to edichgolight - Message ID#: 54522391

If they did it bi weekly on Saturday, Midnight Run, style that would be sweet.
PSN Crossbone-F93
Aunt Norma's Urn
-SparkimusPrime-

Reply to CorbeauKarasu - Message ID#: 54506805

CorbeauKarasu wrote:

Me too.  Got most of it from DBZ and Gundam Wing to Outlaw Star and Yu Yu Hakusho.

I also downloaded almost everthing on Toonami Arsenal which is a totally rad site that has like every piece of production that was ever aired aboard the legendary Absolution.

ONLY TOONAMI!!!
Face in the Mirror
Xanryu

Reply to -SparkimusPrime- - Message ID#: 54523928

I know Im alittle late on replying to any topics that remotely spark my intrest,
but reguardless I do believe Adult Swim should pull their head out of their **unce** and really start
to understand what sort of line-up they can have that will bring in the steadiest flow of people.
I know I might be contradicting myself with that but really,
I know theres alot of anime-fans out there that would tune into Adult-swim's anime line-up quicker then some idiot would
to er,well let's say the 'Tim&Eric' show,god forbid.
Now,don't get me wrong I love Aqua team hunger force,family guy,american dad and King of the hill.
but thats because they havent stooped to the stupidity like the others have.
[considering king of the hill is just a bunch of reruns half of the time I think it's immune,same goes for family guy,it's tasteful stupidity]
Anyways,Adult swim should stop being so **unce** negitive to the Anime-lover's intrests and really start 'taking one for the team' and listening to the viewers,instead of just disreguarding them.
Everything adds up to good numbers in the long-run,I even got a few people at my school a couple years ago to start liking anime too which considering where I live is one 'hell of a surprise'
[As] needs to bring back their Anime Line-up,and stop plauging our minds with their current peice of **unce** line-up full of dry-humor,crude jokes and overall crock-pot of bad-animation/dialog/story-line.
If all you 'Anime-haters' out there sat down and compared it to the **unce** they have on now,
im sure you'd be damned surprised,and maybe actually understand what 'quality cartooning' is.
~+::God Of The New World::+~
Aunt Norma's Urn
-SparkimusPrime-

Reply to Xanryu - Message ID#: 54524164

I hear ya.  Your point is one that has been made over and over again, however it is a point that will fall on deaf ears.  Don't let adult swim's attitude get to you because nothing can come from that outside of aggrevation.  I've accepted that [as] has evolved into something different than what first got me hooked.  I think things were better back in the day, but ill take what I can get these days. 

Perhaps things will change at CN now that there are new names in the action cartoon business.  If Nick and Disney do well with DBZ Kai and Naruto then perhaps those at Turner will rethink their anti-anime stance.  Maybe then Toonami will rise from the ashes to reclaim its place as the first and best in anime.  Until then we can only keep the faith and not let the haters get to us.

We should also resist the urge to become haters ourselves. 

ONLY TOONAMI!!!
Face in the Mirror
Xanryu

Reply to -SparkimusPrime- - Message ID#: 54524413

Their attitude isn't what's really getting me irritated.

It's just the overall look/stance at anime in general

[I guess that's considered 'attitude then']

if they put out the good titles then their going to get a better rating then what they have now.

[Correct me if im wrong,with a valid reason.]

I don't know, I don't see why we've got these [anti-anime]

people out there,I mean please tell me what makes that **unce** their airing now better then anime.

Im an artist at [www.deviantart.com] and theres TONS of clubs and groups devoted to anime/cosplaying/larping...they even made a seperate photography column just for the cosplayers.

Not to mention the anime art is just beautiful,it really tells a story and hits people with diffrent emotions.

Im no damned Otaku type,I just really understand anime for what it's worth..it's not just there to watch,you can learn diffrent things from it too and at some point,you can start to understand the ways people act,you hear 'tasteful' humor and well you wanna keep coming back every night just knowing a new anime episode is going to be on,and wondering what the lead characters are going to do next,and whats going to happen in general. Thats what happened with me and Code Geasse,I've NEVER liked Mech-based Animes but once this came along..I watched it everyday and even after the last episode when they started replaying it [As needs to stop doing that...] 

Anime keeps the viewer coming back for more,theres a market on this stuff.

And not the stupid **unce** they come up with for the half-assed cartoons they have on now.

I don't care about disney,because quite frankly their going to slaughter Anime in general,considering it's gotta be 'kid-friendly'

they even censored out Deidara [from naruto] choking tobi with his legs in one episode.

They couldnt bring any good anime's in because quite frankly,

And all those disney 'stars' would get pissed off about the lack of 'screen-time'.

~+::God Of The New World::+~
Mysterious Ooze
dietsoda

Reply to edichgolight - Message ID#: 54522391

edichgolight wrote:

dietsoda wrote:

the good stuff aired. 

Well... They have been playing Inuyasha since atleast 2004... (maybe longer) So, why not...  Is Baby Blues AS material? ...

Fosho.... :smileyhappy:

Rise above the weights that hold us captive

Mysterious Ooze
edichgolight

Reply to dietsoda - Message ID#: 54525549

dietsoda wrote:

edichgolight wrote:

dietsoda wrote:

the good stuff aired. 

Well... They have been playing Inuyasha since atleast 2004... (maybe longer) So, why not...  Is Baby Blues AS material? ...

well, rurouni kenshin isn't as violent as many people think it is. it is, but not

on the same level as fma or inuyasha (which is surprisingly violent). baby blues is

a comedy, so i don't know much about that.

"TINY MINISKIRTS"

"I hate violence"
Zombie Slayer
TheMystery008

Reply to edichgolight - Message ID#: 54527578

I don't think Toonami will ever come back. But, it could be revived as a whole new different Block.

"If that King doesn't move, then his subjects won' follow."

Mysterious Ooze
edichgolight

Reply to TheMystery008 - Message ID#: 54529340

that is the most likely possiblity. toonami was shut down for

financial reasons, so maybe when CN is doing better,

they'll create a new block.

"TINY MINISKIRTS"

"I hate violence"