Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Zombie Slayer
R.I.P._kimi_no_psycho_

Re: Religous BS!!!!

[ Edited ]

Reply to Pozerking - Message ID#: 2797077

No, I don't give a crap. The Roman Catholic Church never even came first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth...in fact, who the hell is putting ordinal numbers in those sects?!

But, that's not the point of my argument. I've already stated it, idiot. Read it again.

Message Edited by _kimi_no_psycho_ on 04-27-2004 07:47 PM

Ghost Doge
gfish

Reply to R.I.P._kimi_no_psycho_ - Message ID#: 2796805

How can you just say not to historical facts?

Its like saying the sky is orange when you can go outside and see its blue. You are right that the groups that became Catholics did originate from the Byzantines who were the civilization that defined Christianity.

The Byzantines were actually a re-named Eastern Roman empire founded by emperor Constantinople who converted to Christianity to win an alliance with the Visagoths and the Astrogoths in very troubled times to defend himself from the Huns. The empire was re-named Byzantine after Rome was sacked.

So their origins go back to the earliest days of Christianity.

The Catholics changed into a religion for the state rather then the religion for the soul as the Orthodox Christians teach it. I'm not denying that they are Christians, but they are not the Christians.

That title belongs to the Orthodoxy.
Abdul Alhazred is my role model [ faq 2.0 | anime 101 | my blogging experiment ]
Mysterious Ooze
Pozerking

Reply to R.I.P._kimi_no_psycho_ - Message ID#: 2797145

your points are invalid, you ramble like a monkey who learned english, HISTORY says that certain things happen in order (like the creation of religions/sects), don't bother responding i've made my point when this thread was a baby.

fuggoff ya'll.

(gfish, you're still a commie)

Not at all. As a matter of fact when I delete these posts, there will be no record of this at all. -Swim_ModBast in a post that "never existed"
I'm the only person who knows the true origins of the lack of 4. Everything else is an urban legend
Ghost Doge
gfish

Reply to Pozerking - Message ID#: 2797259

So I'm still blacklisted?

*takes off shoe and pounds it on the table*

ps: if you wonder why, look up Nikita Krustchev.

Abdul Alhazred is my role model [ faq 2.0 | anime 101 | my blogging experiment ]
Zombie Slayer
R.I.P._kimi_no_psycho_

[ Edited ]

Reply to gfish - Message ID#: 2797206

gfish wrote:

So their origins go back to the earliest days of Christianity.

The Catholics changed into a religion for the state rather then the religion for the soul as the Orthodox Christians teach it. I'm not denying that they are Christians, but they are not the Christians.

That title belongs to the Orthodoxy.

Because it contradicts with what I learned. Why the hell should you be the only person to determine history?

And tell me...

"I'm not denying that they are Christians"

why the hell were arguing with me? Where the hell did I say they were the supreme Christians above all?

What I'm against is the fact that you're denying the Christian nature of Catholicism. You're denying Catholics Christian status through history and sect difference, rather than basic criteria to be Christian.

Message Edited by _kimi_no_psycho_ on 04-27-2004 07:55 PM

Message Edited by _kimi_no_psycho_ on 04-27-2004 07:58 PM

Zombie Slayer
R.I.P._kimi_no_psycho_

Reply to Pozerking - Message ID#: 2797259

Pozerking wrote:
your points are invalid, you ramble like a monkey who learned english, HISTORY says that certain things happen in order (like the creation of religions/sects), don't bother responding i've made my point when this thread was a baby.

fuggoff ya'll.

(gfish, you're still a commie)

Duh...thanks for making an obvious point, genius. But, you obviously are posting just to be antagonistic.

I disregarded that history because it contradicts of how I learned how history ordered itself. I will not have history determine by one person.

Mysterious Ooze
Pozerking

Reply to R.I.P._kimi_no_psycho_ - Message ID#: 2797406

wow...okay.  so...wow.  i really have nothing to say to that.

gfish, enjoy the crazy person. 

"i  disregarded that history because it contradicts of how I learned how history ordered itself."

...wow...

Not at all. As a matter of fact when I delete these posts, there will be no record of this at all. -Swim_ModBast in a post that "never existed"
I'm the only person who knows the true origins of the lack of 4. Everything else is an urban legend
Scaredy Cat
R.I.P.Alauren_The_Eternal

Reply to R.I.P._kimi_no_psycho_ - Message ID#: 2797406

What this makes no sense! You are disregarding historical fact in place of your personal beliefs? Even I will not do that!

Take a history class.

Zombie Slayer
R.I.P._kimi_no_psycho_

[ Edited ]

Reply to R.I.P.Alauren_The_Eternal - Message ID#: 2798245

I never said it was personal beliefs. If current history is proven wrong in general, I'm not hesitant to change what I know of history. But, what I learned is pretty constant. I've taken several history classes, and I can't totally agree with what he said because some of the order isn't what I learned to be common fact. Besides, I don't have an agenda to twist it.

Message Edited by _kimi_no_psycho_ on 04-27-2004 08:27 PM

Scaredy Cat

Reply to goji2099 - Message ID#: 2791682

goji2099 wrote:
This is for all the people tired of religious people shoving religion at the nonreligious, or those of other religions. This is not an anti christian thread, but that is the group that does it most. You can't escape fact.

How many times have I been told I should enjoy the infinite compassion of **bleep**? Too **bleep** much. Got some **bleep**head saying "I became christian, and I know am happy."

The question I usually ask "How did you become happy." The answer is something like this:

"I used to drink and smoke, have promiscuous sex, but than I was welcomed by the lord"

Diverted the question. HOw did you become happy? How did you become saved. Your offering me eternal happiness. Tell me how it works.

more bs about finding **bleep**.

Usually this happens at county fairs, and they see my pentagram and get a former pagan to talk to me about the sinful evil things he did and no doubt I was doing. **bleep**, I sacrifice cats? Really? Thats how I celebrate halloween? Wow. I should stop doing that. Wait a second..... I think I would remember something like that. This is obviously somebody who has been forcibly coerced into believing lies.

Oh, they'll tell you stories about how they sinned and became better. How they are happy. but they won't say a **bleep** thing about why they turned to the lord and how he saved them. they just tell you YOU CAN GO TO HELL!!!! You know? Its all about you be like us, or you will rot in hell. How about tell me something about this heaven of yours.

"Well, I can tell you if you don't go there you will go to hell, where you will suffer for all eternity."

At this point, I would tell somebody (this is based on three similar conversations) "Hail Lucifer almighty" and walk away. It really is hard to be respectful to these people.

I am going to bring this back on track.

All religions be they Wiccan, or Christians. All Atheist, these people tend to hold the belief that they can shove their faith (or non-faith) down their throats and force you to convert or make you believe the way you do. Pagans do it in more passive aggressive manners than Christians or Atheists tend to.

The truth about happiness is that many people will convert looking just for that and will often not experience a life change, they will feel no different about what they believe based on the fact that they search for faith to fill an empty spot that we as people have.

Christians in particular seek to force or coerce you into joining their 'faith' as a method to save you from what they believe to be an eternal torment if you do not believe what they do. This fortunately has caused many people to leave Christianity and become Atheist, Agnostic, or another faith.

Atheists can also be similar in this way, they often seem to be very cynical or bitter toward all people of any faith, believing (and perhaps rightfully so) them to be weak and/or ignorant of the truth of the universe.

I know of no Pagans that would sacrifice a cat for Halloween as it is a holiday that celebrates the day the sun god is captured by the God of Darkness bringing winter. In ancient times this would be a time of feasting and morning the death of the summer months, in fact it is appropriate to burn an apple on this day.

Mysterious Ooze
Pozerking

Reply to R.I.P.Alauren_The_Eternal - Message ID#: 2798803

I would like to point out i don't try to get people to convert...

I just like telling them they're wrong.

Athiests are a strange bunch.  we tend to be very bitter because we feel the need to constantly defend our beliefs.  and the nature of athiesm is that you're alone, making a stance by yourself, so the people often get very aggressive in their own defense.  many athiests become preachy, feeling the need to actively go out and point out how oppressed they are, how the "man" is keeping them down with his constant religious chatter, and other such nonsense.  Athiests tend to be just as bad as any other religion, preach science and reason over faith and "magic".

frankly, i hate being an athiest as much as i hate any other religion.  enjoy my signature at the end of this post, it's perticularly fitting.

Ghost Doge
gfish

Reply to R.I.P._kimi_no_psycho_ - Message ID#: 2797345

_kimi_no_psycho_ wrote:

Because it contradicts with what I learned.

Ever thought someone taught you only one side of the story? When I first started researching pagan cultures, I believed that people progress to monotheism, yet it turns out that the first monotheistic religion in the world was created by the pharaoh Akanaten to destroy the power base of the high priests.

History is different depending on who tells you what.

_kimi_no_psycho_ wrote:

Why the hell should you be the only person to determine history?

If you really think that I'm deternining history and making this up as I go, you are a clinical case. Have you ever taken a history class outside a Catholic school?

Catholics are a different from fo Christianity that took on a different view of the world and became the tool of kings to control their people. That is a historical fact. Everything I said can be verified by history books.

Ignorance is usually bliss, but in your case, its dangerous.

Scaredy Cat

Reply to Pozerking - Message ID#: 2798980

Yes your signature is interesting, I is very pertinent I got a laught from it.

When you are preaching and telling them they are wrong it is just like getting them to convert, you are trying to get them to bend and accept your beliefs as their own.

Atheists in many instances can be worse than the religious majority it seems that usually I am in agreement with them on Social issues.

However I feel that the methods that many Atheists use to get their point across is ultimately hurting their own ideologies.

Zombie Slayer
R.I.P._kimi_no_psycho_

[ Edited ]

Reply to gfish - Message ID#: 2799200

gfish wrote:

_kimi_no_psycho_ wrote:

Because it contradicts with what I learned.

Ever thought someone taught you only one side of the story? When I first started researching pagan cultures, I believed that people progress to monotheism, yet it turns out that the first monotheistic religion in the world was created by the pharaoh Akanaten to destroy the power base of the high priests.

History is different depending on who tells you what.

I forgot to mention I was skeptic. This is the reason why I said I don't believe you, and never explicitly announced you were wrong.  I've made sure I never make a conclusion from one point of view. I've been taught to look at history at different sides, but your side just isn't consistent from what I've seen in other orders portrayed.

_kimi_no_psycho_ wrote:

Why the hell should you be the only person to determine history?

If you really think that I'm deternining history and making this up as I go, you are a clinical case. Have you ever taken a history class outside a Catholic school?

Catholics are a different from fo Christianity that took on a different view of the world and became the tool of kings to control their people. That is a historical fact. Everything I said can be verified by history books.

Yes, I make sure I have made sure that beyond the history class, I've learned what has actually happened in history. Overall, the statement above this...

Catholics are a different from fo Christianity that took on a different view of the world and became the tool of kings to control their people. That is a historical fact.

I will not disagree with. I know this is historical fact. I can further elaborate on that by saying kings of some European nations used the idea of divine right in order to impose absolute rule. I can also say that several Protestant kingdoms today still have state recognized religions amidst relatively religious freedom. But, that's not important to the argument, is it?

What I'm feeling from you right now is belligerency, especially from you by trying to shove at your version of history, your own order. I don't like that. As I see here, you're determining what's history for me

Ignorance is usually bliss, but in your case, its dangerous.

Good, but I'm hesitant to finalize my conclusions. So, I'll remain dangerous.

Message Edited by _kimi_no_psycho_ on 04-27-2004 09:02 PM

Mysterious Ooze
Pozerking

Reply to R.I.P.Alauren_The_Eternal - Message ID#: 2799578

i entirely agree and i think you quoted my post.  well done tree hugger *smirks*

Scaredy Cat

Reply to gfish - Message ID#: 2799200

Gfish you should know better, Catholicism is not the only 'Christian' faith that was originally formed to control people of a nation or region, Henry XIII is a prime example of this, he formed the Church of England merely to contradict the Pope and in doing so set a war in motion that would plunge England into civil war for the next 200 years.

In Russia, Ivan the Great I believe (Correct me If I am wrong) allowed the entrance of the Orthodox missionaries as a way to unite Russia under a single force, the Russian Orthodox Church was used for centuries to dominate and oppress the lives of all Russians and people who fell under the Imperial yoke.

Catholicism is basically a religion about consolidating power. Since it's birth in Rome every mark able action in it's history has been to gain popularity and thus power or to remove competition.

Ghost Doge
gfish

Reply to R.I.P._kimi_no_psycho_ - Message ID#: 2799607

For the last time its not my version of history. I'm still not sure if you're just slow or something worse. I've been taught history in 3 different countries and this is an overall picture that every historian agrees with.

Switch to Discovery. You may "discover" something.

It seems to me that you agree with my in point, principal and most of the presentation, but you're just so individual and defiant you can't allow yourself to fully agree with me in writing.

Scaredy Cat
andresu2004

Looks like you're the one trying to shove atheism down peoples' throats.  People can promote their beliefs, it's called free speech.  This thread is a piece of crap, as are you.
Scaredy Cat

Reply to andresu2004 - Message ID#: 2800006

Read the whole thread love.
Scaredy Cat
andresu2004

Reply to R.I.P.Alauren_The_Eternal - Message ID#: 2800067

Alauren_The_Eternal wrote:
Read the whole thread love.

Eh, I'm too lazy.
Ghost Doge
gfish

Reply to R.I.P.Alauren_The_Eternal - Message ID#: 2799832

Alauren_The_Eternal wrote:

Gfish you should know better, Catholicism is not the only 'Christian' faith that was originally formed to control people of a nation or region, Henry XIII is a prime example of this, he formed the Church of England merely to contradict the Pope and in doing so set a war in motion that would plunge England into civil war for the next 200 years.

I mentioned that in a post on this page actually. I was mistaken in saying it was king George, not king Henry. Sorry about that.

In Russia, Ivan the Great I believe (Correct me If I am wrong) allowed the entrance of the Orthodox missionaries as a way to unite Russia under a single force, the Russian Orthodox Church was used for centuries to dominate and oppress the lives of all Russians and people who fell under the Imperial yoke.

It was longe before Ivan the Great. When he ruled, the Russian Orthodoxy already was the dominant religion in Russia. It was brought over by the Visagoths, but Ivan, his predecessors and the future czars were also considered the head of church.

Therefore, disobeying the church also meant treason like in England or Span, but it really was not as bad as it was presented. After a brief adjustment period, most Russians converted into Christianity and lived by the principles ever since.

The deadliest thing about the czars was their need for domination and in this need they killed thousands regardless of religion.

Catholicism is basically a religion about consolidating power. Since it's birth in Rome every mark able action in it's history has been to gain popularity and thus power or to remove competition.

This of course after the Byzantines began to lose their grip on Europe.

Mysterious Ooze
Pozerking

Reply to andresu2004 - Message ID#: 2800096

I love you so much.  you and your zany antics.  ahh, to be a swim voyeur again...

(my voyeur-ness lasted all of 10 minutes.  it was funny.  i basically went right to scenester after fan.  now i'm rambling.)

Mysterious Ooze
R.I.P.shutupfatboy

[ Edited ]

How did this thread transform into a anti-catholic rant? Most religious threads tend to do.

I am suprised people devotely follow the bible.
First at, Jesu.s was never meant to be worshiped. This whole idea was added in later in time.
Also , Jesu.s probably had a wife, due to it being so controversal not to have one at that time. Historians belived it was Mary Magoline (spelled wrong). 

Message Edited by shutupfatboy on 04-27-2004 06:19 PM

I put the "r" back in awesome
Scaredy Cat

Reply to gfish - Message ID#: 2800215

Tsars were some of the best Autocrats out there. I think it is interesting how very few Tsars or Tsarina actually inherited the throne, it seems to me it was often taken during a Coup.

Autocracy, got to get me some of that hmm?

Ghost Doge
gfish

Reply to R.I.P.Alauren_The_Eternal - Message ID#: 2800445

Usually yes.

The throne in Russia was something to be taken by force and rarely inherited. Think of it as a competition. Whoever can amass the biggest military and has the best strategy wins the country and it's people. Some Russian czars also practiced the Greek method of avoiding being poisoned.

They drank a little poison every day to build up an immunity until they could safely ingest lethal doses.