SwimSuperfan

Why I'm Allowed To Be Judgmental About Corn Sugar

Corn farmers and dietary elitists have recently been getting butthurt about the image of "High Fructose Corn Syrup", which, as you may be aware, has been rebranded as "Corn Sugar". "Sugar" sounds a lot better than "Syrup".

But even still, they're upset that the name change hasn't made us fall in love with it. They air their commercials and chastise us for supposedly being "uneducated". Yeah, the same old pretentious argument. If everyone is saying it, it must be a bunch of hivemind rhetoric, right? We're a bunch of sheeple unless we respect "corn sugar", right?

We know what we're talking about when it comes to this stuff, okay? Corn sugar is relatively the same as sucrose and is "perfectly fine in moderation"? Now THAT'S rhetoric! You think we don't know that already? Let me point something out to any of these people who have yet to read the Ingredients manifest on anything that has ever been eaten ever.

High Fructose Corn Syrup is EVERYWHERE.

There ain't room to swing one's pendulous American gut without hitting some food or drink that not only has this stuff in it, but has it as the primary ingredient! Comparable to sucrose? Fine in moderation? Okay then, corn farmers, enjoy drinking about maybe a capful of punch at any given time, because if you expect us to compare corn sugar to things like pure sucrose, we would have to consume as much corn sugar as we do other sugars. But we can't, because it's too pervasive. That's why we don't demonize other sugars. Because they're not in EVERYTHING. It's totally possible to consume THOSE in moderation, but you just can't do that with corn sugar.

Which is why we say, "Hey, watch out for that High Fructose Corn Syrup!" It's like telling people to watch out for animals on the street. Are you gonna blame us for condemning squirrels if they're the chief instigator of roadkill accidents? I think not. Or maybe you would, it's never YOUR fault, is it, corn farmers? So why don't you take the first step and get out of the road?

SwimCount
SaugusHagar

Re: Why I'm Allowed To Be Judgmental About Corn Su

Reply to Kaljinyu - Message ID#: 56866942

The difference is that squirrels are jerks, and idiots. Many times I think they run out into the road just to see if I'll move for them or some kind of chicken game. It's funny watching them have that oh **NaClO** moment when they realise I'm not moving, and they try psych out my car by darting three different directions until they finally make the decision to just run. Sorry squirrel. But you're life isn't worth me running off of the road, or even slowing down.
the original man in black

go n-ithe an cat thú is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat
Order of the Owl
Cepheus84

I have to agree. I purposely avoid drinks and foods with HFCS.
Quit talking about math. This thread is about wanting to be raped.
-lunarnoodle
SwimStar
olmoldy

Thought they are right in the sense that HFCS is "Virtually" the same as Table Sugar

it's in the way it's made and the way the Liver handles it that is WAY different.

HFCS has to drawn from Corn Starch with Acid then Bleach to be useful as a sweetener

and when the Human Liver encounters it The Liver recognizes it as "Alcohol and Processes it

as such. So you see People with "Beer Bellies" that Never drank a Beer, Fatty liver syndrome

and Cirrhosis of the Liver in teens! This was and has never been seen with Common table sugar.

"It is good that war is so terrible, lest we become to fond of it! "
(Robert E. Lee, Battle of Fredricksburg)! " It was a Close run Thing!" (The Duke of Wellington, after the battle of Waterloo)
"And that's the way it is!" (Walter Cronkite) "Beware of Foriegn entanglements, and the setting up of political parties" (George Washingtons farewell address) "Beware of the Military Industrial Complex" (Dwight David Eisenhower's farewell address) "Power corupts, and absolute Power, Corupts, ABSOLUTELY" (Benjamin Franklin) "Three pints of Guinness, for that's what was poured, Three pints of Guinness, Three, and no more"( I thought that up) "If it is NOT Nesessary to Amend the Constitution, THEN it is Nesessary NOT to AMEND IT" (Benjamin Franklin)
"America has no Real Native Criminal Class, We just have CONGRESS" (Mark Twain) "the BEST friend a Man Can Have is a Congressman, that is Completely Bought & Paid for" (Mark Twain) "Death is more universal than Life; Everyone dies but not Everyone lives"( A. Sachs) "Show Me a Gold Mine, and I'll Show You
a Hole in the Ground , with a LIAR at the Bottom!" (Mark Twain)
Swimmortal
Raptorpat

That's it! I'm eating nothing but... *thinks of something without HFCS*
Ok I guess I'm going on a hunger strike.
i got pantsed by an admin

"I have been here way too long, I spelled diarrhea right on my first try." - MusketBoned
Swimmortal
westpark

It's hard to avoid. It's in **NaClO** near everything.

WESTPARK THE KING OF ASMB

"westpark ran a train on this thread" - Stilgar

"Every woman needs a good slap now & again." - Sir Sean Connery
SwimNerd
cory_n_trevor

ive lawyas luvs high frutusose corn syrp

i luv pop & its what makes the burn i think

SwimStar
MafiaMeteor

inorite :smileyindifferent:

They can't sit there and act like it's not in just about everything.
☆ ★ ☆ praise be to Sharkgod ☆ ★ ☆
♥ crushrose is my pet shark ♥ ~MegaNaraku gave me 2 jewel shards~
"Also, sorry that your foot was suddenly removed with no PM or anything." -SwimMod_Bast
"Curiosity killed the cat, or it just gets the cat flashed online." -lupinfan83
"Shippo poops? And here all this time I thought he turned it into those mushroom thingies." -doxiedachsie
"its ok. i have a fiery death or two coming my way anyway." -skyllama13
"but I'm just stuck in wtf land." -Tuttle
SwimStar
olmoldy

Reply to Raptorpat - Message ID#: 56874440

Raptorpat wrote:
That's it! I'm eating nothing but... *thinks of something without HFCS*
Ok I guess I'm going on a hunger strike.

Any soda made in Mexico is made with Cane Sugar, That includes Coke & Pepsi

and most of the "Micro" brew Sodas are made with Cane sugar, when buying

Cereal or Bread look for things like "Organic Cane Juice" **Hippy Sugar**

that just sugar cane juice that's unrefined into crystalline form molasses, or brown sugar. There are plenty out there without HFCS!

Look out for Ketchup, and spaghetti sauces they use HFCS a lot.

(Robert E. Lee, Battle of Fredricksburg)! " It was a Close run Thing!" (The Duke of Wellington, after the battle of Waterloo)
"And that's the way it is!" (Walter Cronkite) "Beware of Foriegn entanglements, and the setting up of political parties" (George Washingtons farewell address) "Beware of the Military Industrial Complex" (Dwight David Eisenhower's farewell address) "Power corupts, and absolute Power, Corupts, ABSOLUTELY" (Benjamin Franklin) "Three pints of Guinness, for that's what was poured, Three pints of Guinness, Three, and no more"( I thought that up) "If it is NOT Nesessary to Amend the Constitution, THEN it is Nesessary NOT to AMEND IT" (Benjamin Franklin)
"America has no Real Native Criminal Class, We just have CONGRESS" (Mark Twain) "the BEST friend a Man Can Have is a Congressman, that is Completely Bought & Paid for" (Mark Twain) "Death is more universal than Life; Everyone dies but not Everyone lives"( A. Sachs) "Show Me a Gold Mine, and I'll Show You
Swimmortal
Raptorpat

Reply to olmoldy - Message ID#: 56882454

Well if I have to choose between stuff from Mexico and stuff with HFCS, I might as well go with the hunger strike.
And then die of hunger.

"I have been here way too long, I spelled diarrhea right on my first try." - MusketBoned
SwimStar
olmoldy

Reply to Raptorpat - Message ID#: 56884872

Raptorpat wrote:
Well if I have to choose between stuff from Mexico and stuff with HFCS, I might as well go with the hunger strike.
And then die of hunger.

That's Just CRAZY Talk! Anything Brought into the U.S. from Mexico is "Safe"

most of the Veggies you eat during the winter come from there!

SwimLegend
GiantMegaDoucheX

You nailed it.

The problem isn't the use over real sugar; It's the fact that they add it to f*cking everything.

Swimmortal
Raptorpat

Reply to olmoldy - Message ID#: 56889256

it's all laced with drugs and shipped over by the drug cartels

also the gross water

SwimStar
aeternus_flammeus

And what can we blame for this situation? Let's all say it together: government corn subsidies and tariffs in place that protect domestic sugar producers that keep sugar prices high. Remove government interference and say hi to Brazilian sugar and you'd say goodbye to HFCS.
SwimIcon
Whelp

Reply to aeternus_flammeus - Message ID#: 56894660

I'm not sure whether I blame ADM more or the sugar growers in Florida, but some of the work I'm doing now is an investigation of the redistributional effects of futarchy on sugar quotas. My claim is that regardless of the DV, a futarchy would preserve both K-H and Pareto efficiency! Working around the margins is proving to be a fun little challenge, but Bertrand competition models seem to be helping. 

Three cheers for game theory!

I'm lunarnoodle, man.
he was very abrasive with his crotch
SwimStar
aeternus_flammeus

Reply to Whelp - Message ID#: 56894738

Hip Hip Hooray?

X_x
Order of the Owl
Cepheus84

Reply to westpark - Message ID#: 56881800

It's not that hard if you are conscious of what's you're eating and drinking and aren't afraid of looking a little harder and maybe paying a few pennies more for non-HFCS alternatives. I've pretty much minimized my intake of HFCS by not drinking soda on a regular basis (I drink tea or water instead, or in cases where I do want soda, non-HFCS varieties like Jones soda or Mexican Coca-Cola). The same applies to fruit juices- if you didn't look you'd be amazed to see how many "fruit" juices are really just fruit-flavored HCFS. I drink Simply Lemonade or non-sweetened fruit juices instead.

The only thing I've had a hard time substituting is Heinz ketchup. Ketchup is my favorite condiment and Heinz uses a lot of HFCS. There are non-HFCS ketchups out there but I really prefer the flavor of Heinz.
Quit talking about math. This thread is about wanting to be raped.
-lunarnoodle