SwimStar
Edward_33

I HATE online job applications!

I have a number of reasons why I hate them, but here's a new one.

I filled out an application for Sam Goody, through unicru which I don't care for either. I'm tired of answering the same exact 35 or so questions over and over.

Anyways so I fill it out... Today I was going to call to follow up and see if I can schedule an interview. Sam Goody wasn't in the yellow pages... Or the white pages for that matter... I looked and looked.

Then I call 411. No listing comes up... So I get the number to the mall it's at... I call the mall, they say there is no Sam Goody there....

I could've sworn I saw one there! Either way I freakin' applied there so how does it not exist?!? I even look it up online, it says it's there and there's even a number! Hooray! I call the number and.... some dou**ebag who sounds hungover and is probably overpaid says "You've reached blah blah blah leave a message after the beep..."   T_T    >_____<   AAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

So apparently I applied to work at a place that doesn't even exist... Great. What a grand waste of time. 

SwimStar
nuthuggers22

Re: I HATE online job applications!

Reply to Edward_33 - Message ID#: 45923622

Oh retail.... Welcome to the 13th grade.  If you went to college you are taking a step down in the educational standard..
Bring it back......FUND IT !!!!
SwimStar
Edward_33

Reply to nuthuggers22 - Message ID#: 45923647

I just need a part time job while I go to school, nothing spectular.

My last job was a spectacular office job and I hated it.

Anyways I have to go right now. Dammit. Laters all. 

Swimfamous
gfish

In the future, when accepting a job offer you have to fill out a dozen forms at least, each asking you the same 90 questions you've answered over the seven weeks it took for them to hire you.
Abdul Alhazred is my role model [ faq 2.0 | anime 101 | my blogging experiment ]
Swimpossible
SPQR43

Never ever fill out applications for jobs on line. Not only will you experience what you did today every time,you will also find out if you actually go to the place and ask for a application then turn it in you might just get the job they were looking to fill.

Get up in the morning take a shower and brush your teeth get dressed and go. THAT is the best way to land a job.

All of a sudden there is nothing to say.So I will not say it. Never mention it again and it will be the subject that we keep quiet about.
Keep it in memory but remember nonetheless.
SwimIcon
BebopGurl1

Reply to SPQR43 - Message ID#: 45932546

SPQR43 wrote:

Never ever fill out applications for jobs on line. Not only will you experience what you did today every time,you will also find out if you actually go to the place and ask for a application then turn it in you might just get the job they were looking to fill.

Get up in the morning take a shower and brush your teeth get dressed and go. THAT is the best way to land a job.

Funny that you say that. While it holds truth for SOME jobs, the rest will turn you right the hell back around with either a card leading to an application page, or say "go online and fill out the form...." Even some of the better paying jobs are getting lazy and are requesting that prospective employers go to job sites and apply that way. So really, you can sit down and count the jobs where you can get up and go to for an instant application. Besides, you don't know the struggle of the person trying to get the job. Those questions are incredibly monotonous and it can be frustrating to keep answering them over and over.

Swimpossible
SPQR43

Reply to BebopGurl1 - Message ID#: 45936721

Usually the person refering you to go to the website to apply is just a minimum wage cog a**bite manning the phones. Look at tags if people are wearing them or go directly to the office like a social call.

In this age of computers people have lost the skill of face time.Or are just too lazy to do the task.And I do know the struggle.My woman just went thru sixteen months of temp h*ll until she landed a job where someone kept her after the time was done. I know what it is like to pay bills X2 rent X2 cell phone X2 (mine AND hers) and almost loose the house pick what bills to pay etc etc etc.....

All of a sudden there is nothing to say.So I will not say it. Never mention it again and it will be the subject that we keep quiet about.
Keep it in memory but remember nonetheless.
Order of the Kitty
Swordfish_II

You're detail oriented:

• Strongly Agree
  • Slightly Agree
  • Neither Agree nor Disagree
  • Slightly Disagree
  • Strongly Disagree
*answered 123 questions for Office Depot today* @_@
Ceci n'est pas une sig.
AIM | YIM | My Video Game Collection | My DVD Collection
SwimIcon
rpgamer

Reply to Swordfish_II - Message ID#: 45942139

Swordfish_II wrote:

You're detail oriented:

• Strongly Agree
  • Slightly Agree
  • Neither Agree nor Disagree
  • Slightly Disagree
  • Strongly Disagree
*answered 123 questions for Office Depot today* @_@
My favorite: "It infuriates you when the court system lets guilty people go free."

Real answer: "Don't give a d
amn.
They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it?
Order of the Kitty
Swordfish_II

Reply to rpgamer - Message ID#: 45943454

:smileyvery-happy: I love that one.
Ceci n'est pas une sig.
AIM | YIM | My Video Game Collection | My DVD Collection
SwimNerd
Nichiren

Those are definite the worst especially when you go into the store just wanting an application and they tell you "we only have our applications online, just go to www..."

I guess that's just so it's easier to manage them though, but I still hate them.

"Crying for pleasure in public is fun, especially when you're having sex" -TheHypnoToad

SwimStar
DelXForce

Reply to Nichiren - Message ID#: 47398335

Everything seems to be done online these days.  College applications, graduate application, grant application, blah blah blah blah.  And I wonder why it is so dam hard to get a real person on the phone for anything.

When did we start hating each other so much that we can't even stand to interact with each other for basic services?  

There are trivial truths and there are great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true. -Neils Bohr
Swimfamous
capt_taco

You should count yourself lucky you didn't get the job. One time I filled out an online application that said it was for Circuit City, but when I got there it turned out to be for a snuff film.

"An empty victory is a victory nonetheless."
SwimIcon
rpgamer

Reply to capt_taco - Message ID#: 47400467

capt_taco wrote:

You should count yourself lucky you didn't get the job. One time I filled out an online application that said it was for Circuit City, but when I got there it turned out to be for a snuff film.

And you were disappointed?

Del: We've always hated each other. The only difference now is we have the internet capabilities to avoid nearly all human contact.
They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it?
SwimNerd
Nichiren

Reply to DelXForce - Message ID#: 47398620

DelXForce wrote:

Everything seems to be done online these days.  College applications, graduate application, grant application, blah blah blah blah.  And I wonder why it is so dam hard to get a real person on the phone for anything.

When did we start hating each other so much that we can't even stand to interact with each other for basic services?  

Yeah really I've tried to apply by phone because I wanted to talk to someone at a job but apparently it's impossible to talk to anyone other than the machine, but I did manage to reach someone who then pointed me to the website.  "you can apply online or over the phone" no you can't you can only apply online, and the phone anymore is the biggest hassle ever.

"Crying for pleasure in public is fun, especially when you're having sex" -TheHypnoToad

Swimfamous
capt_taco

Reply to rpgamer - Message ID#: 47401090

rpgamer wrote:

capt_taco wrote:

And you were disappointed?

No, it was to be in the snuff film. Although admittedly, I lied on my application and said I was a blonde hooker.

"An empty victory is a victory nonetheless."