Reply
Swimperfect
Wipelash
Posts: 674
Registered: ‎06-17-2009

Grand Theft auto 4: worst game ever

I cant believe they made a game this bad. You cant buy property you cant customize cars or hardly customize your character. theres only like 4 or 5 cloth stores theres only 3 or 4 safehouses and in the expansions you cant change cloths at all. They re edited two expansions over the original game just to ensure a maximum number of **grok** glitches, on every GTA game you always had a cheat list 4 to 5 pages just in **grok** codes not including hints and tips, now you get about 8 that actually work for any one of them the expansions or the original.

 

I truly hope this is the game that brings down there franchise, and yes its really that bad do not buy this load of **grok** pile of fuuuuuudgein garbage.

 

NO GUNS

NO CARS

NO PLAINS

NO JETPACK

NO PARACHUTE

NO CHEATS

NO SIDE MISSIONS        BESIDES CAB AND THEY **grok**            CANT BE A FIREFIGHT FOR A MIN OR AN AMBULENCE DRIVER WTF

NO BUYABLE PROPERTY

NOTHING TO SPEND MONEY ON

NO FUN

 

 

I got more i just want to see what some people say first.

SwimStar
dr_gonzo
Posts: 5,934
Registered: ‎06-25-2003
0

Re: Grand Theft auto 4: worst game ever

Reply to Wipelash - Message ID#: 58638900

 


Wipelash wrote:

I cant believe they made a game this bad. indeed You cant buy property you cant customize cars or hardly customize your character. theres only like 4 or 5 cloth stores theres only 3 or 4 safehouses and in the expansions you cant change cloths at all yes you can. at least in ballad of gay tony but you're right about lost and dammed. They re edited two expansions over the original game just to ensure a maximum number of **grok** glitches well, they are expansions, not new games, on every GTA game you always had a cheat list 4 to 5 pages just in **grok** codes not including hints and tips, now you get about 8 that actually work for any one of them the expansions or the original. i'm not sure what you mean. ballad of gay tony added cheat codes. and i'm not aware of any cheat codes that don't work.

 

I truly hope this is the game that brings down there franchise, and yes its really that bad do not buy this load of **grok** pile of fuuuuuudgein garbage.

 

NO GUNS whut?

NO CARS whut?

NO PLAINS yes, it's very hilly. kidding.

NO JETPACK

NO PARACHUTE

NO CHEATS not as many no

NO SIDE MISSIONS        BESIDES CAB AND THEY **grok**   and the cop side missions  CANT BE A FIREFIGHT FOR A MIN OR AN AMBULENCE DRIVER WTF

NO BUYABLE PROPERTY

NOTHING TO SPEND MONEY ON you can buy guns.

NO FUN very true.

 

 

I got more i just want to see what some people say first.


look, i have no love for gta 4, but i just wanted to correct some of your misconceptions. and i would kill for a peds riot and peds have guns cheat.

 

One toke over the line
SwimLegend
HonorableCloud
Posts: 23,634
Registered: ‎06-16-2005

Re: Grand Theft auto 4: worst game ever

Reply to Wipelash - Message ID#: 58638900

Eh, I enjoyed it. San Andreas is better, though.

These are real men doing real things.
SwimHotshot
Unaga
Posts: 7,282
Registered: ‎04-21-2008
0

Re: Grand Theft auto 4: worst game ever

Reply to Wipelash - Message ID#: 58638900

Actually, I think I consider GTA 4 one of the best. 

I believe Rockstar was trying to simplify a game, that was before..retardedly free.

I mean, San Andreas really was just outrageous.

 

Interesting Characters + Multiplayer = Awesome

SwimGuru
40_feet_below
Posts: 13,418
Registered: ‎11-27-2004
0

Re: Grand Theft auto 4: worst game ever

Reply to Unaga - Message ID#: 58645834

GTA 4 is definitely the weakest of the last wave of GTA games. After getting to build your criminal empires from scratch and cement them in Vice City and San Andreas, staying as a stooge for the mob for the entire game is completely uncompelling. I get the whole "cinematic" approach, but why not just make a movie, you know?

That said, a bad GTA game is still better than 95% of games out there.
"This world ain't nothing but bad news and the pills that go with it, and here you've got a girl who's thinkin' about your Christmas presents in March."

-Ray, Achewood
Order of the Derp
_Star_Wolf_
Posts: 55,366
Registered: ‎05-04-2009
0

Re: Grand Theft auto 4: worst game ever

Reply to 40_feet_below - Message ID#: 58646864

 


40_feet_below wrote:
GTA 4 is definitely the weakest of the last wave of GTA games. After getting to build your criminal empires from scratch and cement them in Vice City and San Andreas, staying as a stooge for the mob for the entire game is completely uncompelling. I get the whole "cinematic" approach, but why not just make a movie, you know?

That said, a bad GTA game is still better than 95% of games out there.

 

It's basically just 3 ....sort of :smileyindifferent:

 

 

SwimFan
koohhsif
Posts: 728
Registered: ‎12-29-2010
0

Re: Grand Theft auto 4: worst game ever

Reply to HonorableCloud - Message ID#: 58640694

san andreas is the best , and the only game i play regularly....

i've beaten it i don't know how many times , so many times that i've cleaned my full memory card at least 8 or 10 times , and i'll start over and fill it up again....

this is what me and my friends do....

we try to get everything that's unlocked before we ever start the first mission , you know , "in the beginning" , we'll go and do everything , we'll even steal planes and drop into fierro and venturas to get every photo and horseshoe with 4 stars....

i've even done the nrg challenge in fierro with 4 stars , and the chilead challenge with 4 stars....

or , we'll do all the stunt challenges like they have on the youtube , you know , where you do near impossible bike stunts , where ya land on tops of cranes and buildings and all kinds of stuff....

stuff kinda like this....

but we weren't as good at it....

i mean , i couldn't get some of those rad grinds....

wait , what was this rant about?....

oh yeah , i'm pioughd that my original san andreas disc is ruined , and all the new ones have the killer glitches removed , so that you can't fly out over the ocean to open up expanded gang territories anymore!!....

my main name is fishhook....

SwimFan
TinyCatgirl
Posts: 883
Registered: ‎04-04-2010
0

Re: Grand Theft auto 4: worst game ever

Reply to Wipelash - Message ID#: 58638900

If you did not  like GTA 4 try playing Just Cause 2 it is more like GTA:smileyfrustrated:A then GTA 4 is. 

♥♥♥Adam Savage♥♥♥

I object your reality and substitute my own.

 

Tea Party

SwimSuperfan
CronoT
Posts: 2,384
Registered: ‎03-15-2004
0

Re: Grand Theft auto 4: worst game ever

Reply to Wipelash - Message ID#: 58638900

I've never liked 'Scarface worship' games, and I never will.

 

At least with the first few it was cartoonishly stupid. Vice City at least had Miami Vice as a template to use and simultaneously mock. Movie Bob had some amusing ideas about how to use the franchise and run in some interesting directions, but I doubt it would ever be implemented.

The_Entertainer wrote:
The republicans couldn't find a black guy, so they took the next logical step and outsourced the job to New Delhi.

EPIC WIN!!!
Swimmortal
westpark
Posts: 59,269
Registered: ‎10-26-2005
0

Re: Grand Theft auto 4: worst game ever

Reply to Wipelash - Message ID#: 58638900

No cheats?

 

That was kinda the whole pt. of the first 3 no?

 

For the record i've never played no. 4 so i have no clue one way or the other.

WESTPARK THE KING OF ASMB

"westpark ran a train on this thread" - Stilgar

"Every woman needs a good slap now & again." - Sir Sean Connery
SwimFan
TinyCatgirl
Posts: 883
Registered: ‎04-04-2010
0

Re: Grand Theft auto 4: worst game ever

Reply to westpark - Message ID#: 58852672

there is cheats you have to dial a number on your cellphone in the game to cheat. it is not down down left right L1 R1 triangle squere circle.  hell the cheats in GTA IV are easer to pull off in  the GTA III games

♥♥♥Adam Savage♥♥♥

I object your reality and substitute my own.

 

Tea Party

SwimDemon
fishhook
Posts: 666
Registered: ‎03-20-2008
0

Re: Grand Theft auto 4: worst game ever

Reply to westpark - Message ID#: 58852672


westpark wrote:

No cheats?


i haven't used a cheat since overuse fried my original 2004 copy of san andreas....

ever since then , cheats have been banned in my house....

and the new revised greatest hits version that i have now has all the bugs removed from it....

so now i can't fly out over the ocean and expand my gang territories....

that was the best part!....

being able to do gangbanging in fiero and venturas , not to mention being in the middle of the badlands , and jacking a balla's car to start a gangwar started....

my alt name is koohhsif....

Order of the Derp
_Star_Wolf_
Posts: 55,366
Registered: ‎05-04-2009
0

Re: Grand Theft auto 4: worst game ever

Reply to fishhook - Message ID#: 58853262

 


fishhook wrote:

westpark wrote:

No cheats?


i haven't used a cheat since overuse fried my original 2004 copy of san andreas....

ever since then , cheats have been banned in my house....

and the new revised greatest hits version that i have now has all the bugs removed from it....

so now i can't fly out over the ocean and expand my gang territories....

that was the best part!....

being able to do gangbanging in fiero and venturas , not to mention being in the middle of the badlands , and jacking a balla's car to start a gangwar started....


 

I remember doing that.

One night me and my friends got bored and wanted to see how far it'd let us go so we just kept going until we were too lazy to fly all the way back so we drowned ourselves instead.

Whole map was suddenly green/purple/yellow and we're like "LOLWUT"

SwimFan
TinyCatgirl
Posts: 883
Registered: ‎04-04-2010
0

Re: Grand Theft auto 4: worst game ever

[ Edited ]

Reply to fishhook - Message ID#: 58853262

 


fishhook wrote:

westpark wrote:

No cheats?


i haven't used a cheat since overuse fried my original 2004 copy of san andreas....

ever since then , cheats have been banned in my house....

and the new revised greatest hits version that i have now has all the bugs removed from it....

so now i can't fly out over the ocean and expand my gang territories....

that was the best part!....

being able to do gangbanging in fiero and venturas , not to mention being in the middle of the badlands , and jacking a balla's car to start a gangwar started....


HAY HOT COFFIE WAS NOT A BUG IT WAS CONTENT REMOVED FROM THE GAME BECAUSE OF CORPORATE CONTROL!

 

♥♥♥Adam Savage♥♥♥

I object your reality and substitute my own.

 

Tea Party

SwimHotshot
Mj?llnir
Posts: 8,586
Registered: ‎12-11-2008
0

Re: Grand Theft auto 4: worst game ever

Reply to koohhsif - Message ID#: 58650094

There was this BMX mission in San Andreas that I tried forever to pass but I just gave up.  It was up in the mountains.

Order of the Derp
_Star_Wolf_
Posts: 55,366
Registered: ‎05-04-2009
0

Re: Grand Theft auto 4: worst game ever

Reply to TinyCatgirl - Message ID#: 58860624

 


TinyCatgirl wrote:

 


fishhook wrote:

westpark wrote:

No cheats?


i haven't used a cheat since overuse fried my original 2004 copy of san andreas....

ever since then , cheats have been banned in my house....

and the new revised greatest hits version that i have now has all the bugs removed from it....

so now i can't fly out over the ocean and expand my gang territories....

that was the best part!....

being able to do gangbanging in fiero and venturas , not to mention being in the middle of the badlands , and jacking a balla's car to start a gangwar started....


HAY HOT COFFIE WAS NOT A BUG IT WAS CONTENT REMOVED FROM THE GAME BECAUSE OF CORPORATE CONTROL!

 


 

What's hilarious is the ESRB knew about it the whole time, and admitted to it in an interview. They waited to **grok** and give it the AO rating until someone did the mod, but they apparently knew it could (nd of course would) happen.

 

 

Swimperfect
Wipelash
Posts: 674
Registered: ‎06-17-2009
0

Re: Grand Theft auto 4: worst game ever

Reply to TinyCatgirl - Message ID#: 58853150


TinyCatgirl wrote:

there is cheats you have to dial a number on your cellphone in the game to cheat. it is not down down left right L1 R1 triangle squere circle.  hell the cheats in GTA IV are easer to pull off in  the GTA III games


Yea I know I was just mad when I wrote that but still I hear with the addons only certain cheats cary over and if you go to most cheat sites they list all of the cheats in one list including the addons cheats so when you enter those in they really dont work.

 

I miss SA best game ever, Saints Row is good but its no were near as good as SA.

 

 

One more thing *Spoiler* dont read if you dont have the addons whats with the digital pen nis it says nudity but I didnt think it was that kind of nudity all well.

SwimDemon
fishhook
Posts: 666
Registered: ‎03-20-2008
0

Re: Grand Theft auto 4: worst game ever

Reply to _Star_Wolf_ - Message ID#: 58858420


_Star_Wolf_ wrote:

 


fishhook wrote:

westpark wrote:

No cheats?


i haven't used a cheat since overuse fried my original 2004 copy of san andreas....

ever since then , cheats have been banned in my house....

and the new revised greatest hits version that i have now has all the bugs removed from it....

so now i can't fly out over the ocean and expand my gang territories....

that was the best part!....

being able to do gangbanging in fiero and venturas , not to mention being in the middle of the badlands , and jacking a balla's car to start a gangwar started....


 

I remember doing that.

One night me and my friends got bored and wanted to see how far it'd let us go so we just kept going until we were too lazy to fly all the way back so we drowned ourselves instead.

Whole map was suddenly green/purple/yellow and we're like "LOLWUT"


yeah!....that's what i'm talking about!!....

i think it's like  atwo hour flight to expand the whole map....

i also believe that if you go out from the diferent corners of the map , i.e. , northwest , northeast , southwest , and southeast , they give different gangs different territories....

like , one direction will give fierro to vagos , but another direction will give fierro to the ballas....

also , i may be wrong about this , but i think i remember reading somewhere that there were meant to be more than just the vagos and ballas that grove street was meant to go to war with....

i think the game writers meant for you to be able to go to war with cesar's gang , and the mafia , and the bikers as well....

oh , and the two asian gangs from fierro too....

my alt name is koohhsif....

SwimSuperfan
AgentZ12the2nd
Posts: 3,187
Registered: ‎03-13-2009
0

Re: Grand Theft auto 4: worst game ever

Reply to fishhook - Message ID#: 59531224

I loved doing that! And that excellent feeling of saticfaction you get when you finally take over every single territory. Too bad my old copy died on me years ago and I got the stupid bug-free version.

Dethklok Roadie #500 [Male]

Red Tie Coven Member #19 - Z-12 - Klokateer Commander and Temporary RTC Leader and Manager

Founder of The Klokateers Guild - Klokateer #1 - Supreme Commander of All Klokateers

PSN: ZTwelve - Xbox Live: DethDealer12
SwimFan
TinyCatgirl
Posts: 883
Registered: ‎04-04-2010
0

Re: Grand Theft auto 4: worst game ever

Reply to Wipelash - Message ID#: 59473972

 


Wipelash wrote:

TinyCatgirl wrote:

there is cheats you have to dial a number on your cellphone in the game to cheat. it is not down down left right L1 R1 triangle squere circle.  hell the cheats in GTA IV are easer to pull off in  the GTA III games


Yea I know I was just mad when I wrote that but still I hear with the addons only certain cheats cary over and if you go to most cheat sites they list all of the cheats in one list including the addons cheats so when you enter those in they really dont work.

 

I miss SA best game ever, Saints Row is good but its no were near as good as SA.

 

 

One more thing *Spoiler* dont read if you dont have the addons whats with the digital pen nis it says nudity but I didnt think it was that kind of nudity all well.


May I suggest Just Cause 2? I think it is better then GTA:smileyfrustrated:A and it is just as big. Just Cause 2 Is like a explosian fest 

 

♥♥♥Adam Savage♥♥♥

I object your reality and substitute my own.

 

Tea Party

SwimSuperfan
AgentZ12the2nd
Posts: 3,187
Registered: ‎03-13-2009
0

Re: Grand Theft auto 4: worst game ever

Reply to TinyCatgirl - Message ID#: 59551150

 


TinyCatgirl wrote:

 


Wipelash wrote:

TinyCatgirl wrote:

there is cheats you have to dial a number on your cellphone in the game to cheat. it is not down down left right L1 R1 triangle squere circle.  hell the cheats in GTA IV are easer to pull off in  the GTA III games


Yea I know I was just mad when I wrote that but still I hear with the addons only certain cheats cary over and if you go to most cheat sites they list all of the cheats in one list including the addons cheats so when you enter those in they really dont work.

 

I miss SA best game ever, Saints Row is good but its no were near as good as SA.

 

 

One more thing *Spoiler* dont read if you dont have the addons whats with the digital pen nis it says nudity but I didnt think it was that kind of nudity all well.


May I suggest Just Cause 2? I think it is better then GTA:smileyfrustrated:A and it is just as big. Just Cause 2 Is like a explosian fest 

 


I second that.

 

Dethklok Roadie #500 [Male]

Red Tie Coven Member #19 - Z-12 - Klokateer Commander and Temporary RTC Leader and Manager

Founder of The Klokateers Guild - Klokateer #1 - Supreme Commander of All Klokateers

PSN: ZTwelve - Xbox Live: DethDealer12
Order of the Derp
_Star_Wolf_
Posts: 55,366
Registered: ‎05-04-2009
0

Re: Grand Theft auto 4: worst game ever

Reply to fishhook - Message ID#: 59531224

 


fishhook wrote:

_Star_Wolf_ wrote:

 


fishhook wrote:

westpark wrote:

No cheats?


i haven't used a cheat since overuse fried my original 2004 copy of san andreas....

ever since then , cheats have been banned in my house....

and the new revised greatest hits version that i have now has all the bugs removed from it....

so now i can't fly out over the ocean and expand my gang territories....

that was the best part!....

being able to do gangbanging in fiero and venturas , not to mention being in the middle of the badlands , and jacking a balla's car to start a gangwar started....


 

I remember doing that.

One night me and my friends got bored and wanted to see how far it'd let us go so we just kept going until we were too lazy to fly all the way back so we drowned ourselves instead.

Whole map was suddenly green/purple/yellow and we're like "LOLWUT"


yeah!....that's what i'm talking about!!....

i think it's like  atwo hour flight to expand the whole map....

i also believe that if you go out from the diferent corners of the map , i.e. , northwest , northeast , southwest , and southeast , they give different gangs different territories....

like , one direction will give fierro to vagos , but another direction will give fierro to the ballas....

also , i may be wrong about this , but i think i remember reading somewhere that there were meant to be more than just the vagos and ballas that grove street was meant to go to war with....

i think the game writers meant for you to be able to go to war with cesar's gang , and the mafia , and the bikers as well....

oh , and the two asian gangs from fierro too....


 

I think so too. They changed a lot before releasin the game.

well, that always happens with anything.

Still think they shoulda kept some things though.

SwimSuperfan
conektionz_
Posts: 2,959
Registered: ‎10-24-2005
0

Re: Grand Theft auto 4: worst game ever

Reply to _Star_Wolf_ - Message ID#: 59559086

The story line on 4 never had much appeal to me. I think the older story lines like San Andreas, 3, Or Vice City were much more interesting.
xbl : smokeNpaint / Steam : Liquid_swords
SwimDemon
fishhook
Posts: 666
Registered: ‎03-20-2008
0

Re: Grand Theft auto 4: worst game ever

Reply to AgentZ12the2nd - Message ID#: 59550106


AgentZ12the2nd wrote:

I loved doing that! And that excellent feeling of saticfaction you get when you finally take over every single territory. Too bad my old copy died on me years ago and I got the stupid bug-free version.


 

 

so...does nobody have the old version they'd be willing to part with , for say , $25-$30?....cash money....

my alt name is koohhsif....

SwimSuperfan
AgentZ12the2nd
Posts: 3,187
Registered: ‎03-13-2009
0

Re: Grand Theft auto 4: worst game ever

Reply to fishhook - Message ID#: 59687334

Have you tried Ebay or Amazon? I'm sure you'd probably have better luck there than here.

Dethklok Roadie #500 [Male]

Red Tie Coven Member #19 - Z-12 - Klokateer Commander and Temporary RTC Leader and Manager

Founder of The Klokateers Guild - Klokateer #1 - Supreme Commander of All Klokateers

PSN: ZTwelve - Xbox Live: DethDealer12